+ Reply to Thread

Adova health-beware

Adova health and Design Savers Plan are both sellin plans that do not seem to exist.I was never able to get a copy of the hospital indemnity part of the member benefits package.When I called I was told that I already recieved all the material they plan to send out and don't call again.I know for a fact that they are being investigated by the state of California and even the state has been unable to get a copy of their plan.
    When I put in a claim they simply stopped billing my credit card for the premiums and lapsed the policy.
    Both companies are associated with the Family Security Council.If you see that name on any web site stay clear.THere are just to many otions out there to do business with a dishonest one.

Re: Adova health-beware

I have been a member of the Adova Healthcare Association for a little over a year now. I can honestly say that I have not experienced any difficulties with my healthcare plan. Due to my pre-existing conditions it was literally impossible for me to get some health insurance. The companies that would qualify me I could'nt afford their rates. The healthcare plan is not a major medical but when it came down to me getting healthcare coverage they approved my application with no health questions asked, I dont have that high deductible to meet before I can submit a claim, I'm using the doctor's that are inside of the network and this healthcare plan is working for me and I would recommend this healthcare plan to anyone that can not afford traditional insurance with pre-existing conditions.

I purchased this health plan from advova in Feb 06 via the phone since my COBRA Benefits expired. They never explained on the phone that the plan was not an insurance plan. The plan pays $25.00 for office visits. I went to the doctor on 1 Jun 06, paid $70.00 and faxed my receipt to their Atlanta Office. I have never received reimbursment for this claim despite several phone calls and faxes. I paid $109.95 for 6 months in addition to a $100.00 association fee.
    I could find only one family medicine provider in the local area to accept this plan so went to my regular physician.
    I have never received an explanation of benefits from adova.
    They will send a you handbook which upon close examination shows how much their plan is horrible. They can't even payout $25. Thank God I never got serously ill.

Thanks for the info, I just was contacted too by Garland Beasley at 888-328-2552 ext 22. At first I said okay them I wanted to run a internet review search on product and they told me buy now or no deal. Does not sound good!
    If the product is good they could have sold me at a later time. 2-15-2007

I used my Adova Health Plan for the first time today to see an opthamologist, who they had pre-approved. I was told that I had cataracts. Adova says that although they cover Glaucoma, the do not cover Cataracts. Can that be legal? :confused:

This company has caused me the biggest head ache and has almost brought me to tears in so many situations. Thank GOD for Scam.com. I found out through googling "Adova health" and this forum came up! From now on when I buy any kind of service similar to this, I will be looking on this site! What ever you do, DO NOT BUY THIS INSURANCE. The company will lie to you through their teeth. They never can seem to answer any questions straight forward, because it is a SCAM! Also, have you ever experienced eternal hold? Just call their phone number 866-470-4959.

Really, if I had the time, I would start a lawsuit against them.
    Last edited by Amytritschler; 04-27-2007 at 02:45 AM.

Design Savers Plan AKA Family Security Council

Design Savers Plan is a huge SCAM. The company did not give me all of the accurate info. about the insurance I would be receiving. When you talk to them they avoid questions, change the subject, etc.. I finally got them to agree to give me my 530.00 back. 332.50 for enrollment and then after I did not sign up they charged me for the next month. 197.50. I have spoken to many people that work their explaining my situation. I fianally faxed them the rude email conversation that I had with the enrollment dept. when after I researched this co. I decided i did not want to enroll. The enrollment dept. had the guts to ask me if I enjoyed "bending over" for my insurance co. that I currently have!!!! Now, I sit and wait for my check.....they are not sure when it will be mailed to me. I told them I would be contacting a lawyer since they actually commited theft by going into my bank account and taking out the next months fee when I refused over and over to signing up!! Do not sign up with this Company. Another name they use is Beech Steet. /so watch out for that!! I asked the gal today when calling again about my refund (I call every day) if the refund would take a year, she said it shouldn't
    SCARY!!

Re: Design Savers Plan AKA Family Security Council

Quote Originally Posted by current1
    Design Savers Plan is a huge SCAM. The company did not give me all of the accurate info. about the insurance I would be receiving. When you talk to them they avoid questions, change the subject, etc.. I finally got them to agree to give me my 530.00 back. 332.50 for enrollment and then after I did not sign up they charged me for the next month. 197.50. I have spoken to many people that work their explaining my situation. I fianally faxed them the rude email conversation that I had with the enrollment dept. when after I researched this co. I decided i did not want to enroll. The enrollment dept. had the guts to ask me if I enjoyed "bending over" for my insurance co. that I currently have!!!! Now, I sit and wait for my check.....they are not sure when it will be mailed to me. I told them I would be contacting a lawyer since they actually commited theft by going into my bank account and taking out the next months fee when I refused over and over to signing up!! Do not sign up with this Company. Another name they use is Beech Steet. /so watch out for that!! I asked the gal today when calling again about my refund (I call every day) if the refund would take a year, she said it shouldn't
    SCARY!!
    My situation is similar. I stayed enrolled for 4 months, faxed in 6 medical claims, 1 dental claim and 4 prescription claims. I only ever recieved 2 checks, 1 medical and 1 dental. Or at least I think it was the dental claim. My name was misspelled on the check and the stub made no reference as to what the check was for or covered. I do know they still owe me for 5 medical visits/claims and whatever coverage I had for prescription, supposedly the difference between what I paid and what their price would be. Every time I called I got an excuse as to why I haven't received any more checks, they've changed medical companies, they are back logged, their computer is down, they can't get any info to give me... BBB contacted them for my case and they never responded. Next I contacted the State of Georgia Consumer Affairs. They started looking into it, contacted me for more info which I provided and that's the last I have heard from them.

Bottom line, if you are checking into Adova before joining, my suggestion would be to save your time, money and frustration and look elsewhere.