+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213
Results 193 to 203 of 203

  1. #193
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    I will if I run into any questions. It's nice to be able to use you and sojust as resources. I used to just call my mom and see if she knew what it meant.
    Oh, honey, you're welcome. Anytime, the pleasure's mine. Do you live far from your Mum?

  2. #194
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Not really. It's about 150 miles away, but my husband and I are down there every other weekend because his son lives down there. She just works opposite schedules from me so it's almost impossible to get ahold of her at a reasonable time.

  3. #195
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,330

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Quote Originally Posted by lisan23
    Not really. It's about 150 miles away, but my husband and I are down there every other weekend because his son lives down there. She just works opposite schedules from me so it's almost impossible to get ahold of her at a reasonable time.
    Still, it's hard to be away from family, even if it's just to pop in for a cup of tea or go shopping together. My oldest son recently moved over 3,000 miles away to further his studies and, I'll be honest with you, it's more bitter than sweet. His Dad and I are happy that he's doing well, but it does impact the whole dynamics of our family.

  4. #196
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    846

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    I have studied intensely for 2 years on the mormon faith, I have spoken with many missionaries including the strongly devout, coupled with reading many books from phd's in the studies of false religions and faith such as the mormons which is considered a "cult" because it's pretense is they claim to be christian which they are not as opposed to other religions that are not cults because they do not profess christianity.
    Ok so you have your associates degree in The Study of The Church of The Latter Day Saints, good for you. Yeah you read a few books and "interviewed" a few people. Now try some field study to round out your "anthropology" minor. Maybe visit a LDS church, get to know some people there, attend some of their services. Usually when studying a culture the studier immerses themselves in the culture to better understand why they do what they do.
    And they don't approach it with a "Mine is better than yours" approach. It is usually a why do they do this and what does it mean to them?


    So, that is why you do hear opposition..All Lisan has conveyed is what I call the scam pitch..they say all the right things when they introduce,,that is again antithesis introduce their faith which is a deception and a mask for what they really believe behind closed doors if anyone cares to do the most mimimal of researches even that of google..which Lisan has not done..
    The scam pitch, thats good. I think the same can be said for some Christianity
    we are supposed to take your word for it that what you say is not a scam, that what you say isn't "all the right things". When in fact if you listen very carefully everything that you say sounds very scripted to me almost like you have rehearsed it.

    I would think after having lived it, Lisan doesn't need to Google anything about LDS.

  5. #197
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    846

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Quote Originally Posted by truthbearer
    A. John Ankerberg, phd in the studies of cults
    B. Hank Hannegraph, Nationally known Radio Apologist and his book called "Counterfeit christianity" which mormonism is in the lead!! along with WOF movement.
    C.Maze Web Site mormon watchdog ministry: founded by former Elite member of the mormon faith confirming all I have said to you!! and much more!!
    D. Walter Martin; Famous author and decorated Christian Expositor author of Reward winning Book called: World of the cults, again mormonism leading in the false chritian perspective!!
    E.www.deceptioninthechurch.com,,many, upon many articles from devout scholars who confirm all my claims regarding the mormon cult faith.
    Ok now go back to the library and look up some books that aren't by Christian authors who have a vendeta against Mormons or any other religion that doesn't agree with their own.

  6. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,179

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Anti - I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that his so called study of the religion was lacking evidence.

    And HotParadox - I know. I was raised 3,000 miles away from my grandparents in another state and it sucked. But now I live close to them and it's nice... sometimes. (My grandma is a bit crazy...)

  7. #199
    truthbearer Guest

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason
    Ok so you have your associates degree in The Study of The Church of The Latter Day Saints, good for you. Yeah you read a few books and "interviewed" a few people. Now try some field study to round out your "anthropology" minor. Maybe visit a LDS church, get to know some people there, attend some of their services. Usually when studying a culture the studier immerses themselves in the culture to better understand why they do what they do.
    And they don't approach it with a "Mine is better than yours" approach. It is usually a why do they do this and what does it mean to them?




    The scam pitch, thats good. I think the same can be said for some Christianity
    we are supposed to take your word for it that what you say is not a scam, that what you say isn't "all the right things". When in fact if you listen very carefully everything that you say sounds very scripted to me almost like you have rehearsed it.

    I would think after having lived it, Lisan doesn't need to Google anything about LDS.
    Hi Antithesis,

    Not scripted at all, in fact havent' really discussed it all in the last 5 years. The study I did do on it was intense and involved years ago.

    The best way to study a religion is to look at their own doctrines from them and not others christian or non christian as you suggest right??

    I have done that. I have lived next door to mormons for years , and heard their story and repeated it as such..I also know Jack Mormons as they call themselves which I think many are because they are clueless to it's real doctrines and beliefs.

    Again Antithesis all you need to do is read the cover of the book of mormon, I have yet anyone including lisan to do this..it say's it is ANOTHER testament of jesus.

    Lastly I must remind you I am doing a comparative study between mormonism and christianity.. you know why?? Because the mormon faith say's they are christian..and that is what is extremely deceptive ...which is the reason for the comparatives..

    There must be a standard and the standard is the word of God, which is easier to actually dispute with vs. other religions who don't agree that the bible is the inspired word of God whereas mormons will agree.

    So, there is a basis for which to analyse...I think you have missed this point.

    Lastly, for what it is worth you don't need to become a heroin addict to be able to say convincingly it is not good for you ..any more than you need to conduct an exhaustive study as you would suggest reading the anti christian view.

    No need for it, for the mormon is already believing in the bible..If I were speaking with you it may be different because you do not accept the basis of the bible as the mormon does.

    Again, my posts are limited to speaking with a mormon..not like someone as yourself which I would take a whole new approach because this one I have with Lisan would be futile with you, do to the fact you don't believe at all correct??

    I hope you can appreciate the difference of approach.

    And if anything sounds scripted all I can tell you it is not, but the good thing the truth is consistent and does not change..so, if the story is the same you shouldn't be surprised right??

    The only thing I noted scripted was from Lisan who said I had literature that was designed to attack the mormon faith, which seems to me to be scripted for I sense that is the answer the mormon authorities tell their congregations as their defense for their doctrines and views.

    Hope I cleared it up regarding the audience or people I am addressing..again if you and I are talking about mormonism chances are I wouldn't even go there with you do to the fact the bible is the basis of my answer and if we are not on the same page there than logically it would be futile on my part to engage in attempting to prove anything false about the mormon faith for it is the bible that shows it horrendous errors.

    TB

  8. #200
    truthbearer Guest

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Quote Originally Posted by truthbearer
    Hi Antithesis,

    Not scripted at all, in fact havent' really discussed it all in the last 5 years. The study I did do on it was intense and involved years ago.

    The best way to study a religion is to look at their own doctrines from them and not others christian or non christian as you suggest right??

    I have done that. I have lived next door to mormons for years , and heard their story and repeated it as such..I also know Jack Mormons as they call themselves which I think many are because they are clueless to it's real doctrines and beliefs.

    Again Antithesis all you need to do is read the cover of the book of mormon, I have yet anyone including lisan to do this..it say's it is ANOTHER testament of jesus.

    Lastly I must remind you I am doing a comparative study between mormonism and christianity.. you know why?? Because the mormon faith say's they are christian..and that is what is extremely deceptive ...which is the reason for the comparatives..

    There must be a standard and the standard is the word of God, which is easier to actually dispute with vs. other religions who don't agree that the bible is the inspired word of God whereas mormons will agree.

    So, there is a basis for which to analyse...I think you have missed this point.

    Lastly, for what it is worth you don't need to become a heroin addict to be able to say convincingly it is not good for you ..any more than you need to conduct an exhaustive study as you would suggest reading the anti christian view.

    No need for it, for the mormon is already believing in the bible..If I were speaking with you it may be different because you do not accept the basis of the bible as the mormon does.

