+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: complications

wiffla is offline the world as we think we know it User Rank

goverment religion

as a christian it will some what hurt me to post this thread but i would like to see the feed back i recieve on this point i came across whilst considering the in and outs of god and what it all means and why he chose that certain time to thankfully send jesus, i looked alittle deeper after this point popped into my head and have found a fair few things out there that conply with regretfull doubt.
    i considerd the idea that religion was wasnt what it seemed, living in the world that do it will be easy for you to understand why, i dont mean the things we regetfully have almost come to take as the norm such as war and poverty i mean a world where so much infomation is at the touch of a button.
    this is what enterd my head and as i say research the the idea and gatherd up what others think, the church worked close with established people of sociaty and people of authority, goverment if you will, the idea is that maybe the bible or religion was dicktated to the church,(10 commandments), in order for the goverment or authority to gain controll on a large scale, with no other large source of imfomation past on to the average joe of that time and belief being what they once was the churches oppinon would be ammeadiatly put in to action,(do this and go to heaven, do this and go to hell), you see where im coming from.
    my reasons for why it has now changed is due to the fact of t.v, internet and global news people are now free to access what they like and some what see the other side of the coin.
    although i personaly havent taken these views on bord like i say i would like to see others oppinions on this matter.
    yours thankfully with gods warmth wiffla

Re: goverment religion

Hi Wiffla... welcome to the zoo *lol*

You seem to have described the Middle Ages pretty accurately. The Roman Catholic Church ruled the roost pretty well at that time. I understand where you're coming from... when Rome collapsed some form of authority was necessary for Western Europe and the church was in place, set-up and running. It was a simple matter for them to step in and fill the 'authority void'.
    Of course, this set the stage for the Crusades and other religious wars... not to mention the Inquisition and various and sundry witch-hunts, heretic burnings, etc... I think Martin Luther was a pretty lucky SOB *lol*

What is it you're looking for? Justification for a state sponsored church... a return to the Middle Ages??? Perhaps organized religion as a unifying force in the event of the collapse of secular government(s)???

abit of it all realy, i just take on bord the fact that there is alot of questions without any answers on a whole range of subjects so i always like to look into a catagory that interests me and here the views of people like yourself.
    on a religious side i would like some of the comfort i once had to be restored, but answers is where my curiosity lies.
    thankyou for your reply paul and your welcome greatly appreciated and fully took on bord thanks again.
    wiffla

Quote Originally Posted by wiffla
    abit of it all realy, i just take on bord the fact that there is alot of questions without any answers on a whole range of subjects so i always like to look into a catagory that interests me and here the views of people like yourself.
    on a religious side i would like some of the comfort i once had to be restored, but answers is where my curiosity lies.
    thankyou for your reply paul and your welcome greatly appreciated and fully took on bord thanks again.
    wiffla
    You're right... there is a lot on this board that can be interesting & you'll get as many answers as there are stars in the sky.

... i would like some of the comfort i once had to be restored...
    You don't ask for much... do ya. Just kidding around :) That's a very serious statement. All I can say is to put your faith to work on a personal level... you cannot receive until you first give.

complications

this world we live in is full of complications what with global warming, obeastaty, war and cancers so why is this. i think its pretty fair to say one way or another we all fit in to some kind of master plan, and with every plan like a good story there is a begining a middle and an end, well thats just it, an end is enevatable dosent realy matter how.
    everythink that has ever lived on this planet has moved on sometime one way or the next, we are just just renting the plannet and soon enough our lease will be up.
    it can be argued till everyone is blue in the face how it all began, its almost laffable that somepeople use their energy that way instead of forming together and looking forward at our survival.
    we live in a new world on some levels we are now living longer which is always good and we are learning more as a race every day, but at the same time is this not whats bringing the world, our world and existance, to a gradual end.
    the world puts convinence first and i am as guilty as the rest, this needless to say does have benifits not just that we live a little more comfortable for our short period of time but that large companys gain profit.
    now this is gods plan that we are eventualy to move on maybe a new race is to succeed us doesnt realy matter what im asking is should we be fighting it, or start rather, if this is gods plan who are we to takle it, maybe acception should be our final step

brittish muslims

here in england we have had alot of news features about muslim women wearing the vale, the media have taken it all out of context and has quoted alot of calls for it to be removed neadless to say causing uproar amongst the the muslim community.
    it was first made public by the media after Jack Straw announced he often asked muslim women to remove it when he faced with them in one-to-ones, it all spiraled out of controle after that, of course the media spun it the way they wanted to with a headline of "Jack Straw demands muslims to remove vail". now people have argued it is there right to follow the path they choose aslong as they are not forced to wear it, to wich i agree to an extent.
    many issues have arose over the years on this subject such as muslim women sitting exams wearing a vale and it isnt realy them under it, so surly a female can be present to follow the correct procedures and identify.
    the concept of my post is, is the vale another attack on the muslim community, is this political correctness again being pushed forward, is this a childish way for the goverment to show muslims that they are on there side aswell or is the vale all together a mark of SEPERATION, somthing the United Kingdom isnt to stand for.
    i urge your replies and thoughts.
    wiffla

Re: brittish muslims

Lame attempt to get voters from the "right" on his side and get some free publicity at the same time.

