+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orion prophecy

Orion prophecy

Anyone heard of the Orion Prophecy?

Brief summary: The Mayan culture of S. Amer. that seemed to "vanish" as some say, has been able to predict eclipses, full moons ect. up to the current date. The calender they designed stops at 2012.

The ancient Egyption hydrogliphics have been deciphered to contain a code attesting to the same thing.

Scientifically it can be explained with the sunspot cycle. Basicly, in 2012 the Earths polarity is supposed to change and we will start spinning the opposite way its axis.

The book states that this is what destroyed Atlantis. The Ancient Egyptions and Mayan cultures were survivors of Atlantis.

I know it's far out, but is anyone familiar?

Re: Orion prophecy

Yes, I have more than heard about it, i have actually been looking into it myself. I have been preparing for the truth that will unveil itself in 2012. There is too much proof to deny its truth. These are two supposedly unrelated cultures, both predicting the same demise. The mayan and egyptian cultures were both very technologically and intellectually advanced, having been able to accurately many past events. The only reason people doubt them now is that they are too afraid to accept the realization of what is going to happen.

this is total untruth the earth was made to stand to time indefinite. you can not believe in some people who had no concept of what written in the Bible, do not worry the earth was made to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by green877
    Scientifically it can be explained with the sunspot cycle. Basicly, in 2012 the Earths polarity is supposed to change and we will start spinning the opposite way its axis.
    Lol. Hardly a scientific explanation. Earth will never start spinning the opposite way (unless a large meteor hits us, in which case we'll all be dead anyways). There's a little thing called Conservation of Angular Momentum that will ensure we keep spinning the same way.

What you might be thinking of, though, is the polarity of Earth's magnetic field, which may be due for reversal some time soon (in a geological sense). As far as predicting the date though, we could probably estimate it to within a few tens of millenia, certainly not to a single year. This has nothing to do with sunspots though.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy
    this is total untruth the earth was made to stand to time indefinite. you can not believe in some people who had no concept of what written in the Bible, do not worry the earth was made to last forever.
    ... or at least another 4.5 billion years... we, more than likely, won't last that long.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulM
    ... or at least another 4.5 billion years... we, more than likely, won't last that long.
    You can keep denying the truth all you want, but it is I, not you, that will be prepared for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOsirisTheory29
    You can keep denying the truth all you want, but it is I, not you, that will be prepared for it.
    I'm curious... IF the planet is going to be gone... what is there to "prepare" for?

Now IF only the human race will be gone... then if you're "prepared" and still around... then the human race is not gone.

My fault Kazza, thanks for clearing that up.
    If this is such a real threat in some people's eyes, does anyone know of any "groups" that are making preperations?

I haven't seen too much regarding groups preparing for this. All I've been able to find is a little basic information and a lot of book promotion.

Yes please enlighten me as to how I "prepare" for this!!!

one word. Space travel. By building a modern "Noah's Ark" we can colonize Mars and convert the ice there into usable air by extracting the oxygen. This new colony will be able to sustain human life and by method of procreation, reestablish the human race.

one word. Space travel. By building a modern "Noah's Ark" we can colonize Mars and convert the ice there into usable air by extracting the oxygen. This new colony will be able to sustain human life and by method of procreation, reestablish the human race.
    I think you've seen 'Total Recall' one time too many.
    Repeat after me... "It's only a movie, it's only a movie"
    :rolleyes:

You plan on driving? :D

There are a lot of scientific evidences showing that the earths polarity has changed a couple of times millions of years ago. But there is no evidence what the consequences were. The actual magnetic flip is recorded in oceanic crust of the midatlantic crust like a tape. Scientists ffound it during WW2 when they sent out magnetic sonars to detect russian subs but instead they picked the magnet polarities on the ocean floor. Almost everything that keeps us alive depends on the magnetic field generated by the earth. If the Flip is instant, we might have a chance to hide in a shelter for a while and rebuild everything again...but if it takes a lot of time...well i guess Atlantis is our fate..The biggest threat comes from the sun...the sun gives out all sorts of radiation, UV, Infrared, microwave radiations; currently we are protected from these deadly rays by the magnetic field generated by the earth. You can see the magnetic field and radiation interaction in the North pole in a phenomenon called Aurora Borealis. if the magnetic field of the earth stops, all those rays will reach the earth surface....Then earth will BURN, like the other dead planets. Unfortunately there is no way to determine when the next magnetic flip will occur. the last flip occured almost 1 million years ago, but nothing drastic occured, probably the magnetic reversal was instant (Even so i can imagine how it could be deadly to Birds)....Our knowledge of how the magnetic field of the earth is generated is still limited....But i think we need more sources because other calenders predict time after 2012. Other views that contradict the Mayan calaneder should be presented, if any. Anyways...2012 is 6 years from now...thats very scary

At current rates of decay the Earth's magnetic field will flip in 1000-2000 years. We're not sure if it will continue to decay or not though. While the magnetic field does deflect many of the high-energy particles from the sun, we would still be just fine without it. Astronauts travel in space with only a few centimetres of protection, and they are fine. The Earth's atmosphere alone, even without the magnetosphere, offers protection equivalent to several meters of concrete. On top of that, there have been several magnetic field reversals in human history (well, human's near ancestors'), and magnetic reversals show no correlation with extinction events on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by kazza
    At current rates of decay the Earth's magnetic field will flip in 1000-2000 years. We're not sure if it will continue to decay or not though. While the magnetic field does deflect many of the high-energy particles from the sun, we would still be just fine without it. Astronauts travel in space with only a few centimetres of protection, and they are fine. The Earth's atmosphere alone, even without the magnetosphere, offers protection equivalent to several meters of concrete. On top of that, there have been several magnetic field reversals in human history (well, human's near ancestors'), and magnetic reversals show no correlation with extinction events on Earth.
    If you see the reversal chronology, its very abrupt and irregular, and i dont think we can pinpoint when it will occur again...since we are talking in geologic times millions of years loose significance in our time (1000 years). The reversals occured in millions of years interval. So the actual year or century can never be predicted. It has been seen that the earths core frequency is increasig at an expeonential rate recently; i'm not sure what that exactly means. And yeah the reversals didnt bring any extinction level events,(known? maybe) but i would imagine the reversal event had been one hell of an event; full of dramatic events. But without the earths magnetic sheild, i dont think we can survive solar flare waves. humans might survive but the enviornemnt would be destroyed until the reversal is completed; i hope earths field acts the same way as magnets do though.