+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Crackdown on illegals takes toll in Pennsylvania town

98 thousand acres????? My gosh! Thats inconceivable.
    I dont think we need an impeachment in the midst of all thats happening.
    He will be gone in two years but I do think treason is something that should
    be considered. He took an oath to protect America...NOT!
    Ive thought for a long time we should give Mexico back some land....TEXAS!
    It can be Texico and Crawford can be their capital.
    Looks like he is planning to get far away from here. Because of the No.
    American Union they have planned for us or does he know something?????

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    98 thousand acres????? My gosh! Thats inconceivable.
    I dont think we need an impeachment in the midst of all thats happening.
    He will be gone in two years but I do think treason is something that should
    be considered. He took an oath to protect America...NOT!
    Ive thought for a long time we should give Mexico back some land....TEXAS!
    It can be Texico and Crawford can be their capital.
    Looks like he is planning to get far away from here. Because of the No.
    American Union they have planned for us or does he know something?????
    Oh my goodness, don't give them Texas, I live here! LOL
    I don't think we whoud give them not one stinking inch.
    Once you start giving land to them there will be no end to what they will want next. That will just fuel the fire.

You are probably right about the impeachment thing, Treason yes. I just hope he does not do more damage to America in the next 2 years..

Ok here I come with the not so popular opinion.I do think that there is a problem.We do need to fix it.But I also think that we need to remember that our country was built on immigration.I relize some of those who come are trouble.But I believe most are simply trying to better their lives.Should they come illegally no.But we need to find a better solution.They are our neighbors.I support the guest worker program or something like that to help scale down the number of illegals coming in for the purpose of finding work.
    As far as drug dealers and gang members or any criminal element go I really dont see how anything will change that.Criminally minded people will never respect any law.
    As far as bogging down our education system I dont agree.I feel that all are entitled to education and regardless of citizenship these children need to be educated.Perhaps if they are they will be able to break the cycle of poverty in their families.And as far as passing non-english speaking students.I happen to know we also pass plenty of english speaking students who arent ready to move on too.
    As to draining our social help programs such as W.I.C. and medicade.The truth is so are plenty of legal citizens across the country.I agree these programs need reform but it has little to do with illegals claiming benefits.
    As far as cheap labor goes.Honestly its all competition.I know thats not a very popular opinion.But look around the world and compare the pay scale.We are paid very well.And Ill even take it a step further and say in some cases too well.What we have to realize is that with globalization there comes global competition.Even right there in your own home town.Because even if you succeed in driving out those who would work for less.Those same companies will follow them right back to Mexico.Its happening all over my state.
    All Im asking is where is the compassion?Where is the empathy?And I suppose I dont really expect it from the fellas but ladys come on.What if you had had the unfortune to be born in Mexico.And Im not saying that the country isnt beautiful but there is little work there.What lengths would you go to to care for your family?Just try to see another perspective on this subject.
    I agree things need to change but these people are people not things.These people are our neighbors not our enemies.We need to work with them and they need to work woth us to come up with the best solution for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie
    Ok here I come with the not so popular opinion.I do think that there is a problem.We do need to fix it.But I also think that we need to remember that our country was built on immigration.I relize some of those who come are trouble.But I believe most are simply trying to better their lives.Should they come illegally no.But we need to find a better solution.They are our neighbors.I support the guest worker program or something like that to help scale down the number of illegals coming in for the purpose of finding work.
    As far as drug dealers and gang members or any criminal element go I really dont see how anything will change that.Criminally minded people will never respect any law.
    As far as bogging down our education system I dont agree.I feel that all are entitled to education and regardless of citizenship these children need to be educated.Perhaps if they are they will be able to break the cycle of poverty in their families.And as far as passing non-english speaking students.I happen to know we also pass plenty of english speaking students who arent ready to move on too.
    As to draining our social help programs such as W.I.C. and medicade.The truth is so are plenty of legal citizens across the country.I agree these programs need reform but it has little to do with illegals claiming benefits.
    As far as cheap labor goes.Honestly its all competition.I know thats not a very popular opinion.But look around the world and compare the pay scale.We are paid very well.And Ill even take it a step further and say in some cases too well.What we have to realize is that with globalization there comes global competition.Even right there in your own home town.Because even if you succeed in driving out those who would work for less.Those same companies will follow them right back to Mexico.Its happening all over my state.
    All Im asking is where is the compassion?Where is the empathy?And I suppose I dont really expect it from the fellas but ladys come on.What if you had had the unfortune to be born in Mexico.And Im not saying that the country isnt beautiful but there is little work there.What lengths would you go to to care for your family?Just try to see another perspective on this subject.
    I agree things need to change but these people are people not things.These people are our neighbors not our enemies.We need to work with them and they need to work woth us to come up with the best solution for all.

I don't blame them for comming over here, I would do it too if it meant survival and a better life for my family. But remember if they couldn't come here and find jobs and get benefits and actually got arrested for BREAKING THE LAW they wouldn't be so eager to come.

It is bad enough that our own citizens are milking the system but at least they are citizens! Nobody who isn't a citizen should be able to come over here and milk the system and read words on the wall like "If you are here illegally we will not report you to immigration" What kinda crap is that?

Half of my family is composed of immigrants (two generations ago) but we came here LEGALLY.

Should there be a better system in place? Maybe but it should definately involve punishing all who are here illegally by sending them back home. Then if they want to do it the right way I would be cool with it. As far as the temporary work program - they will be able to come over here (for five years as it stands) and work american jobs and send the money back home? That's crap! In my opinion if you have no intention of becoming a citizen then we should definately not give you a five year pass - come on!

Good post Button.

Tax payer funded programs to assist those in need of help should be LIMITED
    to actual citizens of our country. NOT to anyone else.

We do not need to change laws to accomodate those who enter our country
    illegally. WE are not responsible for the wellbeing and welfare of anyone else.
    We built our country, they can do the same!.

As for drug dealers and crime, a good thick wall would be a start.
    There was no vote taken on "globalization" and most of us Americans dont
    want to lower our standard of living that we have worked for to even out
    the so called playing feild.

Claiming of benefits??? Oh, but it does matter. If you are here illegally
    you should receive NOTHING beyond life saving emergency care. Nothing!

I dont even know of anyone who has a problem with immigration....legal
    immigration that is. Its the ILLEGAL that is the problem. They have no
    rights to our social programs or anything else. And if they "are already
    here" then they can keep that 25 billion dollars a year they ship out to
    Mexico and pay for their own healtcare, food and everything else like
    we do!

This country was built with immigrants. Legal immigrants who came in,
    were checked for disease, required to provide a skill or work ethic and
    assimilate....become AMERICANS, embrace our values, culture that
    evolved from the famous melting pot but is a culture seperate from
    all the source countries represented by immigrants.

Finding a better solution is to many just changing wording of laws to
    accomodate potential voters. I think a really good solution is for everyone
    who is so sympathetic to illegal aliens to adopt an illegal family, house them,
    feed them, provide their medical care, clothing, entertainment, and let them ship in all their extended
    family. Its called talking the talk. But dont expect others who do not share
    your views to sit back and accept the swarm so negatively effecting our
    country.

There IS a problem. Heelllllloooooo????? :mad: