+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Death Of A Great Teacher

Last night, June 28th a great light was extinguished, in the passing of Doctor George Addair, founder of the Omega and Delta Vector self-knowledge seminars.

He leaves behind 40,000 plus grateful graduates, who experienced through his love and hard work just where their lives intersected with the choices they make.
    He taught that every human being only has a choice, either conscious or unconscious.

He also taught that real love isn't the stuff of novels. Real love is difficult to experience, because it means that the real human in me must show up to serve and do the work involved, no matter how hard it seems.

He will be missed immensely by humanity, I feel.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Re: The Death Of A Great Teacher

i take it this the teacher you are always referring too in your own case!? :spidey: : :smurf: :
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Yes, lexx. His free seminars have had a great influence on many lives, both in the United States and Canada, and around the world.

The Omega seminars are still going strong since 1978 thriving on love and donations only.

George Addair taught me more about self-reliance, hard love, responsibility, and integrity than anyone else I have ever known.
    But the main thing he taught me was how to experience my self.
    Most people can't think, most of the remainder won't think, the small fraction who do think mostly can't do it very well. The extremely tiny fraction who think regularly, accurately, creatively, and without self-delusion- in the long run these are the only people who count... Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by GHOST DOG View Post
    Yes, lexx. His free seminars have had a great influence on many lives, both in the United States and Canada, and around the world.

The Omega seminars are still going strong since 1978 thriving on love and donations only.

George Addair taught me more about self-reliance, hard love, responsibility, and integrity than anyone else I have ever known.
    But the main thing he taught me was how to experience my self.
    now you've peaked my curiosity i see there are some vids on youtube i will have yo check out!? i just found a website for omega vector!? do you think he was a fully conscious man!? or someone on his way to that state of mind!? :freak3: : :bunny:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

George was more conscious of his place and duty than anyone that I've ever known.

He related to his students that he mostly wanted them to learn to die well.
    This would cause them to live a more effective life, thus influencing those around them.

Once a person learns to die well, the insecurities of life are greatly diminished and they can then focus on living as responsible, loving adults.

George was the most selfless human that I've ever known and he really lived "The Work."
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 07-05-2012 at 09:57 AM.

George was more conscious of his place and duty than anyone that I've ever known.

He related to his students that he mostly wanted them to learn to die well.
    This would cause them to live a more effective life, thus influencing those around them.

Once a person learns to die well, the insecurities of life are greatly diminished and they can then focus on living as responsible, loving adults.

George was the most selfless human that I've ever known and he really lived "The Work."
    why do so many seem to think/say he is forerunner of DR PHIL!? is that an insult!? :freak3: :bah: :yelcutelaughA: :elvis:

I personally do not think this is an insult.

The people that experienced George never envisioned him as any "Dr. Phil."

Personal growth has never been very popular in the past on a national scale, until Oprah Winfrey brought Dr. Phil to the limelight.
    This then raised awareness most everywhere.

Most folks feel that there is absolutely nothing wrong with themselves on the inside; its always the other guy that needs help with his problems.
    The simple truth is everyone comes from a dysfunctional background, which has left it's mark on them and also the others they interact with....some more than others.

George Addair started these types of personal group trainings which are meant to be given freely to these folks. They are never advertised, except by word of mouth.

The Omega Vector and the Delta Vector trainings and Study Groups that I participated in were rigorous, thoroughly challenging, personal, and informational.

Based on love, these trainings are operating on a donation basis only.

This single fact makes the Omega Vector a very unique institution, IMHO.

Lexx, you've got to remember that Dr. Phil is a formatted show of only 1 hour, with multiple breaks for it's sponsors, in which Dr. Phil must lay out the premises of the subject.

IOW, some sponsor is getting a payoff for it's production value, while at the same time, folks are getting help which is free to them.

An Omega seminar is a engaged group seminar with a group consciousness, totally different than a session with Dr. Phil.

In it, the trainee never knows what will occur.

It was an opportunity for me to get myself out of the way, thus allowing reality to happen.

I personally do not think this is an insult.

The people that experienced George never envisioned him as any "Dr. Phil."

Personal growth has never been very popular in the past on a national scale, until Oprah Winfrey brought Dr. Phil to the limelight.
    This then raised awareness most everywhere.

Most folks feel that there is absolutely nothing wrong with themselves on the inside; its always the other guy that needs help with his problems.
    The simple truth is everyone comes from a dysfunctional background, which has left it's mark on them and also the others they interact with....some more than others.

George Addair started these types of personal group trainings which are meant to be given freely to these folks. They are never advertised, except by word of mouth.

The Omega Vector and the Delta Vector trainings and Study Groups that I participated in were rigorous, thoroughly challenging, personal, and informational.

Based on love, these trainings are operating on a donation basis only.

This single fact makes the Omega Vector a very unique institution, IMHO.

Lexx, you've got to remember that Dr. Phil is a formatted show of only 1 hour, with multiple breaks for it's sponsors, in which Dr. Phil must lay out the premises of the subject.

IOW, some sponsor is getting a payoff for it's production value, while at the same time, folks are getting help which is free to them.

An Omega seminar is a engaged group seminar with a group consciousness, totally different than a session with Dr. Phil.

In it, the trainee never knows what will occur.

It was an opportunity for me to get myself out of the way, thus allowing reality to happen.
    so what was your first encounter like!? how did you get convinced to go try it!? :freak3: :yelcutelaughA: :chicken: :

My first encounter was 20 years ago, and it was amazing! For me, it was an "awakening" to a different take on life.
    There were 85 people in my Omega 1 in 1992.

The classes have been much smaller in recent years.
    My wife, (girl friend at the time,) convinced me to go.

We went at different times, but some couples go together.

i watched some vids on youtube and while i dont think they cover the scope of the man i DID come away with a certain POINT that seemed to be MAIN in the WAY of his message!? and that is everyone SEEKS happiness in everything they WILLINGLY do!? i dont know if it is possible to FIND let alone SEEK happiness in things we UNwillingly do!? i mean certainly it is possible given the DEGREE from our USUAL doings we are TAKEN!? and then only more possible by THOSE that accompany us on such a TREK!? does mankind SUFFER from a kind of UNGUIDED living by substituting when NECESSARY rules and laws and lines of demarcation!? and these strictly a PRODUCT of MIND that lacks a certain KNOWLEDGE of TIME!? either by habit/pressure of the PERCEIVED MOMENT and IT'S perceived future CONSEQUENCES!? i am GOOD person if i work, buy, own, and protect and PRESERVE the THINGS of man's MAKING!? :freak3: :crazy1: :judges: :
    Last edited by lexx; 07-14-2012 at 12:29 AM.

i was struck by his FOCUS on the feeling of happiness!? that happiness should be the focus of human life!? as humans we are usually made happy by some expectation of happiness thru the fulfillment of a desire to be in possession of some material object or comfort zone created by objects/machines of our own making!? what could be best described as SENSUAL security/happiness within our changing/potentially LETHAL physical/material environment!?

we are NOT usually focused on the actual state of happiness itself as an INDEPENDENT feeling requiring NO other element/experience/association of our material existence in nature, or even aware that such a STATE of MIND exists, or could POSSIBLY exist!? and cant FATHOM/determine it's VALUE/advantage in relation to happiness/SATISFACTION as we normally PURSUE/experience it!? the ONLY reference we have to such a MINDSTATE is the words and feelings of THOSE who HAVE experienced it and of course the PHILOSOPHICAL/religious LOGIC of such a possibility!? that logic dependent on an EMOTIONAL RECOGNITION!?

i am thinking we can divide happiness into 2 kinds!? that of SATISFACTION and that of NON-satisfaction, a relatively UNknown KIND!? of course we cant really IDENTIFY with the descriptions by WORD unless we have experienced BOTH!? for to propose there is happiness WITHOUT any desire or wish being fulfilled in the material/physical sense would seem IMPOSSIBLE/illogical/ of no REAL value!? strangely enough we can experience such states of mind in moments of contemplation/meditation (rest) and/or on DRUGS/chemicals that somehow allow us to feel this DIFFERENT happiness in some degree or another although NOT allowing us to RETAIN such a state of mind without them!?

it is obvious to most that the pursuit of PURE satisfaction WITHOUT any SENSE of the VALUE of NON-satisfied happiness is what is said to be EVIL and HIDEOUS!? this means we as a race/species/society STILL HAVE a remembrance and indeed some of THOSE who are ACTUALLY living this OTHER happiness!? and their only goal if it can be called that is to teach it to others who realize it's value not just to themselves but to all humanity!? and by teach i mean ALLOW/guide them to FIND IT!? and having separated the word happiness the reality of normal life as we know it is a COMBINATION of the 2!? as long as a balance is preserved we go on to greater and greater material achievements!? but it is the PRESERVATION/PRACTICE of the KNOWLEDGE of NON-satisfied (satisfied APART from material/sensual needs) that is KEY to the SURVIVAL of mankind as we can only REMEMBER/APPRECIATE/ADMIRE such a MIND/FEELING as long as it has a MARKED/NOTED INFLUENCE in our INDIVIDUAL lives!? indeed, the very CAUSE/JOY/HAPPINESS of OUR SHARED existence!? how do we describe this WAY of life amoungst ourselves, simply with 1 word, LOVE!? :madgo: :liefde: :

i was struck by his FOCUS on the feeling of happiness!?
    George would speak at great lengths about how most people pursue happiness at any cost.

He didn't make people wrong for this, he only caused them to wonder to themselves what the reason was why they took happiness so personally, rather than learning to be accepting of a full life experience.

I recall a woman in a training that I staffed.

She raised her hand to speak. She related that she wasn't happy much anymore.

The facilitator asked her what she wanted and she started crying as she stated that she wanted to be happy all of the time.

The facilitator then told her that the only people that are happy all the time are locked up.

IOW, it is perfectly normal for one to be unhappy. When we stay on one side or the other for too long it isn't normal or healthy.

If I could ask George why I shouldn't pursue happiness he would probably state that it is a waste of my precious time; its more important for me to pursue purpose because the most I will ever get from life is contentment, by following purpose.

George would speak at great lengths about how most people pursue happiness at any cost.

He didn't make people wrong for this, he only caused them to wonder to themselves what the reason was why they took happiness so personally, rather than learning to be accepting of a full life experience.

I recall a woman in a training that I staffed.

She raised her hand to speak. She related that she wasn't happy much anymore.

The facilitator asked her what she wanted and she started crying as she stated that she wanted to be happy all of the time.

The facilitator then told her that the only people that are happy all the time are locked up.

IOW, it is perfectly normal for one to be unhappy. When we stay on one side or the other for too long it isn't normal or healthy.

If I could ask George why I shouldn't pursue happiness he would probably state that it is a waste of my precious time; its more important for me to pursue purpose because the most I will ever get from life is contentment, by following purpose.
    ok, what is MEANT by purpose and HOW does 1 express it naturally!? i mean how do we distinguish IMPULSE and PURPOSE if they are different!? : :crazy1: :freak3: :

ok, what is MEANT by purpose and HOW does 1 express it naturally!? i mean how do we distinguish IMPULSE and PURPOSE if they are different!?
    "Be in the world and not of it."
    Are you familiar with this line? Attachment is a natural human condition that we all must deal with, lexx.

Purpose is anything that a person sacrifices their lifetime for in the pursuit of.

Higher purpose is anything a person sacrifices their lifetime for in service to those around them.

Before you can experience higher purpose you must learn to lose attachment to the world around yourself.
    Higher purpose isn't doing things for others, its more of a teaching others to learn to do for themselves by being a living example.
    An example of this would be like talking to a child, or a person in an adult body that acts like a child, as if they were an adult, expecting adult things to come from them. This action subtly puts the impetus on them to be an adult.

It is a very narrow path to walk in order to accomplish this without meddling in other people's lives.

George Addair absolutely accomplished this feat without meddling.

"Be in the world and not of it."
    Are you familiar with this line? Attachment is a natural human condition that we all must deal with, lexx.

Purpose is anything that a person sacrifices their lifetime for in the pursuit of.

Higher purpose is anything a person sacrifices their lifetime for in service to those around them.

Before you can experience higher purpose you must learn to lose attachment to the world around yourself.
    Higher purpose isn't doing things for others, its more of a teaching others to learn to do for themselves by being a living example.
    An example of this would be like talking to a child, or a person in an adult body that acts like a child, as if they were an adult, expecting adult things to come from them. This action subtly puts the impetus on them to be an adult.

It is a very narrow path to walk in order to accomplish this without meddling in other people's lives.

George Addair absolutely accomplished this feat without meddling.
    so are you saying that by your attendance you went from normal purpose to higher purpose!? or somehow combined the 2!? i mean higher purpose implies a DIFFERENT knowledge or a larger SCOPE on things!? when REAL decisions become life STYLE changing!? of course i suppose this is in SCALE/degree according to the EXTENT of the new knowledge attained!? :freak3: : :crazy1: :smurf:

so are you saying that by your attendance you went from normal purpose to higher purpose!?
    No. By my attendance I was exposed to the idea of the two.

i mean higher purpose implies a DIFFERENT knowledge or a larger SCOPE on things!? when REAL decisions become life STYLE changing!? of course i suppose this is in SCALE/degree according to the EXTENT of the new knowledge attained!?
    As is everything in life, it is always a personal choice, conscious or unconscious, that one makes regarding his or her way to "be."

Robert Frost stated it most eloquently in his verse "The Road Not Taken."

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I marked the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way
    I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

George took the road not normally taken. He spent most of his life in service to other beings much like himself.
    Myself and approximately 40,000 other people much like me were exposed to this road by his work.
    A person can only take one path at a time.
    Another poet, Emerson, had this little quote that I love:

Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
    These lines remind me most of George and all that I've learned from him, and haven't learned yet.
    Last edited by GHOST DOG; 07-16-2012 at 03:59 PM.