+ Reply to Thread

Friendsinbusiness/scam101 website.....opinions?

Greetings All,
    I have been frequenting a website for the past 2 months or so by the name of friendsinbusiness/scams101. At first, it seemed like a great concept: the lady that started it got "scammed" out of thousands of dollars via bogus money-making schemes, and she wanted a forum where people could learn about similar shady dealings. She seems honest and nice enough, but here's where a "red flag" went up for me:

There are a handful of regular posters and moderators that seen to have a "hidden agenda". I have posted 2 or three times regarding advice on primarily a money-making person's programs online, and all of these people IMMEDIATELY post telling me how "great" all of these work-at-home programs are and how I need to "dispel my doubt" cast off my "limiting fear" and "think positive!" One guy even told me that if I buy a program and it "doesn't work", I should just realize it was my fault and learn from my mistakes!!!

Oh...... by the way, all of these folks with the heaps of grand advice have links at the bottom of their posts with..... you guessed it........ moneymaking programs they are either an affiliate for or are selling themselves!

I don't know about this website..... do you think it might be full of "hidden agendas" like I suspect?

Have a great day,
    Allosia

Re: Friendsinbusiness/scam101 website.....opinions?

This is by far the worst forum in history. The layout looks like crap and the people who are "moderators" have a huge agenda. I went their last month and all they tried to do was knock everything and sell me on Corey Rudl's program. Now I'm sure Cory Rudl had some relevant information 5 years ago before he died but the internet changes so fast it's out of date now. As for the guy who took over for him Derek Gehl, he was selling $7000 website packages last year. All these people are crooks as far as I can tell.

After I found this review I decide to look elsewhere for honest people.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...SubmissionDate

What's the deal with them posting so fast? Do these people have no life? I think it's 1 person who sits at their computer all day pretending to be a dozen different people. If you post there you get 9 reply's in less then a minute. If that's not a red flag I don't know what is. I think they just over post to try and drive up their Adsense revenue.

My advice is unless you want to get scammed, stay clear.

Hi There ;

I would say that having been to a few of these sites , use the free info ! don't buy the package ; there's quite a nice pdf on SEO at : http://www.commuteinyourjammies.com/SEO-Made-Easy.pdf

Keep Well ;

Peppered Lemon

Looks like a way for the site owner to make money. She's reaching for your money with every word she types. She's no better than any other scammer out there.

The forum sucks and I couldn't read more than two posts before I gave up.

Apparently, she got scammed so many times, she decided to go with the old adage, "If you can't beat them, join them!"

"friendsinbusiness" is useless. They mislead people in their forums to buy things that pay them a credit. Pretty sleazy if you ask me. Friendsinbusiness also stole their name from friendsinbusiness.org. This way nobody could dig up any dirt on them. Who could possibly listen to advice from maa maa? Give me a break.

I agree with their reviews on Amazon.

Friendsinbusiness is a forum that needs to be shut down. They offer no serious advice for anyone interested in starting an online business.

I've sold a lot of different products online over the years and have seen "friendsinbusiness" do some highly unethical things.

First of, they stole their name from an already established company called friendsinbusiness.org. This company has a decent reputation and isn't run be criminals.

Friendsinbusiness.com has a history of calling everything a scam so, they can get their site indexed under your keywords and domain name. This way they can try and steal your traffic to make more money on their Adsense account, and also try and sell you online marketing materials that pay them a huge commission. But their lack of ethics is much worse.

This scam101 site is a scam. It's bad enough that they try and trick new people into buying whatever garbage they're promoting, but the problem with the friendsinbusiness forum is that they're breaking the law and will end up in jail soon.

If you arrive at the friendsinbusiness site make sure your firewall is on high security. This forum may seem harmless on the surface but it's really a place for online hackers and spammers to share information. This is why they run it in a way that anyone can jump in with their posts at any time.

Friendsinbusiness forum is frequented by computer hackers pretending to fight spam. The reason why they post so quickly right after you post is becasue they have to keep you in the forum long enough to try and hack your computer.

Friendsinbusiness seems to think that if they can find people dumb enough to spend time there, not only can they try and trick them into buying things, most importantly they can try and turn your computer into a zombie pc.

This means they'll post your IP address and you'll begin to see immediate attacks. The managed getting into my computer and set it up to forward spammy emails using my internet connection. Whenever I was online, they began spamming messages and making them appear as if they're coming from my pc.

The people who visit friendsinbusiness are compromising their online security. This forum is not run by an innocent old lady named Maa Maw that wants to save the world. This forum is controlled by spammers with bad intentions.

My advice is to stay far away from the "friendsinbusiness" forum and if you have visited there do the following:

Delete your cookies, clear your cache, delete your temp files, and check to make sure that a loose mail server in California referred to as IANA isn't programmed on your computer as a trusted site.

I noticed that my computer was trying to log onto a 192. IP and I'm not using a router. When you check the ARIN registry, the IP address belongs to IANA in California who's reknown for sending spam.

Watch out for guys like Bill Carton too. It's know-it-all aholes like Bill that are in business to spam you, not prevent you from being spammed. Don't believe everything you read, and when it comes to friendsinbusiness don't believe anything you read on their board.

They make their own posts, and their sole purpose is to try and HACK PEOPLES computers and take them over to send spam.

Friendsinbusiness sends me data mining attachments in my emails every single day. They continue to try and hack my pc on an on going business.

That's nothing but the truth about Friendsinbusiness. Their amazon reviews are fairly accurate, but their scams and illegal activites go much deeper.

Rather than give them a taste of their own medicine and expose them for the true scammers they are, don't waste your time. They've been at this game for years. They can't fool all the people all the time though. I've got so much dirt on these guys they're all looking at serious federal time. These guys have had their fun in the sun and little do they know, they're about to get badly burned.

Bottom line
    Friendsinbusiness is a front for spammers and online hackers.

Friendsinbusiness tried to scam me out of thousands! They wanted to me to purchase The Internet Marketing Course from Derek Gehl who's supposed to know Corey Rudl.

I think that it is a big scam site. There's ads all over their site for surveys and other well known scam sites.

I wish I could find one honest person online that would help me make money. All I can ever find is people trying to sell stuff like those who work at the forum Friendsinbusiness. They try to sell everything!

Friendsinbusiness attacks everyone the minute they visit! Their legal statement looks like they choose to write it themselves.

It wouldn't do to let the truth get in the way of a good story 8-)

Tell the truth and shame the devil - www.friendsinbusiness.com is one of the safer havens online.

In my opinion at least

What's the deal with them posting so fast? Do these people have no life? I think it's 1 person who sits at their computer all day pretending to be a dozen different people. If you post there you get 9 reply's in less
    It's called shilling. Started out in the diploma mill industry, and now every scam artist uses it.
    Never start the day without some skepticism. My absolutely fave sites:
    Subscriber -
    Avid follower-SCAM.COM
    Loyal fan - Shameless
    Moderator - SomethingAwful
    Fanatic -Crank Dot Net
    Proudly, 2300 post Contributor - Epinions Network

Greetings from sunny Texas,

What a strange thread to see but it is not unexpected. It is passingly strange that I have been visiting this board for years and none of this has happened to me? Could it be I live a charmed life or perhaps some of this is a tad exrreme.

I very seldom post so I am not selling anything that I know of right now. Yet no one has tried to sell me anything or even attempt to take over my computer,

In fact, I have used Friends in business to make money simply by reading and doing some of the things stated on the different posts.

I would suggest that when one reads all of this here -- one should go and look for yourself--and then and Fox news proclaims --make up your own mind.

Scoobydoo

Greetings from Go Away You Scammers!

Friendsinbusiness is pure evil and I'll prove it.

Jeremy told me to never go there after someone there sent a virus to attack his computer. He's the second person who's told me this. Word has it, the forums is used as a place for online hackers to meet everyday.

Subtract the 5 star reviews they give themselves and read the actual 1 star reviews their visitors give them and you'll see what I mean.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cus...SubmissionDate

If you need even more proof, watch how many nice things they add about themselves after this post.

Scam.com is the only forum I would use if you want to learn the truth about anything. They don't need to selectively edit their posts, trick people, or hack computers in this forum.

Good Luck To All :)

Friendsinbusiness.com is certainly not the friendliest of forums around, UNLESS you are a member of the local forum clique. However, I have not seen any evidence that they operate scams from this forum.

It is pretty obvious many of the posters have little or no business knowledge. Many of the posters on this thread have accused them of promoting a worthless Internet marketing course. If you are new to Internet marketing, I think the course is a good introduction to Internet Marketing. I would suggest you look on Ebay for one. Many times you can get it a hell of a lot cheaper than buying it brand new. Plus you aren't supporting the forum's owner in the process, which is something I do not recommend.

Simply put, take the time to research anything you read there. The site's main pages on scams in general do provide some useful information. However you will have to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by harcortm
    Friendsinbusiness.com is certainly not the friendliest of forums around, UNLESS you are a member of the local forum clique. However, I have not seen any evidence that they operate scams from this forum.

It is pretty obvious many of the posters have little or no business knowledge. Many of the posters on this thread have accused them of promoting a worthless Internet marketing course. If you are new to Internet marketing, I think the course is a good introduction to Internet Marketing. I would suggest you look on Ebay for one. Many times you can get it a hell of a lot cheaper than buying it brand new. Plus you aren't supporting the forum's owner in the process, which is something I do not recommend.

Simply put, take the time to research anything you read there. The site's main pages on scams in general do provide some useful information. However you will have to do your own research.

Hartcorm I here that its a forum devoted to spamming. look at the stuff people said about them at alexa. It looks like they already got amazon to delete there reviews. Here is a link to what i found about friends in business
    http://www.alexa.com/data/details/ma...nbusiness.com/

Quote Originally Posted by scambuster
    Looks like a way for the site owner to make money. She's reaching for your money with every word she types. She's no better than any other scammer out there.

The forum sucks and I couldn't read more than two posts before I gave up.

Hey common man u can't judge a forum like that, Thats just cruel of you, I could ***** and mone about the scam.coms theme witch i allready have but i put up with it somehow :rolleyes:

Edit: And iff you think about it, Evrey ones advertising by putting links in there signature, Even me, Though i'm not asking for money most of these links go to ebooks and crap, Maby there should be a rule on that to.
    Last edited by fraser; 02-10-2007 at 12:49 AM.

Busted. Friendsinbusiness is based out of California and is engaged in an activity called shilling. Look very close at what they promote. They use multiple screen names and try to appear as if theyre helping visitors when in fact they're tricking them into buying things. Several people are working together. They even make up posts.

It gets even better. No one knows this but Friendsinbusiness is associated with the Rich Jerk and all his websites. Many people don't know but the rich jerk wrote almost every product in the top spot at clickbank. This is why he gives away review sites so you can "review" his programs.

Have you ever wondered my friendsinbusiness never gives any of these Websites that are false advertising, a bad review? They never even discuss them. They are protecting them and trying to eliminate competition.

For all of those who don't understand how the con game works, it is a little complicated and involves a handful of people that think they can cheat the general public. They all work together. They are spammers and scammers.

Some of these people are in this forum right now using different names.

Harrypalmer is associated with friendsinbusiness, the rich jerk, and
    Fraser who is associated with the rich jerk as well. Fraser posted the entire sales pitch to the rich jerk on the scam thread that was under the rich jerk's site. Google has sinced dumped this thread from the index becuase it contained duplicate content, and it can no longer be found in this forum as well. It just magically disappeared. Good job fraser.

Fraser also has a huge picture at the bottom of every post with a web address that you can copy and paste into your browser. If you notice this isn't html, but .php. What is fraser trying to do with .php script, run a program that attacks someone's computer.

The Ukscambuster is working with everyone as well. The Ukscambuster represents "Chris" the "day job killer." The rich jerk and all his little scam helpers are in on this one too.

Attention scammers operating in California and here.

Shilling is an illegal activity in all 50 states. You can do serious jail time and lose even more money than you stole.