+ Reply to Thread

New Start Co. Scam or not??

I recevied a flyers/letter in the mail from a company by the name of New Start Co. seeking Home Mailing Associates.

they promise to pay $8.74 for each letter, there's no advertising, no posting of anything on bulletin boards, no handing out or distribution of letters. No personal selling and no computer needed. they ship all the envelopes all the promotional letters and all the customer mailing labels. They have five different earning groups to choose from. and the supply packages are sent to you based on which ever group you belong to.

Paychecks are mailed out weekly, and they say they have 24 hour personal associate support service. there's a lot of information on both flyers and a letter attached written by the director of the company by the name of April. they also enclosed an application.

This sounds like it would be ideal for me as i am currently desperatly needing an at home stuffing enevolope job. but i'm very skeptical because i have no knowledge about these sort of companys. like many people i work a regular job and never even thought about this before.

The only phone number they provide on the information is 1-800-655-7016 i called and it's only a information hot line with a recording talking more about the company. I searched thier address which is New Start, Payment Divison P.O. Box 474 Grants Pass,OR 97528 in yahoo directory but i didn't come up with anything.

they ask a one time computer processing fee and each earning group has it's own. then there's a $20.00 shipping and handling charge. all of this according to the company is refundable, they gaurantee it.

Apparently this company's been aroung since 2003. I myself have never heard of them so i was wondering if anyone here has?. i'm new to this board actually stumbled accross it by accident so i thought surely this was the place to ask. if someone could help me i'd be so grateful. i need to move quickly because according to the letter this offer is limited and as soon as they get the amount of associates they need they will withdraw it immediately.
    Last edited by Summersend; 10-09-2006 at 04:35 PM.

Re: New Start Co. Scam or not??

Seems to be another version of the envelope stuffing scam

Is this a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Summersend
    I recevied a flyers/letter in the mail from a company by the name of New Start Co. seeking Home Mailing Associates.

they promise to pay $8.74 for each letter, there's no advertising, no posting of anything on bulletin boards, no handing out or distribution of letters. No personal selling and no computer needed. they ship all the envelopes all the promotional letters and all the customer mailing labels. They have five different earning groups to choose from. and the supply packages are sent to you based on which ever group you belong to.

Paychecks are mailed out weekly, and they say they have 24 hour personal associate support service. there's a lot of information on both flyers and a letter attached written by the director of the company by the name of April. they also enclosed an application.

This sounds like it would be ideal for me as i am currently desperatly needing an at home stuffing enevolope job. but i'm very skeptical because i have no knowledge about these sort of companys. like many people i work a regular job and never even thought about this before.

The only phone number they provide on the information is 1-800-655-7016 i called and it's only a information hot line with a recording talking more about the company. I searched thier address which is New Start, Payment Divison P.O. Box 474 Grants Pass,OR 97528 in yahoo directory but i didn't come up with anything.

they ask a one time computer processing fee and each earning group has it's own. then there's a $20.00 shipping and handling charge. all of this according to the company is refundable, they gaurantee it.

Apparently this company's been aroung since 2003. I myself have never heard of them so i was wondering if anyone here has?. i'm new to this board actually stumbled accross it by accident so i thought surely this was the place to ask. if someone could help me i'd be so grateful. i need to move quickly because according to the letter this offer is limited and as soon as they get the amount of associates they need they will withdraw it immediately.

"Is this a joke?"

No it's not. that comment if you meant it how i think you did was totally uncalled for. why you'd even say that is beyond me so i won't waste my time in asking. i'm a first time poster who just looking for help. i suppose i'll just have to look for it else where.

And thank you PCWork for your response. I contacted the Better Buisness Bureau today about them and they don't seem legit. they really did seem like they would be because i've seen scams before. any way it's learning expierence. i'll just have to keep looking. :)
    Last edited by Summersend; 10-10-2006 at 12:20 AM.

Summersend the quote by Scambuster: "Is this a joke?"

He's allowed to say that. He's the Moderator :D

I know that. but it seemed like it was a personal attack and not so much a comment about the company information. and i mentioned i am new here so i don't know how people are here. didn't mean to stir up trouble.

I know that. but it seemed like it was a personal attack and not so much a comment about the company information. and i mentioned i am new here so i don't know how people are here. didn't mean to stir up trouble.

He is implying that you are naive. That this kind of scam was discussed on this board hundreds of times. And that you should read some threads or use search before posting. Welcome to this board. :p

well, i'm sorry. i skimmed through some things but didn't see what i needed. and again i just don't think that it was neccessery. i could see if i was a long time poster but today's the first day i even knew this site existed!.

i posted just some of the information about the company i recieved it really looked convincing at first. but i got my answers so i'm done. the moderators can deletle my posts.
    Last edited by Summersend; 10-10-2006 at 02:17 AM.

9. 10-10-2006, 01:56 AM

Summersend,

I'm don't take the moderator's comment personally. Many scammers post here like they had no clue and in reality they are trying to promote their own scam. If you faced as many of those as they did, you would be that way too. They're here to try to eliminate as many of those as they can't. It's an unpaying, thankless job.

