+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who leaked Plame's name?

Newsweek's Michael Isikoff details Richard Armitage's central role in the Valerie Plame leak and so it seems that there are more than a few democratic posters here that have some explaining to do.

I have pointed out so many times the complete irresponsibility of the liberal democrats in Washington, and on this board. You convict this president and this administration of wrong doing every single day, and do so without any evidence to back up your claims. This incident is a classic example of why the liberal left in this country are beyond reprehensible and need to be removed from the political scene, and in some cases jailed for slander and treason.

Just to recap, here is the crow that is being served to those of you on the left:

Rove didn't out plame.

Cheney didn't out plame.

Scooter didn't out plame.

Bush didn't out plame.

Rove didn't orchestrate a conspiracy to silence Joe Wilson.

Cheney didn't orchestrate a conspiracy to silence Joe Wilson.

Bush didn't orchestrate a conspiracy to silence Joe Wilson.

There was no plan to get revenge on Joe Wilson.

This wasn't done to hurt Valerie Wilson or Joe Wilson.

This was done by someone who was not an allie to the Bush Administration.

Valerie Plame was not a covert operative.

No law was broken, that's why there hasn't been an indictment.

The left lied about Bush, Cheney and Rove's premeditated involvement in leaking her name by design.

Joe Wilson lied to the American people, and the democrats bought it without question.

Joe Wilson lied to the MSM, and based on their liberal bias and hatred for the president, not only ran with the story and never checked it out, but continued to allow the man to spew the same lies, even after he was proven to be making false accusations and statements.

This all just goes to show that everything I have said about the left's lack of integrity, honesty, morality and class, along with their absolute hatred for the president, his administration and the U.S. military was/is/and always will be

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

Re: Who leaked Plame's name?

WELL!?evben if ypou are RIGHT about your ENQIRER magazine ASSERTION!?(just like!?)hehe!!it does POINT to 1 GLARING fault of these IMBASILES running the COUNTRY!?(called your BUDDIES!?)they CANT do ANYTHING by DESIGN!?hehe!!just by HINDSIGHT!?hehe!!POOpshoot politics at it's BEST!?hehe!!just askin...

sojustask is offline The Late, Great Lady Mod - Retired User Rank

I noticed you neglected to put a link to your story Grim. Is it not something that can be verified unless one subscribes to Newsweek?

Lady Mod

Hey cupcake, your heroes don't seem to be off the hook yet. I wouldn't start celebrating just yet if I were you.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,209951,00.html

Plame Considering Lawsuit Against Former State Dept. Official Armitage
    Wednesday, August 23, 2006

WASHINGTON Former CIA officer Valerie Plame is considering suing the recent No. 2 State Department official in a case accusing members of the Bush administration of conspiring to leak her identity to the media, Plame's attorney said Tuesday.

Official State Department calendars, provided to The Associated Press under the Freedom of Information Act, show then-Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage held a one-hour meeting marked "private appointment" with Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward on June 13, 2003.

That was the same day Woodward met with a confidential source who spoke to him about Plame, according to a person familiar with information gathered by prosecutors. The person spoke only on condition of anonymity because the material remains sealed.

Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has investigated whether Bush administration officials intentionally revealed Plame's identity as a one-time CIA covert official. Nobody has been charged with the leak but former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby has been accused of lying to investigators and to a grand jury.

Plame has sued Vice President Dick Cheney, White House aide Karl Rove and Libby, saying they leaked her name to punish her husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson, for criticizing the administration's march to war with Iraq.

The calendar released to the AP is the first confirmation that Woodward and Armitage met during the key time in the CIA leak case.

Plame attorney Melanie Sloan said she was considering adding Armitage's name to the suit. Based on the calendar entry, Sloan said, "it sure sounds like" he was Woodward's source.

The real question, Sloan said, is whether Armitage revealed Plame's identity to columnist Robert Novak, who was the first to get the information into print. If so, she said that doesn't get Libby or others off the hook in the civil case, but it widens the conspiracy.

"Then I think maybe Armitage was in on it," Sloan said. "The question is just what was Armitage's role?"

Neither Woodward nor Armitage would discuss the meeting.

Plame's attorneys plan to seek depositions from the defendants and others, including Armitage, about the leak.

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/..._id=1003053720

'Newsweek' Says Armitage Was Plame Source for Both Novak and Woodward
    By E&P Staff
    Published: August 26, 2006

NEW YORK In an article at the Newsweek web site on Saturday, the magazine's Michael Isikoff declared that former Richard Armitage, the former deputy secretary of state, "outed" ex-CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson to both columnist Robert Novak and Bob Woodward of The Washington Post.

The scoop comes from the book "Hubris," by Isikoff and David Corn, to be published in early September.

"The disclosures about Armitage," Isikoff writes, "gleaned from interviews with colleagues, friends and lawyers directly involved in the case, underscore one of the ironies of the Plame investigation: that the initial leak, seized on by administration critics as evidence of how far the White House was willing to go to smear an opponent, came from a man who had no apparent intention of harming anyone."

Armitage has been known as a moderate in the administration.

Neither Novak nor Woodward has confirmed the source so far.

Lady mod, I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't sure about what is going down here. The facts you haven't seen yet, is that Fitz boy knew it was Armitage as far back as 20 months ago, but kept this investigation going.

Why? Could it be that this was a politically motivated opportunity to once again drag the Bush administration through the mud costing tax payers millions of dollars?

Why did they persist in calling people to testify when this information was already known?

As for Armitage, he is not a friend to the administration and according to all reports, Armitage did not leak her name with any intention of doing harm to her, or for revenge against Joe Wilson like every one of you libs have claimed for the last year and a half.

You people showed your a.s.s by convicting the administration and many within it, of some kind of conspiracy that was never true. If you all had any integrity what so ever, you would apologize and/or retract your ill advised and totally un-American accusations. I do not expect you all to do so, considering how many false accusations and out right lies you still parade around today.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim17
    Lady mod, I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't sure about what is going down here. The facts you haven't seen yet, is that Fitz boy knew it was Armitage as far back as 20 months ago, but kept this investigation going.

Why? Could it be that this was a politically motivated opportunity to once again drag the Bush administration through the mud costing tax payers millions of dollars? Why did they persist in calling people to testify when this information was already known?

As for Armitage, he is not a friend to the administration and according to all reports, Armitage did not leak her name with any intention of doing harm to her, or for revenge against Joe Wilson like every one of you libs have claimed for the last year and a half.

You people showed your a.s.s by convicting the administration and many within it, of some kind of conspiracy that was never true. If you all had any integrity what so ever, you would apologize and/or retract your ill advised and totally un-American accusations. I do not expect you all to do so, considering how many false accusations and out right lies you still parade around today.

Very well said. And you are correct, they will never apologize, they still refuse to believe the truth. Same ol same ol.

Why? Could it be that this was a politically motivated opportunity to once again drag the Bush administration through the mud costing tax payers millions of dollars?

Why did they persist in calling people to testify when this information was already known?

We have repeated what we have read the same as you neocons have done Grim. You don't have any kind of insider information any more than we do.

You show your lack of balls by standing by an administration that doesn't give a damn about your welfare. The only Un-Americans there are are those who blindly follow and never question the actions of their government leadership.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star",
    May 7, 1918

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    We have repeated what we have read the same as you neocons have done Grim. You don't have any kind of insider information any more than we do.

You show your lack of balls by standing by an administration that doesn't give a damn about your welfare. The only Un-Americans there are are those who blindly follow and never question the actions of their government leadership.

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

"Roosevelt in the Kansas City Star",
    May 7, 1918
    Outstanding rebuttal lady mod! Fitzgerald is in the process of conducting a criminal investigation and has yet to release any of the findings. For anyone to post that "I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't sure about what is going down here" is the height of self delusion. Either that or he really is a Karl Rove operative haunting internet bulletin boards in order to spread more disinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Outstanding rebuttal lady mod! Fitzgerald is in the process of conducting a criminal investigation and has yet to release any of the findings.
    It was an outstanding rebuttal from a democratic perspective, because it changed the subject and avoided the point. The point was that Fitzgerald was in the process of conducting a criminal investigation, but that didn't stop you libs from stating as fact, that that Rove, Cheney and company were involved in a conspiracy to get revenge on Joe Wilson. You were wrong! You never should have made such irresponsible statements and now I waiting to see if any of you have any integrity. So far, there is none to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    For anyone to post that "I wouldn't have posted this if I wasn't sure about what is going down here" is the height of self delusion. Either that or he really is a Karl Rove operative haunting internet bulletin boards in order to spread more disinformation.
    If I'm wrong, you can be sure that I have the integrity to post an apology and a retraction, even though based on the actions of you people, one isn't deserved.

Grim17 check this out & look for my post in there - http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=242380#post242380

Im sorry i already posted something that relates to this post over there.
    Please help reply to my post over there and NOT HERE. Thank you.
    Last edited by RememberMyName; 08-29-2006 at 12:15 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing ."
    - Edmund Burke 1729—1797

"A leader is someone who ask all the questions and lead others with his own answers while a follower is someone who never ask questions and follow others with his own blindness."
    - Christian A. Fleetwood

If I'm wrong, you can be sure that I have the integrity to post an apology and a retraction, even though based on the actions of you people, one isn't deserved.

Why don't you go back to scam2.com where you can be with other bigot and racists like yourself Grim. You actually fit in over there.

Lady Mod

Quote Originally Posted by sojustask
    Why don't you go back to scam2.com where you can be with other bigot and racists like yourself Grim. You actually fit in over there.

Lady Mod
    Is that how you respond to the truth?

Why of course it is. It certainly beats debate, doesn't it Lady Mod?

lolololololololololololol

And btw lady mod, I haven't seen DieChrist posting over there, or analkissed, or afgan-canidian-african-or whatever "can" he is posting over there, so you are wrong... The racists and bigots haven't yet arrived.

And also, would you be so kind as to please post as much as one racist thing I have ever posted please... You know, to prove you aren't a liberal liar that gets off on making unfounded and completely false characterizations of members of this board when the truth of your despicable ideology is thrown in your face...

I'll be waiting Miss Moderator for you to back up your words...

Last edited by Grim17; 08-29-2006 at 03:17 PM.

Is that how you respond to the truth?

Why of course it is. It certainly beats debate, doesn't it Lady Mod?

lolololololololololololol

And btw lady mod, I haven't seen DieChrist posting over there, or analkissed, or afgan-canidian-african-or whatever "can" he is posting over there, so you are wrong... The racists and bigots haven't yet arrived.

And also, would you be so kind as to please post as much as one racist thing I have ever posted please... You know, to prove you aren't a liberal liar that gets off on making unfounded and completely false characterizations of members of this board when the truth of your despicable ideology is thrown in your face...

I'll be waiting Miss Moderator for you to back up your words...

LOL, no Grim, but you have yet to post truth.

They weren't as gullible as you Grim, so they wouldn't be over there. Though, they might consider it since there isn't supposed to be ANY moderation going on there. You can cuss (with no software interference), call people names, say anything and post anything you want without repercussions. :eek: All those things the neocons constantly complained were happening here that weren't. :D

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 08-29-2006 at 04:03 PM.

So, you admit that you attacked my character using a lie? You admit that I have never made any racist statements on this board, and therefore calling me a racist and a bigot was totally baseless? If you of course stand by your original statement, then I'm sure you won't mind posting an example of my racism and bigotry to show everyone you are not in fact a liar.

You can cuss (with no software interference), call people names, say anything and post anything you want without repercussions. All those things the neocons constantly complained were happening here that weren't.

Lady Mod
    Wow... What a short memory you have... I won't get into that debate, but the complaint lady mod is that you were playing favorites with you moderation of this board, and that wasn't speculation, it was fact.

But that is water under the bridge and now you are only accused of being someone that is so lacking in morality and integrity, that you stand idly by and ignore the most vile posts made by members of this board that you have publicly stood behind. You constantly pat people on the back such as AnarchicOldGit, Americanadian and DieChrist while their posts reflect things like the advocating genocide, the spreading of anti-Semitic propaganda, the making of hateful racist remarks against the Jews, and their displaying of all around bigotry in general.

In other words, you have sold your soul to feed your hatred and boast your parties political stand.

Congrats.

So, you admit that you attacked my character using a lie? You admit that I have never made any racist statements on this board, and therefore calling me a racist and a bigot was totally baseless? If you of course stand by your original statement, then I'm sure you won't mind posting an example of my racism and bigotry to show everyone you are not in fact a liar.
    Cupcake, you have to first have a character in order for me to attack it, either with a lie or the truth.

I didn't say you made racist or biggoted remarks here, I referred to the statement you made on the scam2 board. On the fake forum you made mention that you were glad to be there, you wouldn't have to respond to bigots and racists. I find that amusing since you do respond to yourself all the time here. Which, by the way is very weird.

Wow... What a short memory you have... I won't get into that debate, but the complaint lady mod is that you were playing favorites with you moderation of this board, and that wasn't speculation, it was fact.

But that is water under the bridge and now you are only accused of being someone that is so lacking in morality and integrity, that you stand idly by and ignore the most vile posts made by members of this board that you have publicly stood behind. You constantly pat people on the back such as AnarchicOldGit, Americanadian and DieChrist while their posts reflect things like the advocating genocide, the spreading of anti-Semitic propaganda, the making of hateful racist remarks against the Jews, and their displaying of all around bigotry in general.

In other words, you have sold your soul to feed your hatred and boast your parties political stand.

Congrats.
    LOL, you are quite amusing for a characterless neocon. First, they weren't complaining about me on the other forum. I am well aware of what your complaints about me here were about. You complain about everything and everyone that doesn't agree with you. Big deal. Put on your big boy panties and get over it. Your complaints are insignificant.

And I don't have a political party or stand. I just think your party is full of liars and crooks, especially that head guy at the top you call a president. You fit in real well with them cupcake. The fact that you would RATHER rub elbows on a forum who can't get membership without spamming this forum speaks volumes about your morals and ethics. I guess it takes a thief to understand one.

Lady Mod
    Last edited by sojustask; 08-30-2006 at 02:01 AM.