+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

What happened to these threads?

I'm just wondering what happened to the threads listed below?

They seem to have disappeared or they have all been deleted.

1. Vitel Wireless?

2. LifeMobile?

3. Solavei?

4. ACN?

Edit: Another strange thing also is that Scam.com is stating that I have only made 2 posts?

Now that just ain't right at all, something technical seriously has gone wrong???
    Last edited by mymckerrell; 09-30-2012 at 06:54 AM. Reason: Extra info.

Re: What happened to these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by mymckerrell View Post

1. Vitel Wireless?

2. LifeMobile?

3. Solavei?

4. ACN?

Edit: Another strange thing also is that Scam.com is stating that I have only made 2 posts?

Now that just ain't right at all, something technical seriously has gone wrong???
    One word....lawyers.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    One word....lawyers.
    Huh?

But that doesn't even explain my posts?

I have made countless posts but my posts statistics state that I have only made (2) posts?

What is going on here?

Or if a thread gets removed, so will my post count decrease?

I just don't get it, how can so many different threads be removed from scam.com all on different MLM companies?

Huh?

But that doesn't even explain my posts?

I have made countless posts but my posts statistics state that I have only made (2) posts?

What is going on here?

Or if a thread gets removed, so will my post count decrease?

I just don't get it, how can so many different threads be removed from scam.com all on different MLM companies?
    I expect that lawyers, or company owners at least, have complained about the posts and they've been removed and, yes, probably your post count goes down if they're removed.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

I expect that lawyers, or company owners at least, have complained about the posts and they've been removed and, yes, probably your post count goes down if they're removed.
    Okay, I understand that now.

But why so many different MLM companies all at once?

Not one of them are related to one another.

The ACN thread has been on here for ages and ACN has known all this time it has been here, why all of a sudden it is removed?

Something is really odd.

Does the admin of scam.com have to comply with complaints?

What about free speech?

Anyway, I just haven't seen anything like this before and I thought it might have got deleted by accident when we had that big time spammer earlier.
    Last edited by mymckerrell; 09-30-2012 at 07:31 AM. Reason: ((((( Extra info added )))))).

Okay, I understand that now.

But why so many different MLM companies all at once?

Not one of them are related to one another.

The ACN thread has been on here for ages and ACN has known all this time it has been here, why all of a sudden it is removed?

Something is really odd.

Does the admin of scam.com have to comply with complaints?

What about free speech?

Anyway, I just haven't seen anything like this before and I thought it might have got deleted by accident when we had that big time spammer earlier.
    Maybe its just coincidence and he got all the complaints at roughly the same time. Yeah, there's free speech, then there's being taken to court and losing a lot of money.

Yeah, there's free speech, then there's being taken to court and losing a lot of money.
    Just for having a website where people state facts and their own opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF_FCUSA View Post
    A thread I was active in that had over 120 pages was also deleted in the mortgage section.
    That is telling me that something is really technically going wrong with scam.com

I expect that lawyers, or company owners at least, have complained about the posts and they've been removed
    Nice theory.
    But, a three year old discussion thread on global warming, with over 2,000 posts, also disappeared from the Science Controversy forum.
    Here's a Google cache shoot of page 36 from that thread;

yes, probably your post count goes down if they're removed.
    If a thread is hard deleted then the thread no longer exists. So, yes, the posts are no longer there and no longer count.

As you can see 'edmund129' had 675 posts on 24SEP2012.
    His Public profile now shows only 129 posts.
    So ed lost around 550 posts.

Oh, and this thread also disappeared from the Mortgage Scams forum.
    Google cache from 17SEP.
    This is the thread referenced by 'WTF_FCUSA'.

Almost 6 years old and over 3,000 posts.

Here's a screen shot I took concerning the largest threads here at scam.com about six months ago;

The ACN thread was the largest thread here. It was 8 years old and had over 10,000 posts with over a million views.

So it wasn't just threads in the MLM Scams forum.
    Maybe its just coincidence and he got all the complaints at roughly the same time. Yeah, there's free speech, then there's being taken to court and losing a lot of money.
    And that has what to do with the Global Warming discussion thread?

The other Freedom Club USA thread, 7 years old but only 50 posts is still there in the Business Scams forum. Also, there are a number of other threads on Global Warming that are still here.

It appears that a number of older and larger threads have been deleted.
    Last edited by nomaxim; 09-30-2012 at 08:22 AM.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

Yep, it appears that a number of threads and posts have disappeared.

Google cache from 22SEP, 8 days ago.

Current stats;

So, in 8 days the number of threads has gone up by 28.
    But the number of posts has gone down by 22,310.
    And these figures would have to take into account any new threads or posts made in the last 8 days.
    The Political Chat forum, the largest section at Scam.com, generally has 3-4 new threads every day.
    Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. -C. Darwin

The loss of all those threads is VERY frustrating to me. When did they all disappear? All I know is we were hit with a serious wave of spam posts yesterday. Thousands of posts. Several mods worked very hard to remove them. I removed hundreds myself. I was very careful not to delete non-spam. I don't know what happened to those posts. Maybe admin or another mod has an answer.
    "Wag more, bark less."

Quote Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
    The loss of all those threads is VERY frustrating to me. When did they all disappear? All I know is we were hit with a serious wave of spam posts yesterday. Thousands of posts. Several mods worked very hard to remove them. I removed hundreds myself. I was very careful not to delete non-spam. I don't know what happened to those posts. Maybe admin or another mod has an answer.
    But those numbers wouldn't be included in the stats in Post #12.

And rest assured that most of the spam links leading back to Googles Blogspot where reported, well I may have missed a few. Google should have most of the blogspot sites down by the end of the week.
    Like this one at wemat.blogspot.com from last month;

The ones that lead back to other websites were reported directly to the NFL, NCAA, and other respective parties.

You MODS weren't the only ones busy with all that. :spin2:

Oh well, I'm sure we'll all survive :spin2:

Probably because your posts were so full of chit - they pulled them for everyone's sanity . . .

:spin2:

1. Vitel Wireless?

2. LifeMobile?

3. Solavei?

4. ACN?

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways different ideas won't work.”
    ― Thomas Edison

Yeah - from time to time the delete the longest most active threads in the MLM section - have been doing it for years...

The main Greenzap thread, The main YTB thread(s), ACN, etc etc etc.... I am not sure if they don't like long threads, or they are hard to load - but sooner or later all of the large ones are hard deleted...

There was a good sticky thats gone too, the Pros and Cons of MLM, and that wasnt very long either.