Glad you got your answers without getting screwed.

Darcy
    My own effort to combat the scams:
    Work from Home Guide.

WFHGuide, Thank you so much for explaining i had no idea about that.

i'm really just here because i want to be educated more on the subject. due to my current situation i need to get an online or mailing assistant job fairly quickly. so, i'm making it a point to read through different topics around here to help me do that and be able to spot scams better.

i've only had one other offer through the mail for stuffing enevelopes and i knew right away that it was bogus. but this one nearly had me convinced. so much so i was ready to do it until i let a friend read the information and she picked out things that i missed. it was so detailed in every way and impressively written that if you didn't read it carefully you would miss the fine print.

I'm so glad i decided spur of the moment to call the Better Buisness Bureau.i was told i could've gotten into real trouble if i had dealt with these people.

and btw my real name's Darcy to! lol i've only met maybe three others in my life. it's a small world. :)
    Last edited by Summersend; 10-10-2006 at 04:55 PM.

WFHGuide, Thank you so much for explaining i had no idea about that.

i'm really just here because i want to be educated more on the subject. due to my current situation i need to get an online or mailing assistant job fairly quickly. so, i'm making it a point to read through different topics around here to help me do that and be able to spot scams better.
    That is good - getting info and becoming aware of all the pitfalls is a Good Thing.

The problem was, in your original posting, that it looked like you were merely parrotting the PR lines of the scammers - I'm glad you stuck around to clarify it all but when I read your posting I assumed that you were jiust one more scammer trying to slip some promotional materials on to this board.

i've only had one other offer through the mail for stuffing enevelopes and i knew right away that it was bogus. but this one nearly had me convinced. so much so i was ready to do it until i let a friend read the information and she picked out things that i missed. it was so detailed in every way and impressively written that if you didn't read it carefully you would miss the fine print.

IMHO the first thing that could have triggered your "BS-O-Meter" should have ben the idea that anyone is going to mail you stuff so you can mail it out. Think about it for a second. If there were such a legitimate mailing company (and there is not) and they had their central location where they have all the stuff to send out and all the mailing lists and labels. IN order to do what this company was lying to you about they would a) Have to employ people to decide how to divide up all the stuff b) employ people to split the stuff up, package it and ship it to you c) employ people to check on your work and d) employ people to pay you. How could this possibly work? They could do it much cheaper just mailing it from themselves!

It just does not make any sense.

And that is a key thing to spotting these scams - if you stop for a minute and just think about them - they do not make sense. Somebody in Russia wants you to take checks from someone in the US and deposit them in your account and then wire the cash overseas? Sounds ridiculous doesn't it? Well check out some of the threads in this forum and you will see how many people have fallen for that.

I'm so glad i decided spur of the moment to call the Better Buisness Bureau.i was told i could've gotten into real trouble if i had dealt with these people.
    I am glad you did - but the BBB can be an iffy source for verifying scams. use your critical thinking abilities, they will stand you in good stead.

and btw my real name's Darcy to! lol i've only met maybe three others in my life. it's a small world. :)
    Don't take this personally but I have a very good friend called Darcy - he is a professional con man. Seriously. Back in the seventies and eighties he spent quite some time in showing me different cons and how they worked. He was always small time, hustling bank tellers to make mistakes and other things like that.

One of his maxims was "don't give the mark a chance to stop and think"
    Last edited by Duck98; 10-10-2006 at 09:24 PM.

" The problem was, in your original posting, that it looked like you were merely parrotting the PR lines of the scammers - I'm glad you stuck around to clarify it all but when I read your posting I assumed that you were jiust one more scammer trying to slip some promotional materials on to this board. "

Oh i completley understand. after re reading it myself i can see how it might look that way. i think it was just the combination of my despiration excitement plus confusion.Thank you so very much for all that information, i would've never even thought of some of that. i'm learning so much already. glad i came here! :)

" Don't take this personally but I have a very good friend called Darcy - he is a professional con man. Seriously. Back in the seventies and eighties he spent quite some time in showing me different cons and how they worked. He was always small time, hustling bank tellers to make mistakes and other things like that.

One of his maxims was "don't give the mark a chance to stop and think" "

Oh no i don't take that personally at all. but when i read that i did let out a great big Yikes! LOL

well, i'm sorry. i skimmed through some things but didn't see what i needed. and again i just don't think that it was neccessery. i could see if i was a long time poster but today's the first day i even knew this site existed!.

i posted just some of the information about the company i recieved it really looked convincing at first. but i got my answers so i'm done. the moderators can deletle my posts.
    When you start a sentence or refer to yourself, press the button on the keyboard that's labeled shift. It's easier for everyone to read. And stick with this forum, a lot of people tell it like is here more than other business forums will allow.

I called them on 1-800-655-7016 and it is simply a recorded voice with absolutely no convincing reason as to why we must subscribe to the program. They assure us of $ 500 daily (LOL) and a minimum assured of $ 500 at the end of the month.

Why would someone want to pay $ 500 (assured) againist our payment of $ 20 shipping and handling charges? There is it....

Guys! Don't fall for it...