+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watkins Company

Watkins Company

Has anyone had any contact with the Watkins Company. I have had some contact by e-mail and recieved imformation on thier sales package to become an associate. Included with this package the sales pitch was to recieve the best product discount you have to sign up 2 other accociates. This began to sound like a pyamid program. Any information would be appreciated.
    casey_arm

Re: Watkins Company

Quote Originally Posted by casey_arm
    Has anyone had any contact with the Watkins Company. I have had some contact by e-mail and recieved imformation on thier sales package to become an associate. Included with this package the sales pitch was to recieve the best product discount you have to sign up 2 other accociates. This began to sound like a pyamid program. Any information would be appreciated.
    casey_arm
    Watkins Incorporated

The company was founded by J. R. Watkins in Plainview, Minnesota, who began selling liniment in 1868 by traveling to homes in the southeastern part of the state. The company moved to Winona in 1885 and added a number of products to its lineup. Baking materials including pepper and vanilla extract were added in 1895. J. R. Watkins died in 1911.

By the 1940s, Watkins was the largest direct-sales company in the world, but it soon began to decline. The demographics and buying habits of the United States went through major shifts in the following decades, and the company was unable to keep pace. Watkins filed for bankruptcy protection in the 1970s, and was purchased by Minneapolis investor Irwin L. Jacobs in 1978. Despite an infusion of cash, the company's status has remained somewhat shaky.

In 1996, Jacobs' son Mark Evan Jacobs began to take over day-to-day operations of the company. He was 14 at the time his father purchased the company, and had worked as a Watkins salesman for many years. The younger Jacobs was also an aspiring actor, having appeared in minor roles in films like Biloxi Blues and Goodfellas, but he realized that his acting career wasn't going very far. Since taking over the reins, he has tried to cut back on spending, and has led the introduction of products onto store shelves for the first time in about 25 years (an early try in the late 1970s was met with failure). Wal-Mart has carried about 20 Watkins products since 2003, and other nationwide stores are beginning to carry items from the catalog as well.
    Well gee, this is a troubled company and has been for years. Beyond that somehow I don't think buying into Watkins program and competing with Walmart would be something that would interest me.

I have been a Watkins IBO for 5 years. I have found them to be a safe, reliable, and fair company.

When many people hear the Watkins name the first thing they say is "I remember the Watkins man coming out to the farm" or "I remember my grandma using Watkins vanilla."

At present, Watkins is running a brand awareness program by allowing a very limited number of stores to sell a very limited number of products. The is intended to put the Watkins name in front of the younger generation who might not be as familiar with the Watkins name.

When I was looking for a home business I had several criteria.
    I wanted a business I could run from home (I am home bound because of health and can't do home parties).
    I wanted good internet support (I believe what we have is second to none).
    I wanted a company where people would recognize the name.
    I didn't want to be associated with a company that sold junk.

Watkins has a very good compensation plan. I can post more details about that if anybody cares to know them.

As you noted, there are a couple of specials for new associates in January. These special offers are great for the right person. It is my feeling that the best option for most people is the $60 starter kit option.

Did you recieve the Watkins information from a member of the "Summit Group," Casey. If so, they are the best group in Watkins. I encourage you to talk more with that associate.

If they aren't connected to the Summit Group, or if for some reason you aren't comfortable with that associate, please contact me. I will be happy to help you better understand the Watkins Business Opportunity.
    Do not do it again.

My grandmother sold Watkins for 30 + years. They have stood the test of time. Thats for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishyouknew
    My grandmother sold Watkins for 30 + years. They have stood the test of time. Thats for sure!
    ]
    Its really sort of amazing. As much as things at Watkins have changed, the important things have remained the same. Good products and great people!
    Do not do it again.

Watkins (Summit Group)

Does anyone here sell Watkins products. Wondering if the Summit Group is a pyramid type scheme of selling. Can you really make money selling Watkins. Just interested if anyone here knows anything about this.

Re: Watkins (Summit Group)

There was some one on the board w/ watkins as part of their names and I PM'ed them asking about watkins because I got some great smelling body wash as a watkins party a co-worker hosted and I want some more, but he never replied.
    You probably could make money selling watkins but it would most definitely take some work to find people interested and then keep them interested to keep coming back and buying more. I never asked my co-worker if she made any money w/ the party (all though we did all buy stuff! so it's possible.)
    Patricia Lynne's Treasures
    Why should you look there? Because it's not a get rich scam.
    It's my store! I got it up (almost gotta add a few items and spell check LOL) I got domain hosting and email accounts. I sent out my application for sales tax. I'm so excited. Also check out my blog at myspace page

I sell Watkins and am part of the Summit Group. I have been in several other MLM and I think Watkins has them beat. Like any other business, it does take work- it is not a get rich quick scam. Watkins has been in business almost 140 years, start up less than $100, do not have to buy inventiory or stock-
    lot of different ways to build business-

have other questions let me know

and i can help you with the product you are liiking for also

Quote Originally Posted by casey_arm View Post
    casey_arm
    Watkins is a great and legitimate company with high quality not overpriced products. It is not a pyramid-just plain network marketing like Mary K or Avon but with much better compensation plan. It is an honest company making sure that -you -the distributor always gets paid.
    I have great freedom about how to run my business.I havejust sold a gallon of vanilla to a local candymaker (store)He said the price was fair and the quality great.
    Contact me at shopwatkins@ymail.com to get the best business training.

Quote Originally Posted by Watkins Man View Post
    I have been a Watkins IBO for 5 years. I have found them to be a safe, reliable, and fair company.

When many people hear the Watkins name the first thing they say is "I remember the Watkins man coming out to the farm" or "I remember my grandma using Watkins vanilla."

At present, Watkins is running a brand awareness program by allowing a very limited number of stores to sell a very limited number of products. The is intended to put the Watkins name in front of the younger generation who might not be as familiar with the Watkins name.

When I was looking for a home business I had several criteria.
    I wanted a business I could run from home (I am home bound because of health and can't do home parties).
    I wanted good internet support (I believe what we have is second to none).
    I wanted a company where people would recognize the name.
    I didn't want to be associated with a company that sold junk.

Watkins has a very good compensation plan. I can post more details about that if anybody cares to know them.

As you noted, there are a couple of specials for new associates in January. These special offers are great for the right person. It is my feeling that the best option for most people is the $60 starter kit option.

Did you recieve the Watkins information from a member of the "Summit Group," Casey. If so, they are the best group in Watkins. I encourage you to talk more with that associate.

If they aren't connected to the Summit Group, or if for some reason you aren't comfortable with that associate, please contact me. I will be happy to help you better understand the Watkins Business Opportunity.
    Great post, good for you and Watkins!

Watkins is a solid company that's shown that they're in it for the long haul. I've yet to run into anyone that really tried their products that didn't find value in the product line.

As long as people love the products, there'll be others that especially love the pay plan, while enjoying the products AND recommending em, based on, a passion for the products! And on, and on, and on.....:rryumy: Gotta love it!

Great post, Watkins Man. There's room for us all, & Walmart too!

Welcome to SCAM.COM.

Kerry

PS, ...Keep your eyes peeled for the naysayers & dreamstealer around here. Wouldn't be surprised if they show up real soon. FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Watkins Man View Post

My mother is 87 and swears by Watkins vanilla and spices. I don't know where she gets the stuff, but I saw them in her cupboards last Christmas.
    As of April23, 2010, I will no longer participate as a moderator or member of a site where posts and threads are removed unjustly by the ADMIN or a rogue mod.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Moron_Here View Post
    My mother is 87 and swears by Watkins vanilla and spices. I don't know where she gets the stuff, but I saw them in her cupboards last Christmas.
    87! ...You're truly blessed.

Great, affirming post too, by the way.

Can't hide value.

KLH

A very good, rare, positive post on this forum. I'm from UK, so dont know much about the products of this company, but they have a great reputation in MLM circles. If you have great products backed up by a strong,honest company, MLM is a great business, and though hard work is necessary, the way to do it is actually very simple, and can be summed up by this sentence

''try a few products, if you like them, you may want to tell others about them, and if they like them, they may want to tell others about them....'' and so on.....

People obviously like Watkins products.. they've stood the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdoyle
    A very good, rare, positive post on this forum.
    I agree! It's a shame there aren't more like them around here!

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by RIBgabby View Post
    Does anyone here sell Watkins products. Wondering if the Summit Group is a pyramid type scheme of selling. Can you really make money selling Watkins. Just interested if anyone here knows anything about this.
    Well the Summit group is one person who got a couple thousand in his downline and formed TSG. So it is definently possible. However, i was with this company and even though they have great products and history i found there product to be a bit expensive. So u have to mainly rely on recruiting and throwing lots of home parties.but i thinks its a good company compared to many others. I was first with quixtar and there products are garbage compared to watkins but again i found them just too expensive and hard to sell and couldnt see people reordering that much pepper and vanilla very often.

As a Watkins rep I do not like that they allow Walmart to sell some of their products cheaper than in the catalog. My local Walmart has only 7 Watkins products. (limited scents of personal care products , no spices)
    I lost a cusomer who bought uncented
    body oil from me and when he saw he can get this oil in Walmart for less and pay no shipping , he never reordered from me. Fortunately, the new Watkins natural line came to the rescue. It is not available in Walmart and it is more natural and paraben free than the traditional line.
    Many Watkins products have NPA
    (Natural Product Association )
    Certification.
    I like that Watkins products are reasonably priced.