+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Metropolitan Education Enterprises......UGH

i'm new to this site and was just wodnering if anyone has heard of this company? they supposively are a scam but i'm not sure. It's a company that sells college level course stuff door to door basically. Well recently my husband and I signed up for this. against my will. He thought it was a good idea. but come to find out. we aren't the only military family this has happened to? anyone hear of this before? :confused: :confused:

Re: Metropolitan Education Enterprises......UGH

URL, please?
    Try, also, the admissions office at your local community college: give them the name of this outfit, and ask if course credits are transferrable.

Hey,
    I am also a military member who fell into this. Please send me an email with your email address/phone number through this site so I can speak to you about it.

I am curious about this now too. I am afraid we have been scammed then too. What were your issues with the company?

My husband is in the military and last year he signed up for a Metropolitan Edcuational Enterprises, INC. loan. It was suppose to be a 10 year loan and the payments were automated from his account. But today we just found out that the payments have not been paid the last months. Infact, we're being told that we have until 11/30/2006 to pay close to 2600 dollars or we basically are screwed. We don't have that kind of cash and because of our credit and age we can't even pull a loan to cover the amount. I'm 9 months pregnant with a 13 month old son and I'm freaking out since I didn't want my husband to pull that loan with them in the first place. I'm hoping that this might be some kind of scam or something because they were sending the notices to my husband's old command over in Okinawa, Japan but he's been back state side since March 11th of this year. And when we received the notice today it had our old Florida address written on it. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I'm hoping beyong hope that it's really a scam and not for real. If anyone can help us...our e-mail address is Moss3537usmc@yahoo.com Thanks.

Metropolitan sold us the educational package with the Hooked on Phonics, Child Horizans, Websters Dictionary, Science Library, Clep Program, Medical Encyclopedia, 20 Vol. New Standard Leatherbound Encyclopedia,Research Service, and a bookcase, for the 2600 or so that we spent. We felt that it was a fantastic offer, considering my parents spent over 4000.00 on their encyclopedias alone over 20 years ago. If you didnt want the loan you should have not signed up for it. Dont blame a company if you cant pay your bills, blame yourself. I find most people who talk about getting scammed are usually people who dont pay their bills and tranfer the blame back to companies they deal with. Everything in our contract was crystal clear. We received everything that was promised to us and had a wonderful experience with the products, services and customer service department.
    Last edited by wasabi1; 12-02-2006 at 11:13 PM.

I am also a military member that has been scammed by this company. I was in Iraq and my ex wife signed up for the complete hooked on phonics program and an encyclopedia set with all kinds of crazy stuff with it. It is the same set that the woman above me (wasabi1) had a fabulous experience with. Now that we are divorced I find out that they allowed her to put me as primary on this account, so i am responsible for the 1700 dollars that is left to pay on it. This is a complete outrage, I cannot believe that these people were allowed to come on post and go door to door to peddle this garbage............ :mad: :mad:
    Last edited by liloffcenter; 12-06-2006 at 04:07 AM.

Why is everyone saying this company is a scam I would like to know. My husband is in the military. Please email me at raeann75@aol.com and let me know why.Or does anyone have there phone number.
    Last edited by raeann; 12-08-2006 at 02:35 AM.

I just wanted to tell wasabi you got robbed. I signed up for this plan supposedly for whenever I had children but then me and my husband got divorced. When I got back from deployment I started looking into how much these books were worth so I could sell them since I didnt need them anymore. I COULDNT FIND ANYTHING on none of the books!! Thats when I got worried. I found the phone number to Metroplitan Educ Ent. to find out how much these books were woth, they were not helpfull AT ALL! In fact the gentleman I spoke to was very rude. They couldnt tell me anything about these books, where they came from or the publishing house, price, NOTHING!!
    On my last attemp to get some info I took ALL the books to a couple of bookstores to see how much I could get for them. Come to find out they aint worth sh*t!! The most I could get for ALL the books was maybe $100. So we all pretty much got raped by this company.

Wasabi, I have no problems paying my bills and I am saying this to you again, THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. If you like your books so much then please buy my set, they are all still in the original boxes.

my husband and i also fell for this scam. i had forgotten the site that they gave me so i typed in the name and this is the only thing i could find on them. we called to cancel our order but they were very rude and told us it is too late, that we had already been put in their computer and there was nothing they could do about it. we thought that these books would be a good idea to have for when we have kids. they want us to pay $3200 over the next three years. First of all they showed up at our apartment complex around 8:30 at night and just went around knocking on doors. I would recommend talking to you or your spouse's first sgt. and ask them what you should do. we were told to take it to JAG. they will withhold all funds from the so called company until they have fully investigated everyting is what we were told. If anybody has any information please contact me.

