+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Team

The Team

My sister-in-law is trying to get me to come to a meeting about a new business opportunity. All she would tell me was the name was "The Team" and you make money buying products monthly "that you use anyway" and I assume by recruiting others to do the same. I did a search and found a website www.the-team.biz which doesn't tell much except info about the founders, Orwin Woodward and Chris Brady and links to their sites. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about them or the company "the team"?

Re: The Team

I don't know about the team... but I went to that website and there was a showcase product called "caffeine-free root beer blast" .... well not only was caffeine listed as an ingredient, but so was acesulfame potassium, which isn't the best thing for you in the world (there's a possibility it causes cancer... see this thread for more info http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=12510&page=1).

I don't know... but that just wouldn't sit well with me. I have to wonder what their other products are like.
    I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

Quote Originally Posted by nlgaddy
    My sister-in-law is trying to get me to come to a meeting about a new business opportunity. All she would tell me was the name was "The Team" and you make money buying products monthly "that you use anyway" and I assume by recruiting others to do the same. I did a search and found a website www.the-team.biz which doesn't tell much except info about the founders, Orwin Woodward and Chris Brady and links to their sites. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about them or the company "the team"?

It is Quixtar/Amway - the grandaddy of the MLM "scheme". It is typical of all MLM people that they do not tell you upfront what the name is or what it is really about - why? because then most sane people would not bother to go.

Tell your sister in law she should read "Merchants of Deception" and find out who she is working for and promoting.

You might also point out that any organization that is so ashamed of its roots that it has to lie about what it is - may not be the best thing to get involved with.

I looked at the company and told them I wanted to use their package to buy a truck. It took a long time to get the all of the info. They promised huge discounts. The deal they offered was 2000 under invoice plus 850 shipping plus 795 membership and 1000 down and a 14 to 16 week delivery time on my truck. That was about invoice price. I told them ok where do I go to get my truck and they said they could not tell me that until I was a member and paid them 795. I think this is NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Since then I have gone back to my local dealer and told them I woukd give them 1000 down and would be willing to wait 3 months for my truck. I said if I did this would they sale me the truck at a couple hundred back of invoice. THEY SAID ALL DAY ANY DAY ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 858+795=1645 HMMMMMMM 350 under invoice.
    Guess what they are going to give me a nice chunk for my truck now. As far as the outher savings I figure I would have to buy at least 250 of what ever to even save the 25 per month that I would be paying them. Not to mention the fact I have to get it all off the computer. Do the math and look around. I see the only people doing good here are the ones selling the package. Beleave me thats how I ran into this because of someone talking about how they made 6000 selling this garbage to fools.
    KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND DONT FALL FOR ALL THE HYPE. There are all kinds of internet sited where you get discounts and they are FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! I JUST THINK THIS ISW NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you totally research everything as these MLM things are oftern very dodgy - 99% of the time!

Please make sure that you don't get TEAM confused with Team National. These are 2 totally different businesses.