+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do you believe in ghosts?

Keeping in the spirit of halloween, I've never been sure about ghosts. However I recently found this video to be interesting.Ghost Stories
    Last edited by gools68; 10-22-2006 at 11:24 AM.

Re: Do you believe in ghosts?

I believe I was visited by one many years ago - have never been able to find a reasonable explanation for what I saw. Funny, really -I don't believe in such things.

coontie is offline Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work... User Rank

I have never experienced a Ghost, but once, several years ago I observed
    a bright ball of light about the size os a Tennis Ball that appeared quickly
    from, seemingly no-where, hovered about three feet above ground
    level, was viewed at a distance of approximately 3 feet, for 8 - 10
    seconds. The swiftly departed, vanished. Whatever it was moved
    very quickly. It was completely silent, made no noise of any kind.
    I wasn't hallucinating, nor was I intoxicated in any way. Two other
    people with me experienced the same thing.
    I have no explanation for this!

Has anyone ever thought they had awakened and were trying to
    get up off of the bed and felt like they were being pinned down by
    some extreme force?
    This is a sort of paralytic protective measure, exercised over the
    physical body that prevents one from jumping out of bed in their
    sleep, or sleep walking.
    Usually, when one gets the impression mentioned in the first paragraph,
    they are actually not awake, but still asleep and dreaming they are awake.
    I know at least one person that was a classic sleep-walker. They would
    get up and even go outside the house into the yard, just be walking
    around and/or standing in one place. Anyone that does this should just
    be taken by the hand and led back to their bed without awaking them.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by coontie
    I have never experienced a Ghost, but once, several years ago I observed
    a bright ball of light about the size os a Tennis Ball that appeared quickly
    from, seemingly no-where, hovered about three feet above ground
    level, was viewed at a distance of approximately 3 feet, for 8 - 10
    seconds. The swiftly departed, vanished. Whatever it was moved
    very quickly. It was completely silent, made no noise of any kind.
    I wasn't hallucinating, nor was I intoxicated in any way. Two other
    people with me experienced the same thing.
    I have no explanation for this!
    I do! I do!

It was electricity. They have actually been documented going into houses, floating around. Darn, I'll see if I can find out what they are called. Don't ever touch one, they can knock you on your butt and stop your heart.

Lady Mod

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

I'll spare folks my visitations. LOL, I get enough grief from the "Christians" as it is without telling some of the things I've experienced. HP knows a few of them.

Namaste'

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    I do! I do!

It was electricity. They have actually been documented going into houses, floating around. Darn, I'll see if I can find out what they are called. Don't ever touch one, they can knock you on your butt and stop your heart.

Lady Mod
    Its called ball lightning. Its also believed that it could be this same phenomena that leads to many UFO sightings. I remember reading about one that occured here in Australia (damn, can't find the link, wish I had saved it), it was in a national park and was 10 meters or so in diameter, left a huge scarred area on the ground.

Hey, now LadyM - let's be a little more specific - christians "lite" (those would be the low carb christians- no bread or pasta) - "non-fat" christians (no dairy or meat) - vegitarichristians (cause carrots have no soul) - fire and damnation christians (no matter what you eat or do - you are hellbound)? Don't you think the christians who were eaten by the lions wish they got that little memo (act like a vegetable - lions are carnivores)? hahahahhaha..it's late...my sense of humor is running away....good night.

I believe in ghosts. The mankind does not know the device of this world completely and a modern science is very orthodox. Many things which the science can not interpret and these things will be explained by science too abstrusely. Nobody knows, what waits for us behind last precinct. Quite probably that the God has made it specially... :rolleyes:

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Quote Originally Posted by BiR
    I believe in ghosts. The mankind does not know the device of this world completely and a modern science is very orthodox. Many things which the science can not interpret and these things will be explained by science too abstrusely. Nobody knows, what waits for us behind last precinct. Quite probably that the God has made it specially... :rolleyes:
    Boris - I believe you have the true vision.
    Also, I continue to be amused and like your animation charcters
    very much. The one of the big hand pointing at the apprehensive
    figure is too funny! :D

