+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Dark Knight Rises Was Too Long

Just saw the new Batman movie. Toooooo long, not enough Batman, hard to understand what Bain (Sean Connery voice) was saying.

Bain kinda sucked. Why was he sooo strong? What was his motivation. His backstory was flat.

It was almost 3 hrs....I think 2:45 to be more precise.

Anne Hathaway stole the whole movie, wow she was HOT.

Was a GREAT ending though.

The Dark Knight Rises Was Way Too Long

I agree. This was not at all for kids. I must admit I don't think I was bored one minute. Great acting all the way, every person. It was tough following the Heath Ledger Joker, nothing will ever top that movie. :

BUT IT WAS WAY TOO LONG.
    I want Anne Hathaway to get her own movie. Did you see her butt when she was on the motorcycle??!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Here's one of the trailers:

SO, IN CLOSING, I WOULD WATCH A TEN HOUR MOVIE WITH ANNE HATHAWAY!
    :judges:
    Last edited by Health Articles; 07-21-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Do you have something to share about this topic?

Please Register at Scam.com
    & Please Join Our Growing Community. Free Health Advice
    :spin2: :rryumy: :yelcutelaughA: :liefde:

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Was Too Long

Wasn' Bain supposed to be like the Universal Soldier project? Pumped up with steroids and hormones? A super human? I dunno. He sounded like a Sean Connery voiceover.

she reminds me of julia roberts!? i LIKE julia roberts!? ann is like a smaller version/offspring!? : :crazy1: :freak3: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    she reminds me of julia roberts!? i LIKE julia roberts!? ann is like a smaller version/offspring!? : :crazy1: :freak3: :
    Yea only she's pretty, has breasts, curves, and beauty...........

roberts has CLASS!? but your too horny to appreciate that i think!? and i usually LIKE LONGER MOVIES as shorter 1's seem to leave too much to imagination/debate!? : :yelcutelaughA: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Re: The Dark Knight Rises Was Way Too Long

Quote Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
    Bain's backstory was there... I thought, not until the end though... It did lag a little, not much. Dark as usual, none of this trilogy was for kids, it has been for adults from the beginning....and silly parents who like to give their kids nightmares. I do need to remember to watch the old ones prior to going to sequels though...

They did telegraph the predictable in the previews....
    My daughter hasn't had any nightmares. She loves Batman and has always loved more creepy/dark movies. She loves Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Corpse Bride, and is beyond excited for ParaNorman. My step son, who is almost 3 years older than her, won't watch any of those movies. He's more like me, as a kid those movies would have terrified me but my daughter loves them.

Not all kids are the same and a lot of them didn't get nightmares from this. I'm sure there were parts that she didn't get, but all she's talked about for the last two days since we've seen it is how awesome Catwoman is, how frustrated she is that Poison Ivy wasn't in it (her favorite Batman character), and how they were so silly to try and trick her into thinking Batman was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Wasn' Bain supposed to be like the Universal Soldier project? Pumped up with steroids and hormones? A super human? I dunno. He sounded like a Sean Connery voiceover.
    No, some aspects of his character changed from what was written in the comic books but they still kept things relatively similar. In the comic books he wasn't born in a prison but was raised in a prison. He used the prison as a way to not only become physically strong but used other inmates to gain a classical education as well as an education in the school of "hard knocks". He's an "intelligent" bad guy, which is how he was portrayed in the film. The biggest difference I can think of is in the comic books he has to take a drug every 12 hours or else he will suffer from serious side effects. That is from an experiment that was run on him while he was in the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by lexx View Post
    roberts has CLASS!? but your too horny to appreciate that i think!? and i usually LIKE LONGER MOVIES as shorter 1's seem to leave too much to imagination/debate!? : :yelcutelaughA: :spin2:
    Ill give you class. And, even, talent-I just watched Pelican Brief for like the 20th time. Ill admit, she's not ugly or dumb. I just like/prefer sandra bullock/kate jackson.

Too horny? LOL

you know, I like more detailed, longer movies too, but it's kinda like....

Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue was asked why they didn't play longer, sticking to a 75-105 minute set. He stated that the idea was to wring out the audience, but still leave them wanting more.

I saw Titanic in the theater when it came out. WAY to long.......

yes, I agree with you that this movie script was too long but yet i like this because the script of this movie was very good and entertaining and more over this is very good action movie that i have seen after long time.

It's a worthy conclusion to a good trilogy. It took the ball and brought it back to the original Begins story-lines, thus seemingly disappointing people who were more into the whole TDK thing.

If I had kids, I wouldn't bring them to see it though, no Batman for them, at least not that dark.

My friend and I felt like it was all too much as well. In addition to it being too long, there were too many main characters and too many story lines going on all at once. Some were only skimmed over while others were too hard to follow along with because of everything else that was going on. There were just too many details to keep track of all at once. I suppose for people who read the comics, it might be easier, but for people like me who have never read the comics, everything was new to me, and I feel like I missed a lot of details because of the overload.

Just watched the Heath Ledger Joker one last night for the 11th time.
    Is that NOT the best Batman ever!!!!!????? Whoa so good so friggin good.

It took me a little warming up to appreciate The Dark Knight, as well as Heath's performance - but yes I do consider it one of the best of the whole franchise.

I hated Jack Nicholson's performance as The Joker since I think he was more or less playing himself with makeup on - he kind of more or less plays the same "character" in every one of his movies.

Heath really put a lot of effort into his Joker - almost too much at times, to the point where it was exhausting to watch him - but good nonetheless. He "overacted" in Brokeback Mountain too, the point where it seemed like he was struggling too hard to force his accents and come off as a tortured soul of sorts.

I liked Christopher Nolan's direction with the film though, especially the bank robbery scene in the beginning. Word has it, that the scene syncs up perfectly with the music in Hitchcock's Vertigo:

http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2012...hcock-mash-up/

These blockbuster movies tend to be uncharacteristically long but this the Dark Knight trilogy has always been entertaining enough to handle it. That said, there's always the feeling you get after watching it that some parts were messy and surprisingly silly (Bale's low, rough Batman voice has always been ridiculous to me).

A video I watched on YouTube had a lot of the flaws in the movie summed up pretty said. You should check it out... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQJu...4&noredirect=1

With that being said, I still really enjoyed the movie and thought it was better than Batman Begins, but no as good as The Dark Knight.