+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 49

  1. #1
    TheWorker Guest

    Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Call it whatever you would like, lets get the hell outta there and stop pretending we can change people while throwing away hundreds of billions at the same time

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,197

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Yet another liberal who desires to see civil war in Iraq

    there's a shocker...
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

  3. #3
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    Yet another liberal who desires to see civil war in Iraq

    there's a shocker...
    civil war in iraq??? thats the best you can do???? civil war in iraq???

    WHO GIVES A @#!$

    and im not a liberal, dimwit, im a regular american human being.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    I don't know that I'm for cut and run, but there definately needs to be a realistic timetable put on the table and if by that time we're not getting where we intended to be, then it's time to pull out. Countless Iraquie and American citizens lives are not worth being able to say we won. I wish we could get true democracy established there but it looks like it isn't going to happen. I think we should give it a little while longer and make the desicion but I have a feeling it's going to be us pulling out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    112

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Yeah, cut and run, retreat like a coward, and get shot in the back for your trouble.

    Makes sense to me... NOT!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    175

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    The reason that we can't offer up a timetable is the fact that once that timetable reaches the world press, the enemy will know when we plan to leave. All they have to do then is just wait us out. You can't fight a war on a deadline, especially if the enemy knows what that deadline is (and they will). What we need are realistic plans for success, not failure. I think that the fact that Bush is now relying on the generals on the ground to make decisions and alter them as they see fit is heading us in the right direction. Things are constantly changing on the battlefield and strategies require constant modification.

    Post WWII, we spent 7 years in Japan helping them rebuild and create a government. I know that this is not the same, but we did spend 7 years there and there was practically no insurgency to deal with. Nobody ever said that this was going to happen over night. Bush said at the get-go that this was going to be a long process. This "Are we there yet ? Are we there yet ?" mentality, like annoying children on a long drive, is not helping.

    We need to have a realistic plan for WINNING this war. Leaving is not the answer. We're there, and whether or not you agree with our reason for being there, or the war in general, it's in our best interest, as well as the world's, that we WIN it. If we pulled out and left the Iraqi people (again), the consequences could be very dire, not just for us and the average citizens of Iraq, but for the world as a whole.

    If you think that we are causing a lot of terrorist recruiting right now, how much more will they be able to recruit if terrorism beats us ? We will merely be legitimizing terrorism as a viable way to defeat a superpower. We can't let that happen.

    So, does anyone have a reasonable idea other than "We quit" ?
    I'd rather be an Elephant than a Jackass

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,015

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by buffalobillgates
    The reason that we can't offer up a timetable is the fact that once that timetable reaches the world press, the enemy will know when we plan to leave. All they have to do then is just wait us out. You can't fight a war on a deadline, especially if the enemy knows what that deadline is (and they will). What we need are realistic plans for success, not failure. I think that the fact that Bush is now relying on the generals on the ground to make decisions and alter them as they see fit is heading us in the right direction. Things are constantly changing on the battlefield and strategies require constant modification.

    Post WWII, we spent 7 years in Japan helping them rebuild and create a government. I know that this is not the same, but we did spend 7 years there and there was practically no insurgency to deal with. Nobody ever said that this was going to happen over night. Bush said at the get-go that this was going to be a long process. This "Are we there yet ? Are we there yet ?" mentality, like annoying children on a long drive, is not helping.

    We need to have a realistic plan for WINNING this war. Leaving is not the answer. We're there, and whether or not you agree with our reason for being there, or the war in general, it's in our best interest, as well as the world's, that we WIN it. If we pulled out and left the Iraqi people (again), the consequences could be very dire, not just for us and the average citizens of Iraq, but for the world as a whole.

    If you think that we are causing a lot of terrorist recruiting right now, how much more will they be able to recruit if terrorism beats us ? We will merely be legitimizing terrorism as a viable way to defeat a superpower. We can't let that happen.

    So, does anyone have a reasonable idea other than "We quit" ?
    You make a good point about the enemy knowing our strategy. I just have this gut feeling that this is a war (for one that we should have never got into when we did) that we're not going to win and that democracy is not going to fly over there and will keep colasping or they will elect leaders that are not friendly to us like the palestinans did.

    When you get into a war that you didn't belong in it's hard to win it. I beleive that the longer we are there and things aren't working, the harsher we will be viewed in world politics and relations, the less attention we have to pay to other threats and that it is generally going to bite us in the butt in the long run. It's kind of a winless situation in my opinion.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,803

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by ME3
    Yeah, cut and run, retreat like a coward, and get shot in the back for your trouble.

    Makes sense to me... NOT!
    Ahh...listen to our religious hypocrite here. Not too many days ago you were spouting that dchristie and I needed to learn about God. And here you are, spouting with the mindless warmongering derelicts like Frankie. It shows who you are by default. Thanks for clearing that up.

    Received any "spirit" lately?
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

    Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

    Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,197

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    If we cut and run here is what will happen:

    Iraq plunges into civil war

    Al-Queda uses this as an opportunity to create terrorist training camps in Iraq and obtain weapons of mass destruction by establishing friendly relations with whoever is left standing after the civil war

    With help from the Iranian government Al-Queda sucessfully executes 1 ,if not several ,sucessful terrorist attacks on US soil
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    645

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    They already are having a civil war.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,081

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    If we cut and run here is what will happen:

    Iraq plunges into civil war

    Al-Queda uses this as an opportunity to create terrorist training camps in Iraq and obtain weapons of mass destruction by establishing friendly relations with whoever is left standing after the civil war

    With help from the Iranian government Al-Queda sucessfully executes 1 ,if not several ,sucessful terrorist attacks on US soil
    too late, Iraq is already in a civil ar, Al-Queda already has terrorist training camps in Iraq, and quite frankly all the rest of the things you said would happen anyways wether we're in Iraq or not. Infact, being in Iraq probably makes us more vulnerable. How about bringing those troops back home to defend our own borders instead of invading someone elses?



    Adolf Hitler made 850,000 German soldiers "stay the course" in the city of Stalingrad. Only 6,000 ever made it home alive.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,803

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    If we cut and run here is what will happen:

    Iraq plunges into civil war

    Al-Queda uses this as an opportunity to create terrorist training camps in Iraq and obtain weapons of mass destruction by establishing friendly relations with whoever is left standing after the civil war

    With help from the Iranian government Al-Queda sucessfully executes 1 ,if not several ,sucessful terrorist attacks on US soil
    So because we are afraid and/or too lazy to secure all inbound flights, ships, borders etc , we have to permanently occupy Iraq, and foot the bill to boot?

    I vote we enact a 'repudlickin only' tax for supporting the war in the first place. A pay cut for all politicians who support it, proceeds going directly to a war fund. If they want a war, they can finance it.

    That will cause more work for Frankie, not only to lick the toilets, but work overtime licking the urinals as well. :D

    (PS. Make sure you don't eat those urinal 'pucks' Frankie. Unless you have really, really bad breath.) Happy cleaning :)
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

    Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

    Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,682

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Wake up. Iraq is already in a state of civil war.

  14. #14
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by Button
    I don't know that I'm for cut and run, but there definately needs to be a realistic timetable put on the table and if by that time we're not getting where we intended to be, then it's time to pull out. Countless Iraquie and American citizens lives are not worth being able to say we won. I wish we could get true democracy established there but it looks like it isn't going to happen. I think we should give it a little while longer and make the desicion but I have a feeling it's going to be us pulling out.
    I wouldnt agree that just an overall pullout of every troop is smart either, but we need to get the heck out or drastically change something, anything.....that is a fact.

    calling it "cutting and running" is just playing with the retards who go around shouting that nonsense like they think its some big insult against those who dont support "staying the course".

  15. #15
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by buffalobillgates
    The reason that we can't offer up a timetable is the fact that once that timetable reaches the world press, the enemy will know when we plan to leave. All they have to do then is just wait us out. You can't fight a war on a deadline, especially if the enemy knows what that deadline is (and they will). What we need are realistic plans for success, not failure. I think that the fact that Bush is now relying on the generals on the ground to make decisions and alter them as they see fit is heading us in the right direction. Things are constantly changing on the battlefield and strategies require constant modification.

