+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 145 to 149 of 149

  1. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Christian Traditions are More Pagan than Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin87 View Post
    Definitely Pagan, which is why Jehovah Witnesses do not celebrate them. When Rome got its hands on Christianity, many of the Roman gods were "Christianized" and politics were also thrown in- so that the people would accept it easier. The same happened when Rome forced it upon the pagans, the early people of Ireland and Britain- they put some of their pagan beliefs into it as well, so did the Vikings.

    I really don't understand how anyone could think Jesus was born on Dec 25. The date of his birth isn't even given in the bible, but if one would have to guess, it would be on Jewish New Year, in September 16/18. Its the coming of fall and the season of change, new beginnings- which Jesus Christ definitely was.

    Its interesting really the origins of many of these pagan holidays. A lot of them honor gods, deities, or even heroes- which gives truth to a lot of those stories of the old world, and in all cultures. The bible describes the Nephilim who are offspring of angels who mated with females (no such thing as female angel, they are only male.)- as "men of fame".

    Nephilim, like fallen angels loved being worshiped by men, felt men should worship and honor them- instead of god himself. They are honored or worshiped in all of these pagan holidays, even in sports- which is why the early Israelites did not involve themselves in sports like the Olympic games and such, because you had to honor the gods and all.

    I watched a youtube vid the other night of a preacher taking Lady Gaga's song Born This Way and breaking it down.

    He talked about the words, the intent, the images, the body language of the people in the vid, and drew a picture for the viewer of a satanic Lady Gaga based of the symbolism in the video.

    I have see and heard many such things over my lifetime pertaining to lots of areas we encounter in life.

    A returning thought that keeps popping up in my head is no one would even know what that supposedly means if there wasn't some goofball telling us....

    Symbols only have power over us, positive or negative, if we give it to them.

  2. #146
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Christian Traditions are More Pagan than Christian

    One of the most interesting combined studies of pagan origins is the Mason writer Albert Pike, in the book "Morals And Dogma".

    He points out how concepts like the trinity, of a son of God dying, of a large num ber of christian ideas, actually come from ancient pagan concepts. What we recognize as christianity largely come from Masonic concepts.

  3. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,715

    Re: Christian Traditions are More Pagan than Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    What we recognize as christianity largely come from Masonic concepts.


    Hmm....I thought that it was different....that Constantine, in order to bring those under his rule under one 'thought' basically merged all the old ways, the pagan worship such as mythraism(if that's a word?) and just changed names around.

    The saints, the virgin Mary, etc were replacement names for people to pray to with a more christian ring to them.


    Isn't the Masonic concepts encompassing of these or similar ideas along with things maybe much older than christ and outside the realm of judaism and also things much newer?

  4. #148
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: Christian Traditions are More Pagan than Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by bibleman View Post
    Hmm....I thought that it was different....that Constantine, in order to bring those under his rule under one 'thought' basically merged all the old ways, the pagan worship such as mythraism(if that's a word?) and just changed names around.

    The saints, the virgin Mary, etc were replacement names for people to pray to with a more christian ring to them.


    Isn't the Masonic concepts encompassing of these or similar ideas along with things maybe much older than christ and outside the realm of judaism and also things much newer?
    Yes, Constantine did as you write. What Pike does is to explore the various mythologies, including Mithraism, in great depth. For example, Pike quotes from an ancient script:
    " 'God', said Maximus Tyrius, 'did not spare his own son[Hercules] or exempt himfrom the calamities incidental to humanity'." Pike goes on to show the comparison of various mythical figures to Jesus. However, Masonry made it more "scientific" by applying it in a social fashion that we recognize as christianity in general today.
    1.Man was left naked and defenseless after the Fall. Prone to evil, the human race staggred into unbelief.
    2. Man can be saved only by faith, repentance, and reformation. This is to be applied by a secret priesthoodof the Masons.
    3.He repents and is bound to God by an oath. He is "brought to the light with the help of the brethren".
    4.The christian assumes new duties toward God(a form of social contract, even tough he is only saved by faith). He is bound to a secret duty toward God.
    5. He learns to serve God by recognizi ng that the universe is not a machin e, but that the perfect geometry, astronomy, and science. This is al applied within the sphere of geometry.
    6. The candidate of Masonry is informed that he may never be a master, but is bound to forever explore the mystery of truth. He must, as jesus told Nicodemus, be born again, but that birth process is aligned with the mysteries taught by the Masonry hierarchy.
    7.This process then is a duty to draw the whole human race to "Christ". In this way, Jesus is transformed into an idea, a collective concept to which all are to be devoted, breaking down all division into one "mystery of redemption". This is a model that evangelists like Billy Graham have preached, but is not the message of the Biblical Jesus. It is a concept of universal salvation by acceptance of a priesthood, supporting nationalism.

  5. #149
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    27,212

    Re: Christian Traditions are More Pagan than Christian

    Quote Originally Posted by doojie View Post
    Yes, Constantine did as you write. What Pike does is to explore the various mythologies, including Mithraism, in great depth. For example, Pike quotes from an ancient script:
    " 'God', said Maximus Tyrius, 'did not spare his own son[Hercules] or exempt himfrom the calamities incidental to humanity'." Pike goes on to show the comparison of various mythical figures to Jesus. However, Masonry made it more "scientific" by applying it in a social fashion that we recognize as christianity in general today.
    1.Man was left naked and defenseless after the Fall. Prone to evil, the human race staggred into unbelief.
    2. Man can be saved only by faith, repentance, and reformation. This is to be applied by a secret priesthoodof the Masons.
    3.He repents and is bound to God by an oath. He is "brought to the light with the help of the brethren".
    4.The christian assumes new duties toward God(a form of social contract, even tough he is only saved by faith). He is bound to a secret duty toward God.
    5. He learns to serve God by recognizi ng that the universe is not a machin e, but that the perfect geometry, astronomy, and science. This is al applied within the sphere of geometry.
    6. The candidate of Masonry is informed that he may never be a master, but is bound to forever explore the mystery of truth. He must, as jesus told Nicodemus, be born again, but that birth process is aligned with the mysteries taught by the Masonry hierarchy.
    7.This process then is a duty to draw the whole human race to "Christ". In this way, Jesus is transformed into an idea, a collective concept to which all are to be devoted, breaking down all division into one "mystery of redemption". This is a model that evangelists like Billy Graham have preached, but is not the message of the Biblical Jesus. It is a concept of universal salvation by acceptance of a priesthood, supporting nationalism.
    if we look at ORDINARY education we see that it is beneficial if ALL receive the SAME basic INSTRUCTIONS and any extra instruction they are FOUND to qualify for!? this, on a National basis!? but even THIS takes MUCH similarity for GRANTED already (all ready) so to speak!? : :crazy1: :spin2:
    i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Christian MLM
    By SCAMS in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 01:05 PM
  2. Are You A Christian?
    By Quiet~Reflection in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 149
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 07:37 AM
  3. The Crucifix - a Christian or pagan symbol?
    By David Ben-Ariel in forum Religious Scams
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 12:32 PM
  4. FAO the 'Christian right'
    By Yeah Well Fine Then in forum Political Scams
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-28-2009, 05:14 PM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 12:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Add / Edit Tags
abolish, acceptance, accepted, account, accurate, actions, acts, adam, add, address, adult, advance, advanced, advice, afford, africa, african, age, agen, agendas, ages, agree, agreed, ain, aka, ale, alexander, american, animals, another, anti, apart, appears, article, ate, aus, australia, authority, avail, aware, babies, bad, bags, balance, ban, banker, bankruptcy, banning, based, basic, basically, beach, beasts, beat, behalf, believers, ben, bet, biblical, biggest, bit, blood, body, bomb, books, borrowed, brand, break, breaking, breaks, bring, broke, buddy, bunch, bur, buster, button, buys, called, campaign, capita, capital, care, carefully, carry, case, catch, catholic, center, cer, chance, chea, chiefs, chris, christian, christmas, church, claim, classic, close, closes, collect, coming, common, comparison, complain, completely, comprehension, confirming, connection, conservative, constant, constantly, continue, correct, correction, corrupt, couldn, counterfeit, countries, country, court, cove, crap, crazy, crew, custom, date, day, days, dead, death, debating, december, declared, deeds, defend, defender, dei, denial, description, desert, deserve, designs, destroyed, development, devil, differences, differently, difficult, direction, dirty, disabled, discussing, disgusting, display, distortion, divine, division, doesn, dollar, don, dont, double, dow, drew, drink, dry, due, duped, dying, dynasty, ear, early, edge, egypt, elected, eliminate, ells, ended, enemy, england, enter, entire, error, establishment, euro, europe, eva, evangelicals, evening, examples, experience, explained, extra, extremely, extremists, eyes, face, faithful, fall, families, fantastic, fashion, father, fee, feel, felt, female, figures, find, fits, flag, fly, focus, forgiveness, forgot, forum, foundation, frequent, front, fulfilled, funds, gas, gave, gay, gee, general, generation, geometry, god, god’s, gold, gonna, gotta, grace, green, group, groups, growth, guys, hahaha, hand, handed, hands, hasn, hay, head, heads, healthy, heart, hearts, hell, helps, hey, high, hills, hire, holiday, holidays, holy, homes, homosexual, honey, honor, hot, house, hre, html, huge, huma, human, humans, ial, ian, ice, identifying, identity, ill, illus, images, ime, important, include, inconvenient, india, individuals, influence, info, insanity, institution, insurance, ion, ireland, isn, issue, jealous, jesus, jewelry, john, joke, jot, judge, justify, killed, killer, kills, kind, kingdom, lady, land, large, late, latest, laugh, lead, leaders, leads, legally, liberal, liberty, lie, lied, life, light, line, lines, lis, listen, lived, living, lol, long, longer, lose, losing, loss, lot, love, loves, luck, lying, mad, making, male, marriage, mass, master, maximus, mea, medal, mega, members, memories, merry, mess, million, mind, minister, minorities, model, moment, month, moral, mortgage, mother, motives, murder, mystery, myth, nation, national, national security, nations, nature, net, nice, nick, nope, nos, numbers, oath, obedience, objects, office, official, officially, onli, open, operation, opposite, order, ordered, org, organization, original, overthrow, owns, paganism, page, pages, paper, parents, part, pass, passed, pastor, peaceful, people, per capita, perfect, person, personal, peter, picture, piece, play, pleases, point, poor, pop, popping, popular, pos, position, positive, post, posted, posts, potential, power, pray, presiden, price, principles, prisoners, privacy, prize, process, progress, promised, property, prophet, proud, prove, proved, public, pulls, punish, punished, punishment, pure, putting, qualified, question, questions, quote, quotes, race, rated, raving, reaction, ready, real, reality, reason, reasons, receiving, recorded, red, reform, refused, release, released, religion, religious, remember, remind, research, resign, respect, response, responsible, rest, resurrection, revealing, reward, riches, rick, rip, rise, rome, roo, room, rooms, roy, sacred, saint, saints, salvation, satanic, scale, scholars, scientists, script, search, season, secondary, seekers, sell, sen, senate, sense, september, serve, service, set, sex, sexually, shared, short, shortly, shouldn, silent, simon, simply, sir, site, skin, small, solid, son, song, sooo, sorry, sounds, sources, speaking, sphere, spirituality., split, spring, stage, star, start, starting, state, stated, states, stays, steal, stealing, stole, stone, stop, stories, story, stupid, style, subs, suck, sun, super, supporting, swear, system, tactic, taint, tak, take a look, taken, takes, talent, talk, talking, talks, taxes, ted, tells, temple, teresa, test, text, thieves, thought, thread, threatening, throw, tied, ties, times, title, told, tolerance, tomorrow, top, tor, totally, tough, trac, track, tradition, treason, trusted, truth, ultimate, unbalanced, universe, url, usa, vacation, vehicle, version, view, village, vince, violent, wait, waiting, wanted, wars, watched, water, ways, wednesday, week, weeks, weiner, wikipedia, win, wise, wolves, woma, women, won, wonderful, word, wore, work, worked, working, writing, year, years, youtube

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •