+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Atheist have no answers?

Atheist proclaim to be smarter than believers. They claim there's no evidence for God. However, atheist are stumped. They cannot find a natural science explanation for the universe.

Atheist are a stubborn bunch.

They proclaim science is the ultimate answer for understanding the universe. Some atheist claim the universe is eternal. That of course violates physical laws dependent on time-bound constants.

There's a debate!

In scientific circles, there are studies about virtual particles popping out of space. It is kind of complicated, but apparently, based on mathematical models, vacuum fluctuations Produce virtual particles. Here we have intriguing theories of beginnings. It all happened under preexisting conditions of VPs popping out of nowhere. All of that however is based on theory without evidence. The problem for atheist is how to explain preexisting conditions. "Where did space come from?"

A few scientist, those without evidence, have claimed matter and energy to be eternal. If this is true, then why, according to First and Second laws of thermodynamics, does matter and energy atrophy and decay?

In many ways science has become the basis for human understanding of life. However, in the final scheme of things, science has not replaced God. A finely tuned universe consisting of a sea of galaxies defies laws of probability, which, of course, is the criteria for a scientific hypothesis.

In short, science has discovered how God did it.
    Last edited by Cnance; 09-09-2012 at 11:18 AM.

Re: Atheist have no answers?

Quote Originally Posted by Cnance View Post
    Atheist proclaim to be smarter than believers. They claim there's no evidence for God. However, atheist are stumped. They cannot find a natural science explanation for the universe.

Atheist are a stubborn bunch.

They proclaim science is the ultimate answer for understanding the universe. Some atheist claim the universe is eternal. That of course violates physical laws dependent on time-bound constants.

There's a debate!

In scientific circles, there are studies about virtual particles popping out of space. It is kind of complicated, but apparently, based on mathematical models, vacuum fluctuations Produce virtual particles. Here we have intriguing theories of beginnings. It all happened under preexisting conditions of VPs popping out of nowhere. All of that however is based on theory without evidence. The problem for atheist is how to explain preexisting conditions. "Where did space come from?"

A few scientist, those without evidence, have claimed matter and energy to be eternal. If this is true, then why, according to First and Second laws of thermodynamics, does matter and energy atrophy and decay?

In many ways science has become the basis for human understanding of life. However, in the final scheme of things, science has not replaced God. A finely tuned universe consisting of a sea of galaxies defies laws of probability, which, of course, is the criteria for a scientific hypothesis.

In short, science has discovered how God did it.
    Wow. If I didn't know that you were serious, I would think you were a Poe.

Let's start simple, shall we....

In English, you can turn a singular noun into a regular plural by adding an 's' to the end of the word.

I feel sure I've seen this before. And the counter arguments, explaining why it's dishonest to desperately search for the lest remaining gap into which to insert a 'god', then try and use elements of science to attack ... science.

Pathetic.

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

This should be an easy on for you then. What's your evidence that any god ever existed?

You cannot claim a mythical sky fairy as the default unless you can prove its existence or that it ever created anything.

...and you can't.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    I feel sure I've seen this before. And the counter arguments, explaining why it's dishonest to desperately search for the lest remaining gap into which to insert a 'god', then try and use elements of science to attack ... science.

Pathetic.
    There is no least remaining gap because science explains how God did it. If science was responsible for the creation it studies, science would be the creator. At all levels, at all dimensions of reality, science unravels God's universe. When science presents a natural science explanation for the universe, God will be replaced. You know the argument. We have a time line to the universe, so there was a beginning. At that point, science has no answer.

I am not attacking science, I'm simply putting science where it belongs. Science is a tool for understanding God's universe.

The universe doesn't need science, it got along without it for billions of years.
    Last edited by Cnance; 09-09-2012 at 11:37 AM.

I am not attacking science, I'm simply putting science where it belongs. Science is a tool for understanding God's universe.
    You'll appreciate this. The new "prophet" of the atheists, now that their other has gone to meet his Creator, now admits Mankind was likely CREATED--just don't call that Creator "God"

The 3 minute mark is where he has to admit a "Designer"--Just don't call Him God

Science cannot take any account of gods, or the supernatural. Thats why they are super-natural. Science is a tool for understanding the natural world.

You dont need science to make shit up.

The universe doesn't need science, it got along without it for billions of years.
    Quite right. Science is a method, for explaining the natural world. Science is not a force, it is not an intelligence, it is not alive. It is a system invented by man. Nothing whatsoever to do with god, like the natural world, in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jason zod View Post
    You'll appreciate this. The new "prophet" of the atheists, now that their other has gone to meet his Creator, now admits Mankind was likely CREATED--just don't call that Creator "God"

The 3 minute mark is where he has to admit a "Designer"--Just don't call Him God
    Oh, I thought you were just an idiot. Turns out you're a liar too!

"It could come about in the following way ..." he then explains "it's possible" that another form of life (ie aliens) could have seeded life here in earth. But he explains that THAT other life form itself would have evolved and developed by natural means, not by supernatural means, ie not a god goblin unicorn or fairie.

So he categorically did NOT say a supernatural designer, he said life could have been seeded on earth by another naturally occurring and evolved species, theoretically. That is the only way he believes that any "intelligent design" could be involved.

AND he doesnt personally believe that, he was asked to come up with a way in which intelligent design could be involved.

But I bet 100% you havent actually watched that video jason. I bet you saw it referenced in a creationist article, which claimed "dawkins believes in ID!", and you believed it. It's a lie.
    Last edited by thistle; 09-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.

Science cannot take any account of gods, or the supernatural. Thats why they are super-natural. Science is a tool for understanding the natural world.