If anyone has the number or the website addy for this company could you please send it to me at cowboy143@gmail.com. My soon to be exwife ran off with the information and I just pulled my credit report and this is on it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy143
    If anyone has the number or the website addy for this company could you please send it to me at cowboy143@gmail.com. My soon to be exwife ran off with the information and I just pulled my credit report and this is on it. Thank you.

Hi there,

My son just got sucked into this scam. What can you tell me?

SP

Quote Originally Posted by Moss3537usmc
    My husband is in the military and last year he signed up for a Metropolitan Edcuational Enterprises, INC. loan. It was suppose to be a 10 year loan and the payments were automated from his account. But today we just found out that the payments have not been paid the last months. Infact, we're being told that we have until 11/30/2006 to pay close to 2600 dollars or we basically are screwed. We don't have that kind of cash and because of our credit and age we can't even pull a loan to cover the amount. I'm 9 months pregnant with a 13 month old son and I'm freaking out since I didn't want my husband to pull that loan with them in the first place. I'm hoping that this might be some kind of scam or something because they were sending the notices to my husband's old command over in Okinawa, Japan but he's been back state side since March 11th of this year. And when we received the notice today it had our old Florida address written on it. I'm not sure what that means exactly but I'm hoping beyong hope that it's really a scam and not for real. If anyone can help us...our e-mail address is Moss3537usmc@yahoo.com Thanks.
    Hey, I live on TT1 also and have been getting these flyers for 2 years now. You know, people are NOT supposed to solicit on base. I just called this company at the time not designated and someone answered. I gave them my address and said I didn't want anyone else coming to my address and that it is base housing and solicitors are not allowed to do that. She mentioned she'd give it to management and I'm sure nothing will come of it. However, I did post a sign on my door so if I catch anyone, I will be getting their info somehow and turning them into either the housing office or the military police. I suggest you do the same.

METROPOLITAN EDUCATIONAL ENTERPRISES, INC.
    Testimonial Letters (Written Endorsements) From a Few of Our Satisfied Customers

Dear Metropolitan,

We wanted to thank you for the opportunity for letting was have the encyclopedias, the children’s books, the software, and the medical books at a great price.

We are really looking forward to the phonics. We want our son to learn more stuff. We want our son to do good when his starts school the coming year.

The software will let him learn more about the computer. He loves to play on the computer. So with him having the new software, he will learn more too.

We are very happy that we have our own set of encyclopedias. They come in handy to look up some things.

Me and my husband thank you for everything we are going to have, that we never thought we will have.

Thank you,
    Jacksonville, North Carolina

Dear Metropolitan,

We love the entire collection of literature we’ve received. My personal favorites are the “Records Guide”, which really helps organize important information, and “Things to Make and Do” I can’t wait until my infant son gets old enough that we can sit down and do these crafts together. My husband and I are currently pursuing our college degrees and he really enjoyed the convenience of having encyclopedias just a thought away and doesn’t seem to quite get enough of Aesop’s Fables.

Thank you very much,
    Clarksville, TN

Dear Metropolitan,

I would like to thank Metropolitan Education Enterprises for visiting us with the special offer for these great educational books. The representative was friendly and explained to us in great detail the value of these books and what we would have to pay for them elsewhere. We are pleased with the decision to purchase them.

Not only do we enjoy the books, but we are parents to be and we see these books as a wonderful asset for our child, especially the Science and Math books. I feel these books will also significantly support me with research projects, essays or reports when I return to college. From what we’ve been reading, both my husband and I are excited with the wealth of information we’ve learned. For example, the Medical and Health books have helped me understand my grandmother’s illnesses and my husband has already enjoyed using recipes from the Culinary Arts Cookbook.

We both would encourage other families to get this wonderful set to further your children’s education and to enrich their own knowledge. We are happy Metropolitan Education Enterprises presented this set of reference books and more to us and we highly recommend them.

Sincerely,
    Ingleside, Texas

Dear Metropolitan

I would like to tell you how my children are responding to your program. My son likes the children’s books the most. He brings me a book along with the Hooked on Phonics to read to him. He’s learning who and what the pictures are. I do believe that the program is working for him. Your program is teaching him to read and the alphabet. Me and my husband are very excited about our son’s progression. I hope all of your customers are experiencing the same effects from your program. Thank you for your part in my children’s education.

