+ Reply to Thread

Bare Escentuals or Bare Minerals

Ive been hearing about bare minerals on tv for a while and I don't know if it's a scam or not, but usually if you buy it off tv, its crap.

I was just wondering peoples personal experiences with this product because I am not wanting to wait a lot of money on something thats not going to work and end up messing up my skin.

The only reason why I ask is because I was going to go down to one of the few stores that sells it and get it for christmas last year and my parents were gonna buy it for me and someone told them that the product was not worth the money at all. That is sucked bascially.... disagree?

Just wondering?

Thanks

--Herbal

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Re: Bare Escentuals or Bare Minerals

Quote Originally Posted by herbalessence04
    Ive been hearing about bare minerals on tv for a while and I don't know if it's a scam or not, but usually if you buy it off tv, its crap.

I was just wondering peoples personal experiences with this product because I am not wanting to wait a lot of money on something thats not going to work and end up messing up my skin.

The only reason why I ask is because I was going to go down to one of the few stores that sells it and get it for christmas last year and my parents were gonna buy it for me and someone told them that the product was not worth the money at all. That is sucked bascially.... disagree?

Just wondering?

Thanks

--Herbal
    Whoever said it sucked didn't know what they were talking about or put it on incorrectly. It takes a light touch but it blends and covers beautifully.

I've used it for over 3 years. It's the only type of makeup that doesn't mess up my skin. However, you can get J. Lynne cosmetics that are equally good and costs less to use. I like it a lot better. I use a primer mineral, then the base color and then the finisher.

Plus you can buy samples first and try it out before making a big commitment.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

I brought the starter kit for Bare Escentuals or Bare Minerals whatever they are calling themselves. Because the kit I brought used both names. I actually brought my kit at Sephora. Here is the link for the kit:http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...categoryId=B70

I like the ease of use, it takes no time at all to put it on, as well as it feels like I am not wearing makeup at all ( especially if I don't use the moisturizer ) The only complaint would be that it does not cover the way it claims, it claims to cover imperfections,pimples and redness for me it does not live up to the claim.

EE

Quote Originally Posted by EE2000

I like the ease of use, it takes no time at all to put it on, as well as it feels like I am not wearing makeup at all ( especially if I don't use the moisturizer ) The only complaint would be that it does not cover the way it claims, it claims to cover imperfections,pimples and redness for me it does not live up to the claim.

EE
    It will though. In your kit you get a shade that leans more pink and one that leans more yellow. Use the pinker one and with a small brush (this they don't give you but they are easy enough to get at any drugstore) after applying all but the setting dust, redab makeup over just these spots you want covered. Then apply the last step.

You just have to experiment with what works best for you. But to really clear up things like redness and pimples, take 200 mg of Alpha Liopic Acid daily. Doesn't matter which brand. You will notice a visible difference inside of a week.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

First I use the moisturizer that came with it, then I use the minerial viel, then I used the light on my redness and pimple scarring, then I use the regular light on all my face. I have noticed also that when I use the warmth ( only used very very little ) that my pores pop out more.

I was watching QVC or HSN, one of those while the lady was on there and she said that you can use the minerial viel first, then apply the rest as needed. So that is what I do.

I take Oil of Olay vitamins actually, but I have not noticed a difference in my face. I am almost 30 and still break out, I have scarring from previous breakouts and thought about trying mederma, but that is a bit expensive.

EE

First I use the moisturizer that came with it, then I use the minerial viel, then I used the light on my redness and pimple scarring, then I use the regular light on all my face. I have noticed also that when I use the warmth ( only used very very little ) that my pores pop out more.

I was watching QVC or HSN, one of those while the lady was on there and she said that you can use the minerial viel first, then apply the rest as needed. So that is what I do.

I take Oil of Olay vitamins actually, but I have not noticed a difference in my face. I am almost 30 and still break out, I have scarring from previous breakouts and thought about trying mederma, but that is a bit expensive.

EE
    At 30, it's your hormone imbalance that causes breakouts. And it could be the moisturizer or cleansers you use on your face as well, you might be overdrying your skin (this was what I was doing thinking I had an oily complexion and that would cure it, wrong).

Try this product, the large bottle will last about a year:
    http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/ProductDe...alog=DHC%20USA

Get the Alpha Liopic Acid, just a daily vitamin will not give you enough to clear your skin. Either than or eat 6 oz of salmon and 1/2 - 1 cup of blueberries a day. (you are gonna find it does the same thing but taking the vitamin is easier and less monotonous.)

When I got the bare essentials it came with 3 powders and brushes. No moisturizer. The Mineral Veil is supposed to "set" the others so I don't know why QVC would say put it on first.

I never used the warmth (it wasn't called that in the beginning). Too dark and too unnatural.

Lady Mod

I will try, thankyou for the links. Im not quite 30, but im close enough at least I think I am. I am actually 27 and all I can see is 30 looming in the background.

As for the warmth I mix a little of the fairly light with it and it tends to make it lighter, because yes it looks dark, but its not as dark as it looks. And if you use just a little not even a little just a speck of it really, then it looks really good, gives you a glow look. But you have to use just a little bit, to much and it looks very unnatural and very ugly.

EE

I will try, thankyou for the links. Im not quite 30, but im close enough at least I think I am. I am actually 27 and all I can see is 30 looming in the background.

As for the warmth I mix a little of the fairly light with it and it tends to make it lighter, because yes it looks dark, but its not as dark as it looks. And if you use just a little not even a little just a speck of it really, then it looks really good, gives you a glow look. But you have to use just a little bit, to much and it looks very unnatural and very ugly.

EE
    Wait until you are my age and 50 looms over the horizon. LOL.

Thank goodness, I don't look that old.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Bare Minerals is the BEST makeup I have ever used! I love it! And I am 56 years old!

Attention owners, managers and loyal employees who still work at this organization. You are no longer alone in this one sided attack on you and your company. Please visit "DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEES GONE WILD" listed under OTHER SCAMS.
    This thread is set up for future employers and employment agencies so a more informed decision can be made when hiring these individuals and others like them.

I just ordered the Bare Minerals starter kit and got it 2 days ago. (my christmas present to me. :)) I love it! I am sooooo skeptical about buying things that have informercials :p but I'm glad I did. I have really oily skin and break out easily, especially if I wear make up. I haven't worn more than eyeliner and mascara for over three years because I live in the south and any kind of foundation pretty much melts off my face within an hour. (ick) I'll tell you what...I put on the bare minerals and at the end of the day, it looked as good as when I first applied it. Even with 2 2-year-olds kissing my cheeks and playing peek-a-boo with me.

Oh, and about putting on the mineral veil 1st....I did that the second day and the overall appearance of everything looked better than it did when I only applied it over everything. The DVD I got said that if you have oily skin, you can apply the mineral veil first. Applying it first and last works best for me and I noticed that it's easier to cover any blemishes. I have a couple scars from acne on my jaw line and I was able to make them dissappear.
    Last edited by Luvs5rugrats; 12-14-2006 at 01:00 PM.

anasbhai Guest

Not that every unconventional stuff is scam but whatever is too good to be true is scam. Impotently those who have no corporate or LLC entity.

My 2 Aunt's both use it and have for about a year and will swear they will never use another brand of makeup other than Bare Minerals ever again they absolutely love it.

I've tried it - if you want the bare-minimum of make up then this will work. It's a powder form of mineral - no coverage - and no - it doesn't work like the models on TV - they've had full make up done by an artist - this product cannot produce those results. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WLBDenton
    It's an awesome product! I buy mine at my day spa as well as Sephora. It stays on all day and looks fresh, even after working all day. They have trial sizes....you really should try that first just to be sure your skin doesn't have a reaction to it. Although it seems like it's expensive, it lasts for a long time.

Good luck and don't let the Naysayers get to you :-)
    I've been using it for 4-5 years now. Ever since it came out, so however long that is. I tried other stuff since but the powder mineral works the best and I don't have allergic reactions to it.

That being said, I would also recommend DHC products for skin care. The Deep Cleansing Oil is awesome. Your skin structure will improve significantly in the first few weeks of daily use. My skin is oily and this has worked wonderfully in actually reducing the oiliness of my skin. The large bottle will last you at least a year. Quite the bargain when you consider all the other crap women buy to take makeup off with.

LOL.

Lady Mod