+ Reply to Thread

Hope for Children Charity- Sounds like scam

I received the below email from Trevor Payne at "Hope for Children" ("A member of the UK Registered Charity") this morning. It sounds like "money laundering" to me. Has anyone come across this "Hope for Children" group?

Thanks.

MRB
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

How do you do?

My name is Trevor Payne, Treasurer of the Executive Committee of Trustees of HOPE. I just came about your Email and Resume online at the CareerCast Job Website and i am offering you a part-time paying job in which you could earn a lot.

This job would be based on contract and commission terms, it is a part-time job and it would involve quite a handful of trust and honesty. If you would be interested in including a good-paying, part time job to your daily list of activities and earning up to $4000.

I just took time to make this explanatory enough so you could understand what the job entails, before I go further I thought I'd inform you of both who you would be working for and what you would be doing.

As I have previously already informed you, my name is Trevor Payne, 42 years of age, 4 kids, all boys and the love of my life, my Wife, Tracy.

I am a somewhat multitalented man and I do quite a lot of traveling and get to meet quite a lot of people who need the services i render especially with HOPE for Children Organization which is a non-sectarian, non-political and non-profit making organization.

Hope for Children (HOPE) which was officially registered as a Charity in 1994 with the aims and objectives to assist children, who suffer through being handicapped, orphaned, poor and exploited, in particular those living in developing countries. This is achieved through providing, promoting and advancing children's rights to basic necessities, including education and health care, aimed at sustaining their long term development.

Presently, the foundation Hope for Children (HOPE) was granted funds and donations to head a charity support project in the tropical regions of West Africa regarding Poverty Alleviation , Supporting the treatment of many childhood illnesses and supporting all the Kids that are really in need of shelter.

However, Our Donated Funds were by our American counterparts and they mostly come in US based Money Orders, Travelers Checks and sometimes Cashiers Checks.

Getting an accountant in the states or opening an account would have been our best choice but I have a deadline to meet and taking any of those choices would cost our time and a whole lot of other requirements I am not ready to deal with as I would be traveling a lot in the meantime.

So presently, having read your resume and 'assuming' you would be able to deal with cash, I would be willing to employ you on contract basis to be my payment representative back in the states, this way I could issue and make these money orders out to you, you could then cash them easily, withdraw Ten Percent (10%) of the total amount on these money orders as your commission for the great service you would be rendering and then send the rest back to me through Western Union Money transfer.

Bear it in mind that we would be dealing with quite a handful of cash and you could be making good money working with us in a short period of time.

I would be glad if you accept my proposal as I intend to commence with you as soon as you are ready.

If you are interested, please email me back so we could make concluding arrangements..

Thank You and God Bless.

Trevor Payne
    Treasurer, Executive Committee of Trustees
    +447011127493
    http://www.hope-for-children.org

Hope for Children
    ..........A member of the UK Registered Charity

Re: Hope for Children Charity- Sounds like scam

Check cashing scam.
    The Parable of the Sower.

This is 100% A scam. and you can get in big trouble for taking the money... he actually will get you money and you will send it to him Western union but it's all illegal money that the government will catch onto and you would be arrested..

I also got an email from this "Trevor" guy. I guess he finds jobseekers and tries to lure us in with an easy money opportunity. I visited the website he gave in his email. It seems the website is genuine, but I emailed them (since Trevor isn't listed on any of their contact info). Here is the response that Hope for Children gave to me:

Dear Sir/Madam

thank you for your email.

You are correct in your assumptions. We have been having terrible trouble with someone who has been sending emails out pretending to be our Treasurer, Trevor Payne. A number of AOL and Gmail accounts have been closed. The British Police are aware as are the FBI.

I would be grateful if you could let me know which email address you received the offer from and if you have seen it as an advertisement anywhere. I am happy for yout to report this to the authorities.

Kind regards
    Simon Jackman
    Chief Executive, Hope for Children
    T. 0870 751 9861 M.07931 790368
    E. sj@hope4c.org; W: hope4c.org
    Direct Fax: 08450 099 626

I forwarded to Mr. Simon Jackman the email address ("Trevor Payne ( HOPE )" ) and the note I received from Trevor Payne regarding the Hope for Children scam.

Hope for Children

This scam from Trevor Payne has gotten way out of hand. I like many received his "job offer". I forwarded it onto the Charity as well as our local news and the paper it ran in. I received the basic same message as I have read from Simon Jackson but also later that day noticed they put a note on their website stating there was a scam going on. I hope they catch this guy soon. Hopefully, this guy won't be able to use this charity anymore though as again they have now put a note on there main page making people aware of this problem.

Dear All

this is indeed a scam. The person concerned has used two names so far:

Trevor Payne
    Bryan Lawrence

Emails:

hopecharities@msn.com
    bryan_lawrence555@hotmail.com
    hopecharities@aol.com
    hopeforchildren@mac.com
    bryan_lawrence@ivenus.com
    hopecharities@mac.com
    Trevorpayne214@aol.com
    trevorpayne0@aol.com;
    hopecharities00@aol.com
    hopecharities00@gmail.com

Trevor Payne is the real name of our Treasurer so this person is doing a direct impersonation and uses details from our website, creates forms using our logo and places advertisements too.

regards
    Simon Jackman
    CE, Hope for Children

This guy mailed me $5000U.S. in stolen American Express Gift Checks. I contacted the F.B.I. and American Express. Both are investigating.