+ Reply to Thread

nowwhat Guest

Federal Law; No More Internet Slander

http://ezinearticles.com/?Federal-La...nder&id=125832

In a Bill signed into law this week it prohibits using a false identity to otherwise annoy, slander, libel or harass anyone on the Internet. Some who are posters on Blogs decry this because they say that that it is a violation of free speech, unfair and it should not be a Federal Crime.

Indeed interesting comments. Yet chances are we have all be slandered and libeled on the Internet by vindictive, nut cases. If we own companies, we have had competitors do this. Most often someone will make up something and make a fake name and try to destroy your brand name, personal integrity out of jealousy, competitiveness or simply spite.

If such slanderous attacks and libel were to be stopped all at once, we could have better quality communication and maybe people would not be so fast to attack someone if they knew it could be traced back to them? The Internet is the greatest communication device in the history of the human endeavor, we need to protect its integrity, so people should use their true identity, especially if they wish to slam another or libel them. Think how upset you were last time someone attacked you?

What if they didn't wouldn't that have the best for all concerned? So if it makes people think twice, it could turn out to be a very good law. I know why the law was created, because politicians would get attacked via slander comments from opposition, no wonder they all voted for it? They are tired of being attacked. So, that abuse now is coming back on those who falsify their identity only to slander, annoy or libel. So, anyway, some flipside comments for the debate here. Think on this in 2006.

Lance Winslow, a retired entrepreneur, adventurer, modern day philosopher and perpetual tourist.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lance_Winslow

What are all the people on SCAM going to do? We we get in trouble now? :confused:

Re: Federal Law; No More Internet Slander

I would just slightly change wording of my comments. For example, we know that HYIPs are scam, so instead of picking on one of them I will mention that all HYIPs are scam. The same goes for typing programs, investment seminars and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by nowwhat
    http://ezinearticles.com/?Federal-La...nder&id=125832

In a Bill signed into law this week it prohibits using a false identity to otherwise annoy, slander, libel or harass anyone on the Internet. Some who are posters on Blogs decry this because they say that that it is a violation of free speech, unfair and it should not be a Federal Crime.

Indeed interesting comments. Yet chances are we have all be slandered and libeled on the Internet by vindictive, nut cases. If we own companies, we have had competitors do this. Most often someone will make up something and make a fake name and try to destroy your brand name, personal integrity out of jealousy, competitiveness or simply spite.

If such slanderous attacks and libel were to be stopped all at once, we could have better quality communication and maybe people would not be so fast to attack someone if they knew it could be traced back to them? The Internet is the greatest communication device in the history of the human endeavor, we need to protect its integrity, so people should use their true identity, especially if they wish to slam another or libel them. Think how upset you were last time someone attacked you?

What if they didn't wouldn't that have the best for all concerned? So if it makes people think twice, it could turn out to be a very good law. I know why the law was created, because politicians would get attacked via slander comments from opposition, no wonder they all voted for it? They are tired of being attacked. So, that abuse now is coming back on those who falsify their identity only to slander, annoy or libel. So, anyway, some flipside comments for the debate here. Think on this in 2006.

Lance Winslow, a retired entrepreneur, adventurer, modern day philosopher and perpetual tourist.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lance_Winslow

What are all the people on SCAM going to do? We we get in trouble now? :confused:

Oh I see Lance! But it's ok for these horsecrap so called WORK AT HOME make 10k a month working 10 hours a week blah blah to scam innocent victims on the net! All those HYIP's Pyramid, RECRUIT RECRUIT RECRUIT that continue to make false promises are scams whether you disagree or not.

Just remember! If an ad is posted on the net or anywhere for that matter that continues to promise people they will be wealthy following simple steps is FALSE ADVERTISING!!!! And let's not forget the crappy fees they charge before they give out any info! The nut cases are the scammers that prey on innocent people's bank account!

It get's really old!

Are we talking about this Lance Winslow who did quite a job on his franchisees?

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2000/08/car-wash.htm

Quote Originally Posted by borisf96
    Are we talking about this Lance Winslow who did quite a job on his franchisees?

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2000/08/car-wash.htm

Which is why he wants to vomit on a scam prevention forum.

The best defense against slander (and libel) is the truth, I had been writing so much about how EXPEDIA (yeah, dot coooooooooooom!!!) tried to scam me ( I even have a website). Soon, even the hobbits will know about it. I also gave EXPEDIA the opportunity (many times) to tell me if something I wrote there was not true. EXPEDIA never responded. That is like giving me "license to badmotuh". So, I will continue to alert people about my horrible experience with them and how I recovered 1,254.95 USD EXPEDIA tried to steal from my credit card.
    Scam.com is a great site. I hope those "legitimate companies" that are scamming people don't turn it down.

So, because of this bill- called "The Lance Winslow Stop Pickin' On Me" law- I would be civilly liable if I were to refer to Lance Winslow as a squirrel molesting schmendrick?

Funny, the doctor doesn't recall reading anywhere else about this here law, except in the article by Lance Winslow on the all-comers Blaargh-spot EzineArticles.

nowwhat Guest

Expedia doesnt even know you exsist, go outside and enjoy the light you bunch of freaks, SCAM.COM is going down! You bunch of pimple faced virgins are getting zapped with bug spray like the cock roaches you are.

nowwhat Guest

dr poor mouth are you a public idiot or do you just like the world to think you are dumb, get your facts straight when messing with me, I will expose this board and each one of you for the liers you are, You leave more then enough evidence to back track yourselves, plus my company will get your ip's so if you are smart I would go back to spraying graffitti in your neighborhood, cause nowwhat is here to shut you down like chinatown!

http://www.medialaw.org/Template.cfm...ContentID=4463

LIBEL AND RELATED LAWSUITS AGAINST BLOGGERS

Compiled by MLRC Staff Attorney Eric P. Robinson

Last Update: October 3, 2006

This list, which is an outgrowth of the Pre-Dinner Symposium on Blogging held on Nov. 9, 2005, includes legal cases that MLRC is aware of in which bloggers have been sued for libel and related claims, including two cases against bloggers that have gone to trial and resulted in a liability verdict. It also includes criminal cases against bloggers in Ohio.