    Post WWII, we spent 7 years in Japan helping them rebuild and create a government. I know that this is not the same, but we did spend 7 years there and there was practically no insurgency to deal with. Nobody ever said that this was going to happen over night. Bush said at the get-go that this was going to be a long process. This "Are we there yet ? Are we there yet ?" mentality, like annoying children on a long drive, is not helping.

    We need to have a realistic plan for WINNING this war. Leaving is not the answer. We're there, and whether or not you agree with our reason for being there, or the war in general, it's in our best interest, as well as the world's, that we WIN it. If we pulled out and left the Iraqi people (again), the consequences could be very dire, not just for us and the average citizens of Iraq, but for the world as a whole.

    If you think that we are causing a lot of terrorist recruiting right now, how much more will they be able to recruit if terrorism beats us ? We will merely be legitimizing terrorism as a viable way to defeat a superpower. We can't let that happen.

    So, does anyone have a reasonable idea other than "We quit" ?
    by thinking you can "win" you are already dissillusioned.

  16. #16
    TheWorker Guest

    Re: Cut And Run Cut And Run

    Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    If we cut and run here is what will happen:

    Iraq plunges into civil war

    Al-Queda uses this as an opportunity to create terrorist training camps in Iraq and obtain weapons of mass destruction by establishing friendly relations with whoever is left standing after the civil war

    With help from the Iranian government Al-Queda sucessfully executes 1 ,if not several ,sucessful terrorist attacks on US soil
    iraqi civil wa.r....defintiely true.

    al queda using iraq for camps and obtaining WMDs....now that is somethign i cant agree with. if what you say is true, and they have Irans support, why would they need iraq at all. just use Iran.

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, 2001, ???, abandoned, accused, admit, admitted, affairs, age, agree, ain, airport, al qaeda, america, american, another, appeared, approved, article, associate, asy, attention, bad, baghdad, based, basic, basically, big, bin, bite, blame, blood, bomb, bombed, books, boot, border, bowl, bring, bringing, british, bust, button, call, camps, card, care, carry, case, causing, center, cer, change, chase, che, cheney, children, children killed, chris, chs, citizens, civil war, cleaning, clearing, cli, communism, condi, confirmed, cons, constant, continue, couldn, countries, country, coward, cowboys, creates, credible, crowd, dallas, damn, days, dead, deadline, deaf, deal, dear, death, declared, defeat, defend, demand, democracy, destroyed, destruction, diploma, diplomat, division, doesn, don, dont, douglas, dow, dozen, drew, dropping, dying, eme, enemy, environment, europe, experience, face, factor, fall, families, fatal, fed, fee, fight, fit, fix, forces, front, fund, gas, gave, generals, give, global, gonna, ground, group, gut, guys, hand, handle, hands, hats, head, heading, hearts, held, hell, helping, hey, hide, high, hon, house, html, huge, huma, human, hussein, hypocrite, ial, ian, illness, impact, inbound, injury, interest, invade, involuntary, involved, iraqi, islamic, isn, issues, john, joined, killed, kind, king, laden, lazy, leaders, leave, leaving, lets, liberal, line, lining, lis, listen, long, long run, longer, los, loss, lover, loving, making, mass, mea, members, memories, mental, mexicans, million, mind, month, moral, motives, nam, national, needed, network, newspaper, noble, north, offer, officials, operations, opportunity, order, ordered, org, organizations, overthrow, part, people, personal, piece, planned, plans, poison, policies, policy, poor, pop, popular, pos, post, presiden, pretending, price, process, protect, public, public opinion, pull, pulled, punished, quality, question, quit, race, rats, rea, reaction, reality, reason, reasonable, recruiting, regime, regular, religious, replace, respect, responsible, ress, results, risk, roo, roy, running, secretly, secure, sell, september, serve, served, service, services, severe, ship, sho, shot, showed, shows, sign, sinking, slaughter, sniper, sons, spent, star, start, states, statistic, stone, stop, stranger, strategy, stupid, submit, succeed, success, sun, super, support, supported, supporting, taken, takes, talk, talking, terrorist, thinks, thought, threats, tie, ties, tim, times, tme, total, tough, trade, trusted, typing, united, united states, url, veteran, veterans, vice, view, violent, waiting, war, wars, watched, weak, wearing, win, winning, wins, won, worker, working, world, worth, wow, year, years

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •