+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What if the Democrats control both houses

Quote Originally Posted by dchristie
    Bringing the murdering gangsters in The Bush Crime Gang to justice and reclaiming our government from the clutches of traitors and war profiteers would be a good start.

That's a good answer too! :D

Lady Mod

Well frankie, did you run out of answers?

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Well frankie, did you run out of answers?

Lady Mod
    He never has any real answers, just regurgitated bullsh!t.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    He never has any real answers, just regurgitated bullsh!t.

That's what happens when one makes a steady diet out of the stuff.

Still no answers? I guess we can mark these down as some of the questions that the Right won't answer?

LOL. And they criticize the left. Too funny.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorker
    "The key to fiscal discipline is maintaining these results year after year. We need to put our priorities in order," Clinton said. vvvgood one Bush
    I agree with you on that. I will be the first to admit, that Bush has not lived up to the conservative standards of fiscal discipline. When you combine the fact that Bush has spent money like a democrat (no offense), then take into account the extreme costs of 9/11, the war on terror and the amount of natural disasters that have happened during his time in office, you get a "not so pleasant" looking federal budget.

by being privy to telephone records without warrants the govt has the ability to spy on whomever they wish, regardless of whether or ont they focus only on suspected terrorists..which i dont doubt they do, but there is NO REASON to all of a sudden change the way it has always been. if the only people that are being spied on are "bad" then there shouldnt be any need to ILLEGALLY have the abality to spy on anyone they deem as "bad".

The president had legal teams right from the beginning examine the legality of the NSA program in question and they assured him it was within his authority to do things as he did. Two other things to keep in mind here. First, he did brief members of congress on this program and they had no objection to it until the NY Times exposed it. Second, I know that people tend to forget this, or not to take seriously enough, but we are at war. and it has already been determined that for the president to have done this any other way would have jepodized our gathering ability. Even when the same members of congress that were critisizing the "secretive" nature of the program were asked if it should be discontinued, they all admitted that it should continue. I think this was a national security issue, that got turned into a partisan political issue... and it should have never been used by the democrats in that way.

the following is just one of many .... "CBS) When it comes to logistical help for U.S. troops in Iraq, Halliburton is the biggest game in town. Under a wartime contract that's $7 billion and growing, it's serving the needs of 200,000 troops. Documents obtained by CBS News show an auditor repeatedly flagged improper fees for soldiers' laundry. At one site, taxpayers reportedly paid $100 for each 15-pound load of wash - $1 million a month in overcharges."
    I'm not going to say much on this, because it is an old issue that really doesn't mean a whole hell of a lot to me. The one thing I will say, is that Halliburton also held the title of being "the biggest game in town" during the Clinton administration also.

you are pretty much correct here my mistake, however he did make this call due to religious morals, not whats best for the country.
    I disagree. I don't think he made this call based on his "religious morals", but based on the country's religious morals. Many often forget that the majority of the people in the United States embrace Christian beliefs, or have a belief in God to some degree. So quite often, religious morals will play a major roll in the laws of the country and the policies that are set. I think on this issue, bush was correct in his handling of this, with one exception: I think he should have allowed those existing ones to be used, rather than to be thrown away. Other than that, I think he did a good job of balancing religious morals aspect (not allowing government funding) with the scientific aspect (allowing the reaserch to continue) on this issue.

im not sure what you wrote here has anything to do with what i said, except a weak attempt to blame the media for words that our leader says. All you have to do is watch one speech that he makes, and you can see how not very bright he is. there is no denying it cmon man
    His intelligence isn't (or shouldn't) be in question here. The man is no dummy, but a word-smith he isn't! Every time the man makes a public speech, I cringe. He is quite probably, the worse presidential speaker in the history of this country, something I will be the first to admit. The point I was attempting to make with my usual sarcasm (and rather poorly by my own standards) was that much of the worlds opinion of our president, not only comes from his clumsiness in front of the cameras, but comes from how he is depicted by partisan democrats in Washington and by the negitive light cast upon his actions by the liberal media. A media that has done everything in their power to embarrass this administration for the last 6 years (with the exception of the months following 9/11).

Last edited by Grim17; 09-20-2006 at 08:58 PM.

Ah Grim. Thank you. Frankie doesn't appreciate you enough. :D

Lady Mod

What is your point? George Bush is not the American equivalent of salvation from harm.
    The point , Lady Mod is that you , Pee-Buster, A - CANN and Dee-Krusty can't accept the fact that this country has not been attacked since 9/11 and that George Bush's policies with regard to national security are ,for the most part ,sucessful and your comparison to OK city is apples and oranges
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Ah Grim. Thank you. Frankie doesn't appreciate you enough. :D

Lady Mod
    I was commenting on what TheWorker had addressed to me a few days ago, not on behalf of a question posed to frank. I took a few days off, so I was just catching up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    I was commenting on what TheWorker had addressed to me a few days ago, not on behalf of a question posed to frank. I took a few days off, so I was just catching up a bit.

Yes, I saw. But the fact remains, you don't back down from answering a question, unlike frankie who poses them but can't answer any. I appreciate that. He would do well to take some lessons from you. :)

Namaste'

Lady Mod

WHATS YOUR FRICKEN PROBLEM!!!??

I Answered Your Question!!!

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    WHATS YOUR FRICKEN PROBLEM!!!??

I Answered Your Question!!!

This is not an answer, it's a challenge. And you don't do so well when it comes to challenging people who have already demonstrated they know more than you do.

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    The point , Lady Mod is that you , Pee-Buster, A - CANN and Dee-Krusty can't accept the fact that this country has not been attacked since 9/11 and that George Bush's policies with regard to national security are ,for the most part ,sucessful and your comparison to OK city is apples and oranges

Lady Mod

This is not an answer, it's a challenge. And you don't do so well when it comes to challenging people who have already demonstrated they know more than you do.
    Nice try Lady Mod , but I'm not falling for little game

nay-maste :D