+ Reply to Thread

Florida Government DABT DBPR (Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco) has hijacked my identity

Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco, Department of Business and Professional Regulation in Tallahassee, Florida has been listing my address as a licensed alcohol dealer in South Carolina. When I notified them they wrote that it was their mistake and that they removed my address from their website and databases, yet my address remains there. Here is some correspondence from them:

June 13, 2012

Good afternoon.

<...>

Good news. It appears as if the incorrect address was in place due to an employee that we had who is no longer with us, and not because of any actions taken by Banknote Wine Company or the distributor that they sell to in Florida. With our new reporting system, each entity reporting has a license or identification number with us. When we record the reported information in our system, if an entity does not have a number, we assign them one. When the wholesaler in Orlando reported purchasing from Banknote, the employee here looked on the web to find an address. Apparently, when doing this, they found your web page when doing a search for “banknote” and typed in your address without verifying it.

I sincerely apologize for any grief that this has caused you in thinking that someone was tampering with your identity. I have asked my current staff to resolve the issue by removing your address and adding the correct address for Banknote Wine Company into our system. We will also put procedures in place to assure that any current employees do not simply put the first address that they find into our system without verifying that it is the correct entity and address. Unfortunately, sometimes you don’t find out about mistakes such as this until an employee leaves or someone contacts you with the issue. Again, I thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks.

~ Marie

Marie Fraher, Chief of Auditing

Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco

Department of Business and Professional Regulation

1940 N. Monroe Street

Tallahassee, FL 32399-1022

marie.fraher@dbpr.state.fl.us

=======================================

June 14, 2012

(Their response to my demand to actually erase my address from their files since I have nothing to do with sales of alcoholic beverages or tobacco)

Good afternoon.

I had hoped that I could answer your questions and give an explanation that would satisfy your dilemma with us. However, as I read through your email below, I find that I do not have the authority to answer your requests. Therefore, I will be forwarding your email to our legal staff.

Thanks.

~ Marie

1940 N. Monroe Street

(850) 717-1136 voice mail

(850) 922-2901 fax

=======================================

June 15, 2012

Good afternoon.

We have taken the reference to your address out of our non-licensed entity list in the on-line records on our web site.

Thanks.

~ Marie

1940 N. Monroe Street

========================================

Today is June 24, 2012

Let's see whether my address P.O. Box 331, North, SC 29112 is still listed with the Florida Licensing website:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient...w=1024&bih=601

Oh yes, it still is! See the very first Google search result there under "Pseudo licenses 05-14-2012". If you click on it and go to the LICENSE # 7901108 you will see it listed there. That's not my business name, not exactly, but it is similar to my website name.

I have never sold any alcohol anywhere in the world. This is an outright identity theft by a government agency (entity) if not a mistake that's NOT been corrected (yet) even if promised.
    Last edited by neonrider; 06-24-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    Says me: "If dirt was money the world would be so much cleaner."

Re: Florida Government DABT DBPR (Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco) has hijacked my ident

CORRECTION: "hijacked my identity" should be replaced with "misused my mailing address".
    Says me: "If dirt was money the world would be so much cleaner."