You dont need science to make shit up.

Quite right. Science is a method, for explaining the natural world. Science is not a force, it is not an intelligence, it is not alive. It is a system invented by man. Nothing whatsoever to do with god, like the natural world, in that sense.
    I think that is well stated. In our many debates about God as the creator of the universe, I have repeatedly stated just that, science is a tool. The problem we have been having is that when an atheist attacks a believer for not having proof it's hypocritical because neither does the atheist have proof of a natural cause explanation.

I'll continue studying science for discoveries. As for my side, there is no hope of empirical proof. God, a supernatural being, created a material universe. The Bible, although full of contradictions and inconsistencies, is humankind's only record of God communicating with humans. For all that effort, you'd think there would be salvation.

Today, I was rereading Numbers. It's obvious God is one-way street. Stories in the chapter are very revealing of God's nature. You don't oppose God or his commandments. As for Christian theology of forgiveness and guaranteed salvation, it's not true. If it were true, how do you reconcile the OT Lord with Jesus, the wonderful and forgiving savior of humankind? Those are of course grounds for rejecting the entire Bible. I view it as a problem of flawed men writing about God. Oh, oh, it's a "I gotcha" moment.

I expect LY and other "dedicated" atheist to jump on that. GO ahead, ha. ha., make my day.

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Of course you realize that Man wrote the book of numbers.....

And heaven and hell are man made constructs....a creator being would only create sin and a final grade of eternal damnation thru a anthropomorphised idear....ie man made horsepucky....
    Of course, I know man wrote it. So what! It's my interpretation. At least I can tell you were I stand. You, on the the other hand, believe in nothing, unless you want to call tangled theology a belief.

It is pointless for us to debate. Your position is that you know truth, or think you do, or maybe you do, but it may be this or that. Tracking your beliefs is like tracking a fast moving bird.

Mostly, you oppose whatever I post. Why is that? Is it because others oppose my arguments?

What do you believe???
    Last edited by Cnance; 09-09-2012 at 11:32 PM.

The problem we have been having is that when an atheist attacks a believer for not having proof it's hypocritical because neither does the atheist have proof of a natural cause explanation.
    Good try, but nonsense. YOU demand your god be the default when we cant explain something, we say no you cannot logically use your god as the default when we have no evidence your god or any god even exists.

Believe all you like. You just cannot expect people who do not believe in the supernatural to accept the supernatural as a default explanation for anything.

And the true hypocrisy comes from you, when you try to abuse and misuse science to this end.

There is no least remaining gap because science explains how God did it.
    Cnance, lets think carefully about this statement of yours and its meaning.

In your case, I believe we're speaking of the "supernatural" god of the Christian bible, correct?

If science, as you state, explains "how god did it" then scientific method dictates that science must have incontrovertible proof of a "supernatural" god first, before they can attribute all of creation to him.

Your putting the cart before the horse.

So according to scientific theory up this point, there is absolutely no proof anywhere, or at any time in history, of this "supernatural" god of the Christian bible. Period.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 09-10-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Cnance, lets think carefully about this statement of yours and its meaning.

In your case, I believe we're speaking of the "supernatural" god of the Christian bible, correct?

If science, as you state, explains "how god did it" then scientific method dictates that science must have incontrovertible proof of a "supernatural" god first, before they can attribute all of creation to him.

Your putting the cart before the horse.

So according to scientific theory up this point, there is absolutely no proof anywhere, or at any time in history, of this "supernatural" god of the Christian bible. Period.
    Your analysis is correct, there is no empirical proof for God. However, as I've stated ad nausea, there is no prove for a natural science explanation.

Well, what remains?

As a default explanation, God did it.

Therefore, all scientific discoveries are about how God did it! : :liefde:

Good try, but nonsense. YOU demand your god be the default when we cant explain something, we say no you cannot logically use your god as the default when we have no evidence your god or any god even exists.

Believe all you like. You just cannot expect people who do not believe in the supernatural to accept the supernatural as a default explanation for anything.

And the true hypocrisy comes from you, when you try to abuse and misuse science to this end.
    Explain how I've abused science.

That is a truly stupid statement. My undergraduate major was engineering and as a professor I taught statistics. I probably have a better understanding of science than most atheist on scam.com

Have you every studied what scientist believe? They're not narrow minded. Some scientist, or maybe more than a few, believe in God. Did you know that?

Your analysis is correct, there is no empirical proof for God.
    Your claim is that science explains how god did it, and I stated that if that were true, then science would need to have incontrovertible evidence of god first, in order to perpetuate their scientific claims of where the universe came from...thus attributing everything to the god they had prior knowledge of. (Since science is only knowledge.)

As you stated, there is no evidence for god, so science cannot say god did it....only YOU can do that, Cnance.

So, in this case, we only have another personal belief.

As a default explanation, God did it.
    This "default" explanation is only your personal rationalization of the existence of reality, colored by the learned beliefs of a religious background and a love of the Christian way of being, refusing the testable, logical scientific explanations that render this type of religious conjecture superstition, I believe.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Explain how I've abused science.
    see below ....

That is a truly stupid statement. My undergraduate major was engineering and as a professor I taught statistics. I probably have a better understanding of science than most atheist on scam.com
    See above re abusing science ...

Have you every studied what scientist believe? They're not narrow minded. Some scientist, or maybe more than a few, believe in God. Did you know that?
    Of course some scientists are religious. But being scientists they do not - cannot - let their religious beliefs affect their work. Science cannot take account of the supernatural. They keep the two things entirely seperate, or they are not doing their job.