+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

911- The inside job?

Was 911 an inside job?

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - They wore T-shirts asking "What Really Happened?," snapped up DVDs titled "9/11; The Great Illusion," and cheered as physicists, philosophers and terrorism experts decried the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks that shook America to its core.

Some 1,200 people gathered at a Los Angeles hotel on the weekend for what organizers billed as the largest conference on the plethora of conspiracy theories that see the 2001 attacks on Washington and New York as, at best, official negligence, and at worst an orchestrated U.S. attempt to incite world war.

"There are so many prominent people who are incredibly well-respected who have stated that the evidence is overwhelming that 9/11 was an inside job," syndicated radio talk show host Alex Jones told a news conference.

"There are hundreds of smoking guns that people need to be made aware of," said Jones, calling for the impeachment of President George W. Bush and charging that mainstream media had been slow to cover the growing movement of 9/11 skeptics.

The "9/11 and the Neo-Con Agenda" conference comprised two days of seminars, video presentations and talks by groups including "Scholars for 9/11 Truth," www.infowars.com and an appearance by actor Charlie Sheen.

Most are convinced the U.S. military command "stood down" on the day of the attack, that the hijackers were trained at American military bases, and that the World Trade Center towers collapsed because of a series of controlled explosions set before they were hit by two hijacked planes.

Suggested motives range from expected benefits for U.S. arms and oil conglomerates to revolutionary plans for a new world order headed by the United States.

The theories, derided by critics as wild and far-fetched, have mostly been confined to the Internet, talk radio and the alternative press.

But an August 2004 Zogby opinion poll revealed 49 percent of New York City residents believed U.S. leaders knew in advance of the attacks and failed to act.

The official 9/11 Commission, set up in 2002, cited government intelligence lapses in the failure to prevent the attacks by al Qaeda that killed about 3,000 people.

A 10,000-page investigation by the National Institute of Standards and Technology held that jet-fuel fires weakened the structure of the Twin Towers and led to their collapse.

'BAD THINGS HAPPENING'
    [Charlie] Sheen, star of the TV sitcom "Two and a Half Men," provoked a media storm in March by calling in interviews for an independent investigation.

Sheen "brings the movement some legitimacy. He gives it a face," said a Los Angeles student attending the conference who gave his name as Rico.

"Rational, well-educated people are starting to take a look at all this and are seeing there are some pretty bad things happening," Rico added.

Webster Tarpley, author of "911 Synthetic Terror; Made in USA," said the Sept. 11 attacks were an example of "state-sponsored, false-flag terrorism" designed by rogue CIA elements "to start the war of civilizations."

Tarpley said Washington was "gripped by war psychosis" and had used terror as a pretext to turn the United States into a police state.

-30-
    At least 15 videocameras were present. A panel discussion was held on Sunday morning for C-Span, featuring Alex Jones, Prof. Steven Jones, Webster Tarpley, Prof. Jim Fetzer and Lt. Col. Bob Bowman. The speakers seemed to vie with each other in pulling no punches, and their remarks were so hard-hitting, not to say explosive, that they may have overstepped the prevailing narrow limits on freedom of the press. Can C-Span air this without starting a revolution? we wondered. In fact, the panel was set to be broadcast on C-Span by midweek, but had not been by week's end.
    The Reuters story above has also been totally blacked out of the "mainstream" US-UK media. Not the squint that's fit to print.

Re: 911- The inside job?

I am going to the BBC when I have finished this note, and give them this article.

And the Times, Guardian, Independant, Mail, Express, all of em!

phukk this!!!
    If you beleive Israel is not the bad guy. If you want the truth. Watch this video.
    Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land

Tony..............................A New Begining.............................George

Quote Originally Posted by AnarchicOldGit
    I am going to the BBC when I have finished this note, and give them this article.

And the Times, Guardian, Independant, Mail, Express, all of em!

phukk this!!!
    There is enough evidence and unanswered questions, that the case for Treason should at least be investigated. I have posted this article and others like it on numerous forums, hoping if enough people do the same, it will draw attention from the right people. I will be posting other articles and videos on these forums as well.
    Last edited by gools68; 09-04-2006 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gools68
    There is enough evidence and unanswered questions, that the case for Treason should at least be investigated. I have posted this article and others like it on numerous forums, hoping if enough people do the same, it will draw attention from the right people. I will be posting other articles and videos on these forums as well.
    Just got back from BBC, waiting for the knock on the door now.
    If you beleive Israel is not the bad guy. If you want the truth. Watch this video.

