+ Reply to Thread

needapassword.com and others?

So I've got a deseparate sister-in-law who thinks her husband may be registered on dating sites, but she doesn't know his password. She's really going through some rough times and was willing to try anything, so she went to "www.needapassword.com". Before I hear about any legalities, understand that desparation for the truth in a marriage will drive people to do anything, and I can totally understand where she's coming from. I just don't know if this was a wise thing for her to try. She just did it yesterday so there's no knowing what's going to happen, but I don't want her anticipating an answer that may never come.

Does anyone know if "hired hackers" on sites like this are valid? There are a number of others she's looked at. I know they certainly seem bogus; has anyone actually seen these work? Apparently they use keyloggers, and that doesn't seem too out there, but yeah... Anyone know for certain?

Re: needapassword.com and others?

These are usually very phoney. The only way to get through those high security sytems is to be an associate of the company. She should have just bought an inline keylogger device from best buy. You attach it to your keyboard wire and it logs all keystrokes then she can find the passwords he's been using.

This a bad idea that could lead to extortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Black-rose
    So I've got a deseparate sister-in-law who thinks her husband may be registered on dating sites, but she doesn't know his password. She's really going through some rough times and was willing to try anything, so she went to "www.needapassword.com". Before I hear about any legalities, understand that desparation for the truth in a marriage will drive people to do anything, and I can totally understand where she's coming from. I just don't know if this was a wise thing for her to try. She just did it yesterday so there's no knowing what's going to happen, but I don't want her anticipating an answer that may never come.

Does anyone know if "hired hackers" on sites like this are valid? There are a number of others she's looked at. I know they certainly seem bogus; has anyone actually seen these work? Apparently they use keyloggers, and that doesn't seem too out there, but yeah... Anyone know for certain?
    Well, let's just hope they don't steal passwords for their bank details and other personal private info on their PC. Why can't she just ask her husband if he has been visiting dating websites? I mean she should be able to find out by asking him whether or not he has been visiting these sites by his actions. Also, by asking him outright, he would be made aware of her suspicions.

Also, what is she hoping to achieve once she finds out that he may be visiting these dating sites? Obviously, the man needs a bit of excitement in his life and I think she needs to focus on that, no offense.

Tell her to save herself the hassle and money, and just ask the man outright if he is cheating on her or not. I'm sure she knows her man well enough to know whether or not he is lying.
    Karma is a Biatch! :yelcutelaughA:

Con artists revealed as the criminals they are! freakB:

The IGNORE feature is the best answer for a FOOL!

In Internet Explorer, at the top click History (the icon looks like a clock with the arrow pointing backwards). The history panel will open on the left hand side. Click "View" and select what order you want the sites sorted into. You can also check the cookies (Tools > Internet Options, on the General Tab click settings, then View Files). I can post instructions for other common browsers as well.
    She could install a software keylogger, then just have it save a logfile that she can look at everyday, or even have it email her the logfile. However, firewalls and AV software typically wont allow these programs access to the internet without permission. I know mine wont even allow me to install one.

She could buy spectorpro and put it on the computer.