+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this a scam? Surveylot.com

Is Surveylot.com a scam? It's free to join but I don't want to spend hours of time filling out surverys and not get paid for it. Please tell me if anyone has had any experience with this company. Thanks for your help.

Re: Is this a scam?

Read their privacy policy. Although they STATE they will NEVER send you email, their privacy policy states:

SurveyLot periodically sends e-mail offers to its web site visitors on behalf of other businesses. By providing information on this web site, you are agreeing to receive these periodic e-mail offers, which SurveyLot believes may be of interest to you as a consumer. ... We provide user information to trusted partners in order to enhance the service provided to our Users. We will release account and other personal information when such release is necessary to comply with any state, federal or international laws, or safety of our valued customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations.
    Legitmate survey companies will not do that. If you're for quality surveys, check out my page (link in signature) or check out KC's website at http://www.katieshugs.com/.

Darcy
    My own effort to combat the scams:
    Work from Home Guide.

I have not heard of Surveylot. Payment also depends on where you stay, if you are in Asia, you are unlikely to be paid

I have not heard of Surveylot.com, but it looks like to me they are a website that just lists/reviews paid survey companies. I doubt they really send out legitimate market research surveys themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by WFHGuide
    Legitmate survey companies will not do that. If you're for quality surveys, check out my page (link in signature) or check out KC's website at http://www.katieshugs.com/.

Darcy
    SurveyLot is recommened by katieshugs.com.

And, it does look legit. I will try it out in a few weeks and let everyone know.

It is legit but it will mostly be determined by your location-internationally.If you are located in places like Asia and Africa you might not get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by jjkemp04
    SurveyLot is recommened by katieshugs.com.

And, it does look legit. I will try it out in a few weeks and let everyone know.

I don't know how I missed this statement.. but where do I EVER recommend Surveylot? I don't recommend it...

8. 06-10-2007, 06:30 AM

Advertising isn't allowed here Sheila.

As for your experience taking surveys it sounds like you didn't do your research. They were sending you screeners and those screeners are what lead to the product tests and payment.

SurveyLot.com is a complete scam. 2 weeks ago after my husband lost his job, I received a letter in the mail "Opinions for Cash" is what this person called it. Stupid me...my husband just lost his job, we have no income coming in and I thought "Thank you Lord" this came at just the right time. I thought it would help to atleast put food on the table for my 3 children. BOY was I WRONG! COMPLETE SCAM!!! Now, not only do I have to conjure up some money for food, rent, and bills. Now I have to pay back my bank for a fraudulent cashier's check SurveyLot.com sent me to do this job of "Opinions for Cash". :mad:

Please everyone be warned...this is a COMPLETE SCAM :mad: Do not be fooled like I was.

11. 08-12-2007, 12:09 PM

It Happened To Me Too!!!! Don't Trust Surveylot.com "opinions For Cash" !!! They Are Scam...fraud!!!!

avery Guest

I’m involved with a business that provides an opportunity for ANYONE to earn a six figure income in a short period of time. This opportunity has been around for over 17 years. It provides ALL the Tools, Training and Support you will EVER need in a business. This is NOT an MLM. There is No Stocking, No Shipping Products, No Selling, No Explaining and No harassing family and friends. You have the potential of making HUGE commissions in this business. How about earning an extra $1000 - $4500 per transaction and about $8,000 to $10,000 per week PT just using a PC, Internet and Phone? With a small startup cost of about $1800 - $2000 will start you on your way to financial freedom. If you want to take ACTION now to improve your life, visit url] for more details.
    Last edited by katiescorner; 08-24-2007 at 08:59 PM.

I subscribed to Surveylot using a fictious name and a newly created email, created just for spam that comes from websites like this. After signing up, they provide a list of "paid" survey sites... which most of which don't pay cash, but rather points or have a "participation required", such as "free K-mart gift card" but only if you first complete many offers (and doing so often costs you more then the "prize").

In my experience... if you want to complete surveys for fun and earn small cash (never enough to live off of) you can find other ways to find legitimate survey companies rather than using their useless list and 100's of bogus emails clogging up your inbox.

Additional comment, which can never be said enough... never pay for a list of paid surveys, this information can be found for free!

I like this site. Surveylot was covered in this blog. It's SCAM 100%
    Last edited by katiescorner; 05-20-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jevasquez
    SurveyLot.com is a complete scam. 2 weeks ago after my husband lost his job, I received a letter in the mail "Opinions for Cash" is what this person called it. Stupid me...my husband just lost his job, we have no income coming in and I thought "Thank you Lord" this came at just the right time. I thought it would help to atleast put food on the table for my 3 children. BOY was I WRONG! COMPLETE SCAM!!! Now, not only do I have to conjure up some money for food, rent, and bills. Now I have to pay back my bank for a fraudulent cashier's check SurveyLot.com sent me to do this job of "Opinions for Cash". :mad:

Please everyone be warned...this is a COMPLETE SCAM :mad: Do not be fooled like I was.
    they did the same thing to me also! It was to do a moneygram at walmart. Now I owe the bank almost 3 grand! Does anyone know what to do if this has happened to you???
    I just feel like why should i have to pay the bank when its surveylot.coms fault for giving me a fake check!!! the bank wont help me out... they just told me to try and stop the payment on the moneygram and file a police report. what about all the business bureaus like bbb? can they fix my problem??? Any help would be appreciated

Survey lot.com is in trouble. yes they are. if it were up to them, i might be in jail. now, THEY might go to jail!
    I signed up with them, and my first assignment came via snail mail.
    Addy: V.Q. Sur. Inc., P.O. Box 123344, Toronto, Canada, M3N 2KN, Canada.

Inside the letter was a check to me in the amount of $3,785.00.
    The check number is 70723, and is a real check with the addy of SURVEYLOT, INC, P.O. Drawer 351, Milbank, SD 57252. Tel: 1-289-888-2430.
    The Bank the account is in is The Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Milbank, S.D. 57252.

A letter accompanied the check giving me a duty of being a "Secret Shopper."
    My "Survey Scenario" was to cash the check, and go to wal-mart and send a money gram of $3,290.00. I was told that wal-mart's moneygram service would charge a fee for this transaction of "about" 95.00. and the remaining balance of $400.00 would be mine! I FELT SO BLESSED! The letter told me after the transaction, to call or e-mail my experience so they could "measure the efficiency of the new payment method" offered at my local store. I was going to wal-mart and getting a money gram like they said, and send it to a made up first name of "Peter" ______ (same last name as mine) at 4546
    Jane Street, Toronto City, Ontario, Canada. "The information stated above (reciever of the money gram) has been made up for the purpose of this survey only". The letter stated. and signed by "David Morris" campaign coordinator.

My wise husband called the number on the check...the man on the other end of the line assured him the deal was legit. The check was real. My husband, not satisfied, looked up the bank there in S.D., gave them the name of the company and the check number. GUESS WHAT!?! Bogus check! Yes they have an account there, but there is NO money in it. Wells Fargo told us to send the check and the letter to them immediatly. They are pressing charges.

what if i had done what they asked? i could never pay that money back!

~icouldbeinjail

Wow.. glad you caught it! Yep.. that could have been some serious trouble. Mystery shopping jobs would NEVER ask you to handle that kind of money and survey companies don't ask you to do mystery shopping jobs..

Considering the others on here who had the same thing happen to them Im kind of surprised surveylot is still up and running? Whats up with that?