Tony..............................A New Begining.............................George

By David Ruppe
    ABC News

N E W Y O R K, May 1, 2001 In the early 1960s, America's top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba's then new leader, communist Fidel Castro.

America's top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: "We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba," and, "casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation."

The documents show "the Joint Chiefs of Staff drew up and approved plans for what may be the most corrupt plan ever created by the U.S. government," writes Bamford.
    Last edited by gools68; 09-04-2006 at 09:56 PM.

So if the Government had plans to do this before, whos to say that Bush wasnt trying to drum up support for war in Iraq. I believe at the very least that Bush new about 911 beforehand and allowed it to happen. Source
    Last edited by gools68; 09-04-2006 at 10:39 PM.

THE NOTSEE PARTY

By Kenyon Gibson

Growing up in the Homeland, I was made aware not only of the history of the United States, but of my own family's involvement, from those who supported George Washington and those who supported George H.W. Bush. In fact, a photograph of the latter hung on the wall at my grandparent's house, signed by George himself, a detail which I noticed one day. As I queried the reason for the personal touch, I found out that my grandmother had in fact worked for Bush when he was a Congressman in Texas...not surprising, as my grandfather was in the oil business, and has spent many years not only in Texas but in the Middle East. However, the relationship with the Bushes was not something of which they were proud; they let me know in few words that the man was not someone with whom they wished to associate.

Later in life, I have had the opportunity to meet with members of this family, and I have come to the same conclusion; they are not people with whom I would wish to associate, and I am in fact appreciative of the decision of my grandparents, though at the time it seemed a waste. One comes to respect the decisions of one’s elders as one grows older.

Even had I not been in such a position to observe this famous clan, there is an abundance of evidence, including US government record, that would give any me reason to steer clear of these figures. The confiscation of Prescott Bush’s shares in Nazi companies on 20 October, 1942 might be a good start, but certainly not the end, of such research. Prescott in fact greatly aided the Nazi war effort and continued to aid them after October, 1942. Perhaps his son, George H.W. Bush also aided the Axis powers, when he bailed out of a plane over Chi Chi Jima, leaving his two fellow Americans to die in flames. Bush was the pilot, and by jumping out first, left them with no chance to parachute. This was observed quite clearly by Sgt Chester Mierzejewski, who recalled the facts when Bush tried to proclaim himself a hero.

Chi Chi Jima is only a few miles from the famous Iwo Jima, and it was while the US Marines were fighting tooth and nail for that island that another family member was in some proximity to Bush; Gen Howard N. Kenyon, who won the Navy Cross for his valour. Where was Bush while over ten-thousand US Marines were getting killed and wounded? He was back in the Homeland, benefiting from the security of the many country clubs on the East Coast. Bush, unlike most of the soldiers in the war, had even gotten twenty days rest and relaxation when in the Pacific, he was able to savour the beaches of Hawaii before going home to get married and savour the beaches in Virginia. What a hero.

The stench of this did manage to blow over, and ultimately Prescott Bush became a Senator, being appointed after losing an election in Connecticut. Prescott stayed in politics for a decade, and ended up being Pres Eisenhower’s favorite golfing partner. It was this President who drew up the famous Operation Northwoods. What was Northwoods? It was a plan to have a US civilian plane hijacked and have the hijacking blamed on Cubans. Eisenhower was not just a petty schemer, he had the details amazingly well drawn up, including the use of real Cubans to perform acts of terror so that it would be seen by impartial witnesses as a genuine act of Cuban terrorists. It is interesting to note that some of this was to be done at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Station, which had been leased to the US after another act of terrorism had been falsely blamed on terrorists in 1898; the sinking of the USS Maine, which was claimed by the notorious William Randolph Hearst as an act of Spanish terrorism.

These plans were approved unanimously by the five Joint Chiefs of Staff, including Gen Lyman L. Lemnitzer, but were disapproved by President John F. Kennedy. We perhaps will never know who exactly had Kennedy killed, but ABC, partly owned by Bush buddie Warren Buffet, assures us that there was no conspiracy, so I guess we don’t need to look at what any of the Bushes were doing that day. Kennedy’s lips were sealed, and so were the records of Operation Northwoods. Only a handful of people knew about them, among them Robert Strange MacNamara, who was to be US ambassador to the UK. It was he who asked the British to 'pay the blood price' when the US got involved in the Vietnam War.

