+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

BBB Top Ten Scams......No MLM!

Better Business, Bureau top ten scams of 2011 not even a mention of MLM.
    MLM is coming of age yb:
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Re: BBB Top Ten Scams......No MLM!

Top ten reasons why people are in prison: Murder, burglary, robbery, drug dealing, possession, fraud, etc....

But child molestation is not on that list. Thus, by Doyle's rationale, child molesting is somehow "okay" as it is not on a top ten list.

Good job Doyle. Superb logic you got there.
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

scam.com top ten scams:

1. MLM

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    Top ten reasons why people are in prison: Murder, burglary, robbery, drug dealing, possession, fraud, etc....

But child molestation is not on that list. Thus, by Doyle's rationale, child molesting is somehow "okay" as it is not on a top ten list.

Good job Doyle. Superb logic you got there.
    "People are not interested in your product or your business; they are interested in solving their own problems." -- James Dillehay, Entrepreneur and Author

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    scam.com top ten scams:

1. MLM
    And that says it all about scum.comedy and how on the ball they are :cwm2:

James R is offline I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it! User Rank

Vitamark International aka VitaCorp International
    BBB Accreditation No
    Excited about Nopalea Cactus Juice? Learn how to make your own for FREE!
    Don't be another "$50 a bottle" sucker....best of all you know exaclty what's in it. Click HERE.

Here's a good one....
    "That's why I changed my 'story'".
    Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Do you kinda think that you small handful of weirdos are the only people in the world that think that MLM is a scam (I'm not referring to pyramids and ponzis which are most definitely scams, we can all agree)?

I think you guys need to change tack if you want to be taken seriously.

Victim Reports

Becoming Wealthy with MLM: A Myth (posted 7/3/06)
    Ripped off by Herbalife (posted 2/14/04)
    Unethical Selling by a Doctor (posted 10/18/99)
    Complaints to FTC about Herbalife (link to FTC report)
    Complaints to FTC about Quixtar (link to FTC report)

http://www.mlmwatch.org/

yeppers, so little crime in MLM that otherwise sane people waste 1000's of hours writing about it, for no gain at all. there's a special place in hell for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    Victim Reports

Becoming Wealthy with MLM: A Myth (posted 7/3/06)
    Ripped off by Herbalife (posted 2/14/04)
    Unethical Selling by a Doctor (posted 10/18/99)
    Complaints to FTC about Herbalife (link to FTC report)
    Complaints to FTC about Quixtar (link to FTC report)

http://www.mlmwatch.org/

yeppers, so little crime in MLM that otherwise sane people waste 1000's of hours writing about it, for no gain at all. there's a special place in hell for you.
    mlmwatch, Stephen Barrett rofl

Come on guys, it must be disappointing that the BBB, the FTC and the authorities/governments in just about every country in the world don't agree with you that MLM is a scam. On the contrary, the see it as a perfectly legal form of business.
    Must hurt, after all your time on here trying to persuade people differently?

The BBB's stance on MLM:

http://www.bbb.org/us/article/ftc--t...ing-plans-4557

Highlights:

"In pyramids, commissions are based on the number of distributors recruited. Most of the product sales are made to these distributors - not to consumers in general. The underlying goods and services, which vary from vitamins to car leases, serve only to make the schemes look legitimate."

Red flag for selling mostly within the distributorship, huh? Serve only to make the schemes look legitimate? Sounds like token products to me.

"Does it sell products to the public-at-large? Does it have the evidence to back up the claims it makes about its product? Is the product competitively priced? Is it likely to appeal to a large customer base? How much is the investment to join the plan? Is there a minimum monthly sales commitment to earn a commission? Will you be required to recruit new distributors to earn your commission?"

Competitively priced and a large customer base (not downlines, as in the first paragraph)? Quotas for sales commissions? Recruit downlines to receive bonuses? I see a lot of plans paying bonuses that require a certain PV and recruiting two downlines. That's a thinly veiled way to circumvent the law that does not allow compensation for recruiting. Token products yet again.

"Often consumers spend a lot of money to "build their business" by participating in training programs, buying sales leads or purchasing the products themselves. Too often, these purchases are all they ever see for their investments."

Describes Amway perfectly, and also any company that sells leads.

"Beware of plans that ask new distributors to purchase expensive products and marketing materials. These plans may be pyramids in disguise.
    Be cautious of plans that claim you will make money through continued growth of your downline, that is, the number of distributors you recruit."

That's basically most MLM's out there.
    MLM's Mission Statement:

"The primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."

