+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Are you sponsoring your own competitors?

There is much on here from the anti MLMrs that could be termed 'illogical', from 'saturation' to 'only one person at the top makes all the money' to 'all MLM'rs are either scammers or the scammed', but I thought the best 'illogicality' was the one that occasionally crops up that says: 'when you recruit/sponsor someone, you are signing up a competitor to your own business'.

This can only be stated by someone who doesn't understand how the MLM system works, as in, they don't understand that when you sponsor someone you will be earning a percentage of their purchases/sales as well as of the people they sponsor and the ones they sponsor and so on down the number of levels applicable to the company's compensation plan. As an example, sponsor a good leader and it could be worth 5 or 10 thousand dollars recurring income month after month to you as they build their businesses. Competition? :yelcutelaughA:

This should sum it up:

Find a customer who buys $100 of products every month and earn 30% of that.

Or:

Sponsor and train/mentor a good leader who goes on to build a downline of 1000 distributors all purchasing/selling $100 a month. You earn 10% of $100,000.

Would you like that kind of 'competition'? Yes please! yb:
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Re: Are you sponsoring your own competitors?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    There is much on here from the anti MLMrs that could be termed 'illogical', from 'saturation' to 'only one person at the top makes all the money' to 'all MLM'rs are either scammers or the scammed', but I thought the best 'illogicality' was the one that occasionally crops up that says: 'when you recruit/sponsor someone, you are signing up a competitor to your own business'.

This can only be stated by someone who doesn't understand how the MLM system works, as in, they don't understand that when you sponsor someone you will be earning a percentage of their purchases/sales as well as of the people they sponsor and the ones they sponsor and so on down the number of levels applicable to the company's compensation plan. As an example, sponsor a good leader and it could be worth 5 or 10 thousand dollars recurring income month after month to you as they build their businesses. Competition? :yelcutelaughA:

This should sum it up:

Find a customer who buys $100 of products every month and earn 30% of that.

Or:

Sponsor and train/mentor a good leader who goes on to build a downline of 1000 distributors all purchasing/selling $100 a month. You earn 10% of $100,000.

Good post. Everyone I've ever spoken to wants to build a strong downline for that reason.

"Wag more, bark less."

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Is that sustainable in MLM?

NO.

Not with 99% either quitting or jumping to the next hot scam like clockwork.

Then you go to plan B. Lifestyle Trainin'.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Who can actually do this? The answer is less than 1% of anyone who does MLM. A fraction of a percent. How many in MLM have a $120k/yr income? How many earn well below the $2k/yr average to balance that income to satisfy the average earnings figure?

Poor example to say the least.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Quote Originally Posted by walksthedogs View Post
    Good post. Everyone I've ever spoken to wants to build a strong downline for that reason.

Too bad this doesn't happen in practice. According to the average MLM income figure, 1% or less make a six figure income in MLM. Most are lucky to make a three figure income in MLM.

Joke businesses give joke results.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    Who can actually do this? The answer is less than 1% of anyone who does MLM. A fraction of a percent. How many in MLM have a $120k/yr income? How many earn well below the $2k/yr average to balance that income to satisfy the average earnings figure?

Poor example to say the least.
    The ones who learn the skills and apply them consistently over time.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    Too bad this doesn't happen in practice. According to the average MLM income figure, 1% or less make a six figure income in MLM. Most are lucky to make a three figure income in MLM.

Joke businesses give joke results.
    I wouldn't look at the whole group of people who joined a company, because there is a large number of people who join and do nothing in the business.

If you could remove that large group the percentage would be higher and more accurate, IMO.

"Wag more, bark less."

I wouldn't look at the whole group of people who joined a company, because there is a large number of people who join and do nothing in the business.

If you could remove that large group the percentage would be higher and more accurate, IMO.

Hurrah, a sensible opinion....one I have stated on here many, many times, with BoxAlarm's continual answer being ''99% are failing/losing money''. Ask him what percentage of that 99% are doing anything regarding earning money and he goes dumb.

Here is an excellent explanation:
    1. The 95% failure rate for MLM-Network Marketing is a fraud statistic. Why? Because it is a proven statistic that 70% of the people that join an MLM - Network Marketing company DROP OUT - and that is different from failing. Who has ever sent out a survey asking "Did you fail at MLM- Network Marketing?" No one with any credibility. Just some MLM - Network critics that hate the industry, and their survey's are very suspect (read that as dreamed up).

2. A good MLM - Network Marketing company gives money back (usually 90%) if business kits and/or products/services initial cost are returned within 90 days (some up to one year). So it is a great way to try a business at low or no risk. If it doesn't suit somebody, it is a FREE country and they can drop out. If it were a 40 hour JOB, that would get on your record and you could be penalized for the rest of your life.

So if we subtract the 70% voluntary dropouts from the touted lie of "95% MLM - Network Marketing failure rate," that drops the statistic to 25% failure rate. Hey, that is probably as good as the job failure rate for the general public working 40 hours a week!
    http://www.mlmwatchdog.com/MLM_Is_Good_Directory.html

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Hurrah, a sensible opinion....one I have stated on here many, many times, with BoxAlarm's continual answer being ''99% are failing/losing money''. Ask him what percentage of that 99% are doing anything regarding earning money and he goes dumb.

Here is an excellent explanation:
    It's just another dumb excuse.

Imagine if a real business operated in this fashion. They wouldn't be around long.

That's just more evidence that MLM isn't even close to being a real business....not even close!
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

The ones who learn the skills and apply them consistently over time.
    Hmmmm.......And you are the person who teaches them those skills yet over 95% of your distributors/downline/victims lose money and fail at the business opportunities that you sell them.

What could possibly be wrong with this picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    Hmmmm.......And you are the person who teaches them those skills yet over 95% of your distributors/downline/victims lose money and fail at the business opportunities that you sell them.

What could possibly be wrong with this picture?
    Here we go again, you say ''over 95% of your distributors/downline/victims lose money and fail at the business opportunities that you sell them.''

I then say, ''I've never said this so how would you know how badly, or not, my downline are doing''?

Then you go silent and disappear......mmmm, I wonder why?

Ok, then compare it to any weight loss program. Most people don't implement the plan - they drop out - never achieving their original goal. It takes focus and determination to succeed in business or weight loss. There can be many reasons why a person doesn't lose weight and keep it off - that doesn't make the diet a scam.

"Wag more, bark less."

Ok, then compare it to any weight loss program. Most people don't implement the plan - they drop out - never achieving their original goal. It takes focus and determination to succeed in business or weight loss. There can be many reasons why a person doesn't lose weight and keep it off - that doesn't make the diet a scam.

Exactly. MLM and weight loss programmes have one thing in common, they are easy and inexpensive to get into and get out of.

OUT.....where are you???? :yelcutelaughA:

I then say, ''I've never said this so how would you know how badly, or not, my downline are doing''?
    MLM's results are sadly predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    MLM's results are sadly predictable.
    No they're not, they depend on many things.

No they're not, they depend on many things.
    They depend on many things that people obviously can't or won't do.