+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 20

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Ooops... Another GOP Fascist Ass-hat caught telling a reporter what he really "thinks". It looks like the Repudlickins would have learned from Pork Barrel Palin to stay away from interviews. This is getting dangerous.

    .

    Republican Senate Nominee Todd Akin: Victims Of "Legitimate Rape" Don't Get Pregnant

    .
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddis...-get-pregnant/

    .
    Every political season I think Ive heard just about everythingevery bit of contrived nonsense, smarmy half-truths and blatant lies that anyone could come up with. And then along comes someone like Republican Senate Nominee Todd Akin with a statement that isnt only stunning in its ignorance, but sinks the level of debate so far into the mud that its frankly beyond belief.

    In a recent interview (shown in full here), Rep. Todd Akin, the Republican nominee for Senate in Missouri who is running against Sen. Claire McCaskill, justified his opposition to abortion rights even in case of rape with a claim that victims of legitimate rape have unnamed biological defenses that prevent pregnancy.

    Quoting Akin:
    .

    First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rareIf its a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

    And what if these mysterious biological defenses dont succeed in shutting that whole thing down? Well, too bad for the impregnated rape victim anyway.


    Lets assume that maybe that didnt work, or something, I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.

    Now, forget for a moment your position on abortion, and just consider Akins groundless assertionaccented by an astoundingly poor choice of wordsthat legitimate rape doesnt lead to pregnancy. As pointed out by the website TalkingPointsMemo.com, Akin doesnt have much of an argument. A 1996 study by the American Journal of Obstetricians and Gynecologists found rape-related pregnancy occurs with significant frequency and is a cause of many unwanted pregnancies an estimated 32,101 pregnancies result from rape each year.

    According to the Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network (RAINN), In 2004-2005, 64,080 women were raped. According to medical reports, the incidence of pregnancy for one-time unprotected sexual intercourse is 5%.

    By applying the pregnancy rate to 64,080 women, RAINN estimates that there were 3,204 pregnancies as a result of rape during that period. So even with a low-end estimate, thats well over 3000 pregnancies from rape in a two-year period certainly enough to disprove Akins (hopefully) career-ending assertion.
    .


    "Just Say No To Getting Pregnant From Rape"
    Last edited by dchristie; 08-20-2012 at 08:30 AM.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quoting Akin:
    .

    First of all, from what I understand from doctors [pregnancy from rape] is really rareIf its a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.
    In very much the same way, the human body has a natural defense against bullets. If it's a "legitimate murder", the body "shuts the whole tihing down" and prevents the bullet from entering.

    Now, let's hear this idiot define the term "legitimate rape"... :rotz:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4,778

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    I heard this on the news this morning and what he said made me sick.
    He can drop dead for all I care.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,902

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    What an idiot, how do these morons get elected??

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,383

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    notice how the GOP is trying to distance themselves and encourage this moron to drop out of the race and disappear forever...

    By comparison, liberals promote and encourage scumbags to move forward in the party...like...

    murderers: kennedy

    gay pimp/madams: mushmouth

    traitors: kerry

    serial rapists: clinton

    tax cheats/thieves: rangel

    KKKlan leaders: byrd



    all ADVANCED their liberal careers by being scum...

    and liberals mention "morals" in this thread...rich



    .
    Last edited by pwrone; 08-20-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    There is not a truth existing which I fear
    or would wish unknown to the whole world."
    --Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    LogicallyYours's Avatar
    LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,352

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Once again, Mr. Credibility jumps the shark.

    Time to change your diaper, PeeWrong.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Oooh, I just found a much, much better source:

    Study from 2003 looking at per-incidence rape conception rates.

    http://www.springerlink.com/content/...byxj4d/?MUD=MP

    The authors found that per-incidence conception rates are actually higher for rape than for consensual sex. Completely the opposite of what I thought it would be, and completely opposite to what the senator stated as fact. It looks like the evidence is overwhelmingly opposed to what was claimed in the interview.

    Also, I should mention that the study I cited in my previous post estimate 32,000 pregnancies per year in the USA due to rape.
    Last edited by kazza; 08-20-2012 at 08:22 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,783

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Here's a post that is on-topic:

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Oooh, I just found a much, much better source:

    Study from 2003 looking at per-incidence rape conception rates.

    http://www.springerlink.com/content/...byxj4d/?MUD=MP

    The authors found that per-incidence conception rates are actually higher for rape than for consensual sex. Completely the opposite of what I thought it would be, and completely opposite to what the senator stated as fact. It looks like the evidence is overwhelmingly opposed to what was claimed in the interview.

    Also, I should mention that the study I cited in my previous post estimate 32,000 pregnancies per year in the USA due to rape.
    ... and one that is an off-topic strawman and attempts to change the subject.

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    notice how the GOP is trying to distance themselves and encourage this moron to drop out of the race and disappear forever...

    By comparison, liberals promote and encourage scumbags to move forward in the party...like...

    murderers: kennedy

    gay pimp/madams: mushmouth

    traitors: kerry

    serial rapists: clinton

    tax cheats/thieves: rangel

    KKKlan leaders: byrd



    all ADVANCED their liberal careers by being scum...

    and liberals mention "morals" in this thread...rich



    .
    Make sure to take notes, class.

  9. #9
    Yawn...'s Avatar
    Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Oooh, I just found a much, much better source:

    Study from 2003 looking at per-incidence rape conception rates.

    http://www.springerlink.com/content/...byxj4d/?MUD=MP

    The authors found that per-incidence conception rates are actually higher for rape than for consensual sex. Completely the opposite of what I thought it would be, and completely opposite to what the senator stated as fact. It looks like the evidence is overwhelmingly opposed to what was claimed in the interview.

    Also, I should mention that the study I cited in my previous post estimate 32,000 pregnancies per year in the USA due to rape.
    Nicely done Kazza !

    Hum... I wonder what Jason will have to say about this.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak

    ... and one that is an off-topic strawman and attempts to change the subject.



    Make sure to take notes, class.

    Originally Posted by pwrone

    notice how the GOP is trying to distance themselves and encourage this moron to drop out of the race and disappear forever...

    By comparison, liberals promote and encourage scumbags to move forward in the party...like...

    murderers: kennedy

    gay pimp/madams: mushmouth

    traitors: kerry

    serial rapists: clinton

    tax cheats/thieves: rangel

    KKKlan leaders: byrd



    all ADVANCED their liberal careers by being scum...

    and liberals mention "morals" in this thread...rich

    This bullshit doesn't even qualify as a post.

    It's just the usual devious and desperate babbling of a criminally insane gas bag trying to deflect attention away from his gang of fellow scumbags, racists, and hate fueled losers.

    In other words: The Republican Campaign Platform
    Last edited by dchristie; 08-20-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,505

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    he might be stayin in the race a poll shows nothing has changed!? :rotz: : :crazy1: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,232

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    dog-eater
    Yep, you managed to squeeze that into the thread, in the middle of all your usual whining and crying!

    Good work! :cwm2:

    Wipe your tears and move on.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,324

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    YOU commenting about 'on-topic posts'?

    YOU?

    LOL!

    Also, as always, you are wrong: this thread is very specific in it's intention to single out the GOP as violators of the sanctity of rape discussion--I just showed how the filth, by comparison, celebrate ALL types of criminal scum. Not just rapists! And, of course, routinely violate the sanctity or rape-discussion.


    Also, liberals are well-known for having their very own personal definitions of rape, aren't they?

    Not "rape-rape"

    wikileak vermin

    and, TODAY'S new leftist definition of what ISN'T rape


    Now, let's momentarily speculate on the political preferences of rapists in America...oh, shit! Another dog-eater bloc!


    And let's not forget the formerly proud demonrat rape-group NAMBLA. Rape is their entire platform.



    .
    Lol. Did you just make the argument that rapists vote for Democrats?

    Ha.

  14. #14
    Yawn...'s Avatar
    Yawn... is offline I ain't got time for pedantic Ghandi type internet nerds
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Lol. Did you just make the argument that rapists vote for Democrats?

    Ha.
    WFT is the sanctity of rape discussion ?

    I didn't realize there was sanctity in raping a women.

    Is sanctity of rape the requirement of forcing the victim to have the rapist's baby?

    Quote Originally Posted by pwrone View Post
    ....
    Also, as always, you are wrong: this thread is very specific in it's intention to single out the GOP as violators of the sanctity of rape discussion ......
    .