Sincerely,
    Tarawa Terrace, North Carolina

Dear Metropolitan

On behalf of my family I thank you for giving us the opportunity to try your products. Since the educational library has come into our home it has been used in one way or another on a daily basis. This is much appreciated when a quick reference is needed. We also enjoy the illustrations and captions that the books contain. This library offers a wide selection of literature, including the Encyclopedic Program Discs for the computer.

I am a stay at home mom and I thought I would never be able to get my general college requirements, but with the CLEP booklets your company offers with the library, I can now take college at home. All I have to do is test at a nearby educational office and I will have my credits. It’s perfect, since the credits are also transferable to practically any college. Again, I’d like to thank you for this offer.

Sincerely,
    Abiline, Texas

Dear Metropolitan,

I am an intelligence officer in the Air force. My family recently purchased your Educational library. As a trained system engineer I would first like to thank you for bringing back fond memories of younger days spent reading and learning sciences out of books similar to your New Sciences Encyclopedias. These books served as the foundation behind my choices in degree and career.

Although we did not realize it at the time, your books could not have come at a better time in my family’s life. Currently my wife has gone back to school to complete her bachelor’s degree and your books has already shown there worth helping her with papers in both history and psychology.

As a young couple starting a family, your Children stories series allows us to share those stories which where special to our development with our young son. The arts and crafts contained in your “Things to Make and Do” book, increases our quality time with him as he develops and your bible story series provides the stories necessary to develop a strong moral center. Moreover, as an avid reader myself your classics series have and will continue to give me hours of enjoyment.

Sincerely,
    San Antonio, Texas

Dear Metropolitan,

We are writing in reference to the CLEP books, encyclopedias, and CD Rom from Metropolitan Educational Services. We were told we would receive all of our stuff by the middle of August. We actually received our first shipment in June and our last in July. The CLEP books are excellent. We can take them to the field or on vacation. The encyclopedias are great because you can gain knowledge of things your aren’t too sure about. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to use the CD Rom because we still don’t have a computer, but we’re sure it is great as well. We would like to say thank you to Metropolitan Educational Services for helping us invest in this great offer.

Sincerely,
    Killeen, Texas

Dear Metropolitan,

My husband and I were finally having a nice peaceful night without my brother around. We had already eaten dinner and were watching TV. Around nine, nine-thirty, we got a knock at the door and thought great my brother comes after we had put away everything. But is was not my brother. There were two men, one much older than the other. I was wondering why these two would be going around door to door this late at night, and curiosity got the better of me.

They asked me if I was interested in a package of education books. As this man went on and on these books, I thought it was excellent opportunity . What at first caught my attention were the children’s books. At the time, I was pregnant with my first child, first time mommy. So the kid’s books and the math games would be great. It would be a big help to my husband and I when it came time to help our child learn to read and do math. The science books would be great because for one my husband likes to do the little science experiments, and I like to read all about astronomy. Then he talked about the health books. I’m not one for going to the doctor, so I figure they would be extremely helpful and very informative. I could dig through them and read about the development of my baby, and the changes I would go through as well. Plus, I would able to read through them about other problems I may encounter, like childhood sicknesses. It is very useful to any household to have their own set of encyclopedias and dictionaries. Even without the kids, being a college student, I spent a lot of hours in the library digging through these books. Now I have my own set. I also think the books they give over the ten year period to keep your history current for the encyclopedias are great idea. It will be very useful to my child as it grows and learns. And what a better way to top off the deal then to give us a book case to put the books on. I couldn’t believe this guy. They stayed until after midnight talking about this, and it was certainly worth it.

I’m very thankful we did not turn these guys away, and that I didn’t have to feed my brother again. I believe I made a great investment. I wouldn’t turn this opportunity down it came around again. Definitely think twice before you decide it’s not a good decision, or not worth the money, cause it is. I find it very cost worthy and affordable. Believe when I say I was weighing the pros and cons the entire time, and couldn’t think of any reason to turn them down. It’s a great deal and an opportunity of a lifetime.

Thanks for everything,
    Killeen, Texas

got the website for anyone who needed it. pcsfinancial.com

in the military. yes i too have been scammed. Will come back with information when i have a concrete assistance. meantime e-mail me your contact info so i can talk to you about this so called company. E-mail address is anti_metro_education@yahoo.com . I am seeking a JAG for legal action