+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Is this a scam? Surveylot.com

When you send them "their part of the money" back.. they are getting your real money. YOU are the one who is out the money and has to pay the bank back when the check bounces. Most people put the check in the bank and DON'T check the validity of it... Since they are regular customers, the bank lets them draw money off the check. However it can take a few weeks, and the check comes back as fraudulent or bad.

By now the person who deposited the check has already sent the scammer their money and has no way to recover it.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 08-18-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Well, folks, the SurveyLot.com scam is still out there. Today I received an envelope with a cheaply printed label, and a Canadian stamp placed crookedly. The cancellation mark on the envelope cannot be read. There was no return address on the outside of the envelope.

Inside, there is an invitation to become a secret shopper, and a check for $3978, some entirely unclear instructions that mostly boil down to "Go ahead and deposit this check" - absolutely nothing that outlines that you're going to send them "back" the $3,420 in their 'breakdown'...it's just so deliberately confusing.

The name and address are:
    The Surveylot
    518 W Atew Rd Suite 4
    Imperial CA 92251
    1-650-993-1549
    [email protected]

The fake cashier's check is very believable. It even has a watermark. It claims to be drawn on:

Washington Postal Employees FCU
    900 Brentwood Rd NE
    Washington DC 20066

I have contacted the Credit Union to offer to send them the fake check for prosecution. I don't expect any reply, but one never knows. I'm surprised these scammers are still operating after all this time!

I was just looking around for something to supplement my income and came across SurveyLot.com. Then I started looking and found this forum and thread.

Guess what....they are still operating but on the contact page I found this:

Your NameYour Email
    Your Question

Attention! Fraud Alert!
    We've been notified that fraudsters using the name and logo of SurveyLot.com have sent fake checks (in the amount of $3,000-$4,000) to random people (not members of SurveyLot.com) asking the victims to return back part of the money as a money gram or bank transfer. This is FRAUD and SurveyLot.com has nothing to do with it or any other illegal activities. If you receive such a check along with a request to send/transfer money to anyone, please report it to the police.
    The US Treasury Department has been already notified. If you happened to receive such a counterfeit check, please visit US Treasury Department website.

Your NameYour Email
    Your Question

Attention! Fraud Alert!
    We've been notified that fraudsters using the name and logo of SurveyLot.com have sent fake checks (in the amount of $3,000-$4,000) to random people (not members of SurveyLot.com) asking the victims to return back part of the money as a money gram or bank transfer. This is FRAUD and SurveyLot.com has nothing to do with it or any other illegal activities. If you receive such a check along with a request to send/transfer money to anyone, please report it to the police.
    The US Treasury Department has been already notified. If you happened to receive such a counterfeit check, please visit US Treasury Department website.

Your NameYour Email
    Your Question

Attention! Fraud Alert!

Check out SurveyLot.com's contact page. They have a fraud warning that someone is sending cheques between 3 and 4000 in their name.

Survey Lot claims you can get rich from taking surveys. The truth is you can only make about $1,000-$4000 a year from filling out paid surveys. I would know I take surveys for a living. Any site claiming you can get rich from answering surveys is a scam.

Regards,

Darius

Quote Originally Posted by afunguy24 View Post
    Survey Lot claims you can get rich from taking surveys. The truth is you can only make about $1,000-$4000 a year from filling out paid surveys. I would know I take surveys for a living. Any site claiming you can get rich from answering surveys is a scam.

Regards,

Darius
    Your statement is contradictory.
    "I take surveys for a living."
    "The truth is you can only make about $1,000-$4000 a year from filling out paid surveys."

If you can make a living only making $1,000-$4000 a year then I would really like you to share with the rest of us where you are living.

Free Tools and Resources for making money online: Raief.com.

26 free videos on how to create a web business.

Plus how much you are going to make is dependent upon your personal demographics and which sites you are registered with. I know some people who make much much more than 1k-4k a year and I know people who make much less.

I have tried this avenue to try and Make Money from Home. Unfortunately, you have to spend at least 10 - 15 minutes filling out a survey to get a few dollars. You would probably have to spend at least 15 hours a day solid to get the kind of money you want. Not only that you get thousands and thousands of e-mails.
    Last edited by GlenPInvest; 07-26-2010 at 06:23 PM.

With the REAL survey companies, you spend 10-15 mins to make anywhere from $3-$50. You are right in that you aren't going to make a living, but you can easily spend an hour a day and make $400-$600 a month.

HOWEVER, you HAVE to be signed up with the legitimate consumer research sites. You cannot pay money to get a good list. There are a few of us here with legitimate lists that have been verified and which are free and NOT filled with the junk that these other sites are filled with.

Quote Originally Posted by GlenPInvest View Post
    I have tried this avenue to try and Make Money from Home. Unfortunately, you have to spend at least 10 - 15 minutes filling out a survey to get a few dollars. You would probably have to spend at least 15 hours a day solid to get the kind of money you want. Not only that you get thousands and thousands of e-mails.

Unfortunately these people are still at large. Received a check for $2180.00 with all the above mentioned, use at KMart, wire with Western Union, etc. Since my check was smaller guess they're trying to fly a little lower under the wire. Contacted the bank in Ohio and sent them copies.