+ Reply to Thread

Faraday Discs and Power Generation

Hi,
    Kazza was studying magnetism for uni and I asked him if he had heard of these. He hadn't, and said they looked interesting. I think they look interesting too, so I thought I would start a thread about them where we can share our new knowledge of them..

Now, I found this page: http://depalma.pair.com/Absurdity/Ab...radayDisc.html

which comes from this website: http://depalma.pair.com/index.html which is about..well, tapping into an underlying energy field and extracting power from it.

This is how I heard about Faraday discs, so what I really want to know about, is what the mainstream scientific community says about Faraday discs. I find my self surrounded by Free Energy solutions these days, and yet for some reason none of them ever seem to pan out to being something used anywhere in society....thats pretty frustrating.

So whats the deal here?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_generator mentions the faraday disc, describing it as a Homopolar generator.

There is a lot of talk out there online about over-unity faraday disc based contraptions. How hard is it to test these things? Damn they look so simple.

Re: Faraday Discs and Power Generation

why are the science minded(like me!?) always fascinated by FREE ENERGY devices!?hehe!!just askin.....

I doubt that it would lead to free energy. I think, like most of these things, it has probably come about because there are people that understand some basic physics, but don't have a deep enough understanding of the phenomena involved. Nevertheless, its very interesting stuff.

It seems to depend on the fact that a rotating magnet does not generate a rotating magnetic field. Faraday was apparantely the first to realise this. First thing I would want to do is find out why. I've never heard of this before, and I'm pretty sure it must be a quantum mechanical effect. Theres a lengthy discussion of it on physicsforums.
    http://www.physicsforums.com/showthr...t=faraday+disc
    Unfortunately for me, I'm going to have to wait till I have some holidays to really look into this.

Hey yeah, thats right, I noticed you were registered at Physics forums too... I'm under the name Another God there. If you remember back about 3 years, I used to be the moderator of biology and philosophy.

Ah cool. I never really visited biology much. I find that at physicsforums I read a lot, but don't post nearly as much as I do here. So much of it is over my head, so its not as often that I have something to contribute.

LOL, i feel the same way. Even in biology I often find myself struggling with the conversation! But thats often because a few post grads will start talking about a specific enzyme or something and I won't know anything about it!

think abouddit!?free energy would be the DENIAL of god!?or the enslavement of same!?is EITHER likely to HAPPEN!?hehe!!but if it did!?what would be the QUALIFICATION for same!?either personal,or wordly!?what would "IT" TAKE for either to happen!?hehe!!just askin......

Johnny Angel Guest

Bin thinking abouddit!?free energy ain't the DENIAL of god!?or the enslavement of same!?NO WAY is EITHER likely to HAPPEN!?hehe!!but if it did!?what would be the QUALIFICATION for same!?NOTHING!!!??!either personal,or wordly!?what would "IT" TAKE for either to happen!?hehe!!just askin......Just replying....Like a halfwitted tw@t

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Angel
    Bin thinking abouddit!?free energy ain't the DENIAL of god!?or the enslavement of same!?NO WAY is EITHER likely to HAPPEN!?hehe!!but if it did!?what would be the QUALIFICATION for same!?NOTHING!!!??!either personal,or wordly!?what would "IT" TAKE for either to happen!?hehe!!just askin......Just replying....Like a halfwitted tw@t
    you could say.....you have been DRAWN in to the INSANITY!?or you could say,you were THERE all along,and just didn't want to ADMIT IT!?and you could say,by being a PARROT,that,......you like the life of FOLLOWING the bouncing ball!?hehe!!i'm not saying that!?but you could......hehe!!just askin....

I think this is a pretty bogus thing.
    I mean it uses words like "streptation" which I'm sure isn't actually a word.
    And it's like "it's referred to by this guy, but he's dead, but he wrote a book about it, but it was never published"

Johnny Angel Guest

you always say.....you have been DRAWN in to the INSANITY!?or you could say,you were THERE all along,and just didn't want to ADMIT IT!?!!BLAHBALAH!!!and you could say,by being a PARROT,TORRAP??!!??that,......you like the life of FOLLOWING BehInD??!!! the bouncing ball!?hehe!!i'm not saying that!?but you could......hehe!!just askin....

Face it Lexx, you are a nutter and your posts do nothing but clog the board up with complete and utter crap. You need to get a life, little man.

Lord_jag is offline I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong. User Rank

you always say.....you have been DRAWN in to the INSANITY!?or you could say,you were THERE all along,and just didn't want to ADMIT IT!?!!BLAHBALAH!!!and you could say,by being a PARROT,TORRAP??!!??that,......you like the life of FOLLOWING BehInD??!!! the bouncing ball!?hehe!!i'm not saying that!?but you could......hehe!!just askin....

Face it Lexx, you are a nutter and your posts do nothing but clog the board up with complete and utter crap. You need to get a life, little man.
    LOL you know, JA, you can block him. I did and my brain hasn't hurt so much ever since. Sometime I actually enjoy reading posts again :)

Johnny Angel Guest

Hey Lord J.

I HATE blocking people because you never know when all of a sudden they are going to stop drinking the meths and actually contribute something. However, in Lexx's case, its a lost cause so I think I'll make a rare exception.

Whatever is wrong with his mind isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon. Wonder why the mods allow him to pollute the forum in this way??

Have a nice one! JA

Hey Lord J.

I HATE blocking people because you never know when all of a sudden they are going to stop drinking the meths and actually contribute something. However, in Lexx's case, its a lost cause so I think I'll make a rare exception.

Whatever is wrong with his mind isn't likely to be fixed anytime soon. Wonder why the mods allow him to pollute the forum in this way??

Have a nice one! JA
    ya!?i sometimes wonder that too!?hehe!!just askin.....

Now that is just plain funny. Rotfl :)

Anyone could prove the validity of a free energy device within minutes. Patenting a free energy device would instantly make a person the richest person in the world. Why hasn't anyone done this? Try building a Faraday whateveryoucallit, and you'll quickly understand why. They simply don't work.