+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

YOU can SAVE a SOLDIER'S LIFE.. $71 BUYS PROTECTIVE HELMET KIT.. DO IT NOW>>

HI EVERYONE :)

I saw the story about this helmet kit on CNN. Our government WILL NOT supply these kits for our troops in Iraq & Afganistan. The company that manufactures them is OUT OF MONEY & NEEDS OUR HELP....

I'm sure you have heard the stories of our troops suffering severe brain injuries, sometimes resulting in death, due to lack of protection their helmets provide.

Here's your chance to do something very important for our soldiers... The following link will take you to the Operation Helmet website, where you can purchase a kit that will be sent to a soldier who has requested one and is currently on a backlogged waiting list. The cost is $71.00 - which, in my opinion, is a very small price to pay for the life of a soldier...

www.OperationHelmet.org

BTW - If you CANNOT AFFORD to buy a kit - you can make a contribution of ANY dollar amount - $5 - $10 - $20 - WHATEVER you can give will help...

The website provides all the info.

I hope you will go there and DO IT NOW...

Here is the description of the helmet kit:

OPERATION HELMET provides helmet upgrade kits free of charge to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as to those ordered to deploy in the near future. These helmet upgrades do three primary things:

Protection - Shock-absorbing pads keep the helmet from slapping the skull when hit with blast forces, fragments, or being tumbled along the ground or inside a vehicle. This decreases the chance of brain injury from bombs, RPG's, vehicle accidents, falls, etc.

Comfort - If it is more comfortable, it will stay on troop's head longer and more often.

Stability - Keeps the helmet firmly on the head and out of the eyes.

The life you save might save another!

Thanks for helping.....
    Susan
    Last edited by Connecticut Victim; 09-05-2006 at 06:10 AM.

Re: YOU can SAVE a SOLDIER'S LIFE.. $71 BUYS PROTECTIVE HELMET KIT.. DO IT NOW>>

I think I better save them from their sergeant majors for wearing the wrong helmet! :p

Anyway a helmet is a helmet. Bullet is a bullet. Bullet penetrate helmet. So whats the point?

Go ranger and wear jungle hat FOR THE WIN!! :D
    Last edited by RememberMyName; 09-05-2006 at 07:42 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

Re: YOU can SAVE a SOLDIER'S LIFE.. $71 BUYS PROTECTIVE HELMET KIT.. DO IT NOW>>

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMyName
    I think I better save them from their sergeant majors for wearing the wrong helmet! :p

Anyway a helmet is a helmet. Bullet is a bullet. Bullet penetrate helmet. So whats the point?

Go ranger and wear jungle hat FOR THE WIN!! :D
    RMN...

So... you think soldiers' blast force brain injuries and deaths are something to make jokes about = :p :D

That's PATHETIC ------

CV

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Victim
    RMN...

So... you think soldiers' blast force brain injuries and deaths are something to make jokes about = :p :D

That's PATHETIC ------

CV
    ARMY HAS A CREED THAT STATE EVERY MEN HAS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF AND WELL EQUIPPED IN TERMS OF THEIR WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENTS BY THEIR COMMANDERS. US ARMY AS FAR AS I KNOW HAS THE BEST LINE OF EQUIPMENTS AND THERE IS A REASON WHY OTHER COUNTRIES ARE IMPORTING AND EQUIPPING THEIR OWN ARMY WITH OUR EQUIPMENTS.

IF THE ABOVE CREED IS VOID OR NEGLECTED, NO AMOUNT OF CASH OR EFFORT CAN SAVE OUR SOLIDER. BUT THANKFULLY, THE ABOVE IS STILL NOT VOID OR NEGLECTED AND THE ONLY CLAIM OF IT, IS FROM PROFITERS.
    Last edited by RememberMyName; 09-06-2006 at 07:27 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

I saw the story about this helmet kit on CNN. Our government WILL NOT supply these kits for our troops in Iraq & Afganistan. The company that manufactures them is OUT OF MONEY & NEEDS OUR HELP....

I'm sure you have heard the stories of our troops suffering severe brain injuries, sometimes resulting in death, due to lack of protection their helmets provide.

Here's your chance to do something very important for our soldiers... The following link will take you to the Operation Helmet website, where you can purchase a kit that will be sent to a soldier who has requested one and is currently on a backlogged waiting list. The cost is $71.00 - which, in my opinion, is a very small price to pay for the life of a soldier...

www.OperationHelmet.org

BTW - If you CANNOT AFFORD to buy a kit - you can make a contribution of ANY dollar amount - $5 - $10 - $20 - WHATEVER you can give will help...

OPERATION HELMET provides helmet upgrade kits free of charge to troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as to those ordered to deploy in the near future. These helmet upgrades do three primary things:

Protection - Shock-absorbing pads keep the helmet from slapping the skull when hit with blast forces, fragments, or being tumbled along the ground or inside a vehicle. This decreases the chance of brain injury from bombs, RPG's, vehicle accidents, falls, etc.

Comfort - If it is more comfortable, it will stay on troop's head longer and more often.

Thanks for helping.....
    Susan
    so WHY cant a SOLDIER devote HIS OWN PAY to own same you PATHETIC SUSAN OF a LOSER!?hehe!!just askin!?hehe!!

