+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What sort of label would you give this type of scam

I know how there are scams that are fly by night, meaning they explode and then they go poof and you never hear from them. What I want to know is what do you call those scams where they keep telling you they will launch, never do, they say all these people are going to join, but they keep delaying. They go into a soft-launch- then a prelaunch-, then finally a launch, nothing happens. The matrix just sits still for years and years?

Re: What sort of label would you give this type of scam

I'll take a guess at this one. Some people believe only the people who "got in early" will succeed at network marketing.
    Ads that include phrases like "Pre Launch" and "get in on the ground floor" appeal to these people.
    An unethical company might exploit these feelings by being forever in prelaunch.

"Wag more, bark less."

The term "Get In Early" is a total turn off to me. While a pre launch doesn't really mean bad things, get in early is a red flag in some cases.

If they are telling you to get in early or at the top, I would watch out and really look things over. It should not matter where you "get in".

Quote Originally Posted by iamempowered View Post
    It should not matter where you "get in".
    Right! Exactly!

This coming from the promoter at the tippy-top of empower.

The problem with ground floor deals?, they often don't even get off the ground...

High risk = high reward?

good luck!
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    Christianity demands the crucifixion of the intellect.
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    Right! Exactly!

Um it really does not matter where you get in at with EN. But because YOU don't know the first thing about it, you spout off as if you are an expert, when really it is very clear you don't have a clue.

It's actually fun watching people who have no clue show what real ignorant morons they really are :yelcutelaughA:

Um it really does not matter where you get in at with EN. But because YOU don't know the first thing about it, you spout off as if you are an expert, when really it is very clear you don't have a clue.

It's actually fun watching people who have no clue show what real ignorant morons they really are :yelcutelaughA:
    I think OUT prefers to be called a "maroon".

It's a phrase taken from Bugs Bunny. OUT likes it cause he's basically a cartoon himself!:judges:
    As long as it is acceptable for a person to beLIEve that he knows how god wants everyone on Earth to live, we will continue to murder one another on account of our myths. ~ Sam Harris, 'The End Of Faith'
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
    I think OUT prefers to be called a "maroon".

It's a phrase taken from Bugs Bunny. OUT likes it cause he's basically a cartoon himself!:judges:
    It's all good, makes no matter to me. But if we want to talk about bugs bunny, there is also the term "what a Gulla Bull" and also "In Cow Poop"

It's all good, makes no matter to me. But if we want to talk about bugs bunny, there is also the term "what a Gulla Bull" and also "In Cow Poop"
    Those'll work as well!

rofl
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

Originally Posted by iamempowered
    It should not matter where you "get in".
    Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    Right! Exactly!

Are you now claiming to know our identities?

"Wag more, bark less."

I need to make it clear I am not talking about empower as I am not in it but rather lets say you have a company that keeps telling everyone now things are starting to happening, the gurus are beginning to get the matrix going, that sort of sales pitch. But then nothing happens I understand that the ones who are fly by night take the money and run. I am wondering how the ones that never get off the ground work and does the government ever shut these down. To make an analogy of what I am taking about here is a scenariou.
    You have a sporting good store that you run, the store sells basketballs, shoes, etc. Now lets say the product in the store is what the matrix would be right? OK and every time someone buys a basketball, or a golf club from the store, this would be the same thing as the matrix moving. But lets say nobody comes in the store to buy anything for two or three months, would you classify that store as being in business? What I am trying to get at is would a matrix that does not move at all for a few months, make a company be considered to be a company in business?
    Another problem I have is when gurus brag they have a huge database of people ready to join the business. Nobody has said this in this thread yet so I am going to go ahead and say it. The gurus talk about these people who are "Ready to join" like there robots who will say how hi when the gurus ask them to jump. In my opinion if someone wants to join a company because they can make good money doing it and there smart marketers there not just going to join because some person pitched it to them. I have friends who I consider to be VERY smart in marketing, but I am not going to say how hi when they tell me to jump. Neither do I think they should do the same thing when I pitch a company to them. I do not like the idea of people being described as mindless robots who leap to join companies like ants on garbage, I like to think they have minds and opinions of there own. Does what I say make sense

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Quote Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
    Another problem I have is when gurus brag they have a huge database of people ready to join the business. Nobody has said this in this thread yet so I am going to go ahead and say it. The gurus talk about these people who are "Ready to join" like there robots who will say how hi when the gurus ask them to jump.
    Tic Tac...are you paying attention?

Are you one of those "gurus" jumping all over the place?

BTW....Has Neucopia UK launched yet?

Are you still building your list?
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

I just want someone to explain to me why do companies do this? If its a scam what are they scamming for and do they ever get shut down?

I just want someone to explain to me why do companies do this?
    To make Moolah!....buuut...Business (ALL business) is risky business!

If its a scam what are they scamming for and do they ever get shut down?
    They get shut down, relatively often...Google "zeek rewards"...
    ~~~~~
    ~ Susan Kierkegaard

zeek rewards is a bad analogy meaning it was not around for several years without getting off the ground, then it is shut down before it is started. I am talking about a company that never gets off the ground and tells everyone that it will move like crazy next month.

I just want someone to explain to me why do companies do this? If its a scam what are they scamming for and do they ever get shut down?
    Nose, if the first two responses at the top of this post don't answer your question, then maybe you should rephrase your question.

"Wag more, bark less."