+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

what is progress

so anyway......a person here stated that no progress is being made.i think it referred to a thread!?but it struck a chord with me.so either define progress in as few words as possible or define why it is or is not possible and why!?hehe!!just askin.......

Re: what is progress

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    so anyway......a person here stated that no progress is being made.i think it referred to a thread!?but it struck a chord with me.so either define progress in as few words as possible or define why it is or is not possible and why!?hehe!!just askin.......
    Oh I'm sorry lexx man, I didn't mean it in a harsh way. I just meant that as soon as we make progress, a new user signs up and refuses to read through what's already been said, so we end up going around in circles. So I meant holistically there's no progress, but individually there certainly is.
    I've noticed a lot of change in you lately dude, you're making a lot more sense, it's great because as I've always known you're a smart guy with a lot to contribute :)

well aside from addressing me personaly,you do express some good points about the concept of progress.and in citing me personaly you do express 1 form of what could be called progress!?and based on your whole comment do you think that only individual progress is possible,not mass progress,because as you say,it just goes around in circles!?or everyone starts from scratch,unless they do their homework or are coached by those who can gist it down or pass on a direct conclusion that is up to date!?and would progress always equate with percieved change!?just askin.....

well aside from addressing me personaly,you do express some good points about the concept of progress.and in citing me personaly you do express 1 form of what could be called progress!?and based on your whole comment do you think that only individual progress is possible,not mass progress,because as you say,it just goes around in circles!?or everyone starts from scratch,unless they do their homework or are coached by those who can gist it down or pass on a direct conclusion that is up to date!?and would progress always equate with percieved change!?just askin.....
    In the case of this forum, progress is movment "forward" in relation to the indiviual.
    Forward meaning a learning process which results in personal growth (literal, mental, etc. etc.) An expanding of the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason
    In the case of this forum, progress is movment "forward" in relation to the indiviual.
    Forward meaning a learning process which results in personal growth (literal, mental, etc. etc.) An expanding of the mind.
    do you say thus as an authority or as 1 who has learned someTHING!?here.....hehe!!just askin.....

do you say thus as an authority or as 1 who has learned someTHING!?here.....hehe!!just askin.....
    I at least attempt to learn something. so I guess it more personal observation than authoritative.

so then we have a NEW outlook for learning and PROGRESS as it is defined so far!?and that is.......authoritative is inferior to OPENMINDEDNESS!?and that openmindedness is defined by......INNOCENSE!?(INNERSENSE)hehe!!and if innocense is the CRITERION of FREEDOM,then why does everyone EXPRESS AUTHORITY in there REMARKS about ANYTHING!?(including me!?)hehe!!just askin......are you!?.....

just think of all the progress that was made living each year some sort of progress has been made all these inventors and inventions when armaggeddon come... all what we had will be extinct GONE forever.... on the paradise earth more progress will be invented and this time it will last forever so that is what i can call forever progress

Quote Originally Posted by SubJunk
    Oh I'm sorry lexx man, I didn't mean it in a harsh way. I just meant that as soon as we make progress, a new user signs up and refuses to read through what's already been said, so we end up going around in circles. So I meant holistically there's no progress, but individually there certainly is.
    I've noticed a lot of change in you lately dude, you're making a lot more sense, it's great because as I've always known you're a smart guy with a lot to contribute :)
    That's a pretty good insight, never thought of that. But actually, I WOULD start the whole circle all over again even after reading all of the threads.
    Too much fun!

Give me a few months. I'll start from the beginning all over!

Quote Originally Posted by EveryKnee
    That's a pretty good insight, never thought of that. But actually, I WOULD start the whole circle all over again even after reading all of the threads.
    Too much fun!

Give me a few months. I'll start from the beginning all over!
    Haha well I do admit, if everyone read all the old threads there wouldn't be anything left to talk about, so new users signing up and not reading previous threads does have it's advantages in keeping these sections of the forum active.
    Of course there are always new things to talk about, but the main things have been covered a lot. I still enjoy talking about them though, and there's a lot to learn from certain individuals, even if it's just appreciating their unique view without necessarily agreeing with it.
    I love this forum guys, it really is awesome, and I love all of you too. Except for people who I haven't debated before, I think it would be a bit strong to say I love you, but maybe I will say "perhaps in the future I will love you, Mr and Mrs Anon".

the idea of progress is different for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by stefandozier
    the idea of progress is different for everyone
    NOW this is MORE LIKE IT!?this says something easily understandable!?i beleive complication is of NO use to the PRACTICAL amoung us!?in fact 1 word will suffice to MOVE them!?all complication is learned!?hehe!!but i guess it goes to the POINT of understanding!?all those of COMMON understanding need few words to act!?not that common understanding is a given for CORRECTNESS of actions!?for certainly CORRECTNESS of actions is a DETERMINENT in so called PROGRESS!?hehe!!just askin......

Has anyone been un-brainwashed from the posts here?

I can see the odd shift in behavior of some and others dig in deeper when confronted but no real change.

but does it REALLY matter what THOSE here DO!?what really matters is what the OVERALL effect on those who only LOOK think!?hehe!!just askin....
    Last edited by lexx; 09-27-2006 at 09:18 AM.

lexx lets go out and go to the pub and drink more sodas so we can drown in our laughter

Quote Originally Posted by wazzaa
    Has anyone been un-brainwashed from the posts here?

I can see the odd shift in behavior of some and others dig in deeper when confronted but no real change.
    What kind of change were you anticipating? You mean like a born-again Bible-believing Christian converting to druidism?

You haven't played any bets have you? Sorry.

But I do enjoy these discussions. Almost as good as passing out tracts.

And what I think you have here are tidal waves against the cliffs of conviction. If a conviction is rock solid, how change beliefs?
    Behavior (as in kindness), sure, but beliefs?
    Last edited by EveryKnee; 09-29-2006 at 06:22 AM.