+ Reply to Thread

Does the left understand who they are supporting and protecting?

After seeing how many on the left chose to denounce Israel and support a terrorist organization on this forum, I though this might be of some help in clarifying who it is they have been protecting and siding with.

The recent reaction from Muslim's to the speech given by the Pope spells out what Radical Islam represents and what many on the left have chosen to support.

First, let's take a look at what the Pope said from the transcripts:

In the seventh conversation (*4V8,>4H - controversy) edited by Professor Khoury, the emperor touches on the theme of the holy war. The emperor must have known that surah 2, 256 reads: "There is no compulsion in religion". According to the experts, this is one of the suras of the early period, when Mohammed was still powerless and under threat. But naturally the emperor also knew the instructions, developed later and recorded in the Qur'an, concerning holy war. Without descending to details, such as the difference in treatment accorded to those who have the "Book" and the "infidels", he addresses his interlocutor with a startling brusqueness on the central question about the relationship between religion and violence in general, saying: "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached". The emperor, after having expressed himself so forcefully, goes on to explain in detail the reasons why spreading the faith through violence is something unreasonable. Violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul. "God", he says, "is not pleased by blood - and not acting reasonably (F×< 8`(T) is contrary to God's nature. Faith is born of the soul, not the body. Whoever would lead someone to faith needs the ability to speak well and to reason properly, without violence and threats... To convince a reasonable soul, one does not need a strong arm, or weapons of any kind, or any other means of threatening a person with death...".

The Pope was quoting from Professor Theodore Khoury's translation of a religious document, not attacking Muslims. Even if you choose to view his comments as a verbal attack or insult to Islam, it doesn't change what has followed:

"Iraq’s Mujahedeen Army has posted a message on the internet threatening Pope Benedict XVI with a suicide attack."

Excerpt

An Iraqi insurgent group threatened the Vatican with a suicide attack over the pope’s remarks on Islam, according to a statement posted Saturday in its name on the Web.

The statement, which came days after Pope Benedict XVI made comments deemed offensive by many Muslims, does not state the seat of the Holy See directly, but is addressed to “you dog of Rome” and threatens to “shake your thrones and break your crosses in your home.”

“We swear to God to send you people who adore death as much as you adore life,” said the message posted in the name of the Mujahedeen Army on a Web site frequently used by militant groups. ...

The Mujahedeen Army’s statement vowed, “our minds will not rest until we shake your thrones and break your crosses in your home.”

The same group has claimed responsibility for scores of attacks in Iraq, including the April 2005 downing of a helicopter carrying 11 civilians, including six Americans.

And there you have it.

The Muslim world is up in arms over the words of the Pope, that said that the Koran preaches spreading the word of Islam by the use of violence. They say this is an insult and because they are so incensed, they are now going to try and kill him. Can you see the hypocrisy?

Our religion does not condone the use of violence. How dare you insult the Muslim people with such lies and hateful words. Islam is a religion of peace, and you have just spat upon it. For this crime, you must pay with your life.

These are the people that so many of you on the left rallied around in the recent Israeli/Hezbolla conflict.

So many of you have been the propaganda voices of these animals and this incident proves exactly who you have forsaken your country for.

If the United States would have conducted themselves the way these barbarians have, in the last 25 years and even before Bush came into office, we would have destroyed Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, France, Germany, China, North Korea, Turkey, Cuba, Venezuela, Panama, Russia, Mexico and Canada... and those are just the ones that pop into my head without researching.

The fact is, we haven't done anything of the sort. The U.S. is a great and unbelievably tolerant country, that puts up with a lot of crap from many religious and world leaders, without threatening or using violence. It reminds me of something I heard Dennis Miller say on a recent HBO special. He said:

"Everyone on earth knows that America has an incredibly long fuse. Countries and world leaders can get away with doing and saying almost anything they want to us and we won't do anything about it. But every so often, as a country, we have to step up and remind the world that... at the end of that long fuse is a BIG FVCKNG BOMB!"

You far left libs need to re-think who you choose to believe... who you choose to attack... and who you choose to support in America's battle against radical Islam and the terrorism they continue inflicting upon the innocent people of the world.

