+ Reply to Thread

The FTC Response To Wil's Letter

FTC Ref# 3845976

Dear Joe:

Thank you for your recent contact to the Federal Trade Commission ("the Commission"). The Federal Trade Commission acts in the public interest to stop business practices that violate the laws it enforces. Contacts from consumers and businesses are very important to the work of the Commission. They are often the first indication of the problem in the marketplace and may provide initial evidence to begin an investigation.

The Commission does not resolve individual complaints. The Commission can however, act when it sees a pattern of possible violations developing.

The information you have provided will be recorded in our secure online database that is used by thousands of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies worldwide. This database enables law enforcement to identify questionable business practices that may lead to investigations and prosecutions.

Thank you for providing information that may be used to develop or support Commission enforcement initiatives.

Sincerely Yours,

Consumer Support Center

Re: The FTC Response To Wil's Letter

thanks for posting that.... you do realize that the response would have been the same had you submitted the following letter....

"klasdfj lasdkfj sdlak l;asdfj l;asdfj ;sl ajl;asj foervj al;kv l;ajk v;klasjv ;lskf9o"

don't post robo-responses. sheesh.
    I'm not selling anything, so I don't need links in my signature to for-profit ventures. You really should question the intentions of those here that have them, as they are generally advertising, not informing.

And that's why this whole business with the FTC and MLM is little more than a running joke.

"Dear (insert name of person we don't care about),

What you wrote us didn't matter, and probably wasn't even read by a human. However, here's a few short lines of BS to pretend like you matter and like we are actually doing something that benefits you."

And I of course LOVE their parting comment:"Sincerely Yours,

Consumer Support Center"

Wow, just in case the body of their message wasn't cold and generic enough, they sign off with Consumer Support Center. How many buildings do you know that write letters? A class act this FTC. I tell you.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    And that's why this whole business with the FTC and MLM is little more than a running joke.

"Dear (insert name of person we don't care about),

What you wrote us didn't matter, and probably wasn't even read by a human. However, here's a few short lines of BS to pretend like you matter and like we are actually doing something that benefits you."

And I of course LOVE their parting comment:"Sincerely Yours,

Consumer Support Center"

Wow, just in case the body of their message wasn't cold and generic enough, they sign off with Consumer Support Center. How many buildings do you know that write letters? A class act this FTC. I tell you.

You better start a ''FTC is a scam'' thread and start whinging and crying about them then. Its a hard life being an ''expert scambuster'' isn't it...and unpaid too! :yelcutelaughA:
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    You better start a ''FTC is a scam'' thread and start whinging and crying about them then. Its a hard life being an ''expert scambuster'' isn't it...and unpaid too! :yelcutelaughA:
    I don't think the FTC is a scam. However, if a consumer makes a legitimate complaint about a company that is violating the law, it should be addressed to that individual by an individual.

If I report a crime to the cops, an actual cop with a name will drive to my home, take my full name, and file an official report. What they WON'T do is shoot me an email that says: "To whom it may concern, we are aware that crimes take place and that they are bad. We are doing everything we can to prevent crime.

Sincerely,
    The Police Station"
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.