+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Dr. John M. Latourrette, Snake Oil Salesman

(Partial thread from http://www.scamfraudalert.com/showthread.php?t=2548 Scamfraudalert.com published below)

Flim Flam Man "Dr." John M. LaTourrette, "Ph.D"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LaTourrette is a slippery fellow currently selling a number of trainings and DVD type courses such as "Silva Ultramind's Remote Viewing and Remote Influencing The Next Evolution in Mind Power by Dennis Higgins and John La Tourrette, Ph.D.", which contains a fraudulent claim regarding the author John M. LaTourrette. LaTourrette is most certainly NOT a Ph.D, and in fact purchased his Ph.D from a non-accredited corresponce degree mill called Columbia Pacific University. This phony degree mill was found to be illegally operating in the state of California and shut down. A simple Google search under the Columbia Pacific University will provide you with ample proof of findings of fraud and the closure of the phony degree mill.

I consider degree fraud in the marketing of online courses on a web site to be a very serious matter,.

Check out this Dr. Quack, with a fake Ph.D from Columbia Pacific University.

http://www.mentaltrainingsecrets.com has now been shut down by his internet service provider for fraud.

Snake oil saleman LaTourrette is now operating under 2 new web sites which he obtained fraudulently by using the well known phishing and internet scam service provider www.myprivateregistration.com and [email protected] to illegally obtain new URL's. The new web sites he is selling his phony courses on are www.realmindcontrolsecrets.com, and www.realspeedhitting.com.

Here is a link on Columbia Pacific University, an illegal degree mill which was shut down.

http://www.quackwatch.org/04Consumer.../News/cpu.html

LaTourrette claims to know the secrets of ancient Kahuna magic, which can do everything from making you rich to healing you of all illnesses. Just for a start, of course! And John M. LaTourrette has scammed millions of dollars from suckers for this nonsense. A recent advertisment he sent out was called “The Secret Kahuna ‘Master-Keys’ On How-To-Manifest Your Own Destiny!”

www.realmindcontrolsecrets.com
    www.realspeedhitting.com

Re: Flim Flam Man "Dr." John M. LaTourrette, "Ph.D"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently now LaTourrette's latest 2 web sites have also been shut down by his ISP.

For more information and debate refer back to full original thread http://www.scamfraudalert.com/showthread.php?t=2548.

2. 10-22-2006, 10:16 AM

Reason
    Poof! A WISE man would have heeded the warning. Bye bye!

Re: Dr. John M. Latourrette, Snake Oil Salesman

It's been awhile...more than 2 weeks, in fact, since I challenged John M. LaTourrette (also known as John M. La Tourrette and Jack Williams) and his lackey Jim Knippenberg to supply actual scientific proof of his outrageous claims of everything from cancer cures to get rich quick schemes. Of course, as I suspected, NO such proof of any kind has been posted here. All their back talk was nothing but a bunch of hot air. Attempting to obscure the search for truth by blustering. This might fool some of their true believers who need a tit to suck on instead of standing on their own two feet, but it was barely amusing to me. I never believed for a New York minute that there would be any proof, not one shred of proof of any of these claims.

So, I've tried to do a bit more research on my own. Interestingly, my suspicions of Jim Knippenberg were right on the money. Literally, in fact. He is selling a couple of courses himself (big surprise, huh). One of them is called "Secretly Seduce Her While She Sleeps" and the other is called "Doc's secret of how to be a Mafia hit man" (yes, this is none other than Doc LaTourrette). Okie dokie then! So now we've gone from snake oil sales, and simple online consumer fraud, to major felonies.....the taking advantage of a woman while she sleeps, and murder for hire! Check out Knippenberg's blog at http://mindcontrolcentral.blogspot.com/ You REALLY need to check this out! I just couldn't quite believe it, and still can't if you really want to know the truth, but there it is, right there on the web for every person on the planet to see. No doubt, there really are some suckers, and some very nasty people, who will actually buy this ****. Unfortunately, we're not law enforcement here, just a public service site.

You'll have to search for the courses using your Find feature in your browser, his blog is long and wordy with all the hype spewed out. The offending items are under his 10/11/06 blog for the Hitman and his 8-25-06 blog for the Seduce Her While She Sleeps.

In his blog, he links to a web site he claims he owns called www.mindcontrolcentral.com. However, the web site does not work. Now I wonder why? Could it be possible that some internet service providers don't want their web site advertisers selling information on how to rape women while they sleep or how murder for money? Gee, I don't know, maybe so...what do you think folks???

In my opinion, the obscene duo of John M. LaTourrette and Jim Knippenberg are the biggest couple of hucksters I have seen in a very long time. But more than that, just like religious charlatans such as Jim Jones and David Koresh, these people are actually dangerous, and will stop at nothing to achieve their aims. And these aims, just like the rest of their ilk, are to control others to rip them off financially while fooling them into believing they have the keys to some sort of "higher power" and slowly doling out the "secrets" to those that are loyal them. This doesn't just piss me off, it makes me want to barf! This is really sickening.

Please note that the above 2 posts are reposted and reprinted with permission from another member's thread at Scamfraudalert.com, http://www.scamfraudalert.com/showthread.php?t=2548 and this link contains the full thread.

I personally checked out the link to the blog entry, http://mindcontrolcentral.blogspot.com/ and verified the Jim Knippenberg Secretly Seduce Her While She Sleeps and the Dr. John M. Latourrette Doc's secret of how to be a Mafia hit man are courses advertised there. I've also reattached the blog file as an attachment below for convenience.

John La Tourrette Is A Liar! is a long thread at http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47659 I just found this link posted on Scamfraudalert.

Huckster John M. La tourrette Gives Up Fake Ph.D Claim!

John M. La Tourrette has given up his fake Ph.D claim on his web site, now back up and running again. www.mentaltrainingsecrets.com. Instead, he is now claiming to be an "Ordained Minister". One might think that after having the crap pounded out of him on forums like this one, he "decided" that holding himself out as a Sports Psychologist when he had no license was not a good idea. Ya' think? Or did the authorities finally shut him down?

So now, he's an Ordained Minister instead? Ordained by who? Maybe by a great Kahuna. After all, he's selling "The Lost Secrets of Kahuna!" and "Kahuna Secrets on How-To Become Your Own Kahuna!" http://www.mentaltrainingsecrets.com...aProducts.html What a load of bull.

Same John M. LaTourrette, same snake oil, different day. Still, I like to think this site had some influence on him for dropping the Ph.D claim, and I thank the forum sponsors and members.

John M. La Tourrette Gets Real Dung, Crud of the Month Award

John M. Latourrette received the October Crud of the Month Award for Real Dung (dung, scam, crap), Call The Scam Busters from Shameless Reviews for his web sites www.mentaltrainingsecrets.com and www.realspeedhitting.com.

Here are the web links for the Shameless Review on John LaTourrette:
    http://www.shamelessreviews.com/category/hall-of-shame/, and http://www.shamelessreviews.com/2006...-october-2006/

tony_jenn Guest

good post...thanks for info

Dr. John M. Latourrette

Wow, many of these posts were hard to read. After I post this you can say I was a blind student, tricked or scammed, whatever. Its very possible you may notice grammatical or spelling mistakes. I know anecdotal information is not applicable in a study. That is ok, my purpose here is to provide the reader of this page with a post that they can read and then make their own decision from. I am going to talk here not about if Dr. LaTourette has a real degree or not, or if his snake oil is real. I am going to merely provide the reader with an experience, an experience I had. Below I am going to give you my experience of Dr. LaTourette, and some of my background to that experience.

Before I met Dr. LaTourette I was attending the Institute of Transpersonal Psychology and taking Aikido from Dr. Frager a 7th degree black belt. I believe Dr. Frager is the only other westerner besides Steven Siegel to be that high of a rank in Aikido. I took classes at ITP in their Phd. program and in Aikido for 2 . After those two my wife and I decided that we were after a better graduate program. Before switching program my wife and I moved to Grants Pass where her parents live, that way I could get to know them better.
    While in Grants Pass I decided I would take some classes from Dr. LaTourette in Martial Arts. One of my friends at ITP had met him and told me that he was, "a good guy but a little crazy" When I met Dr. LaTourette I had the same thought, his style was definitely different than my own. I was extraordinarily critical from what I had heard about him. Once I began taking classes around him and with his instructors, I began learning more about martial arts and fighting than I could imagine. In the beginning I took some classes in a different center in Grants Pass that was highly recommended by one of my in laws patients. After one month I left the place in Grants Pass I was learning so much more from Dr. LaTourette that it was slowing me down learning a less effective system from the grants pass teacher. Dr. LaTourette did not mystify or give any smoke and mirrors in the martial arts his instructors and him taught exactly how to do techniques and did not use ambiguous such as chi- they taught exactly how to breath how to stand how to focus, what emotions to have, they taught all of the specifics, in a way that after applying them I could experience the results.
    I took one seminar from Dr. Latourette while in the area. I learned more psychology, and marketing than I had learned anywhere previously. Dr. Latourette knows what he is talking about, and teaches in a way that I was able to do exactly what he said I would be able to do. Many teachers give outlandish claims and then the students at the end cant do anything but are excited. After his seminar many of the students and I remarked to each other that it was amazing that he knew all the specifics of how to do many things. Many of the students that I talked to and I have a great amount of respect for Dr. LaTourette. Not for his degrees but for his ability to teach us what we sought him out to learn. Right now I am in Portland, Oregon taking classes from George Fox Universities Graduate program. I know that George Fox compared to other school has a very good program. However, it is hard to not sit in class and think about how much more I could be learning. I hope that this post provides the site with a review of Dr. Latourette from someone that learned a tremendous amount from him. Previous reviews of Jim Kippenberg on other sites painted a picture of him that I did not witness. I hope a picture of me is not painted that is just as far off. Regardless though I think this post has met its purpose for you the reader. Hopefully someone that comes to this site after reading this will now have the neutral choice to make the decision to learn from their own experience.
    Last edited by KerryG; 11-26-2006 at 04:49 AM.

John M. Latourrette, Formerly Known As Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Quote Originally Posted by KerryG
    Wow, many of these posts were hard to read.
    Really? No one else had any trouble reading them. The english is quite plain and simple. And you being a graduate student and all.....Maybe you don't like to read the truth, and you try to block it out.
    I am going to talk here not about if Dr. LaTourette has a real degree or not, or if his snake oil is real.
    So it doesn't matter to you if John M. La Tourrette lied about his "degrees"? Do your other graduate professors claim to have Ph.D's when they received their doctorate from a non-accredited degree mill that was later shut down? Do they claim to be Sports Psychologists when they have no such license? Yet, you continue to refer to him as Dr. John La Tourrette. He is not a doctor. And let's talk about his fake claim of four 10th degree black belts. Did any of your other instructors make those kind of false claims?
    I believe Dr. Frager is the only other westerner besides Steven Siegel to be that high of a rank in Aikido.
    What does Steve Siegel have to do with this thread??? If you are comparing a Hollywood actor with John La Tourrette, you're proving La Tourrette is a phony. Both Siegel and La Tourrette are actors in a sense. I happen to like Steven Siegel's movies. At least he is practicing his craft honestly. John M. La Tourrette is putting on an act to decieve people like you to get your money, by getting you under his spell, if you will. So you will believe he has some sort of special powers and knowledge. Hogwash.
    I took one seminar from Dr. Latourette while in the area. I learned more psychology, and marketing than I had learned anywhere previously.
    Really? Can you prove that by submitting yourself for examination by legitimate Ph.D's from accredited institutions (NOT degree mill phony's like John LaTourrette) in those subjects? Ph.D's who will subject you to real peer review of your claims? Can you state specifically what you learned? Can you produce peer-reviewed published reference material backing your claims? Will you now be claiming to be a Ph.D, or perhaps even smarter than any legitimate Ph.D as a result of your being sheep-dipped in John M. La Tourrette's snake oil?

Your post is nearly devoid of any facts, other than that you have taken a seminar from John La Tourrette, but what is very clear is you hold a delusional attachment to John M. La Tourrette, and worship him in a way that does not allow for you to see reality, and causes you to take leave of your senses. I would say that John La Tourrette, not you, is firmly in control of your mind. You do fit the perfect definition of a cult follower, with John M. La Tourrette as your guru. The fact that you've admitted you cannot even concentrate on your regular graduate studies, because you are so busy thinking about John M. La Tourrette, should be wake up call to you that you are addicted to a guru, rather than thinking for yourself.

You have not refuted a single fact about the lies and misrepresentations of John M. La Tourrette. The facts are still that he misrepresented himself as a doctor and Ph.D, when even his Ph.D was questionable and never accredited. He has lied about his martial arts background, and does not have even one legitimate 10th degree black belt, let alone 4 of them as he has claimed. I learned this information from http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47659. It's a long thread, but well worth reading as it contains a great deal of information on the questionable claims of John M. LaTourrette going back quite a few years.

And why do you think he dropped his claim of his Ph.D from his own web site www.mentaltrainingsecrets.com? And added this disclaimer:
    While Mind Mastery Training (MMT) has produced remarkable results, it must still be considered to be a work in progress. Thus practitioners and the users of it (the public) must take complete responsibility for their use of it. Further, Mind Master John M. La Tourrette is not a licensed health professional and offers MMT as an ordained minister and as a personal performance coach. Those who want to discuss the use of MMT for specific emotional problems with a professional please contact us privately so we can refer you to a licensed practitioner.
    So, let's get this straight...John LaTourrette used to be a Ph.D, but now he isn't ??? Maybe the authorities were after him, and he had his web site shut down, and that is why he doesn't claim it anymore, and added the disclaimer. And now, instead he's claiming to be an "ordained minister" and calling himself the "Mind Master"? What a load of bull.

Surely, if you really are a graduate student, you must have the sensory acuity, and the intelligence, to be able to discipline yourself, to see through the snake oil and lies John M. La Tourrette is telling and see the truth for yourself? Friend, you need to wake up and smell the bull. As for your "experience" as you term it, certainly you must realize that all deluded cult followers think their guru is wonderful, worthy of the highest praise, and that the guru's teachings are the greatest thing in the universe. That is what snake oil saleman like John M. La Tourrette do, they brainwash suckers into giving them money, and they even get the suckers to smile while they do it! In case you're wondering, the mark (a nice term for a sucker) in this situation is you.
    Last edited by tungison; 11-26-2006 at 06:48 AM.

Re: John M. Latourrette, Formerly Known As Dr. John M. La Tourrette

Its very possible you may notice grammatical or spelling mistakes.
    Upon further review, your statement is more than a bit odd, in that you claim to be a "graduate student". It would seem that good writing, and also your editing of your work are strict requirements of any good graduate program. Why then would you be worried about spelling and grammar, with your claimed level of education? So I'm not sure why you chose to say this, but perhaps you wanted to curry favor and sympathy by seeming to be more human? It is a very suspicious statement, and makes me wonder just how candid you've been in who you say you are.

Re: Dr. John M. Latourrette

I hope any reader from this point will be able to answer the questions you raised by reading my post again. Hopefully, you will not take this comment out of context also.

Re: Dr. John M. Latourrette

I hope any reader from this point will be able to answer the questions you raised by reading my post again. Hopefully, you will not take this comment out of context also.
    You are not being taken out of context. You posted your point of view, and are now part of the discussion thread. However, it is up to you, not the reader, to answer the questions that were raised. Those questions were not answered in your post; but arose as a result of your post. It is your responsibility, both to the readers and to yourself, to address the questions directly. Avoiding dealing with these issues by telling people to "read your post again" only further undermines your credibility. You had the audacity to post here, apparently to draw attention away from the misrepresentations of John La Tourrette, and to show your devotion to him so as to cast him in a favorable light. So, why not take it one step further, and face the issues raised in my rebuttal of your post head on? Certainly, if you are a graduate student in psychology, and trained with an Aikido master, you ought to be able to deal with some simple questions in a forthright manner. So here is my challenge, how about YOU reread your post, and then my posts, and then YOU answer the questions I asked?

Let me be blunt: If you want to be taken as anything more than a delusional cult member who was taken in by a religious scam by John M. La Tourrette, you are going to have to supply serious answers to serious questions.
    Last edited by tungison; 11-26-2006 at 09:20 AM.

While we wait for a reply from KerryG (a reply I doubt we will ever see) here is an interesting post that suggests the future con game of John M. La Tourrette: http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=47659&page=25. In post #248 the poster says "I will be very surprised if we don't see a Born Again Christian Faith Healing period of his life soon". Very interesting idea, and very likely true. It would provide a path to bilk mainstream religion people after he washes up with his Huna and Energy Healing rip offs.

Dear Sir:

Have you spoken with La Tourrette, attended one of his seminars or studied his DVDs?

Quote Originally Posted by asdf10997
    Dear Sir:

Have you spoken with La Tourrette, attended one of his seminars or studied his DVDs?
    You mean, is someone on here stupid enough or sucker enough to spend thousands of dollars on John M. La Tourrette seminars or DVD's? Gee,....how about, no, NOT. How about you? Are you that gullible? Hope not, for your own sake. Why not just go withdraw a few thousand bucks from the bank, buy a shredder, and shred the money? At least the huckster won't get your money!

Do you really need to get bit by a rattlesnake to know it going to be a very bad experience? Same with bad people like John M. La Tourrette. When you see a snake, grab your wallet tight, and run like hell in the opposite direction!

Personally, when I find someone as full of themselves as John M. La Tourrette, I refuse to speak or listen to anything they say. A man like that who exudes nothing but arrogance and acts like he thinks he knows more than anyone else is someone to be avoided in the first place. Usually, people like this have huge insecurities that are compensated for by taking advantage of other people who are gullible enough to believe in them and become victims.
    Last edited by tungison; 06-02-2007 at 07:13 AM.

I know someone with a serious mental illness who has been brainwashed into thinking La Tourette is the closest thing to God here on earth. He has given the bastard $100,000.00 and flies to Oregon from Australia for his seminars at least once a year. These trips are leaving him destitute and he keeps paying rent and not buying somewhere to live because he has to give money to La Tourette to learn how to secretly control people's minds etc. In fact... when caught speeding this person tried to "psychically influence" the judge. It was very sad.

I know another person who La Tourette told to "stop taking his medication" because he was "cured". The guy is now dead.

The bastard has to be stopped. The only thing he is genuinely good at is marketing to desperate people. It is just awful. He would be closed down in Australia. Guaranteed.