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6,557

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quote Originally Posted by kazza View Post
    Oooh, I just found a much, much better source:

    Study from 2003 looking at per-incidence rape conception rates.

    http://www.springerlink.com/content/...byxj4d/?MUD=MP

    The authors found that per-incidence conception rates are actually higher for rape than for consensual sex. Completely the opposite of what I thought it would be, and completely opposite to what the senator stated as fact. It looks like the evidence is overwhelmingly opposed to what was claimed in the interview.

    Also, I should mention that the study I cited in my previous post estimate 32,000 pregnancies per year in the USA due to rape.
    I noticed PZ Myers blogged on this topic ...

    I guess you shouldnt always trust your doctor

    Especially if that doctor is associated with Physicians For Life, an organization of ideologically warped doctors who abuse science to justify anti-abortion screeds. In one article, they carry out a set of weird calculations to trivialize pregnancies from rape. They go through a series of calculations to throw out most rapes (the woman is too old or too young to get pregnant, for instancewhich should set off your alarms right there. Child rape is less of a problem simply because they wont get pregnant?), and then comes to this weird excuse:
    Finally, factor in what is certainly one of the most important reasons why a rape victim rarely gets pregnant, and thats psychic trauma. Every woman is aware that stress and emotional factors can alter her menstrual cycle. To get and stay pregnant a womans body must produce a very sophisticated mix of hormones. Hormone production is controlled by a part of the brain that is easily influenced by emotions. Theres no greater emotional trauma that can be experienced by a woman than an assault rape. This can radically upset her possibility of ovulation, fertilization, and implantation.
    Does that sound familiar? Missouri congressvermin Todd Akin recently echoed that sentiment, claiming that legitimate rape rarely causes pregnancy (and its not just Akin right-wingers everywhere parrot that claim).
    Dr Jen Gunter speculates that Akin got his misinformation from Physicians for Life, and also takes apart their claim.
    The Physicians for Life site quotes 3 sources, only one is original research. The one article was authored by Goth and published in the New England Journal of Medicine, 1977 (yes, 1977) and in NO WAY SUPPORTS THE NOTION THAT RAPES ARE RARE OR THAT THE STRESS RESPONSE LOWERS THE PREGNANCY RATE. It is an article about sexual dysfunction among rapists. Put another way, the Physicians for Life have not provided a single published article to support their claims. Interestingly, Physicians for Life also promote the long disproven claim that abortion causes breast cancer.
    Its based on nothing but air and lies, in other words.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    14,663

    Re: GOP Nazi Kook Recognizes Existence Of "Legitimate Rape"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelderek View Post
    Yep, you managed to squeeze that into the thread, in the middle of all your usual whining and crying!

    Good work! :cwm2:

    Wipe your tears and move on.
    Wipe his tears? Ha! Somebody needs to wipe his fat fascist ass.

    He hasn't had his dirty diapers changed in decades.

    The thing is, he can't help himself. It's part of the disease.

    Rushing to the defense of some GOP fucktard who makes the Taliban look like the ACLU is irresistible.

    It's always interspersed with the usual hysterical, irrational and hackneyed accusations of outrageous crimes - murder and mayhem - committed by: insert the name of a "demonrat". ... you pick. LOL

    It's all been reduced to a fucking SNL comedy routine.

    Along the way, he gets to pull all his favorite labels and Obama basher smears du jour out of his ass - fresh off the rabid right sneer and snark factory conveyor belt.

    The top of the charts lately is "dog-eater".

    Before that it was "prize winner"... all rabid right code for "that fucking nigger"

    The important thing is to divert attention away from the cardinal sin Akins has committed.

    That sin was to wake up the lemmings by revealing what's really going on in his tiny medieval "brain".

    Make no mistake.

    These sickening, religiously insane fuckers intend to force women to have their rapist's baby.

    That's the moral of the story here.

    One more reason, out of many, why they must be stopped cold and taken out of the game - for good.

    .
    Last edited by dchristie; 08-21-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    "The best case against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter"
    -- Winston Churchill

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-03-2016, 11:43 AM
  2. Right-Wing Predator:"Liberals" Made Me Rape & Kill
    By dchristie in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 11:07 PM
  3. Lying Duke "rape victim"/Lib Hero graduates to...
    By pwrone in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
  4. Negro Blames Child Rape Arrest On "Racism"
    By BVR USA Liaison in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 03:44 PM
  5. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-25-2006, 05:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •