+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyfreegift, a YF Direct site-- iPod nano for 2 offers

Hi everybody!
    I was looking around for another way to get an iPod nano, since I've already done GC. In searching around, I found Anyfreegift.com, which has a variety of offers (albeit for somewhat outdated products), and... get this! Only 2 offers for any gift on the site!
    It has been documented by several people that AnyFreeGift sends a 4gb iPod nano instead of an iPod mini, since the mini is discontinued. In case you live under a rock, check out the new iPod nanos that came out on September 12th...Nanos v. 2. So, once again, it becomes important to choose the color you like most on free gift sites.

There are a lot of threads that mention anyfreegift, but there is no "centralized" thread on it for those looking for a reference, like me. So I thought I'd start one.
    Here's some of the more useful threads from the past:
    Partial list of gifts
    This thread has some general questions, and a list by Shaggz. From what I can recall, the offers listed in that thread are virtually identical to the offers I saw when I did it on 8/27/2006.
    Tip for confirming e-mail with yfd sites
    I actually got my confirmation e-mail from AFG, but this is always a useful link to have in any YF direct thread.
    There was another thread I wanted to include with a really great spreadsheet template for excel... but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and still has it, let me know.

There is only 1 page of offers, I did eFax (free 30 day trial) and Video Professor-- I'm sending back all three cd's for a full refund, so all I'll pay is the cost of return shipping. Both offers went "In Progress" within a few hours.

See the next post for general information about YF Direct.

(In case anyone is wondering what happened to my other iPod nano, it was lost/ stolen. :mad: )

Re: Anyfreegift, a YF Direct site-- iPod nano for 2 offers

Information about YF Direct:

YF Direct is reasonably reliable, for a free gift site. However, you need to play by their rules, and be prepared for a Loooooooong wait, about 4 months from start to finish.
    If the wait will drive you up the wall, you need the item SOON, or you have a deadline... YFD sites are probably not for you.

I would recommend creating a new e-mail address and using it exclusively for this site.
    • Save the offer pages in your favorites-- you cannot access them from the homepage!
    • Use the 'tip for confirming YF direct sites' link if you do not receive an e-mail confirmation. This gives you access to your account screen.
    • Wait for the offers to go from status "Pending" to "In Progress". Once this happens, you can safely cancel the offer. This is the equivalent of "approved."
    • If offer doesn't change, though it was completed, go ahead and cancel if/ when you're ready. KEEP ALL E-MAILS AND CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS CONFIRMING THAT YOU DID THE OFFER. I also take screenshots when I do the offers, but I may be over-cautious. :) You'll need to request manual credit after 45 days, by contacting YF Direct.
    • Note: Once an offer goes "In Progress", you must wait 45 days from the date shown under "Application Status". After 45 days, if "In Progress" doesn't change to a link, "Approved", e-mail or call YF direct and request the links.
    • If it does change to "Approved", click the link and have the e-mail sent. Honestly, it probably won't come. That's okay. E-mail YFD and tell them it didn't come, and they should send you the links manually.
    • Click on the link, follow the instructions, and print out and mail the forms.
    • Note: Some people use Delivery Confirmation to have proof that the certificates arrived. I don't. Do e-mail them after about a week to confirm that the certificates were received.
    • Wait ANOTHER 6-8 weeks from when the certificates arrived; you should know the date either from delivery confirmation or from the customer service representative who responded to your e-mail.
    • Hopefully your gift will arrive at some point near the end of this interval.
    • If 8 weeks have passed, e-mail them to request a status update. They should tell you if it's shipped or not; if there is a delay they may offer some other gift or a check, generally worth somewhat less than the original gift you ordered. It's your choice to take it or wait some more... I'd generally choose to wait, but I'm the patient sort.
    • Enjoy your free gift!

This is a pretty fast and loose explanation, but there are plently of threads with discussion on YFD's process, feel free to peruse them, or ask questions here.

blockbuster+efax for the win
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma
    CRZ - $500 Gift Card 6/6 ?????
    Kewlkash.com - $100 payout

I just got my Nano from them last week.

im due in about a week, hopefully by then ill get the 8gb black nano as that will be the one valued at the price of the minis they advertise
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma

probably not, since they are just released...there are an abundance of the old nanos still out

Quote Originally Posted by chloeishere
    Hi everybody!
    I was looking around for another way to get an iPod nano, since I've already done GC. In searching around, I found Anyfreegift.com, which has a variety of offers (albeit for somewhat outdated products), and... get this! Only 2 offers for any gift on the site!
    It has been documented by several people that AnyFreeGift sends a 4gb iPod nano instead of an iPod mini, since the mini is discontinued. In case you live under a rock, check out the new iPod nanos that came out on September 12th...Nanos v. 2. So, once again, it becomes important to choose the color you like most on free gift sites.

There are a lot of threads that mention anyfreegift, but there is no "centralized" thread on it for those looking for a reference, like me. So I thought I'd start one.
    Here's some of the more useful threads from the past:
    Partial list of gifts
    This thread has some general questions, and a list by Shaggz. From what I can recall, the offers listed in that thread are virtually identical to the offers I saw when I did it on 8/27/2006.
    Tip for confirming e-mail with yfd sites
    I actually got my confirmation e-mail from AFG, but this is always a useful link to have in any YF direct thread.
    There was another thread I wanted to include with a really great spreadsheet template for excel... but the link doesn't seem to work anymore. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and still has it, let me know.

There is only 1 page of offers, I did eFax (free 30 day trial) and Video Professor-- I'm sending back all three cd's for a full refund, so all I'll pay is the cost of return shipping. Both offers went "In Progress" within a few hours.

See the next post for general information about YF Direct.

(In case anyone is wondering what happened to my other iPod nano, it was lost/ stolen. :mad: )
    Good detective work! The only problem with the old threads is that.... they're old - and some of the info is not accurate anymore. YFD changed around 03-04/06.

hey,

i did my offers in June. Got my 4gb, electric blue nano yesterday, 10/6/06. 3 months for two offers (which are VERY easy to do). tremendous. good CS.

highly recommend for people who want a free nano (i originally signed up for an ipod mini)

How exciting for you! Great job!

Generated and mailed my certificates today! This is second-best part-- obviously, the best is getting the box in the mail. This is exactly 46 days after I did the offers. I checked yesterday, but they were still "In Progress"... I thought I'd give them a few days before I emailed.
    Contrary to GadgetCity, when I clicked on the "Approved" links, it took me directly to the enter your information page instead of 'sending an e-mail' (which has never come, in my experience) with a link to the page where you enter your information. Awesome! Have all YF direct sites changed to do this, or is it only Anyfreegift? It's a great way to streamline an awkward process that I think was designed to weed out a few more people.
    Since there was no e-mail, I also didn't see any message about needing to submit a W-9 form (and I looked all around the site), so I didn't include one of those either. Of course, I didn't send one with GC either, and it came just fine.
    So far so good!

if the gift is valued under 600 you dont have to. all yf sites have been redesigned to go to the info fillout and print. I recieved my ipod on monday. they are sending out blue, 4gb ipod nanos, THey actually shipped it without me having to call and hassle them.
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma

Thanks again for all the info, RTS! YF direct really seems to be on their game lately. Let's hope they keep it up!

NP, you never replied to my pm though
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma

Quote Originally Posted by RolltheStampede
    NP, you never replied to my pm though
    Hmm... I don't see any ipod gifts listed on their main site anymore. They just have gaming systems and a $100 Visa GC and a camera.

Anyone know if they stopped doing the Nano deal? I was about to try it.

Ya, when did the ipod go off? Two offers for a $300 camera isn't bad tho...

Quote Originally Posted by treesap
    Hmm... I don't see any ipod gifts listed on their main site anymore. They just have gaming systems and a $100 Visa GC and a camera.

Anyone know if they stopped doing the Nano deal? I was about to try it.
    there was never a nani deal, just a mini deal and since theminis are out of date they would send out nanos.
    they arent on the main page, you have to chane the number of the gift in the adress bar, i think the minis are in the late 30s
    "Abandon All Hope"

Getting Screwed On
    I-deal - Plasma