Good job the British told him NO. That war dragged on for a decade, only to be stopped when LIFE featured the photograph of a ten-year-old child burning from napalm. This was not the only act of cowardly atrocity that the US committed, and it emerged that the US military was in there doing this quite often. But how could they have gotten away with it for so long?

To answer that we must look at the real psychology of war, which is that it matters not who wins or loses, but how long one can keep playing, and how much money can be made per day as Brown & Root, Du Pont, Lockheed Martin and others make a killing on killing. History tells us this fact, but there are those who do not see. Why? Because, like the Nazis in the 1930s, they find it their duty to not see. So when laws are broken, when Agent Orange is poured on a population, when civilians are tortured, when the church is used as a front for the CIA, when children are raped by priests and politicians, the Not See Party does its job. So efficient are they at their job that they make it look normal when a nation rapes other nations and government officials rape children. This party becomes the status quo, and anyone objecting is made to look out of place, which is taken to be a sign of insanity, lack of patriotism, or, when religion gets behind the party, as sin. That is right, and if one reads the Bible, that is what is predicted. The Not See Party persecuting those who speak out, its members fervently believing the lie that what they are doing is right.

One lie that the Not See Party saw fit to believe was the infallibility of the Republican Party in the US. So great was their self-righteous blindness that they completely overlooked the genocidal writings of W.E.D. Stokes in 1917, the involvement of Du Pont and General Motors in arming Hitler in the 1930s, the assimilation of Nazis into the US government after WWII, the Nazi mind control experiments on US children since then, and even the disturbing relationship between the Bushes and Sun Myung Moon, who proclaimed himself to be the Messiah in The Washington Times, a pro-Bush paper that is owned by Moon.
    cont next post................
    Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster; 09-04-2006 at 11:02 PM.

cont....

Even when Republican officials, such as Phillip Giordano are convicted of child rape, the Not See Party turns a blind eye. When documented and graphic evidence was presented against Dick Cheney, George H.W. Bush, and his son, in a 19965 book, Trance-Formation of America, the Not See Party continued to live up to its name. Many members of this party have in fact infiltrated the church, making it easy for priests to commit crimes against children.

Physical crimes against children are not the only sins committed by this clique. A much greater objective is to manipulate opinion of masses of voters and keep themselves in power. That accomplished, they are able to keep up hysteria and start wars, taxing the people for these wars, and diverting those tax dollars into their pockets. A look at the financial history of WWII would open a few eyes; for instance, it gave Du Pont a 600% increase in profits. Those are only the profits that are recorded, there is much government corruption that diverts billions of dollars into offshore accounts owned by Republicans, and we do not have a record of these. Peace must have been a bummer! As profitable as this is, few in the Not See Party want to end the game, and so they go to elaborate ruses to lengthen strife. In WWII one such ploy was to limit the supply of oil to the troops. This was done by Walter Teagle and William Farish, then executives of Standard Oil of New Jersey (Exxon). Farish is, incidentally, grandfather to the present ambassador to the UK, William Farish III. So how long do we expect the war in Iraq to last? I will tell you straight out, as I have told my listeners for the past two years, that war will last as long as the Not See Party can make it last, and that may include using ridiculous strategies that put US troops in danger rather than using sensible strategies that work. The crimes of the Not See Party will hurt not only those they want us to think of as the enemy, but it will hurt US citizens as well.

Perhaps the greatest crime of the Not See Party was the execution of Operation Northwoods on September 11, 2001. Instead of having real Cubans to take part and take blame, they had Osama bin Laden, an old friend of the Bushes, to play scapegoat. Forty years of refinements to these plans made them a bit slicker and more high tech than the '60s version. However, a few things went wrong, and intelligent people all over the world, including many American citizens, were noticing that 9/11 must have been an inside job.

To completely enumerate their reasons for suspicion would require quite some space. One could write a book on this; in fact, that is exactly what I have done. Quite understandably, some US publishers have already had a fit and basically told me to go to hell. After all, who would publish the facts when they indict the White House? For instance, if one looks at the anthrax hoax, perpetrated soon after 9/11, it becomes clear that this was a fraud made to look like a Moslem act of terror. In fact, it was clearly US anthrax, most likely put in the mail by US scientist Dr. Steven Hatfill, who to this day remains free despite the evidence against him.

As to the body of evidence against the US government relative to the 9/11 attacks, there can be no doubt that this was an inside job. Molten steel from the beams, advance warnings given to US politicians not to fly, unprecedented levels of options trading on United and American Airlines, the lack of US Air Force response, Bush's remark about 'seeing' the plane hit before it was broadcast, the lack of black box data, the precision with which one plane hit the Pentagon, the way the towers jumped and caused small earthquakes before falling, these and a plethora or other facts point to 9/11 simply being Operation Northwoods.

One angle of suspicion in any crime is the financial gain involved. In 9/11, there was immense financial gain to many members of the Republican Party. Hardly anyone on the entire planet gained but for these people, and so happy was one of them that in fact he joyfully exclaimed he had hit the trifecta. Guess who this was? A US government employee by the name of George.

Recently, a new piece of evidence emerged; a photo of a plane about to hit the WTC. Just before it hits, there is a hole in the building, and there is something in the shape of a missile mounted on the plane. Now, how does the Not See Party account for that? Easily. It is like the time a man was murdered in a Long Island nightclub with hundreds of people inside. At first, it looked like an easy crime to solve. Detectives questioned everyone there, and waited for the witnesses to reveal what happened. As detainee after detainee was questioned, the officers were left in shock. It appeared that at the moment of the murder, every single one of the partygoers was in the bathroom and saw nothing at all.

Welcome to the Not See Party. It helps if you sing along to the tune of Bushland Uber Alles.

Kenyon Gibson

Gibson is a former US intel operative, having worked in Cuba and the Caribbean and on under cover drug operations in New York City.

He is the author of Common Sense: A Study of the Bushes, the CIA, and the Suspicions regarding 9/11(currently available in Arabic as Aw-Karr al-Shur, published by Arab Scientific Publishers, Beirut). At present he is working on another book, titled Hemp for Victory: A History of the World’s Most Useful Plant.

http://www.rense.com/general47/zion.htm
    Last edited by Phinnly Slash Buster; 09-04-2006 at 11:01 PM.

Well of course there were probably some impotent agents, politicians...hey,
    even Klinton blew it....oh, that was the other way around wasnt it :D , but
    he had Bin Ladens head practically handed to him on a plate so to speak but
    he missed the boat....theres not too much arguement that we have not been
    protected and that the government is a bad joke in the poorest of taste but
    an inside job????
    What is the motive? It required vaporizing 3000 people??
    It would probably have taken at least a few people to pull it off and how
    many people can keep their mouths shut about anything?
    This is so insane it gives me real concern for the state of our country.
    I am totally disgusted with Bush and my old party but this is ridiculous to
    say the very least.
    Who then planted bombs in Britain??? In Indonesia?? Oh, Bush must have
    done that too....oh puhleeze, do you really think he is smart enough?
    So in your opinion we have nothing to worry about but our lame duck pres?
    I agree that we need to be worried about the government but this is
    insane. Afterall, we are loved all over the world....Bush just wants us to
    think we have enemies.....silly boy :rolleyes:

911 wasn't an inside job. You guys fail to realize hte scope of how anyone could cover up if it were.

Get real people. This isn't hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizywyg
    911 wasn't an inside job. You guys fail to realize hte scope of how anyone could cover up if it were.

Get real people. This isn't hollywood.
    but then 1 has to ask!?could it be!?and not to deride the events and there aftermath!?but to POINT out the possibility of the HOLLYWOOD take on things!?as a REAL attitude of life!?and then we must ask for DEFINITIONS of BOTH!?to make a REAL decision for OURSELVES!?hehe!!and it is APPARENT that HOLLYWOOD has the EDGE on PUBLIC TRANSPARENCY!?hehe!!just askin.....ARE YOU!?......

Into the Dark The Pentagon Plan to Provoke Terrorist Attacks

by CHRIS FLOYD

This age: layers of lime harden in the sick son's blood... There's nowhere to run from the tyrant-epoch... Who else will you kill? Who else glorify? What other lies will you invent? Osip Mandelshtam, "1 January 1924"

This column stands foursquare with the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, when he warns that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and civilization at large. We know, as does the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, that this statement is an incontrovertible fact, a matter of scientific certainty. And how can we and the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense, be so sure that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and civilization at large?

Because these attacks will be instigated at the order of the Honorable Donald H. Rumsfeld, U.S. Secretary of Defense.

This astonishing admission was buried deep in a story which was itself submerged by mounds of gray newsprint and glossy underwear ads in last Sunday's Los Angeles Times. There--in an article by military analyst William Arkin, detailing the vast expansion of the secret armies being massed by the former Nixon bureaucrat now lording it over the Pentagon--came the revelation of Rumsfeld's plan to create "a super-Intelligence Support Activity" that will "bring together CIA and military covert action, information warfare, intelligence, and cover and deception."

According to a classified document prepared for Rumsfeld by his Defense Science Board, the new organization--the "Proactive, Preemptive Operations Group (P2OG)"--will carry out secret missions designed to "stimulate reactions" among terrorist groups, provoking them into committing violent acts which would then expose them to "counterattack" by U.S. forces.

In other words--and let's say this plainly, clearly and soberly, so that no one can mistake the intention of Rumsfeld's plan--the United States government is planning to use "cover and deception" and secret military operations to provoke murderous terrorist attacks on innocent people.

Let's say it again: Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and the other members of the unelected regime in Washington plan to deliberately foment the murder of innocent people--your family, your friends, your lovers, you--in order to further their geopolitical ambitions.

For P2OG is not designed solely to flush out terrorists and bring them to justice--a laudable goal in itself, although the Rumsfeld way of combating terrorism by causing it is pure moral lunacy. (Or should we use the Regime's own preferred terminology and just call it "evil"?) No, it seems the Pee-Twos have bigger fish to fry. Once they have sparked terrorists into action--by killing their family members? luring them with loot? fueling them with drugs? plying them with jihad propaganda? messing with their mamas? or with agents provocateurs, perhaps, who infiltrate groups then plan and direct the attacks themselves?--they can then take measures against the "states/sub-state actors accountable" for "harboring" the Rumsfeld-roused gangs. What kind of measures exactly? Well, the classified Pentagon program puts it this way: "Their sovereignty will be at risk."

The Pee-Twos will thus come in handy whenever the Regime hankers to add a little oil-laden real estate or a new military base to the Empire's burgeoning portfolio. Just find a nest of violent malcontents, stir 'em with a stick, and presto: instant "justification" for whatever level of intervention/conquest/rapine you might desire. And what if the territory you fancy doesn't actually harbor any convenient marauders to use for fun and profit? Well, surely a God-like "super-Intelligence Support Activity" is capable of creation ex nihilo, yes?

The Rumsfeld-Bush plan to employ murder and terrorism for political, financial and ideological gain does have historical roots (besides al Qaeda, the Stern Gang, the SA, the SS, the KGB, the IRA, the UDF, Eta, Hamas, Shining Path and countless other upholders of Bushian morality, decency and freedom). We refer of course to Operations Northwoods, oft mentioned in these pages: the plan that America's top military brass presented to President John Kennedy in 1963, calling for a phony terrorist campaign--complete with bombings, hijackings, plane crashes and dead Americans--to provide "justification" for an invasion of Cuba, the Mafia/Corporate fiefdom which had recently been lost to Castro.

Kennedy rejected the plan, and was killed a few months later. Now Rumsfeld has resurrected Northwoods, but on a far grander scale, with resources at his disposal undreamed of by those brass of yore, with no counterbalancing global rival to restrain him--and with an ignorant, corrupt president who has shown himself all too eager to embrace any means whatsoever that will augment the wealth and power of his own narrow, undemocratic, elitist clique.

There is prestuplyeniye here, transgression, a stepping-over--deliberately, with open eyes, with forethought, planning, and conscious will--of lines that should never be crossed. Acting in deadly symbiosis with rage-maddened killers, God-crazed ranters and those supreme "sub-state actors," the mafias, Bush and his cohorts are plunging the world into an abyss, an endless night of black ops, retribution, blowback, deceit, of murder and terror--wholesale, retail, state-sponsored, privatized; of fear and degradation, servility, chaos, and the perversion of all that's best in us, of all that we've won from the bestiality of our primal nature, all that we've raised above the mindless ravening urges and impulses still boiling in the mud of our monkey brains.

It's not a fight for freedom; it's a retreat into darkness.

And the day will be a long time coming.

Chris Floyd is a columnist for the Moscow Times and a regular contributor to CounterPunch. He can be reached at: cfloyd72(at)hotmail.com

http://www.counterpunch.org/floyd1101.html

Column: Did President Bush Pass Up an Attempt to Get Bin Laden Before 9-11?
    By Thomas Spencer
    Mr. Spencer is an assistant professor of history at Northwest Missouri State University.

Americans in the twentieth century have become accustomed to discovering years after the fact that their government was negotiating with or propping up repressive regimes. Many Americans believe that "blowback" is an unavoidable consequence of foreign policy these days. However, what would Americans think about a president that merely a few months before a war on terrorism was negotiating oil deals with the very regime he would later characterize as "evil" because they were harboring terrorists? What if they discovered that Bush's administration for months had been impeding governmental efforts to apprehend one of the leading terrorists whom the administration would later say they wanted "dead or alive?" Wouldn't many Americans express outrage? And justifiably so?

