+ Reply to Thread

Catholics Sue Government Over Health Care

43 Catholitic Institutions are suing the Government with this contraceptives. They are against the birth control mandate. Once again these the evil Catholic church is focusing their energy in the wrong direction.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (The Blaze/AP) In the latest flap surrounding a contentious mandate, the University of Notre Dame is joining dioceses, among other institutions, in suing Obama administration officials over the requirement that most employers cover birth control.
    This is the second major development to occur surrounding the mandate in recent days. Last Wednesday, Franciscan University, a Catholic institution in Steubensville, Ohio, claimed that Obamacare has forced the school to end its student heath insurance program. The massive health care overhaul, the university says, has led to cost increases that no longer make offering the program a viable possibility.
    Study: 98% of Catholic women used contraception

Do you believe this hypocracy?

Take away all their tax breaks, screw them. Let's really do seperation of church and state, and tax these ungrateful bastards. Teach them a lesson they will never forget. I'd get every kid ever molested and sue the Vatican for 10 Trillion Dollars!

LogicallyYours is offline Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.

Re: Catholics Sue Government Over Health Care

Well, if an organization receives or takes federal monies, they should be subject to the Health Care rules.

oh, look!

Notre Dame receives over $34 million in stimulus funds

Tuesday, May 22nd, 2012

As part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), the University of Notre Dame received $34.7 million to support 29 different research initiatives. Notre Dame is the single largest recipient of stimulus dollars in St. Joseph County, where funds dispersed totaled just over $150 million.

The majority of the $787 billion distributed as part of the ARRA were intended to create jobs and promote investment and consumer spending. However, the portion Notre Dame received was part of $21.5 billion doled out by Congress for research and development spending.
    "Religion is a heavy suitcase: all you have to do is put it down."
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I have read the bible...more than once. I was not impressed nor was I so moved to give up my ability to think for myself and surrender my knowledge of facts for the unfounded belief in a mythical sky-fairy." - Me.

GREAT POINT! WOW...UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS!

Why bite the hand that feeds you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sviat View Post
    43 Catholitic Institutions are suing the Government with this contraceptives. They are against the birth control mandate. Once again these the evil Catholic church is focusing their energy in the wrong direction.

Study: 98% of Catholic women used contraception

Do you believe this hypocracy?
    They have lots of hypocracy.

However, is it the church being hypocritical or are Catholics being hypocritical?

There churches opinion has been very clear on these things and I can appreaciate how they are sticking to there guns.

It would be in fact very hypocritical if they changed there mind based on who pays them the most. They are not a business or at least shouldn't be.

That being said. I fully support stripping there funding.

The goverment is not providing them funding so that they can only look after catholics or people who act catholic. The goverment is providing them funding to look after everyone and if they can't do that than maybe we should find someone who can.

Ask any woman who they are mad at.
    The church.

The government is only putting out Catholic and Republican fires. The people stirring up S H I T!