"Almost everyone is not going to learn the skills and use them consistently over time, you would be better off joining Costco" -Dank111

[QUOTE=mumbles;1184150]Government Enforcement Actions

4Life Research (link to FDA warning letter)
    Advantage Neutraceuticals (FDA warning letter)
    Alliance USA (The Chemins Co.) (posted 10/15/02)
    Alpine Industries Ordered to Stop Unsubstantiated Claims for Ozone Generators (updated 5/27/01)
    American Image Marketing (1988)
    Amway Corporation (1979 and 1986) (links to FTC reports)
    Bodywise International (1995) and 2005
    Cell Tech International (link to 2002 FDA courtesy letter)
    Dynamic Essentials (link to FDA news release)
    E Excel (link to 2000 FDA warning letter)
    E'OLA International (link to FDA report)
    Equinox International (posted 8/11/99)
    ForMor International (posted 6/17/01)
    FutureNet (link to FTC report)
    Gano Excel (link to FDA warning letter)
    Herbalife International (posted 11/12/99)
    Infinity2 (link to FTC report)
    Kaire International (link to Quackwatch)
    K.C. Laboratories (Blue-Green Manna, 1986) (posted 2/6/02)
    Legacy for Life (link to FDA warning letter)
    Mannatech
    Australian Physician Disciplined for Misrepresenting Mannatech Products to Patients (posted 10/18/00)
    Mannatech and Founder Agree to Pay $7 Million to Settle Texas Attorney General Charges (posted 12/3/10)
    Market America (link to Casewatch)
    MonaVie (link to 2007 FDA warning letter)
    Morinda (Tahitian Noni) (link to Quackwatch)
    Nanci Corporation (link to FTC report)
    Neways International (posted 8/5/04)
    Nu Skin (1993 and 1997) (links to FTC reports)
    Nature's Sunshine (link to 2001 FDA warning letter)
    New Vision International (1998) (posted 3/15/99)
    Oasis Wellness Network (updated 7/1/01)
    Oxyfresh Worldwide (2000) (posted 9/5/00)
    Quest IV Health Products (1999) (updated 6/20/01)
    Reliv International (1998)
    FDA warning letter (1998)
    FDA warning letter (2001)
    Seasilver USA (link to 2002 FDA warning letter)
    Streamline International
    Link to FTC complaint
    Settlement with Robert Waitkus
    Sunrider Corporation (1998) (posted 7/21/99)
    Trek Alliance (2003) (link to FTC report)
    TrendMark International (1998) (link to FTC report)
    Trek Alliance (2002) (link to FTC report)
    Unither Pharma (HeartBar) (link to FTC report)
    Venegas, Inc., (1997) (link to FTC report)[/QUO

I could list far more non MLM companies with enforcement actions and complaints, so your point is?

When you have laws that are in no way designed for common sense or to protect people, then OF COURSE you should expect unscrupulous individuals and organizations to manipulate it to their benefit.

If I had enough money, I could establish an MLM based on selling crusty dog turds (you know, the ones that turn white eventually). And then set up a comp plan which encourages people to recruit others to sell this poop. Technically, poop is a product, so by the legal definition I'm good to go!
    There is not one woman on this planet capable of finishing an entire can of soda.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm126 View Post
    The BBB's stance on MLM:

http://www.bbb.org/us/article/ftc--t...ing-plans-4557

Highlights:

"In pyramids, commissions are based on the number of distributors recruited. Most of the product sales are made to these distributors - not to consumers in general. The underlying goods and services, which vary from vitamins to car leases, serve only to make the schemes look legitimate."

Red flag for selling mostly within the distributorship, huh? Serve only to make the schemes look legitimate? Sounds like token products to me.

"Does it sell products to the public-at-large? Does it have the evidence to back up the claims it makes about its product? Is the product competitively priced? Is it likely to appeal to a large customer base? How much is the investment to join the plan? Is there a minimum monthly sales commitment to earn a commission? Will you be required to recruit new distributors to earn your commission?"

Competitively priced and a large customer base (not downlines, as in the first paragraph)? Quotas for sales commissions? Recruit downlines to receive bonuses? I see a lot of plans paying bonuses that require a certain PV and recruiting two downlines. That's a thinly veiled way to circumvent the law that does not allow compensation for recruiting. Token products yet again.

"Often consumers spend a lot of money to "build their business" by participating in training programs, buying sales leads or purchasing the products themselves. Too often, these purchases are all they ever see for their investments."

Describes Amway perfectly, and also any company that sells leads.

"Beware of plans that ask new distributors to purchase expensive products and marketing materials. These plans may be pyramids in disguise.
    Be cautious of plans that claim you will make money through continued growth of your downline, that is, the number of distributors you recruit."

That's basically most MLM's out there.

The BBB obviously have a better take on MLM than you do. No, it doesn't sum up Amway or ''most MLM's out there''....only in your biased mind.

Quote Originally Posted by needs2stop View Post
    When you have laws that are in no way designed for common sense or to protect people, then OF COURSE you should expect unscrupulous individuals and organizations to manipulate it to their benefit.

If I had enough money, I could establish an MLM based on selling crusty dog turds (you know, the ones that turn white eventually). And then set up a comp plan which encourages people to recruit others to sell this poop. Technically, poop is a product, so by the legal definition I'm good to go!
    Yes you could, and it would be all over very quickly, because the legal definition of a MLM product would not be there. I.e. would people buy the product without a business attached. I wonder why you failed at MLM :cwm2:

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
    mlmwatch, Stephen Barrett rofl
    What is your issue with MLM watch