+ Reply to Thread

I know why scam.com is receiving so many spammers...

I did a search and couldn't find this anywhere, so I'm guessing it hasn't been posted before.

I received this email today:

Hello,
    I'll be short and sweet. My names Aaron, I have a Web site, it makes money. You have a Web site with a similar theme. The scam forum alone is responsible for generating about $3000 a month in sales for me. If you were to place one of my goofy banner ads on your site I think you would be surprised by the number of sales you could generate.

If you're like me you get b.s. messages all day that are hard to take seriously. This is a serious offer and the conversion rate is through the roof. Check it out when you have the time. Email me if you have any questions. The current pay out is 50%.

Best of luck,
    Aaron (TRS)
    http://www. therealstraightshooter. com/ affiliate.html
    I placed the spaces in the link to prevent it from getting link credit in the search engines.

If you go to the site, you'll find this message:

Post In Forums

The traffic that seems to convert in the shortest amount of time comes from forums. Visiting forums is a great way to earn money as an affiliate and never spend a dime. You can visit popular forums, post to active threads, and include your affiliate link in your signature. For some forums it's best that you create a squeeze page that bridges your visitor with our site. If this is something you require, join our mailing list below for further details.

Try and create a funny user name and post frequently. People in forums are always looking for guidance and can easily prosper by using this information. Mentioning this program in a forum is an easy way for you to begin making money.
    Then he says:

Here Are Some Great Forums To Post At

and guess which forum is #1? That's right: www.scam.com

Needless to say, I don't want to sign up for his affiliate because I don't believe in his practices and I hopes he sees this post and takes scam.com off the list (might I suggest replacing it with scam2.com??)

Darcy
    My own effort to combat the scams:
    Work from Home Guide.

Re: I know why scam.com is receiving so many spammers...

Wow.. I sure hope he doesn't start putting our websites in his messages and do you really believe the claims he makes? Do you realize how much traffic he would be getting from here? I don't think he is being very honest personally.

Re: I know why scam.com is receiving so many spammers...

I know.

I don't have a forum, but I know you do.

I checked at one of the forums on the list, and they just closed because they had received SO MANY SPAMMERS. (I PMed one of the moderators when it wouldn't let me post).

I was like, um, I know why.

I don't know if there is anything the owners can do to force him to take it off.

I hope so.

Darcy
    My own effort to combat the scams:
    Work from Home Guide.

Re: I know why scam.com is receiving so many spamm

Spamming is not the way to get visitors to your site. The best way is to give good info and build trust with your readers.

Hopefully scam.com finds out who this guy is and bans him.