Re: Does the left understand who they are supporting and protecting?

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    After seeing how many on the left chose to denounce Israel and support a terrorist organization on this forum, I though this might be of some help in clarifying who it is they have been protecting and siding with.

The recent reaction from Muslim's to the speech given by the Pope spells out what Radical Islam represents and what many on the left have chosen to support.

In the seventh conversation (*4V8,>4H - controversy) edited by Professor Khoury, the emperor touches on the theme of the holy war. The emperor must have known that surah 2, 256 reads: "There is no compulsion in religion". According to the experts, this is one of the suras of the early period, when Mohammed was still powerless and under threat. But naturally the emperor also knew the instructions, developed later and recorded in the Qur'an, concerning holy war. Without descending to details, such as the difference in treatment accorded to those who have the "Book" and the "infidels", he addresses his interlocutor with a startling brusqueness on the central question about the relationship between religion and violence in general, saying: "Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached". The emperor, after having expressed himself so forcefully, goes on to explain in detail the reasons why spreading the faith through violence is something unreasonable. Violence is incompatible with the nature of God and the nature of the soul. "God", he says, "is not pleased by blood - and not acting reasonably (F×< 8`(T) is contrary to God's nature. Faith is born of the soul, not the body. Whoever would lead someone to faith needs the ability to speak well and to reason properly, without violence and threats... To convince a reasonable soul, one does not need a strong arm, or weapons of any kind, or any other means of threatening a person with death...".

The Pope was quoting from Professor Theodore Khoury's translation of a religious document, not attacking Muslims. Even if you choose to view his comments as a verbal attack or insult to Islam, it doesn't change what has followed:

"Iraq’s Mujahedeen Army has posted a message on the internet threatening Pope Benedict XVI with a suicide attack."

Excerpt

An Iraqi insurgent group threatened the Vatican with a suicide attack over the pope’s remarks on Islam, according to a statement posted Saturday in its name on the Web.

The statement, which came days after Pope Benedict XVI made comments deemed offensive by many Muslims, does not state the seat of the Holy See directly, but is addressed to “you dog of Rome” and threatens to “shake your thrones and break your crosses in your home.”

“We swear to God to send you people who adore death as much as you adore life,” said the message posted in the name of the Mujahedeen Army on a Web site frequently used by militant groups. ...

The Mujahedeen Army’s statement vowed, “our minds will not rest until we shake your thrones and break your crosses in your home.”

The same group has claimed responsibility for scores of attacks in Iraq, including the April 2005 downing of a helicopter carrying 11 civilians, including six Americans.

And there you have it.

The Muslim world is up in arms over the words of the Pope, that said that the Koran preaches spreading the word of Islam by the use of violence. They say this is an insult and because they are so incensed, they are now going to try and kill him. Can you see the hypocrisy?

Our religion does not condone the use of violence. How dare you insult the Muslim people with such lies and hateful words. Islam is a religion of peace, and you have just spat upon it. For this crime, you must pay with your life.

These are the people that so many of you on the left rallied around in the recent Israeli/Hezbolla conflict.

So many of you have been the propaganda voices of these animals and this incident proves exactly who you have forsaken your country for.

If the United States would have conducted themselves the way these barbarians have, in the last 25 years and even before Bush came into office, we would have destroyed Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Afghanistan, Pakistan, France, Germany, China, North Korea, Turkey, Cuba, Venezuela, Panama, Russia, Mexico and Canada... and those are just the ones that pop into my head without researching.

The fact is, we haven't done anything of the sort. The U.S. is a great and unbelievably tolerant country, that puts up with a lot of crap from many religious and world leaders, without threatening or using violence. It reminds me of something I heard Dennis Miller say on a recent HBO special. He said:

"Everyone on earth knows that America has an incredibly long fuse. Countries and world leaders can get away with doing and saying almost anything they want to us and we won't do anything about it. But every so often, as a country, we have to step up and remind the world that... at the end of that long fuse is a BIG FVCKNG BOMB!"

You far left libs need to re-think who you choose to believe... who you choose to attack... and who you choose to support in America's battle against radical Islam and the terrorism they continue inflicting upon the innocent people of the world.

Ha...ha....ha...I gotta admit, that was funny. This is America's ally in top form. Read the following.

Kol Nidre: Evidence of Disloyalty

Do you know what Jews do on the Day of Atonement, that you think is so sacred to them? I was one of them. This is not hearsay. I'm not here to be a rabble-rouser. I'm here to give you facts. When, on the Day of Atonement, you walk into a synagogue, you stand up for the very first prayer that you recite. It is the only prayer for which you stand. You repeat three times a short prayer called the Kol Nidre. In that prayer, you enter into an agreement with God Almighty that any oath, vow, or pledge that you may make during the next twelve months shall be null and void. The oath shall not be an oath; the vow shall not be a vow; the pledge shall not be a pledge. They shall have no force or effect.

And further, the Talmud teaches that whenever you take an oath, vow, or pledge, you are to remember the Kol Nidre prayer that you recited on the Day of Atonement, and you are exempted from fulfilling them. * How much can you depend on their loyalty? You can depend upon their loyalty as much as the Germans depended upon it in 1916. We are going to suffer the same fate as Germany suffered, and for the same reason.
    yeah...this is the loyalty we can also depend on from Bush and his subservient a s s licking sheeple we have come to know and abhor in America. They are enacting the will of these traitorous c0cksuckers by deceiving their own people and supporting a foreign policy that endangers more innocent lives worldwide.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

3. 09-17-2006, 10:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    yeah...this is the loyalty we can also depend on from Bush and his subservient a s s licking sheeple we have come to know and abhor in America. They are enacting the will of these traitorous c0cksuckers by deceiving their own people and supporting a foreign policy that endangers more innocent lives worldwide.
    I guess we can count this as one vote for genocide of the Jews.

Another vote for Muslim extremists.

Another vote for terrorism.

Another vote for "Death to America"

And a vote to kill the Pope.

You may be a piece of $hit anti-American, Jew hating, terrorist loving, kisser of Bin laden's a$$, but at least you don't try and hide it.

You may be a piece of $hit anti-American, Jew hating, terrorist loving, kisser of Bin laden's a$$, but at least you don't try and hide it.

Maybe in your twisted, delusional, intellectual and oxygen deprived brain that closely resembles an oozing hemmorhoid, that may be the case. But in reality, you are the one supporting the side who is systematically dismantling America as we speak. While you indulge yourself with the latest Zionist propagandistic fodder of bullsh!t from Fox news, I read about the things that were censored or rejected by the mainstream media. The things that more resemble the truth.

Not everyone is content with being spoon-fed bullsh!t when they hunger for a meal of truth.
    franKg - "Since God was ok with Moses, Joshua and David burning cities to the ground and killing all the civilians I think he would be ok with us splashing a little water on some terrorists."

Dr poormouth - "Exackly;
    It's not "waterboarding", it's "extraordinary baptism""

Quote Originally Posted by carlbenator
    As discussed in a previous thread, this IRRATIONAL HATRED for the Jews and their RIGHT to SURVIVE is one of the many PROOFS of a God, AND a Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Americanadian
    But in reality, you are the one supporting the side who is systematically dismantling America as we speak.
    I support America's war on terrorists... You support the terrorists war on us.
    I support Israel's fight against the terrorist organization Hezballa... You support Hezballa.
    I support a country that avoids civilian casualties at all costs... You support regimes that create civilian casualties at all costs.
    I support a country that respects freedom of speech... You support regimes that make death threats to those who dare to speak freely.
    I support a country that considers women and men as equals... You support regimes that condone men beating their wives, and makes women hide their faces in public.
    I support the president using all possible means to combat terrorism, including covert programs... You support those that expose and render useless the covert programs the president uses to protect us.

Sorry, but it is completely and totally clear who America's enemy is, and that enemy is YOU. To call those of us who support America "It's enemy", while you support every single terrorist organization that opposes our actions, shows just how out of touch you and your fellow Nazi's are. You are a sick individual that need metal health treatment, or simply an 8x10 cell to rot in for the next 20 years or so.

Go to hell you terrorist loving psycho.

it's really funny!?how grim hides his RESPECT behind insults!?hehe!!just askin....

