+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: Is Jehovah Witness the only true religion???

Terry, I have read this entire thread, mostly because I was bored, I have recently learned about bloggs and whatnot, and thought it might be a good idea to comment here and there to what people say about religion, God, etc. You have done much better than I could have with your research to try and argue the point. But I have also come to the conclusion, that this is probably not the best venue to try and witness to people on, as I'm sure you recall the counsel we recieve regarding, internet chat rooms, forums, etc. I am by no means trying to tell you how to conduct yourself, as I believe each one is led by spirit, in order to reach people, I myself use some unorthodox ways, sometimes. All I can say is, be careful brother. Agape. :)

Quote Originally Posted by jackgouber
    Terry, I have read this entire thread, mostly because I was bored, I have recently learned about bloggs and whatnot, and thought it might be a good idea to comment here and there to what people say about religion, God, etc. You have done much better than I could have with your research to try and argue the point. But I have also come to the conclusion, that this is probably not the best venue to try and witness to people on, as I'm sure you recall the counsel we recieve regarding, internet chat rooms, forums, etc. I am by no means trying to tell you how to conduct yourself, as I believe each one is led by spirit, in order to reach people, I myself use some unorthodox ways, sometimes. All I can say is, be careful brother. Agape. :)
    You are right Jack, thanks for the reminder. I will make this my last post. Thanks all for the discussion bogie and all others.

Quote Originally Posted by terry05_99
    Scriptures dealing with the Alpha and Omega:

Alpha and Omega: To whom does this title properly belong? (1)*At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In verse 11 according to KJ, that title is applied to one whose description thereafter shows him to be Jesus Christ. But scholars recognize the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 11 to be spurious, and so it does not appear in RS, NE, JB, NAB, Dy. (2)*Many translations of Revelation into Hebrew recognize that the one described in verse 8 is Jehovah, and so they restore the personal name of God there. See NW, 1984 Reference edition. (3)*Revelation 21:6,*7 indicates that Christians who are spiritual conquerors are to be ‘sons’ of the one known as the Alpha and the Omega. That is never said of the relationship of spirit-anointed Christians to Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of them as his ‘brothers.’ (Heb. 2:11; Matt. 12:50; 25:40) But those ‘brothers’ of Jesus are referred to as “sons of God.” (Gal. 3:26; 4:6) (4) At Revelation 22:12, TEV inserts the name Jesus, so the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 13 is made to appear to apply to him. But the name Jesus does not appear there in Greek, and other translations do not include it. (5)*At Revelation 22:13, the Alpha and Omega is also said to be “the first and the last,” which expression is applied to Jesus at Revelation 1:17,*18. Similarly, the expression “apostle” is applied both to Jesus Christ and to certain ones of his followers. But that does not prove that they are the same person or are of equal rank, does it? (Heb. 3:1) So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.

Hello Terry, we haven't talked in a while. Lets talk about this again...

Alpha and Omega: To whom does this title properly belong? (1)*At Revelation 1:8, its owner is said to be God, the Almighty. In verse 11 according to KJ, that title is applied to one whose description thereafter shows him to be Jesus Christ. But scholars recognize the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 11 to be spurious, and so it does not appear in RS, NE, JB, NAB, Dy.
    You forgot to include the NAS. Keep in mind that some of these translations are considered weak.

But I think I misunderstand your premise here. Are you saying that the Alpha and Omega and first and last are two different persons? Alpha and Omega means First and Last, and interestingly enough the word Omega is the Omega symbol, it isn't even spelled out completely. In other words its the "end and the last forever."
    Alpha and Omega means first and last forever.

(2)*Many translations of Revelation into Hebrew recognize that the one described in verse 8 is Jehovah, and so they restore the personal name of God there. See NW, 1984 Reference edition.
    Not sure what your premise is here either. Are you saying that the First and Last, Alpha and Omega is Jehovah? I've been saying that all along.

(3)*Revelation 21:6,*7 indicates that Christians who are spiritual conquerors are to be ‘sons’ of the one known as the Alpha and the Omega. That is never said of the relationship of spirit-anointed Christians to Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of them as his ‘brothers.’ (Heb. 2:11; Matt. 12:50; 25:40) But those ‘brothers’ of Jesus are referred to as “sons of God.” (Gal. 3:26; 4:6).
    Not sure what the disconnect is here. I'm both a child of God but scripture also refers me as a brother of Christ, which you pointed out. I'm both of these at the same time, yet doesn't detract from Christ being Jehovah.

Isaiah 9:7 says
    For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
    and the government will rest on His shoulders;
    and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,
    Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace...

There is God the Father, but God the Son also has the title "Eternal Father," yet Christ is distinct from God the Father.
    Christ also has the title Father. That I'm a child of Jehovah and a brother of Christ even though Christ is also referred to as Eternal Father is something I can completely understand, soley because the Holy Spirit helps me understand.

(4) At Revelation 22:12, TEV inserts the name Jesus, so the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 13 is made to appear to apply to him. But the name Jesus does not appear there in Greek, and other translations do not include it.
    No problem here, we agree on this. But what about the other verses that I gave you?

(5)*At Revelation 22:13, the Alpha and Omega is also said to be “the first and the last,” which expression is applied to Jesus at Revelation 1:17,*18. Similarly, the expression “apostle” is applied both to Jesus Christ and to certain ones of his followers. But that does not prove that they are the same person or are of equal rank, does it? (Heb. 3:1) So the evidence points to the conclusion that the title “Alpha and Omega” applies to Almighty God, the Father, not to the Son.
    The word 'Apostle' means 'sent one' or messenger. The word 'Angel' actually means the same thing. Symmantically speaking, anyone can be an apostle or angel, for, say a company, if they're an ambassador of that company sent to, say, China.

This word Apostle, and Angel, can also apply to God Himself. God the Son was sent by God the Father, which technically means He's a messenger, an ambassador, a 'sent one.'

That Christ is God the Son, an Apostle, an Angel of the Lord, Eternal Father...none of these contradict.

Christ is Captain of the army of Hosts, as in the book of Joshua. But as I said earlier, Isaiah 44:6 says :

"Thus says the LORD (Jehovah), the King of Israel,
    and His Redeemer, the LORD (Jehovah) of hosts:
    'I am the First and the Last, and there is no God besides Me."

So...what we have here are two Jehovah's saying they're one God??

Jehovah Witnesses are the biggest lying murding whores to walk the face of this Earth for these Reasons:

1) Jehovah Witnesses predicted the end of the world 17 times in the 20th Century. They used this lie to steal peoples time, money, love lives, family, friends, careers, education. And when the world didn't end when they said it would, they invented more lies to explain away those previous lies. They are just a pile of lies, built on a Mountain of iies built on a foundation of lies.

2) They are whores because they pretend to love everyone and everything, but spend every waking moment in their meetins exploiting the imperfections and unchristian like connections to build up a hatred for everyone, everything and especially all other Christian Religions.

3) Jehovah Witnesses are constantly being taught that honor killings are based on holy scriptures and are to be practiced in real life. This is why FBI reports show the murder rate amongst Jehovah Witnesses are 28 times higher than it is for none Jehovah Witnesses.

4) Jehovah Witnesses are taught to offer up human sacrifices, especially their own family members. By denying them blood transfusions, organ transplants and most medical procedures that require blood or body parts from someone else or animal.