+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021

Re: Whats wrong with MLM?

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask

Every debate deserves a rebuttal. No one is allowed to "recruit" and if you were actually reading the threads you would very quickly realize this.

I don't like hype either, that's why I don't hype people. And I don't recruit people, especially not here. Most people here would not even be worthy of my time. Come on, think about it. Would you want to babysit a downline that spends their time whining about not making money or it's too hard, rather than just learning about their own products or doing the work? Give me a break.

Lady Mod,

I promise this is my last post on Scam.com...but I felt I owed it to you to tell you that I do indeed apologise if I was wrong about you. In my defense, in my prior experiences with MLM companies and their "distributors", I have experienced a lot of deception and misleading practices with "distributors" that do prey on the sick and will tell people anything to try to make a quick buck. If you are indeed running an honest business and not deceiving and/or pestering people to join your "downline", you are a rare breed in the MLM industry and I sincerely and humbly apologise to you. I would even go one step further and commend you for trying to better yourself without hurting others. But I will stand by the fact that there are a lot of people here that use Scam.com as a forum to "recruit" people for their "downline". I have seen posts here where people make outlandish claims of "miracle testimonials" that can't be medically substantiated and in my opinion are intended to reel in the unfortunate souls that are truly suffering from very real life-threatening ailments, and to me, profiting from that is despicable behavior and just wrong on every level. When I see people here on Scam.com providing sales pitches and links to MLM sites as their signatures, to me that is a GIANT red flag and it makes me question the motives and honesty of those people. Maybe some don't, but common sense tells me there are alterior motives present. Wouldn't you consider that an attempt to "recruit" people? I sure believe it is. Now that being said, I wish you health and happiness and I hope you have a good holiday season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormon Scam Artist
    Lady Mod,

I promise this is my last post on Scam.com...but I felt I owed it to you to tell you that I do indeed apologise if I was wrong about you. In my defense, in my prior experiences with MLM companies and their "distributors", I have experienced a lot of deception and misleading practices with "distributors" that do prey on the sick and will tell people anything to try to make a quick buck. If you are indeed running an honest business and not deceiving and/or pestering people to join your "downline", you are a rare breed in the MLM industry and I sincerely and humbly apologise to you. I would even go one step further and commend you for trying to better yourself without hurting others. But I will stand by the fact that there are a lot of people here that use Scam.com as a forum to "recruit" people for their "downline". I have seen posts here where people make outlandish claims of "miracle testimonials" that can't be medically substantiated and in my opinion are intended to reel in the unfortunate souls that are truly suffering from very real life-threatening ailments, and to me, profiting from that is despicable behavior and just wrong on every level. When I see people here on Scam.com providing sales pitches and links to MLM sites as their signatures, to me that is a GIANT red flag and it makes me question the motives and honesty of those people. Maybe some don't, but common sense tells me there are alterior motives present. Wouldn't you consider that an attempt to "recruit" people? I sure believe it is. Now that being said, I wish you health and happiness and I hope you have a good holiday season.

Apology accepted.

Affiliate links are allowed in signature lines. I spend sometimes hours removing posts that are pure solicitation and banning those people. But even with 4 moderators, we miss a lot. We do have to rely on folks to inform us or send us links to these kinds of characters. If I was paid, I could spend more time on it, but moderators are volunteers. This is not our "life's blood" and we do try to see both sides to the story if there are two sides.

People are going to have to grow up and use their brains if someone is telling them they are going to get healed by taking a vitamin. Having said that, on the flip side, even today there are doctors and articles in magazines that tell us that the vitamins we are normally taking aren't enough to eliminate different problems. For instance I read an article on stress and being tired. By taking more vitamin B5 one can eliminate exhaustion and some stress related symptoms. Vitamin C, daily allowances are far below what you will find some physicans now telling us that we can take. What the body can utilize.

I met a lady a few weeks ago that is in the same business I am. Her sister a couple of years ago was diagnosed with cancer and was going to have to undergo Kemo therapy. So, she and her husband started her sister to taking the same vitamins I take, thinking this would help her through the kemo. To make the story short, the sister wasn't responding very well to the kemo and the doctors couldn't figure out why. They started testing all these different things and then when those didn't show anything that could explain it, they questioned her sister about her lifestyle and what she ate. They finally determined that the vitamins were making her immune system too strong and preventing the kemo from doing what kemo does, which is pretty much destroys your entire immune system along with the cancer. Right away, she stopped taking the vitamins and finished out the kemo. But when she was recovering, the vitamins did help her regain her strength and health back much more quickly than she would have otherwise. That is a true story and it was interesting. I think. But they never said the vitamins would cure the sister, never expected them to. They just thought that taking them would keep sis from getting so run down, which the vitamins did. Unfortunately, that is not the desired effect one wants from kemo. :rolleyes: Go figure.

OK, there is my vitamin story. LOL. No one grew a limb, recovered from blindness, or got up from a wheel chair and walked on water.

And in all fairness to MLMers, a lot of people come on these forums and start threads asking about different companies. That practically begs people to solicit them. I guess I should just remove all those kinds of threads? People would not like me much if I start doing that. :)

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 12-04-2006 at 07:27 AM.

can't we all just get along?!