    Again, my posts are limited to speaking with a mormon..not like someone as yourself which I would take a whole new approach because this one I have with Lisan would be futile with you, do to the fact you don't believe at all correct??

    I hope you can appreciate the difference of approach.

    And if anything sounds scripted all I can tell you it is not, but the good thing the truth is consistent and does not change..so, if the story is the same you shouldn't be surprised right??

    The only thing I noted scripted was from Lisan who said I had literature that was designed to attack the mormon faith, which seems to me to be scripted for I sense that is the answer the mormon authorities tell their congregations as their defense for their doctrines and views.

    Hope I cleared it up regarding the audience or people I am addressing..again if you and I are talking about mormonism chances are I wouldn't even go there with you do to the fact the bible is the basis of my answer and if we are not on the same page there than logically it would be futile on my part to engage in attempting to prove anything false about the mormon faith for it is the bible that shows it horrendous errors.

    TB
    Oh, Antithesis, regarding lived it logic..to say living it gives one authority on the subject may appear to be correct but not correct 100 percent at all..Dont' you know of anyone that has lived something , but just because they are living in it does not mean it is what they say it is.

    I hope I wouldn't have to come up with obvious examples..hitler believed in all his heart eliminating the jews and creating a national race was moral and right..?? Well, he lived it,but was he right?

    The jones town massacre, had many people believing it , but it became a mass suicide,,they all believed and lived it more than you and I but do you have to live it to see it is wrong>??

    c'mon Antithesis,,I must tell you a debate must contain some degree of reason, if we can't meet on this simple premise and base then it is not a discoruse of logic and reason, it then just becomes just the opposite,,which is adolescent mud slinging looking for a a battle of wit rather than a logical debate.

    I used very good references and sources outside of my own biased views and brought more to the table than even you in that regard..all you brought was yourself and told me to bring in other views..I would suggest you do that ,,since it is your idea..

    I dont' need to bring in an atheist on these matters simply because it is the bible for which I bring my standard of views..so, to do as you suggest is nothing but in the realm of the ridiculous..why would I do that knowing up front they already disagree with my premise?? It does not pass the logical test Antithesis..

    TB

  9. #201
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    1,104

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    unbelievable...quoting your own posts there truthbearer? Some one has a little too much time on their hands.............

  10. #202
    truthbearer Guest

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    unbelievable...quoting your own posts there truthbearer? Some one has a little too much time on their hands.............
    No, sweetie pie,,I was interjecting another thought to member which was not you..

    Got an issue?? I have yet to hear it?? Who are you anyway???

    TB :rolleyes:

  11. #203
    tony_jenn Guest

    Re: "Does The Way You Live On Earth Earn You A Place In Heaven?"

    poor fellow was just too high-strung...rip :eek: ...Jesus is Lord :)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 10:43 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-02-2014, 11:41 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2012, 10:30 PM
  4. "Sterilize Everyone!" Earth Day With The Filth
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2011, 09:12 PM
  5. Wing-Nut Memo: Use "Liberal" In Place Of "Nigger"
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 07:31 AM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
000, abandoned, acceptance, accepted, account, accredited, accuracy, accurate, acted, action, actions, acts, add, addict, address, admired, admit, admitted, adult, africa, age, ages, agree, agreement, agrees, ain, allowed, animals, another, apes, appeared, appears, approval, approved, aries, article, associate, attention, attitude, attributes, authority, authors, avoid, aware, baby, bad, balance, ban, banned, basic, beard, beating, behalf, behavior, believers, benefits, bet, biblical, bigger, biggest, bit, blatant, blood, body, bogus, books, bowl, boy, brand, break, bring, bringing, broadcast, bruce, builder, bunch, bur, buried, called, calls, capital, care, careful, carefully, case, cast, catholic, center, central, cer, chain, chance, charles, cheese, child, children, chris, christian, church, citi, class, cli, clo, close, closet, clueless, code, coin, coming, comments, community, comparison, complete, completely, compliance, condi, conflicts, conservative, continue, conversation, core, corporation, correct, cost, couldn, counterfeit, cove, cover, crap, crazy, cream, credible, credit, creek, crowd, cruel, daddy, dark, daughter, day, days, dead, death, decades, decided, deciding, declared, deeds, deep, defend, defending, dei, denial, deserve, devil, differences, differently, difficult, discussing, divine, division, doesn, dollar, don, donation, dont, door, double, dow, drink, due, dying, ear, earn, effective, elected, elements, ells, eme, ends, enemy, enter, episode, error, establishment, examples, excellent, exceptions, exemption, expand, experience, expert, explained, express, extremely, eye, eyes, eyewitness, face, faced, factual, faithful, fall, families, famous, father, fathers, favorite, fed, felt, field, figures, final, find, finding, fits, focus, folks, food, fool, for kids, forgiveness, free, front, gain, gal, gas, gave, gay, generation, ghost, give, god, gonna, gotta, grace, gray, greatest, group, growth, guaranteed, hand, handle, hands, hasn, head, hear, heart, hearts, heaven, heb, held, hell, helping, helps, hey, hide, hiding, high, highly, hit, holds, holy, honey, horrible, horse, hospital, hot, house, huge, huma, human, humans, hunger, husband, ial, ian, ice, ici, identify, ignore, iii, ill, image, imagine, impact, important, include, incredible, india, individuals, influence, info, insult, inter, interest, involved, isn, issues, jack, jailed, jerusalem, jesus, john, joy, jude, judge, justify, key, kidding, killed, kind, kiss, knock, lady, land, large, larry, latest, lead, leaders, leading, leaving, lessons, letters, life, light, line, lis, lisa, listed, listen, live, lived, living, local, lol, long, longer, los, loser, lot, loves, lovingly, luke, making, mankind, marriage, marti, martin, mass, master, mea, meals, meet, meeting, members, memory, men, method, million, mind, minister, ministry, misinformed, mock, mocking, moral, mother, move, myth, named, national, nationally, natural, nature, needed, network, new york times, nice, nixon, norm, nos, obedience, office, olive, open, opposite, oral, order, oregon, org, organization, owns, par, parade, part, passed, pastor, paul, peacemaker, people, perfect, person, personal, phenomenon, pick, picked, plane, planned, poison, policies, poor, pop, popular, pos, pose, position, positive, post, posted, posting, posts, power, presidency, price, prisoners, pro, process, productive, progress, promising, prophecies, prophet, protect, prove, proves, provoke, public, punishment, question, questions, quick, quit, quot, race, rains, rapists, rated, reaction, real, reason, reasonable, rebellion, registered, release, released, reliable, religious, remind, removed, research, respect, respond, response, revealing, reward, rick, rock, role, room, sacred, sad, safe, saints, salvation, satanic, sca, scary, search, secrets, secure, sell, selling, send, sense, serve, served, services, sex, shared, shares, sharing, ship, sho, shocking, shopping, shot, shouldn, showed, shows, simply, singing, site, small, smith, smoke, son, song, songs, sons, soo, sounds, source, sources, sourcing, speaking, specifically, spent, split, spreading, star, start, starts, stated, states, statistic, steal, steven, stones, stop, story, stream, stupid, style, styles, subs, sucking, summer, super, supported, sweet, sweetie, system, take a look, taken, takes, talk, talking, talks, tapes, teach, tells, temple, teresa, test, testify, text, thankful, the new york times, thinks, thought, thread, threads, threatened, threatening, ticket, tied, tim, times, told, totally, town, trac, track, transportation, tribute, truce, trusted, types, universe, url, version, view, viewpoint, vince, wait, wanted, ward, warren, wars, watched, watching, water, ways, weak, weapon, wearing, weeks, west, whites, wide, wikipedia, win, winning, wise, woma, won, working, world, worldwide, worth, wow, year, years, york, young, youth

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •