+ Reply to Thread

Economic collapse

I am sure this has been discussed on multiple threads...but I wanted to bring it up again and see what people think.

Recently a lot of numbers have been published, mostly bad.

We have a real estate market that is beginning to suffer. While I don't believe there is a national housing bubble, certain areas are certainly beginning to get hit hard. This is bringing the overall numbers down. Being a small investor, I have seen this first hand.

Inflation seems to be an issue. Consumer confidence is down.

Yet through all of the negative numbers the government is trying to paint a pretty picture. In a sense, this is what they should do to try and prevent a mass panic...but with all these numbers coming out I have noticed currency values of the dollar have not dropped yet. (At least not that I have seen...yet.)

I am a huge believer that the President has little to no power over the economy as a whole and is somewhat irrelevent. The president just takes the credit or the blame. So I am hoping this won't become too political. But having said that, does anyone get the feeling that certain markets are being artificially inflated by the government? Specifically the value of the dollar?

What's going to happen when the correction really hits? Let's face a simple fact...bull and bear markets really hit because of emotion. Consumers emotions drive the economy in ways that is seldom understood. The common person...which I am one of...doesn's appear to think things are doing too well. We have high gas prices and other things driving prices up...and as people begin to worry, the waterfall begins.

What are the opinions out there?

Rusted is offline Gold Scams Member User Rank

Re: Economic collapse

Already happening. Housing market was and still is over inflated in some areas, Only in a few areas, like here, still undervalued. As rates go up, look for more defaults on ARMs and no-interest balloon loans. Also new bankruptcy law will add pressuer to those already on the margin. Think Simon LeGree did that one....

High fuel costs affecting discretionary spending. Currency value, yes, starting to drop. Still, if the dollar does drop, we will sell more abroad as our goods will be cheaper.

According to Wall Street Journal, 94 billion invested into international funds and just 20 billion into domestic, first 7 months, 2006. I'm over 60 percent roughly international and thinking about getting out of the domestic side entirely. What should really worry people, is that I'm a small investor. As money heads overseas, will affect people looking for capital here, so less investment domestically, less job creation.

The National Debt is a big worry, and the Iraqi conflict is causing major unplanned deficit spending. Add to that the Chinese are keeping us afloat right now by buying up our debt. What would happen if they wanted Euros or another "harder" currency?

Fascinating book on Chinese economy called China Inc. Author Ted Fishman. According to the book if I read it correctly, the Chinese and the American economies have fused into one entity. In any case, much unhappiness on both sides of the Pacific will insue if one or the other side defaults or asks for payment. Unintended probably that we have come so dependent on each other as both the USA and China are not really "good" friends.

It's going to get ugly.

the dollar keeps shrinking it will bottom out, the economy is in poor shape. bush can lie all he wants to but his lies will prove more and more what a liar he is. people will be loosing their homes, this is the plan, to make everyone in America poor. the bloody congress wont raise the the minimun raise to $2 extra, jobs are being taken out of the country and going to 3rd world countries under your noise. bush is part of the scheme, he is a puppet for the global elite, that is why no one can get the $5.15 raise up to 7.15 an hour, food oil gas supplies keep going up ...rents electricity water, bush cutting food programs off food stamps, welfare and medical cuts now the library cuts cuts cuts cuts, he wants the american to get poor and that is happening, it is all about bringin in the new world order, that is a fact, the people are going to start rebelling then martial law and the right to shoot anyone who rebells , look what happened to the young people in China back in the 1980's killed them, the world gov is getting more ruthless.... they say they can take away your property without a lawyer. and bush idiots care about israel 9 billion a year to them but starving people are nothing to the gov what they call them wasteless eaters or something like that. think about people that got new homes and work in a good factory job, boooom..... nafta .... the factory goes to mexico, you dont have a job anymore and the gov dont give a darn about you.... you can collect for so long then what? all your money is gone, that is what they want to happen. if you people dont stand up already this is going to happen till they own you and they own us already dont they.... global powers are here, and i can ramble forever... the gov is corrupt.

Johnny Angel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jreed
    While I don't believe there is a national housing bubble,
    have a loko at this graph its a bubble, moron and then tell me again 'there is no bubble'.

I could do with a good laugh before lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jreed
    I am sure this has been discussed on multiple threads...but I wanted to bring it up again and see what people think.

Recently a lot of numbers have been published, mostly bad.

We have a real estate market that is beginning to suffer. While I don't believe there is a national housing bubble, certain areas are certainly beginning to get hit hard. This is bringing the overall numbers down. Being a small investor, I have seen this first hand.

Inflation seems to be an issue. Consumer confidence is down.

Yet through all of the negative numbers the government is trying to paint a pretty picture. In a sense, this is what they should do to try and prevent a mass panic...but with all these numbers coming out I have noticed currency values of the dollar have not dropped yet. (At least not that I have seen...yet.)

I am a huge believer that the President has little to no power over the economy as a whole and is somewhat irrelevent. The president just takes the credit or the blame. So I am hoping this won't become too political. But having said that, does anyone get the feeling that certain markets are being artificially inflated by the government? Specifically the value of the dollar?

What's going to happen when the correction really hits? Let's face a simple fact...bull and bear markets really hit because of emotion. Consumers emotions drive the economy in ways that is seldom understood. The common person...which I am one of...doesn's appear to think things are doing too well. We have high gas prices and other things driving prices up...and as people begin to worry, the waterfall begins.

What are the opinions out there?
    i find fault with your whole PREMISE!?FIRST OFF!?it is LEADING!?not asking!?or BOTH!?so your SHIP is not SINKING!?hehe!!YET!?hehe!!i happen to think that the PRES CAN have A GREAT effect on the ECONOMY not by manipulation thru congress but by a GOOD personality!?a KINDER GENTLER kinda *****CAT!?hehe!!and guess what!!gas prices are HEADED DOWN!!by ALOT!?hehe!!gotta have some kinda positive effect!?hehe!!just askin....

Is that English or some kind of foreign language based entirely on punctuation?

So much for "No Child Left Behind."

And yes gas prices are going down. And yes, that will have a positive impact. Until the elections are over and prices go back up.

the ship of usa is sinking, more jobs are being transported to the 3 rd world countries, NAFTA law still exists, if that wacko law was not in existence the people that once worked for these companies still would have jobs and the middle class would still be the middle class but to take away jobs that belong here it is making the USA without jobs, sending over seas people are working for unbelievable pennies a day this is against all humanity most of our clothes are made where? tawain... mexico.... india... etc, what happened to our country? the gov is selling your jobs to overseas... ever try to wear these clothes from foreign countries? they make them so small I have to wear extra large when I am a Medium cant believe it, the country is getting poorer by the minute jobs are going over seas and that is what the government wants to happen it is the new world order crap