I support America's war on terrorists... You support the terrorists war on us.
    I support Israel's fight against the terrorist organization Hezballa... You support Hezballa.
    I support a country that avoids civilian casualties at all costs... You support regimes that create civilian casualties at all costs.
    I support a country that respects freedom of speech... You support regimes that make death threats to those who dare to speak freely.
    I support a country that considers women and men as equals... You support regimes that condone men beating their wives, and makes women hide their faces in public.
    I support the president using all possible means to combat terrorism, including covert programs... You support those that expose and render useless the covert programs the president uses to protect us.

Sorry, but it is completely and totally clear who America's enemy is, and that enemy is YOU. To call those of us who support America "It's enemy", while you support every single terrorist organization that opposes our actions, shows just how out of touch you and your fellow Nazi's are. You are a sick individual that need metal health treatment, or simply an 8x10 cell to rot in for the next 20 years or so.

Go to hell you terrorist loving psycho.

and HERE we see the PERFECT example of the DIECHRIST attitude of all RIGHTWINGERS!?(OK,just GRIM!?he COINED the PHRASE!?)for as the REAL christ came to save ALL MEN,the RIGHTWINGNUTCASES just use HIM as FART to the WEAK who would BELIEVE such CRAP!?and as we all KNOW from the bible,jesus W(H)ORE a FLAGSUIT!?(WHO KNEW!?)hehe!!..just askin......ARE YOU!?....
    Last edited by lexx; 09-18-2006 at 07:30 AM.

When will the MEDIA report the actual events regarding the 39 year Illegal occupation by Isreal.

Grim17, by supporting Isreal you are supporting a nation that kills civilian's and been charged with "war crimes". What do you mean?

I hope your not basing this belief on the US media. Because I GUARANTEE that if you watch this film, you will NEVER see the American media (and/or Isreal) the same way again. It's so sad our media has (and will continue) to fail us :mad:

(you may need to press play twice depdending upon your browser)

Over 721,712 views and over 6,000 ratings have given it 4.5 out of 5 stars!

I bet you wont watch it, but someone on the board will see that the conflict in the Middle East is NOT all that you have been told.

Just one review as posted on IMDB.com, "Those Israeli soldiers at the checkpoints – total beasts, treating Palestinian women and children like Nazis treated "sub-human" Jews, Gypsies or Poles. There should be an international outcry and demand by the US (let's dream: a special Senate Foreign Relations Committee hearing with trustworthy Palestinian witnesses) to bring civility and courtesy right there and punish those young arrogant brutes, full of hubris and chutzpah. Shame on the IDF leadership and civilian government of Israel for allowing this to happen."

PS: Outside of the US only FIVE nations view Hezbollah not as a terrorist organization (Isreal and Britan being two of them), see here . Why watch the video. The US media forgot to tell you alot of things. :rolleyes:

While I do not support Hezbollah terrorist acts. How can we say that it is ok for Isreal to commit terrorist acts with no enforcement? 39 years of illegal occupation is long enough! It is well documented that the US continues to support the "Israeli occupation in the face of unprecedented violations of international law and human rights standards by Israeli occupation forces..." analysis of US and Isreal relationship

Dont believe everything you hear just b/c its on the news. Both sides need to stop this b-ll and we are doing nothing but helping one side of the terrorists.

And people wonder why the WORLD shakes their collective head at the US

:eek:

Excerpt

And there you have it.

Last edited by FreedomFromLies; 09-18-2006 at 08:29 AM.

TheWorker Guest

i dont think its right for israel or anyone to committ terrorist acts against civilians, but there is one thing i find interesting.

3 countries invaded israel in 1967..what was their purpose?? i think we can all assume it was to defeat the israelis and assume control of israel. they would OCCUPY israel if they had won. instead, israel won and pushed back the invading armies back into their own countries, and occupied those lands. how is it fair to criticize israel for occupying lands that they acquired because they were attacked by that country. is it not similar to sympathizing with a rapist who was wounded while attacking a victim?? all of a sudden, the perpetrator turns into a victim.

the whole reason those lands are occupied is because they decided to invade israel in the first place. people act like israel just got up one day and decided to advance into those territories.