+ Reply to Thread

SpiderJob and Northstar?

So I applied for this job: http://www.jobspider.com/job/view-job-3294499.html about two weeks ago. And today I got a voicemail from this Penny Roach saying she liked what I had said in my resume about being a college student and my goals, what i was looking for , blah blah. I personally think my resume is complete crap, certainly nothing to get excited about but she wants me to call her to schedule an interview.

She also emailed me as well with this:

Hello Christina,

Thank you for your interest in our Appointment Setter ad on Jobspider.com. We are looking to fill some part time and full time positions as quickly as possible.

Our interviewing process is taking place both this week and next. I left a voice mail message for you earlier today. You may either call my office to schedule, or email me back letting me know if you prefer a morning, afternoon or evening appointment.

These are telecommute positions, so the first step in our process takes place in our online business center so that you can see what our virtual office platform is like. It is also very convenient for you!

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Working For Your Success!

Penny Roach, Northstar Director
    Office (direct line) 815-414-1296
    "Proven leadership - Proven Success"

So, I have to admit this does sound like a load of crock but what are your opinions on all this? Has anyone even heard of Northstar? Can anyone vouch for Miss Roach and her company? Or should I steer clear of it all entirely?

Re: SpiderJob and Northstar?

Quote Originally Posted by efraeya View Post
    S
    Thank you for your interest in our Appointment Setter ad on Jobspider.com. We are looking to fill some part time and full time positions as quickly as possible.
    Appointment setter sounds like you calling all your friends and family to set up appointments to 'practice your sale pitch' and cold calling lists of names from the phone book.

These are telecommute positions, so the first step in our process takes place in our online business center so that you can see what our virtual office platform is like. It is also very convenient for you!
    Telecommute, sounds like a door-to-door 100% commission job selling Banker's life insurance, Kirby vacuum cleaners or Cutco knives.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

I'm confused. You applied for a job, sent your resume and got a call from someone who complimented your resume. The person then followed up with an email and you're posting it on this site as a potential scam without even calling or emailing the person back?

My sister-in-law works in a similar position and schedules contractor visits and then follows up with people to make sure the work was done to the customers' satisfaction. She gets paid regularly and works in her PJ's (she has 2 little ones). Has been doing it for 2 years and has never had a problem.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't call or email back but it seems kind of unfair to label it a scam when you don't even know. I mean, you're the one who applied for it in the first place.

I sold windows many years ago. We used appointment setters, that worked from home in their PJ's. They paid them per appointment set.

It's a fantastic service. I had pre-set appointments. As a sales rep, this was invaluable.

Why don't you call her back and see what she has to say before you start writing Penny or the company off as a scam?

I don't know this young lady, but my nephew works at Northstar in Minneapolis. He is a college educated young man and loves his job from what I can tell. Not sure if its the same company but it sounds to me like you jumped the gun.

As far as it sounding like a "crock", I have worked from home for over 10 years with A T & T. I started out setting appointments (was telecommuting 2 days a week) and worked my way up in the company. Now I'm an engineer and telecommute full time. I have raised 2 kids working from home and most people are jealous that I get to do that.

People are upset that there are "no jobs" but then they receive a call and are invited to interview, and instead of checking it out, they seek to ruin the person's good name. No wonder our country is in the shape it's in!!

Whether or not it is a scam is yet to be determined but what is known is that someone is defending this "job" a bit too hard.

@BaseballMom22 and EgrGuy
    It is against the posting rules here to post under different names.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

Well at least you applied for the job and got a call it means your resume was impressive. The next thing is to check out and make sure that you get the right message about the company. You need to see if they have any positive reviews before working for them.

Sounds pretty fishy to me. If it is somehow real, it sounds like a terrible terrible network job like Mary Kay, etc.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable