+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Milmotech

Milmotech

www.milmotech.com Milmotech is a scam. They said they needed someone to do work from home for $28.00 an hour and sent me a check for 2400.00 for the equipment. They had me deposit the check and as soon as the funds became available they had me western union 1900.00 to a supplier. The next day after sending the money (which cost $160 to send) the check came back as forged. For two weeks they strung me along saying the account would be fixed but that they needed an additional $500 to send the equipment so I could get started. I kept checking back with them to see if my account would be fixed and finally I sent her this. (All communication was done via yahoo messanger.)

ME: My account is still not fixed and it has been two weeks and I am broke. My checks keep getting eaten up by the overdraft fees
    ME: so I need my account fixed today
    Me: I either need you to send me another check, or fix my account today. I can't afford to keep waiting for this to be fixed
    ME: Otherwise I am going to the authorities

smilmotech: i told you to get the 500 to fasten things up

ME: I don't have the 500 available until the account is fixed because it is in that account

smilmotech: well there is nothing we can do for now

Last message received on 5/19 at 12:10 PM
    ME: You have told me twice that it would be fixed, Was that just to string me along so I would send the $500?

After my last statement I got no response and she was no longer online.

Re: Milmotech

Quote Originally Posted by bretlaura22 View Post
    ME: You have told me twice that it would be fixed, Was that just to string me along so I would send the $500?

After my last statement I got no response and she was no longer online.
    The scammer isn't going to "fix" anything, he is a criminal that sent you a fake check and lied. Yes, all that lying was just to string you along so you would send him more of your money. She will respond, from another of her fake names and free email addresses, to attempt to run another scam on you.

For future reference, Western Union and moneygram do not verify anything on the form the sender fills out, not the name, not the street address, not the country, not even the gender of the receiver, it all means absolutely nothing. The clerk will not bother to check ID and will simply hand off your cash to whomever walks in the door with the MTCN# and question/answer. Neither company will tell the sender who picked up the cash, at what store location or even in what country your money walked out the door. Neither company has any kind of refund policy, money sent is money gone forever.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of great jobs, lottery winnings, millions in the bank and desperate, lonely, sexy singles. He will sell your email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

You could post up the email address and the emails themselves that the scammer is using, it will help make your post more googlable for other suspicious potential victims to find when looking for information.

Do you know how to check the header of a received email? If not, you could google for information. Being able to read the header to determine the geographic location an email originated from will help you weed out the most obvious scams and scammers. Then delete and block that scammer. Don't bother to tell him that you know he is a scammer, it isn't worth your effort. He has one job in life, convincing victims to send him their hard-earned cash.

Whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, website addresses, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

6 "Rules to follow" to avoid most fake jobs:
    1) Job asks you to use your personal bank account and/or open a new one.
    2) Job asks you to print/mail/cash a check or money order.
    3) Job asks you to use Western Union or moneygram in any capacity.
    4) Job asks you to accept packages and re-ship them on to anyone.
    5) Job asks you to pay visas, travel fees via Western Union or moneygram.
    6) Job asks you to sign up for a credit reporting or identity verification site.

Avoiding all jobs that mention any of the above listed 'red flags' and you will miss nearly all fake jobs. Only scammers ask you to do any of the above. No. Exceptions. Ever. For any reason.

If you google "fake check cashing job", "fake job bank account Western Union scam", "money mule moneygram scam" or something similar you will find hundreds of posts from victims and near-victims of this type of scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Since that scammer intended to steal your money, he did not giving you his real life information. All you have is one of his fake names, one of his free email addresses, one of his fake stories and one of his paid-for-in-cash cell phone numbers. None of information is going to help your local law enforcement agency track down that anonymous scammer sitting in a cyber cafe half way around the world from you.
    Found a scam or scammer's email address? Post it at scamwarners.com
    Found a romance scam? Post it at romancescam.com

This is a classic "fake check scam". There is NEVER a reason for a legitimate company to overpay you and have you forward the balance via western union.

Re: REAL Milmotech ADMIN

This admin of MilmoTech website

we lost our connection to our website for six month but we are up and good to go.

We put Dialog warning already on our milmotech.com homepage about these kind scam just happened recently.

Please pay attention if you get any email or other message from anybody beside my email address sepehr@milmotech.com is scam and please report it to us immediately.
    i will warn anybody who use our trademark and name to attend any business activity is subjected to fraud and scam and we will take legal action against whoever do that.
    Sorry for any inconvenience just happened recently.

We had huge difficulty with our service provider looks like we had very very nasty scam against us which we solved it. i must say don't give your password to whom you may not know but hey we are up thanks to our staff and lawyers we are warning our customers and clients. We are currently stop providing IT services due to these issues Just Jewelry Cad design we established company now and our Google place location will be locating our store soon.

Thanks for getting back to me as well.

Thanks for the info am sure that someone seeing that rate might have been the next victim of doing some charity work.

Holy crap. You actually got scammed really badly! I'm sorry to hear that. Most people have to learn the hard way unfortunately.
    Get paid to chat! :) Diskussable