Note that this list includes only cases that were actually filed in a United States court; threats to file lawsuits are not included. This list does not include lawsuits outside of the United States.

The list is also limited to cases based on the content of blogs, which leads to the question, what is a blog? While various commentators have different answers, for our purposes a blog is a web site that is created by and features periodic postings (comments, links, etc.) by an individual or a small group of contributors, usually on a specific topic or theme. Blogs differ from forums, which are generally maintained by an operator who generally does not regularly contribute material to the site, but maintains and edits a forum that is open to postings from anyone. (If the person or people contributing material is also the editor(s), it is more likely a blog than a forum. For more on this distinction, see wikipedia.) The timing of updates can vary, but must not be so infrequent that the site is more properly classified as a static web site. Admittedly, this definition leads to a sort of “you know it when you see it” quality. But given the shifting nature of the web technology and its uses, this is simply the best we’ve been able to come up with for now.

Cases are listed by forum jurisdiction.

Other sources:

Committee to Protect Bloggers
    Electronic Frontier Foundation
    Media Bloggers Association

California: Apple Computer, Inc. v. DePlume, No. 05-CV-33341 (Cal. Super. Santa Clara County filed Jan. 4, 2005)
    In addition to the Doe case below, Apple is also pursuing a separate lawsuit in California against the 19-year-old operator of the Boston-based website "Think Secret" (www.thinksecret.com) and various anonymous entities for allegedly publishing trade secrets on that website.
    http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,66213,00.html
    http://www.zeropaid.com/news/4970/Teen+Sued+For+Disclosing+Apple's+Secrets
    Case docket: http://www.sccaseinfo.org/pa5.asp?fu...1-05-CV-033341

California: Apple Computer, Inc. v. Doe , No. 1-04-CV-032178 (Cal. Super. Mar. 11, 2005), rev’d sub. nom. O'Grady, et al. v. Superior Court of Santa Clara County , Case No. H028579 (Cal. App. 6th Dist. May 26, 2006).
    In Dec. 2004, Apple Computer, Inc., filed suit against numerous unknown entities in connection with the leak of confidential information prior to the release of an Apple product codenamed "Asteroid." The information, which Apple claims are trade secrets, was posted on a number of websites, including AppleInsider (www.appleinsider.com) and PowerPage (www.powerpage.org). In the course of discovery, Apple subpoenaed Nfox, the e-mail service provider for PowerPage, seeking e-mail messages that could identify the source(s) of the leaked information.
    The trial court ruled that Apple is entitled to subpoena an e-mail provider to try and identify the source(s), but declined to determine whether the bloggers qualified as journalists under the California shield law. But the Court of Appeals reversed, holding that bloggers and webmasters have the same protections against divulging confidential sources as tradional media. In July 2006, Apple announced hat it would not appeal the ruling.
    http://www.eff.org/Censorship/Apple_v_Does/
    Cal. App. decision at http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/opinions...ts/H028579.PDF

Expedia doesnt even know you exsist, go outside and enjoy the light you bunch of freaks, SCAM.COM is going down! You bunch of pimple faced virgins are getting zapped with bug spray like the cock roaches you are.

You just can't stand the fact that scam.com is loaded with winners and innocent victims who have no problem standing up for what we believe in.

The real "cock roaches" are for the term SCAMMERS and a miserable punk like yourself. You need to get back to your circle jerk pathetic scamming friends and jump in a cactus patch. You gotta lotta nerve coming to this forum making threats about scam.com going down. Got bad news for you kid, it will never happen.

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Unlucky36
    You just can't stand the fact that scam.com is loaded with winners and innocent victims who have no problem standing up for what we believe in.

The real "cock roaches" are for the term SCAMMERS and a miserable punk like yourself. You need to get back to your circle jerk pathetic scamming friends and jump in a cactus patch. You gotta lotta nerve coming to this forum making threats about scam.com going down. Got bad news for you kid, it will never happen.

He/she might be one of those disgruntled scam2.com owners whose site closed down recently.

Karma making a full circle, if you ask me. ;)

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    He/she might be one of those disgruntled scam2.com owners whose site closed down recently.

Karma making a full circle, if you ask me. ;)

Lady Mod
    Sojustask it would not surprise me one bit. It's amazing how vindictive SCAMMERS can be when they don't get their way.

All I can say is Jesus save our planet. :eek:

This guy is really getting on my nerves. How many times is he going to post the same thing? What is his problem anyway? Did someone put him on blast on this site? Must be a scammer. Otherwise he wouldn't be so and bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmadgirl
    This guy is really getting on my nerves. How many times is he going to post the same thing? What is his problem anyway? Did someone put him on blast on this site? Must be a scammer. Otherwise he wouldn't be so and bitter.
    He's a scammer who is not very successful with his scam. So therefore he comes to the forum to make even more of an ass of himself :rolleyes:

Expedia doesnt even know you exsist, ......

Ahhh, EXPEDIA knows perfectly well who I am. Like other scammers they don't want people to know how they are scamming customers. Are you a friend of them? Why are you so mad??? Is scam.com jeopardizing your scam? Tell me , tell me please......