+ Reply to Thread

TheWorker Guest

Bush speech to the General Assembly

If anyone watched the proceedings today, you would have seen something quite interesting.

Im not "bush bashing" here, but i found this very interesting. While the other heads of state, like the leaders of Brazil and South Africa focused on their own countries issues and how they related to the world, Bush decided to focus on...surprise surprise....the Middle East. He decided to address Iran, Lebanon, Iraq, and a few other Middle Eastern countries.

In my opinion, his priorities are all wrong, as they have always been.

Re: Bush speech to the General Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    If anyone watched the proceedings today, you would have seen something quite interesting.

Im not "bush bashing" here, but i found this very interesting. While the other heads of state, like the leaders of Brazil and South Africa focused on their own countries issues and how they related to the world, Bush decided to focus on...surprise surprise....the Middle East. He decided to address Iran, Lebanon, Iraq, and a few other Middle Eastern countries.
    And I'm not attacking you either, but isn't the war on terrorism in the middle east "Our" country's issue, and doesn't it have a huge effect on the world?

Well grim what he's saying is the fact that we have a lot of pressing internal issues, issues not relating to foreign policies. The fact that instead of addressing things that may concern many of the common working class people of america he focused again on something that although pressing we have heard in almost verbatum everything that has gone on. The fact that other people want to here about pressing issues in the United States since we ourselves are far from perfect he should have addresed some of these issues as well

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    And I'm not attacking you either, but isn't the war on terrorism in the middle east "Our" country's issue, and doesn't it have a huge effect on the world?
    um, no its not. and you clearly missed the point.

TheWorker Guest

most nation's leaders focused on issues like poverty, healthcare, and social issues that affected their nations and how they can be universally applied and or affected in the international community. All our leader talked about was "harboring terrorists" and "iraq and lebanon can vote, but the battle isnt over yet".

i guess you dont tire of hearing these things, but many of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPal
    Well grim what he's saying is the fact that we have a lot of pressing internal issues, issues not relating to foreign policies. The fact that instead of addressing things that may concern many of the common working class people of america he focused again on something that although pressing we have heard in almost verbatum everything that has gone on. The fact that other people want to here about pressing issues in the United States since we ourselves are far from perfect he should have addresed some of these issues as well
    But, I think, in fairness, that you must consider the forum he was addressing. Most countries, as you cited, come to the UN looking for handouts or assistance.

He was at an international body, and discussing international issues that could be addressed there. I think his speech subject matter was appropriate. I can think of no reason to air our internal dirty laundy to the international community.

I am curious, though, just what "pressing issues" you think he should have addressed.

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spare
    But, I think, in fairness, that you must consider the forum he was addressing. Most countries, as you cited, come to the UN looking for handouts or assistance.

He was at an international body, and discussing international issues that could be addressed there. I think his speech subject matter was appropriate. I can think of no reason to air our internal dirty laundy to the international community.

I am curious, though, just what "pressing issues" you think he should have addressed.
    no one talked about "handouts", and no one talked about dirty laundry.

no one talked about "handouts", and no one talked about dirty laundry.
    Then, enlighten me -- what subjects do you think he should have discussed in front of an international body?

In fairness i realize that you don't go talking about all your problems in front of everyone at the UN council but what i think he should have at least talked about some of our own economic issues that we're facing in this country.

i do agree with Spare though, its not like we can just go complaining about everything its not like the world likes us enough to do anything about it anyway.

TheWorker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinPal
    In fairness i realize that you don't go talking about all your problems in front of everyone at the UN council but what i think he should have at least talked about some of our own economic issues that we're facing in this country.

i do agree with Spare though, its not like we can just go complaining about everything its not like the world likes us enough to do anything about it anyway.
    Penguin no one talked about "their problems", he made that up. the speeches were all positive and what programs are working for each country and how they can make things work on a global scale.

it was all good news, i have no clue where he got his "airing out problems/dirty laundry" idea from.

this is all away from the point of this thread. Bush decided to focus on the same BS we hear everyday. iraqis can vote whoppeee, lebanon is democratic but still controlled by syria and iran,wow never heard that before, palestinian leader abbas wants to open up peace talks, but needs to control the fanatics....this is the same drivel he throws up every time he makes a speech, and its disgusting.

even chavez was keen enough to talk about his countries progress in between his claims of "bush the devil".
    Last edited by TheWorker; 09-21-2006 at 05:03 PM.

Penguin no one talked about "their problems", he made that up. the speeches were all positive and what programs are working for each country and how they can make things work on a global scale.

it was all good news, i have no clue where he got his "airing out problems/dirty laundry" idea from.

this is all away from the point of this thread. Bush decided to focus on the same BS we hear everyday. iraqis can vote whoppeee, lebanon is democratic but still controlled by syria and iran,wow never heard that before, palestinian leader abbas wants to open up peace talks, but needs to control the fanatics....this is the same drivel he throws up every time he makes a speech, and its disgusting.

even chavez was keen enough to talk about his countries progress in between his claims of "bush the devil".

So your real complaint isn't what he didn't say, it's what he DID say???

Why didn't you just say so, in the first place?? Then, I could have ignored this thread completely!

Why didn't you just say so, in the first place?? Then, I could have ignored this thread completely!
    Maybe he thought you have lot's of Spare time. :rolleyes:
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    Maybe he thought you have lot's of Spare time. :rolleyes:

LOL -- well done.

TheWorker Guest

um, i did moron.

um, i did moron.

Moron? Moron? Is that what we do? When the fallacy of our argument is pointed out, we resort to childish name calling??

I believe, if you look closer, you were initially complaining that he didn't address a whole litany of issues -- quite frankly, an unfocused, rambling, childishly constructed post, but an attempt nonetheless.

But, now, you claim that you were complaining about what he DID say -- they have a term for that --- obfuscation thru misdirection. (They teach it in 5th grade debating).

TheWorker Guest

In my opinion, his priorities are all wrong, as they have always been.

there you go spare, dont know where you started reading this post, but this is the beginning. i highlighted the part where i talk about what Bush DID say.

was that really worth being sarcastic???

"fallacy of an argument??"

"obfuscation thru misdirection?? " ahah who do you think you are?