+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Is it better to Jump w\ current downline to a new?

Or Jump to a new one.

If I was a veteran MLMer, I would suggest and strongly promote jumping to the "new" mlm scam.

Get in quick, make money, and move on.
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Re: Is it better to Jump w\ current downline to a

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Or Jump to a new one.

If I was a veteran MLMer, I would suggest and strongly promote jumping to the "new" mlm scam.

Get in quick, make money, and move on.
    You mean like from Send out cards to Vitamark to Wikaniko?

Retiring on residual income is a myth. Any MLM company can experience significant atrophy or go out of business altogether. Having your retirement income rely on a single company, and a downline that you have limited control over is foolish, to say the least. It's analagous to having your 401k invested 100% in company stock.That stock's price could take a dump, or the company could go out of business altogether, wiping out your retirement nut. MLM retirement residuals are subject to a similar fate. It's too unreliable and unstable.

The forward thinkers in MLM search for a young company to start in, build a downline, and jump with their downline when the growth slows. Rinse, wash, repeat. MLM downline profit growth must experience diminishing returns over time. I've yet to see an example of an MLM distributorship that can sustain it's initial growth and profitability over the long term. As such, jumping with downline is practiced as a matter of necessity. Otherwise, the profitability curve will flatten over time. When that happens, it's difficult to impossible to recruit and retain downlines. This is when the churn occurs in grand fashion.

MLM jumping with downlines is no different than growing a business, going public, selling all their shares, then starting another company to repeat the process. Robert Kiyosaki wrote about this (taking companies public repeatedly) in one of his books. You're abandoning the company for another company with current growth potential. The MLM company's profit is with sales and membership fees. The distributor's profit is with growing their downline systematically while going from company to company.

Regardless, you have to actively manage your business. If you walk away from it and intend to live off of the residuals, the downline will decay over time, if not altogether if the company goes out of business.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    Retiring on residual income is a myth. Any MLM company can experience significant atrophy or go out of business altogether. Having your retirement income rely on a single company, and a downline that you have limited control over is foolish, to say the least. It's analagous to having your 401k invested 100% in company stock.That stock's price could take a dump, or the company could go out of business altogether, wiping out your retirement nut. MLM retirement residuals are subject to a similar fate. It's too unreliable and unstable.
    There are companies over 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years old these days, with one over 70 years old.

The forward thinkers in MLM search for a young company to start in, build a downline, and jump with their downline when the growth slows. Rinse, wash, repeat. MLM downline profit growth must experience diminishing returns over time. I've yet to see an example of an MLM distributorship that can sustain it's initial growth and profitability over the long term. As such, jumping with downline is practiced as a matter of necessity. Otherwise, the profitability curve will flatten over time. When that happens, it's difficult to impossible to recruit and retain downlines. This is when the churn occurs in grand fashion.
    The ''forward thinkers'' these days are joining older, stable companies. There is no advantage to joining new companies these days, so many go bust. Much better to join a more stable company where all the early problems have been ironed out.

MLM jumping with downlines is no different than growing a business, going public, selling all their shares, then starting another company to repeat the process. Robert Kiyosaki wrote about this (taking companies public repeatedly) in one of his books. You're abandoning the company for another company with current growth potential. The MLM company's profit is with sales and membership fees. The distributor's profit is with growing their downline systematically while going from company to company.
    MLM companies make almost all their profits from the monthly sales of products, not signing up/membership fees.

Regardless, you have to actively manage your business. If you walk away from it and intend to live off of the residuals, the downline will decay over time, if not altogether if the company goes out of business.
    Depends how you build your business. If you look for and build leaders they will eventually work independently of you.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    There are companies over 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years old these days, with one over 70 years old.
    The ''forward thinkers'' these days are joining older, stable companies. There is no advantage to joining new companies these days, so many go bust. Much better to join a more stable company where all the early problems have been ironed out.
    MLM companies make almost all their profits from the monthly sales of products, not signing up/membership fees.
    Depends how you build your business. If you look for and build leaders they will eventually work independently of you.
    What company have you been 'building your business' with for more than ten years? We know that you have been involved with MLM for longer than that, so you must have some successful MLM projects under your belt with residual income.

Or have you been lying all of these years?

Quote Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
    What company have you been 'building your business' with for more than ten years? We know that you have been involved with MLM for longer than that, so you must have some successful MLM projects under your belt with residual income.

Yes, I have thanks.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Yes, I have thanks.
    No answer to the first question?

Or did you answer the second question about whether you have been lying for over ten years affirmatively?

No answer to the first question?
    No.

Or did you answer the second question about whether you have been lying for over ten years affirmatively?
    Look closer at my answer.... I ''bolded'' the part I was answering.

No.
    Look closer at my answer.... I ''bolded'' the part I was answering.
    What are the names of the companies for your answer? Vitamark? Wikaniko? Send Out Cards? Which of these qualifies for the answer?

Or are they imaginary companies like the new one you are building?

What are the names of the companies for your answer? Vitamark? Wikaniko? Send Out Cards? Which of these qualifies for the answer?

Or are they imaginary companies like the new one you are building?
    Wouldn't you like to know.... :

These companies may have been around for up to 50 years, but the average distributor compensation has not risen. That's the problem. That's the differencebetween owning shares in the company, and being a distributor in the company.

If MLM companies made almost all of their profit from sales, they would not have to charge start-up and on-going fees. It would behoove them not to do this, since the cost may be prohibitive to some, who would otherwise have purchsed product, even if it were only for one time. every dollar counts. This is clearly not the case. It's more the rule than the exception that you pay start-up and on-going fees to become/remain a distributor. It's no different than Costco charging a yearly membership to save money on products that you already use, buy buying at a discount through them. I've seen fees as high as $500, like what you see in ACN.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    These companies may have been around for up to 50 years, but the average distributor compensation has not risen. That's the problem. That's the differencebetween owning shares in the company, and being a distributor in the company.

If MLM companies made almost all of their profit from sales, they would not have to charge start-up and on-going fees. It would behoove them not to do this, since the cost may be prohibitive to some, who would otherwise have purchsed product, even if it were only for one time. every dollar counts. This is clearly not the case. It's more the rule than the exception that you pay start-up and on-going fees to become/remain a distributor. It's no different than Costco charging a yearly membership to save money on products that you already use, buy buying at a discount through them. I've seen fees as high as $500, like what you see in ACN.
    Many companies have no start up fees at all these days, Amway in the UK for example, and no on going fees.
    The company I'm with has a start up fee of less than $40 (one off) and no ongoing fees.....the starter kits have to be at cost, or very near, to avoid a red flag with the authorities, therefore they are making their profits from product sales.
    If you want low start up costs, there is now a huge choice these days....most from zero to $50.

Many companies have no start up fees at all these days, Amway in the UK for example, and no on going fees.
    Amway dropped the fees after nearly being shut down by the UK's regulatory agency.

Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time
    Yes, I have thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    Amway dropped the fees after nearly being shut down by the UK's regulatory agency.
    Good to see we agree then....Amway is making their money from the sales of products.

Good to see we agree then....Amway is making their money from the sales of products.
    But Amway is not the distributor force.

Quote Originally Posted by Joecool44 View Post
    But Amway is not the distributor force.
    The distributor force is the method by which the products are sold.