+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hundreds of polish immigrant tomato pickers disappear in southern Italy

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT
    No, these workers aren't illegal, Poland and Italy are both members of the EU, and any citizen of an EU country can go and live and work in any other EU country legally. Which is why in England you get Polish and Latvian builders working for £50 a day, then when they fvck off back home the tight fisted w ankers who employed them to fix their roof or plumb their kitchen in have to get English builders charging £100+ a day to re-do their shoddy workmanship. You pay peanuts you get monkeys.
    Oh, guess thats like the No. American Union they have planned for us, eh? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Goodwitch - The first chinese immigrants built the "Great Canadian Railway" - traintracks across the country. WWII -we imprisoned the japanese immigrants ..yep the nice canadians (as did our cousins to the south)...in prison camps "inland" - what did the japanese do? They turned a desert in southern alberta into a garden. Their expertise in irrigation changed the methods of farming. Have you ever heard the term Bo-hunk (ugly, I know), squarehead, chink, nip, Jap, wetback,......
    I believe most of us are just people trying to do our best - make a living - take care of our kids - live to see them grow up ....have a good life..without any war..........

ps - if I had the choice, I would welcome anyone from Mexico or the Ukraine - hard working people wth little expectation. Just my experience.
    With all due respect,
    this is generally true but at whose expense?? Our ERs are closing, healthcare
    costs are going through the roof, schools are in turmoil from the immigrants
    and the average American is paying for it. Where is the line?
    When is enough enough? I think we past it a while back :rolleyes:
    And "assimilate", d___ it!
    But they do have expectations here. Access our system of social services,
    demand rights (why dont they demand something from their own country) and
    whats so funny, they want to create unions for themselves...haha, the joke
    is kinda on those who have hired them because they work cheaper than
    an American citizen, and its going to come back to bite them. Revenge is
    sweet :p
    But, in the meantime we are being hosed for our hard earned money to
    support the services that the illegals receive.
    Whats wrong with this picture?

Goodwitch - I believe it is difficult for the majority of "illegal aliens" to access the healthcare and social service system in Canada - but I could be very wrong. Money talks, without doubt. I have a really big problem with the immigration policy in Canada - so mine is probably not a very neutral objective opinion. I believe we limit or deny the people we should welcome (just regular hard working folks) and....the crooks, undesirables, screaming "refugee status" creeps are welcomed. The fact is well documented. I keep faith in the eventuality that we will move beyond some ridiculous criteria, that has failed to sort the good guys from the bad guys. I know you would gladly help anyone, if they were sincere to work. I know "phillipina", in Canada, who are just slave labor to "some" as nanny's. "Some" are not my friends, anymore. The rules and regulations are not enforced - should the young women complain - well, chicky...you owe us your airfare (2 way) and the agency fee. They "pay" for the job - a job not a single one of us would want - they cannot divorce themselves from the agency. They have no "voice". Government red tape and predators rule their world. I am ashamed that this happens in my country....my home.
    Last edited by linda49; 09-20-2006 at 05:01 AM.

Did you not see the throngs of illegal aliens demonstrateing in our streets
    back in the early summer? It was a slap in the face of our country and to the
    legal immigrants. One only has to see this to wonder just "who" organized it.
    They were flying Mexican flags and acting like real jerks. They have declared
    "re conquista" and are not here solely for better pay especially when what
    they send back to Mexico is that countrys second largest rescource just
    behind oil.
    I have no problem with someone who wants to come here and become an
    American and assimilate, but I do resent the "in your face" attitude of so
    many of them.
    The illegals are harming the legal immigrants who have played by the rules.
    I have a friend who is active with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. We were just talking about this very subject last night.
    Legal immigrants dont want this to continue. They came here for a better
    life, contributed and followed the rules, speak English and dont expect any
    special treatment. They are so glad to be part of the "dream" and join us
    as responsible citizens and professionals and business owners.
    But Im living in a country I dont know anymore :(

Yeah my big problem is the social benefits. It really ticks me off to be at Wal-Mart waiting in line with my grocerys on the belt while some illegals who can't speak a lick of English spend 30 minutes ringing up their 2 carts of grocery's and having to go back and trade items that their WIC and food stamps don't cover. Benefits that I and a lot of other people are denied, but come here and you get them. The WIC office even says that they will not turn you in if you are here illegally. For Linda, I don't know if you have WIC in Canada, but it provides formula, baby food, milk, eggs, cheese, bread, etc. for low income families with children. Almost all Mexicans have WIC -but families like ours make too much - not really when the illegals clear more than I do after taxes.

I also think the employers should be punished for hiring illegals. Do that and take away the free social ride (they get medicaid half the time too) and only the ones that really wanted to be citizens and contribute to benefits would come here.

Button, Im right there with ya. They are stealing rescources of all kinds.
    The "do gooders" who fly to their defense (dont mean Linda at all) should
    put their money where their mouth is. Want them here? Provide for them :mad:
    Yeah, one day I was observing the customer in front of me and what good
    food choices she had made.....well, she whipped out a card (I didnt know at the
    time what it was) and took offense that one item was not covered by the "card"
    and she had to actually pay for it. It was breaded shrimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was furious when I put 2 and 2 together and realized what the card was.
    Lets see now, they come here and work, get their food, WIC etc. at our
    expense and send billions back to Mexico.....again, whats wrong with this
    picture.
    I live in the country and helped this elderly (older than me :D ) lady get her
    feral cats fixed. She gets less than 600 dollars a month SS and does not
    qualify for any assistance. God!!! It makes me livid. She is the wrong
    color/race/nationality/ whatever and gets too much money....apparently
    she is one of the "wealthy" middle class who dont deserve any help.
    BUT, pop out an anchor baby and the doors open to any assistance that
    ever existed and then they can bring their families over to further suck
    the system while poor white, American, crippled American citizens dont
    qualify....too much $$!....600.00 a month is wealthy I suppose! It just
    makes me puke! Absolutely puke :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by goodwitchofthesouth
    The "do gooders" who fly to their defense (dont mean Linda at all) should
    put their money where their mouth is. Want them here? Provide for them :mad:
    WOW...wow..and wow again...What would you say to those who disagree??
    You know waaaaay too much about the handouts available from social services - could it be ...no..no.. couldn't be.. Get a grip - vote and then inundate that person with your concerns. That may make a difference.
    Trashing me will not, sister....I'm in a different country.
    Thank you, for the label "do gooder" ...it is a compliment.

Linda, I did not "trash" you....notice that I exempted you by name in my post!

I have friends who are liberal elitests eager to defend the rights of any to any
    thing but go home to their large houses in gated communites and have little
    to do with what is going on in the daily lives of the rest of us. I see not
    tent cities, boarding houses or welfare offices in their neighborhoods.

And no, one does not need to be "on the take" to learn what is going on.
    BUT, I do know how the doors to social services are closed to citizens and
    flung open to those here illegally. AND, it is the citizens money that supports
    these misguidedd benevolent services.

Sorry, you were offended, go back and read my "disclaimmer"! :rolleyes:

Why was that such a sore spot?

goodwitch - I'm not offended. This is obviously a very important issue to you. As I said, I'm in a different country. Do you work in a field that brings you in contact with these people? I've read, just lately, that an amnesty, for illegal immigrants in the US, is being considered. I wonder what the result would be. In keeping with the subject of this thread, is it acceptable to treat these people like cattle? Doesn't indifference toward their welfare diminish us? People disappearing under these circumstances should worry all of us, shouldn't it?
    Last edited by linda49; 09-22-2006 at 10:27 PM.