You don't need to wear a vale to cheat on exams.

Next week he will suggest all Asians have numbers tattoo on there arms because they all look the same and can cheat on exams.

The guys a *****

8. 10-25-2006, 06:14 PM

Next week he will suggest all Asians have numbers tattoo on there arms because they all look the same and can cheat on exams.

The guys a *****
    Jack Straw never made that claim, what i ment was this issue has been brought up previously. Jack Straws comment was probley taken out of context he likes to talk face to face and when he said so the media put a spin on it and now it has grew into a large topic.
    what do you feel will come of it, do you feel this is an attack on the muslim community or any of the other views i posted.
    many have come forward and stated that they feel this is a form of seperation.
    i saw on the news some europion countries have band the vale, is that a breach of human rights, or is it human rights laws in practice[/QUOTE]

tony_jenn Guest

allah is not the same as Jehovah the God of Israel and born-christians:history proves that before islam came into existance...the sabeans in arabia worshiped the moon god...who married the sun goddess, who gAve birth to three goddesses. they were called al-lat, al-uzza, and manat. they later became idols...and were worshiped throughout that part of the world as the "daughters of allah" my friends, the moon god is allah. he was just one of 360 idols in the kabah (islams holy house of god) in mecca. the cresent moon is everywhere in islam, even ramadan begins and ends with the cresent moon. muhammed chose the moon god allah to control the world, and decieved millions. in the 1950s a major temple to the moon god was excavated @ hazor in palenstine. two idols were found, proving allah was a pre-islamic pagan diety. their is a real God in Heaven that loves all the peoples of the world, God the Father,Jehovah, who sent his only son Jesus to die for all the worlds sins, so that whoever believed in him will not perish but be guaranteed to go to Heaven and spend eternity with our God. Jesus said " I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." if we confess our sins and accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we become children of God.then you must be baptised of the water as well. Jesus lives in our hearts in the form of the Holy Spirit and guides us through life and teaches us Gods word, the Holy Bible KJV

to Tony....Wow what a fool you are

to wiffla...I think Mr straw was right, but i also think to try and force people a breach of human rights.

to tony- thanks for your reply you havent realy answerd my question tho.

to wazza- yeah i agree completley. a point was brought up in debate last night that it would not be exceptable for someone to walk into a bank or any building for that matter with a ballaclava on or even a hooded jumper with hood up so is it o.k for muslim females to completley cover their face. a long winded argument i know but with a small point i feel.
    is it not disrespectfull to the person to wich they are communicating with, not been able to assess there face, with expressions accounting for 86% of communication.
    the main basis of the argument or debate now is that it is a form of seperation as i mentioned earlier does anyone agree.

religiuos schools

how do you feel about cathlic schoolsbeen told they will have to take children from other religions.
    does that not completley rule out the point of why parents are sending there children to such a school, if it was put into action would that not be the end of schools of its type, surly the next step would be them then asking them to cater for all religions witch is obviousley not the principle of the school.
    school officials do not want it needless to say, they argue that if that was the case then they would have to reject cathlic families to accept other religious beliefs in to there schools.
    from what i have herd it has almost certainly been renounced but i would like to here what you all thought in the subject i personally feel it is rediculas and insulting to alomst tell the schools they may have to accept this.

Re: religiuos schools

I'm wondering what's the big deal here. I attended Catholic schools from the 4th grade through H.S. graduation and we had many non-Catholic children, Protestant and Jewish. There was a Religion Class held every day for every grade level which a non-Catholic could participate in or not -- it was not obligatory.

tony_jenn Guest

madrasas breed terrorist and none should be allowed in the usa or europe, otherwise we are facilitating terrorism in our countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony_jenn Guest

islam teches hate for anyone who is not islamic, therefore all madrasas are basically training and brainwashing future terrorist!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony_jenn
    madrasas breed terrorist and none should be allowed in the usa or europe, otherwise we are facilitating terrorism in our countries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HUH???????