Quote Originally Posted by avoid.ws
    can't we all just get along?!

wheres the fun in that?
    ;)

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Apology accepted.

Affiliate links are allowed in signature lines. I spend sometimes hours removing posts that are pure solicitation and banning those people. But even with 4 moderators, we miss a lot. We do have to rely on folks to inform us or send us links to these kinds of characters. If I was paid, I could spend more time on it, but moderators are volunteers. This is not our "life's blood" and we do try to see both sides to the story if there are two sides.

People are going to have to grow up and use their brains if someone is telling them they are going to get healed by taking a vitamin. Having said that, on the flip side, even today there are doctors and articles in magazines that tell us that the vitamins we are normally taking aren't enough to eliminate different problems. For instance I read an article on stress and being tired. By taking more vitamin B5 one can eliminate exhaustion and some stress related symptoms. Vitamin C, daily allowances are far below what you will find some physicans now telling us that we can take. What the body can utilize.

I met a lady a few weeks ago that is in the same business I am. Her sister a couple of years ago was diagnosed with cancer and was going to have to undergo Kemo therapy. So, she and her husband started her sister to taking the same vitamins I take, thinking this would help her through the kemo. To make the story short, the sister wasn't responding very well to the kemo and the doctors couldn't figure out why. They started testing all these different things and then when those didn't show anything that could explain it, they questioned her sister about her lifestyle and what she ate. They finally determined that the vitamins were making her immune system too strong and preventing the kemo from doing what kemo does, which is pretty much destroys your entire immune system along with the cancer. Right away, she stopped taking the vitamins and finished out the kemo. But when she was recovering, the vitamins did help her regain her strength and health back much more quickly than she would have otherwise. That is a true story and it was interesting. I think. But they never said the vitamins would cure the sister, never expected them to. They just thought that taking them would keep sis from getting so run down, which the vitamins did. Unfortunately, that is not the desired effect one wants from kemo. :rolleyes: Go figure.

OK, there is my vitamin story. LOL. No one grew a limb, recovered from blindness, or got up from a wheel chair and walked on water.

And in all fairness to MLMers, a lot of people come on these forums and start threads asking about different companies. That practically begs people to solicit them. I guess I should just remove all those kinds of threads? People would not like me much if I start doing that. :)

Lady Mod
    I agree with you. Everybody have their opinions and should be allowed to express it. In a lot of instances, there will be people against something while others will be for it. That's what a forum is for.... Imagine a forum where everybody is against something or for something. That will be more like a hate club or fan club then.... It won't be called a forum.

And secondly, each individual has a choice. You choose what forums you go to, what posts you read, what links you click, what companies you sign up with, what products you buy. If along the way, you made a bad choice, you just learn and move on. No point blaming yourself, or worse still blame others for that choice you made.
    Last edited by yual; 12-10-2006 at 09:24 AM.

To me, there is nothing wrong with MLM itself.

MLM can work BUT it can only work if:

1) there is a good PRODUCT that saisfy a real need
    2) by a "PROVIDER" or company with a legitimate and sound business system
    3) sold at a reasonable PRICE that matches up to the product value
    4) by PEOPLE who believe who truly believe in the product
    5) through PROMOTION tactics that are effective yet honest

PS: I am saying this even though I am not a fan of MLM myself ONLY because I do not like selling. Just in my introvert nature I guess. LOL.
    Last edited by yual; 12-10-2006 at 09:26 AM.

that's why you have the be part of a company with an automated selling system like the one I am in with GDI...where none of us would have to do any selling because the site, dvd online presentation, and flash presentation, does the selling itself...

people only shout out scam because they didn't make any money and because they didn't do anything...

am I right?

Great topic. At the very least, it raises awareness of the typical pros and cons of the mlm business model.

IMO, there are pros and cons in any business model, but for the sake of this topic, I'll comment on mlm.

From my research, many fail and many succeed in mlm. One cannot discount the fact that there are legitimate mlm companies in business today that have been around for many years, regardless what anyone might think, either good or bad about the industry.

However, I believe the success factor lies in the creative marketing approach or out-of-the-box-thinking approach usually necessary to make any mlm endeavor successful.

Proper marketing is the key, I believe. The normal way to prospect for customers or distributors via the usual company recommended venues takes much longer for the average distributor to see a profit. It may work for someone used to doing face to face sales. Although, love, enthusiasm and belief in the company and it's products, add much to a distributor's success in a company as well.

It is well known, in certain circles, that many top distributors in a new company usually have an established following from a different company,
    making their success much easier.

However, those top distributors started somewhere without a large following at some point, and it is now pretty much smooth sailing with the large group, no matter what company they choose to promote.

The marketing factor involves developing one's own systems of support which may or may not include books, videos, cd's etc., etc.

Ultimately, proper due diligence, including extensive research on the company
    and it's products/services, and more importantly, current market trends go a long way in choosing the right company which could be profitable in the long term for anyone in the industry.

Passion for the mlm industry, a certain company, and it's products and services, also adds a positive spin, by the way.

I, somehow, feel that somewhere down the road, despite it's blackeye, the mlm industry will improve their modus operandi so that the average distributor can have a much better experience.

Then again, I could be wrong :o .

Quote Originally Posted by MindBat
    Great topic. At the very least, it raises awareness of the typical pros and cons of the mlm business model.

IMO, there are pros and cons in any business model, but for the sake of this topic, I'll comment on mlm.

From my research, many fail and many succeed in mlm. One cannot discount the fact that there are legitimate mlm companies in business today that have been around for many years, regardless what anyone might think, either good or bad about the industry.

However, I believe the success factor lies in the creative marketing approach or out-of-the-box-thinking approach usually necessary to make any mlm endeavor successful.

Proper marketing is the key, I believe. The normal way to prospect for customers or distributors via the usual company recommended venues takes much longer for the average distributor to see a profit. It may work for someone used to doing face to face sales. Although, love, enthusiasm and belief in the company and it's products, add much to a distributor's success in a company as well.

It is well known, in certain circles, that many top distributors in a new company usually have an established following from a different company,
    making their success much easier.

However, those top distributors started somewhere without a large following at some point, and it is now pretty much smooth sailing with the large group, no matter what company they choose to promote.

The marketing factor involves developing one's own systems of support which may or may not include books, videos, cd's etc., etc.

Ultimately, proper due diligence, including extensive research on the company
    and it's products/services, and more importantly, current market trends go a long way in choosing the right company which could be profitable in the long term for anyone in the industry.

Passion for the mlm industry, a certain company, and it's products and services, also adds a positive spin, by the way.

I, somehow, feel that somewhere down the road, despite it's blackeye, the mlm industry will improve their modus operandi so that the average distributor can have a much better experience.

Then again, I could be wrong :o .
    nicely put, if you don't like selling, don't get involved in a referral marketing opportunity where you have to sell, instead be part of a referral marekting opportunity that does all the selling for you where a simple email or phone call gains the trust and guarantees the sign up...

still the people that have see the opportunity you are sharing can make an informed decision on their own, if they decide to join, show them and help them with everything...

WIN-WIN

Quote Originally Posted by avoid.ws
    nicely put, if you don't like selling, don't get involved in a referral marketing opportunity where you have to sell, instead be part of a referral marekting opportunity that does all the selling for you where a simple email or phone call gains the trust and guarantees the sign up...

still the people that have see the opportunity you are sharing can make an informed decision on their own, if they decide to join, show them and help them with everything...

WIN-WIN
    I agree. And this is where most people stumble. Many expect mlm to be a cakewalk compared to other forms of distribution, when in fact mlm is just like running any other business, or at least, the similar factors of running one are involved. ie: you have to have enough financial resources in order to
    succeed, and you need to be in constant contact with your customers
    and distributors to keep the business running smoothly.

The X Factor in mlm is the utilisation of leverage. The efforts of others' time and money, which ultimately brings the financial freedom or what many in the industry refer to as walk-away income.

Metaphorically it would be like priming the mlm pump like hell for the first 2 to 3 years, until it starts gushing water, or in this case, money.

After that effort, then one can start to reap the financial rewards of walk-away income.

But again, it comes down to choosing, not just any company that's being hyped up at the moment as company-of-the-month with the product-of-the-month, but finding out what, about the company and it's products, moves you
    and causes you, after extensive evaluation, to jump in with both feet and convince you that it's really worth the effort to be a part of it for the long haul. The one you can call home and ride the wave with.

And that's after carefully investigating the hundreds of companies, products, services, and income potential of each one.

I guess it all boils down to respect for the mlm distribution model in general.

If you respect the potential of the mlm industry, and believe the company and it's products will bring joy to your heart by making you proud to be it's representative, while at the same time affording you the ability to reap the rewards: financial and otherwise, then you may have found the right buisness to be a part of. :rolleyes:

Hi,
    I grew up on Amway. My father started in Amway in late 1960s and made Millions of $. He hasn't worked in 20 years and is still super rich. He signed up people the are now even richer than he is. He NEVER made money from selling tapes or books! He only made money from the products. Products that he sold and his downline sold. I have read things in this thread about how you can't make money in MLMs and I can say first hand, Yes you can! I saw someone say you can't make more than your upline, Yes you can! I saw the Dateline video on Quixtar/Amway and scratched my head. My father has over $4 Billion of product sold through his downline and none are books or tapes! Not everyone will have the dedication to make it, but just because you are too lazy or didn't have a good product, or just a LOSER in gereral doesn't make the MLM structure bad - you just suck at it. Move on, work for someone else- you obviously don't have what it takes to start a biz from scratch and run with it. Otherwise, after you quit the MLM, you would have made it rich in another biz, like opening a restarant or a dept store. I know people that started out mopping floors and now have clothing stores. MLMs are just one way to make it. If you are going to be successful, you will be no matter what path you take.

BTW,
    Has anyone checked out the "Brilliant Compensation" movie? It is very good and tells how ethical MLMs are compared to other biz.