+ Reply to Thread

What is LSU doing with donations?

LSU Vet School received $$millions in donations after Katrina from citizens concerned about the safety and well-being of pets hurt or abandoned during the hurricane. Now LSU is asking for help from FEMA and other organizations to help cover the costs, when they received more than enough to cover the all expenses. What are they doing with the money from the donations? People donated for just this purpose, but they made sure it was made out to a foundation so it could be used as LSU designated. They misrepresented what/how the donations were going to be used in my opinion :mad:

Re: What is LSU doing with donations?

Quote Originally Posted by du_u_no
    LSU Vet School received $$millions in donations after Katrina from citizens concerned about the safety and well-being of pets hurt or abandoned during the hurricane. Now LSU is asking for help from FEMA and other organizations to help cover the costs, when they received more than enough to cover the all expenses. What are they doing with the money from the donations? People donated for just this purpose, but they made sure it was made out to a foundation so it could be used as LSU designated. They misrepresented what/how the donations were going to be used in my opinion :mad:
    This about Charity: it can never requite Need.
    "Surely, you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot?
    There will be poor always, pathetically struggling,- look at the good things you've got." Tim Rice, Andrew Lloyd Webber: Jesus Christ Superstar

Junior, do you have any proof of your allegations?
    Or is this post just a d*mn*d googleslander.

Re: What is LSU doing with donations?

I have documentation. I have the figures submitted to campus. I have correspondence from deans to dept heads asking how can they ask for assistance if donations exceeded expenses. This is an excerpt from one correspondence:

FEMA has denied our Shelter claim. I know that our auditors are very concerned that contributions exceeded expenses and that any attempt to recover costs from FEMA or the State will give the appearance that we are trying to make money on this tragedy. I have discussed this with the xxxxxx and Dr. XXXXX and the consensus was that under the circumstances, we should not pursue this farther.

I know for a fact that this was pursued, because I was the one generating the reports for submission to FEMA and other agencies.