+ Reply to Thread

Atlantic Funding Settlement Corp.

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine got a $5,000 check in the mail from Atlantic Funding Settlement Corporation yesterday. I am assuming this is a scam and told her not to cash it, but I was wondering if anyone here would know for sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Atlantic Funding Settlement Corp.

What reason did this outfit give for sending a check to your friend?
    Please post any other info which came with the check.

I will try to find out if a letter accompanied the check and post any additional info.

I just recieved a letter in the mail from the same group as well (for the second time now). I've been trying to figure out if they are legit or not. Supposedly, they say that I have won a a large payout that was part of an international sweepstakes. The organization says that there are fees and taxes associated with the winnings so they send you a check to cover this. Apparently the group says they are a 3rd part processor that helps people find unclaimed lottery and sweekpstakes winnings. I threw away the first check and letter they sent me, but was surprized to recieve another one. It sounds pretty fishy, but the check is a regular check from a normal bank. The letter also has a disclaimer though that says if the check is cashed withough proper notification and procedures you will be held liable in the amount of the check and winnings declared void. Maybe I'll call them and see what they have to say.

IT'S a BIG SCAM. The company changes names frequently which is why there is not information on them. Try Avenue Funding. At any rate the address listed for them 191 Parliament street is a thrifty car rental. I called phone busters in Canada and the check is couterfeit, but it can be cashed because they take real checks and change the payee, which means you can be liable for the amount of the check whether it is still in your account or not. Also international lotteries are illegal. You can call OPP Phonbebusters at 1-888-495-8501 to report this.

a VERY BIG SCAM!!!