According to several credible reports in the European press (but entirely ignored by America's corporate, flag-waving mainstream media), George W. Bush's administration may have been doing these things. According to these reports, George W. Bush's administration (before his wartime transformation to one of the most popular presidents in American history) was negotiating a deal with the Taliban regime for an oil pipeline in Afghanistan and was even going so far as to threaten the Taliban with war. The administration, it appears, wanted to wrest control over oil in the region from the Russians and believed this pipeline was the key to doing so.

These explosive charges are contained in a book entitled Bin Laden: The Forbidden Truth written by Jean-Charles Brisard and Guillaume Dasquie, former French intelligence analysts. The fact that these charges purportedly come straight from the mouth of the FBI's former Deputy Director John O'Neill (who was killed on his first day at work as chief of security at the World Trade Center on September 11th) makes them even more interesting and worthy of checking out.

According to the book, O'Neill resigned in protest over the Bush's administration attempt to obstruct efforts by both the FBI and CIA to apprehend terrorist mastermind Osama bin Laden. According to the book's authors, the Bush Administration began impeding attempts to apprehend Bin Laden as early as February of 2001. They did this to appease the Taliban during negotiations for the pipeline.

Brisard said in a recent interview that "at one moment during the negotiations, the U.S. representatives told the Taliban, 'either you accept our offer of a carpet of gold, or we bury you under a carpet of bombs.'" These negotiations apparently broke down in August of 2001. Less than a month later, the terrorist attack transformed the Bush administration's policy. According to Brisard, just like that the Taliban were suddenly transformed from potential business partners for U.S. corporations into "evil-doers" hiding in caves.

If all of this is true, Mr. Bush's request on January 29th to Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle that Senate investigators limit their investigation into the causes of the September 11th terrorist attacks would take on a much more ominous tone. Perhaps the Bush administration does have something quite serious to hide. Bush defends his request to Daschle by claiming that these hearings would endanger intelligence gathering and imperil national security which, as all historians of American politics know, is one of the first things a president says when he has something serious to hide

If these stories are true, this is the sort of situation that very well could - and dare I say even SHOULD - be investigated by a special prosecutor. This is a situation in which an administration may have compromised the security of ordinary Americans both at home and abroad in order to further its own oily ends. These aren't questions about the president's private behavior or his personal investments. These are legitimate questions about foreign policy and an administration making potentially disastrous foreign policy mistakes. Mistakes that may have cost thousands of Americans their lives.

Why are we hearing nothing about this in our corporate media? Why indeed? It's a complicated situation that is not titillating or tawdry like Condit's or Clinton's pecadilloes but is potentially much more serious! Why has the American media virtually ignored this story? It may not be true (and I'm not presuming that it is) but doesn't it at least need to be checked out? Similar wild-sounding stories have been checked out by our media before. Some of them check out, some don't.

The fact that our corporate media doesn't even appear to be looking into these stories is, at the very least, highly irresponsible. And that may end up being the biggest scandal of all.

Editor's Note The New York Times published a story about the French book on November 12, 2001. The article, by Ethan Bronner, began: "A former F.B.I. antiterror official who was killed at the World Trade Center on Sept. 11 complained bitterly last summer that the United States was unwilling to confront Saudi Arabia over Osama bin Laden and that oil ruled American foreign policy, according to a new book published in France." The title of the piece: "Oil Diplomacy Muddled U.S. Pursuit of bin Laden, New Book Contends." A search of the paper's website indicates no other articles about the book have been published.

Todays video kinda kills this thread. Last wills and all from the hijackers with their leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Worried_in_the_USA
    Todays video kinda kills this thread. Last wills and all from the hijackers with their leader.
    Nobody argues Bin Laden was behind it, What is in question is how much Bush knew leading up to the attacks and if he stood back and let it happen. Evidence shows there was plenty of warnings.
    Last edited by gools68; 09-08-2006 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gools68
    Nobody argues Bin Laden was behind it, What is in question is how much Bush knew leading up to the attacks and if he stood back and let it happen. Evidence shows there was plenty of warnings.
    The warnings Bush got were no different than the warnings Clinton got. They were the same repetitive and un-specific memos that said Bin laden could attack, but offered no time table and only speculated about how he might do so.

And just for the record, flying planes into buildings wasn't one of the methods that our intelligence community speculated upon, much less conveyed to either administration.