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    Its called ball lightning. Its also believed that it could be this same phenomena that leads to many UFO sightings. I remember reading about one that occured here in Australia (damn, can't find the link, wish I had saved it), it was in a national park and was 10 meters or so in diameter, left a huge scarred area on the ground.
    I have saw this too, as we, where I grew up in Florida had some
    hellacious lighting storms. I have seen ball-lighting do things you wouldn't believe, including coming through a metal scrre on a window, leaving a
    burn mark and going down the sink drain of the kitchen. It was making
    a sizzling sound. It traveld through grass [high] and scross a driveway
    flooded with water, before jumping through the window.
    This other thing that I referred to occured under NOT thunderstorm
    conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Hey, now LadyM - let's be a little more specific - christians "lite" (those would be the low carb christians- no bread or pasta) - "non-fat" christians (no dairy or meat) - vegitarichristians (cause carrots have no soul) - fire and damnation christians (no matter what you eat or do - you are hellbound)? Don't you think the christians who were eaten by the lions wish they got that little memo (act like a vegetable - lions are carnivores)? hahahahhaha..it's late...my sense of humor is running away....good night.
    Be careful lest Tony-Jenn is lured here! Sheeeesh! :rolleyes:

There was a man named Charles Forte that lived back in the late 1800's and
    early 1900's that it appears was of good finacial means. He hired crews
    of people and individuals to go to various places in the world and investigate
    phenomena that he had heard about.
    The book is very interesting, cannot remeber the title right off, but
    some brief research should reveal this.
    Anyhow, amongst other things, the phenomena of 'ball-lightning was
    well documented.
    Also, large glowing objects flying throught the air. Upon observtin of
    their landing and going to that spot, many were observed to be very
    large globs of a clear gelatin-like substance.
    Also, documented were tornadoes that went over and someone looking up
    into the inside of the 'funnel' and seeing raging fires, where the tornado
    had swept through a forest fire and.or burning houses and sucked them up,
    still on fire.
    As well, very larger glowing objects that were seen by the deck-watch
    of ships to move under the ship on their path of travel and illuminate
    the superstructure of the ship so well that a great deal of detail could
    be seen. No one ever determined what these objects were. However
    it was also said that at times several could be seen merging, moving
    about each other, than moving on seperately.

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

It's a definate maybe. After my dad died, both my sister and I had the same dream of talking with him. Of course I said," You do know that you are dead, don't you?". Fairly cordial and it did ease the greiving process.

Who knows? I guess death should be a mystery. Hamlet said it best:

The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
    No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
    And makes us rather bear those ills we have
    Than fly to others that we know not of?

I just joined this board, been lurking for quite a bit. . .

Many years ago, I worked in an old hospital in Oakland (on Pill Hill). I was an orderly, and worked the 11p to 7a shift. It was habit of mine whenever I walked down a hallway I would glance in rooms. I used to see 'trouble' that way. Patient who was in distress, IV bag empty, etc.

I was walking and looking that way once at about 3am and I saw a youngish man in a Navy officers uniform sitting at the end of the bed, in a chair, with his legs crossed and his hat in his lap. He was just looking at the patient intently. A slight smile ...

I kept walking. Went to the nurses station and was going to do my charting. The RN came out of the meds room and I asked her "Does the patient in room 1264 have doctors orders for visitors this late?" She frowned and said, "I don't think so, but she is a terminal patient, so she might..." and picked up her chart. I said, "Well, there is someone down there with her." She said, "There's no order." and put down the chart and went down to the room.

A minute later she came back and said, "Is that supposed to be some kind of joke? You think I've never seen a dead body before?" I'm trying to figure out what the hell she's taking about when she said, "The patient has expired. She died. Get her stuff together and I'll call the family and doctor."

I called someone to help (moving a corpse is a two person job), got a morgue gurney and packed her up for a trip to the fridge. Some personal belongings went into a plastic bag. My eye caught a picture in a frame - it was the man that I saw sitting at the foot of the bed.

At about 6am, family arrived. Red eyed and upset, of course. I gave the bag with personal belongings in it to the daughter, about 35 or so. The picture of the man was visible thru the plastic. I asked her "who is that?" and pointed to the picture. "Oh," she says, "that's my dad. He was a Merchant Marine. He was killed just before the start of World War Two when a ship he was on was sunk by a German U-Boat."

I just told her that I was sorry for her loss, and gave her the bag.

And tried to make the goose bumps go away.

Dad came to pick up mom, and was patiently waiting for her.

I wonder what he'd of said if I'd of walked in and talked to him??

I enjoyed your story and I believe in ghosts, too. My mother fully believed she would be with my father again and she never remarried after his death. 40 years! In the days shortly before she passed away, she saw her mother several times and her grand mother. They were both laughing. She knew they were coming for her and she was relaxed and ready. But she never mentioned seeing my father. After she died, a friend of mine who had never met my mother told me that she had a vision of my mother and Jesus walking together and talking. they were very natural and anamated. I wish I could have listened in to their discussion.

Last night Barbara Walters did a special about heaven and our many beliefs regarding life after "death."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ory?id=1374010