Would this helmet have protected the second round of Canadian soldiers who were straifed by US forces yesterday? I'm not blaming, we must have a better game plan than this!?! Sons, brothers, fathers, mothers, sisters, daughters...........
    I have had enough of this sorrow. There must be a better way ....and I'm absolutely sure it is not a helmet...........
    ConVic - I know your heart is in the right place. Maybe today is just too darn sad for me...........................

lexx - pm me (sorry for interrupting the thread)

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMyName
    ARMY HAS A CREED THAT STATE EVERY MEN HAS TO BE TAKEN CARE OF AND WELL EQUIPPED IN TERMS OF THEIR WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENTS BY THEIR COMMANDERS. US ARMY AS FAR AS I KNOW HAS THE BEST LINE OF EQUIPMENTS AND THERE IS A REASON WHY OTHER COUNTRIES ARE IMPORTING AND EQUIPPING THEIR OWN ARMY WITH OUR EQUIPMENTS.

Obviously, you don't know. You need to research the brain injuries our soldiers are suffering.

IF THE ABOVE CREED IS VOID OR NEGLECTED, NO AMOUNT OF CASH OR EFFORT CAN SAVE OUR SOLIDER. BUT THANKFULLY, THE ABOVE IS STILL NOT VOID OR NEGLECTED AND THE ONLY CLAIM OF IT, IS FROM PROFITERS.
    Is it so hard to believe that there are people in this country who are simply trying to help our troops? Did you even look at the Operation Helmet website?

On this same CNN program, there was the Mother of a fallen soldier who has set up an organization in honor of her son. She accepts donations to send care packages to the troops. I suppose you think that she is taking advantage of her son's death. Shame on her for helping, huh.. :rolleyes:

Geez.... what the fvck is your problem?

CV

Conn Vic - I'm feeling a little left out - Have you no "words of wisdom" for me?

Quote Originally Posted by lexx
    so WHY cant a SOLDIER devote HIS OWN PAY to own same you PATHETIC SUSAN OF a LOSER!?hehe!!just askin!?hehe!!
    Good to see you too lexx... ;)
    Do you still have that gallon of milk on your porch?? just askin!? hehe!!

:) Susan

BTW - to answer your question... they're paying with their lives - that's enough - don't ya think??

Yo Susan !!! I would love to buy helmets for Canadian Soldiers - seems our cousins to the south have a little problem with identification - straifing our butts - twice now!! Do these "helmets" come in "colors"? I would like the afghan color please......

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Conn Vic - I'm feeling a little left out - Have you no "words of wisdom" for me?
    Hi Linda :)

I wish I could say SOMETHING to ease your pain, but I don't know what that would be. We are in the same boat here - losing the precious lives of men and women that we, in most cases, do not know personally, but still feel a very close connection to. It's hard.

I share the pain that you feel, and the sense of helplessness to do something that will stop this horrific loss of life. Getting away from this forum for a while helped some. Because, as you know, trying to reason with some of the members here is like banging your head against a brick wall! They just don't get it, and my tolerance for their stupidity ran out! I had to regroup!

Since I've been away from here, I have been getting more involved in doing things that help our troops. I can't bring them home, so the next best thing has been to help in any way I can to make their tour of duty as easy on them as possible, and to honor the ones who have died. That's why I posted this thread. I think every soldier should have one of these kits to put in their helmet. I believe it really does help to protect them from brain injuries, but whether it does or not doesn't even matter. Because I know it can't hurt anything, and they feel better knowing that it's there....

In response to your original post here. No, a more secure helmet would not have helped in the tragedy that happened over the weekend. Again, I don't know what to say. Try doing something to honor the lives that were lost, Linda - it might help you deal with it all...

It's good to see you :)
    Susan

Truly, I have not suffered the loss of a loved one, lately. I'm loathe to admit, that today, I would withdraw all of our people, build a wall around the whole mess and forget them - not a very caring christian thought, I know...
    ...today, I wondered why God would bother with mankind at all, except........
    First day of jr. high for my daughter, today - the world is full of possibilties for her and her friends (and fraught with the problems of growing up)...trivial, perhaps.... but, it does lift my heart.....to the possibilties........

Please forgive my harsh words to you. Bad day - it's no excuse. Every serviceman should have the very best protective equipment available - helmet or other. Why isn't it standard equipment?

www.OperationHelmet.org

Thanks for helping.....
    Susan
    If the Gov. stopped giving everything away to Israel, they would not need collections for US soldiers.
    If you beleive Israel is not the bad guy. If you want the truth. Watch this video.
    Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land

Tony..............................A New Begining.............................George

Quote Originally Posted by linda49
    Yo Susan !!! I would love to buy helmets for Canadian Soldiers - seems our cousins to the south have a little problem with identification - straifing our butts - twice now!! Do these "helmets" come in "colors"? I would like the afghan color please......
    That would be yellow, same color as the French army helmet
    Originally posted by Americanadian
    Palin: Omit the "i" and you're left with "Pain".

Quote Originally Posted by franKg
    That would be yellow, same color as the French army helmet
    Just like the stripe that runs down your back!:rolleyes:
    If you beleive Israel is not the bad guy. If you want the truth. Watch this video.
    Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land

Tony..............................A New Begining.............................George